• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I can't even see Sakurai keeping Lucario just because of pure fan backlash. I guaran-damn-tee you that if Lucario is in Smash 4 the fan reaction will be "Wow! What a COMPLETE waste of a character slot! We don't need this many Pokemon! They should have put in *insert character that didn't make it in because of Lucario*"
Same thing could be said about return of Mewtwo.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Oh god. Please no Mewtwo vs Lucario crap. They're both dead to Game Freak's PR. One doesn't have any better chance of getting in than the other.

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
May as well post my attempt at a roster. At least 50 characters

Mario series

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr

- Bowser Jr. is the second most re-occuring villain in the series. No way can Nintendo ignore him this time
- Characters like Waluigi or Daisy aren't signficant enough to get in. They never appeared in the main games or had any games of their own. Toad has a chance but I won't get my hopes up.

Paper Mario series

Paper Mario

- The RPG series needs some representation. PM has a game coming out for the 3DS and rumored to have another.
- For those that think he'll be a Mario clone, go play the PM games. PM doesn't use fireballs, a cape, FLUDD, or a super coin punch.

Wario series

Wario

- The only Wario game I've played was Wario World. So I really don't know who else from his series can be added TBH.

Yoshi series

Yoshi

- Only Yoshi is needed. Kamek can be an AT.

Donkey Kong series

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.Rool

- The main DK villain should have been added a long time ago. The fact that he wasn't even considered for Brawl, but Wolf got in almost sickens me.
- If there's four DK reps, then I'll gladly take Dixie also, but if there's three, it should be the main villain. Not another Kong.

Zelda series

Link
Toon Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Tingle

- If they actually give TL his own moveset this time, then I'll accept him. Otherwise I don't want him back.
- Tingle may not be very popular in the US, but he is in Japan. That can't be ignored.

Star Fox series

Fox
Falco
Wolf

- Fine as it is. Just make Falco more different than Fox and give them all different Final Smashes. It made no sense for Wolf to have a Landmaster.
- I would have liked Krystal, but she had her chance in Brawl. There's a rumor that they might reboot the SF franchise and she may get written out of continuity anyway.

Metroid series

Samus/ZSS
Ridley

- Ridley is the main reoccuring boss. Problem is how to make him playable.
- If Metroid gets a third rep, it'll probably be Dark Samus.

Kirby series

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

- All three main characters are already in. Fine as it is.

Pokemon series

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario?
Zoroark

- They aren't cutting any of the original 12. So Jigglypuff stays.
- I can see them possibly giving PT some new Pokemon to use.
- Out of all the Brawl characters, I think Lucario has the biggest chance of getting cut.(hence the ?) He was mostly put in because he was flavor of the month. I can actually see him getting replaced by Zoroark.

F-zero series

Captain Falcon

- If F-Zero gets another game, then maybe it could get another rep. But as for right now CF is all that's needed from a dead series. Other franchises should get a chance to be represented.

Earthbound series

Ness
Lucas

- Same as F-zero.

Fire Emblem series

Marth
Ike
Possible third rep?

- Ike stays. Too popular and unlike Roy, wasn't a Marth clone and one of the only FE to appear in multiple games.
- I think it’s likely that the Fire Emblem team will have a upcoming game to advertise, and the lord of that game will sit in our 3rd spot. FE is loved enough in both it’s own world and smash to warrant a third character. Perhaps Sigurd if they remake FE4. He also used lances if I remember correctly

Kid Icarus series

Pit
Medusa
Magnus?

- Since Sakurai's reviving the KI series, I wouldn't put it past him to place other characters in Smash.

Retro series

Ice Climbers
ROB
Mr G&W
Lip
Mike Jones

- ROB is a big part of Nintendo history. He's not going anywhere.
- Panel de Pon has been repped in Smash since Melee so it time to up the ante and give playable character representation.
- Mike Jones is probably a huge stretch. Startropics wasn't even released in Japan. But then again over half the US probably never heard of Marth, Roy, Lucas, and Ness before their Smash inclusion.

Modern series:

Olimar
Little Mac
Isaac
Saki or Isa
Starfy

- Little Mac is way overdue. Punch-Out Wii will probably lead to his inclusion.
- Not sure if Golden Sun is big enough to have two reps, but Isaac is like the Marth of it. Similar thing with S&P. Saki is the original.
- Starfy can be our "WTF?" character this time.(IE Mr G&W and ROB)

3rd parties

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

- Whether people like it or not, 3rd parties aren't going anywhere. Hell SSB4 may end up having more.
- Sakurai and Kojima are good friends. Shouldn't take much effort to keep Snake.
- There would be massive backlash if Snake and Sonic (especially him) were removed.
- After Sonic was revealed in Brawl, there was a poll on who people wanted as the next 3rd party and I believe MM got the most votes.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Lucario and Mewtwo will make it in SSB4. I hope they don't make it in for that matter. There will be too many Pokemon characters if they were added in. Now with a likely 5th gen Pokemon making it in SSB4, the only other Pokemon that should be in the roster are Pikachu, PT (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) and Jigglypuff.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
You've got to be kidding right? Over Zoroark or Mewtwo.

I'm sorry but that is just not going to happen, even if they are a tag team, thetly still aren't deserving enough, plus the two little fools would end up closer to Pikachu's moves in a way.

If any pokemon deserves a spot it's Mewtwo along with:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark
Jigglypuff (IMO she needs to be replaced)

:phone:
What you quoted is probable and realistic, but I still want the rockets!

You forgot Marth and Ike, but overall I agree with the list except I would replace Takamaru with Medusa instead since Kid Icarus is in the works by Sakurai himself and he'll most likely want to promote someone in any way.

Oh ****!

I forgot about those 2 guys >_>

Other M is an abomination. Not even the most persistent Metroid fanboys I know like that.
I liked Other M. Got a problem with that?
Curses, I really wanted Phantom Brave and Disgaea characters in a fighting game like this. Nippon Ichi is known to do tactical role playing games, but not fighting games (although Disgaea Infinite is a visual novel while Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? is a platform game almost similar to Sonic and Mario games).

Okay. how about this:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Snake, Ryu, Zero, and Chris Redfield. Good enough?
I only expect 3. Mega Man, Snake and Sonic.

Someone please review my roster:

Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr.

Toad - Then again, there's no reason to doubt Toad's access. Toad has been in Mario ever since. He's also iconic and important to it. The generic excuse won't work, the neutral B won't work. If you think he has the potential to be an assist trophy then you're saying that his importance is as small as Waluigi's when it's not. If you say he had small roles in the other Mario games then think again. He's appeared in more games than Jr. I'm not saying Jr. will get in. I just don't understand why some people don't agree.

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (Sword)
Young Link

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
K Rool

Metroid universe:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Ridley - Don't argue about his size. Don't think about it.

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi

Star Fox unuiverse:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer (3)

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas

F-zero universe:
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike

Retro universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Paper Mario seems to be a great idea. If Dr. Mario got in melee then I suppose it's Paper Mario's turn to get in SSB.

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Medusa

Medusa - I guess she has the potential to get in.

Wario universe:
Wario

Pikmin universe:
Olimar (Wii U)

Punch out universe:
Little Mac (Wii U)

Little Mac - No one is against him. Practically everyone here wants him in.

Golden Sun Universe:
Isaac

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Mega Man - Most likely to be capcom's rep in SSB.

Newcomers:
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Young Link
Dixie
K Rool
Ridley
Takumaru
Mega Man
Zoroark
3 new pokemons of Pokemon Trainer

Exclusives:

Wii U:
Little Mac
Olimar

Number of newcomers: 13 (Wii U ), 12 (3DS)

Number of characters: 44, 49 (With transformations) - Wii U

Edit:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Someone please review my roster:

Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr.

Toad - Then again, there's no reason to doubt Toad's access. Toad has been in Mario ever since. He's also iconic and important to it. The generic excuse won't work, the neutral B won't work. If you think he has the potential to be an assist trophy then you're saying that his importance is as small as Waluigi's when it's not. If you say he had small roles in the other Mario games then think again. He's appeared in more games than Jr. I'm not saying Jr. will get in. I just don't understand why some people don't agree.

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (Sword)
Young Link

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
K Rool

Metroid universe:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Ridley - Don't argue about his size. Don't think about it.

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi

Star Fox unuiverse:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer (3)

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas

F-zero universe:
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike

Retro universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Paper Mario seems to be a great idea. If Dr. Mario got in melee then I suppose it's Paper Mario's turn to get in SSB.

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Medusa

Medusa - I guess she has the potential to get in.

Wario universe:
Wario

Pikmin universe:
Olimar (Wii U)

Punch out universe:
Little Mac (Wii U)

Little Mac - No one is against him. Practically everyone here wants him in.

Golden Sun Universe:
Isaac

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Mega Man - Most likely to be capcom's rep in SSB.

Newcomers:
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Young Link
Dixie
K Rool
Ridley
Takumaru
Mega Man
Zoroark
3 new pokemons of Pokemon Trainer

Exclusives:

Wii U:
Little Mac
Olimar

Number of newcomers: 13 (Wii U ), 12 (3DS)

Number of characters: 44, 49 (With transformations) - Wii U

Edit:
What?! 3 new Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer?! That would be crazy (sorry)! Recovering her composure, that I know Charizard and Squirtle are extremely popular, moreover, are classics! Well, the team is perfect: Squirtle possesses an invulnerable hull in addition to being fast, Ivysaur possesses attacks away and has a great recovery, and finally Charizard, who flies and crush! When I combine these powers (Side special move Squirtle escapes of the Final Smashes of Marth, Mario, Luigi, C. Falcon, Peach, Lucario, DK, ZSS and Samus, Ivysaur Standard Special Move, if you have ability, you take conse much more damage than the some final smashes, the Charizard Side Special Move, in short, you go flying) is me who wins!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What you quoted is probable and realistic, but I still want the rockets!
The Rockets like Jessie and James?
Hmm... That wouldn't be such a bad idea at all, in fact if they had any two pokemon plus Meowth as a 3rd pokemon then I would definetly put Mewtwo past me, but I believe before those two are even considered, the other trainers such as Pokemon trainer gold or the female trainer will be first in line.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
- Starfy can be our "WTF?" character this time.(IE Mr G&W and ROB)
I never understood what made Robotic Operating Buddy a "WTF" Character? I always thought his physical and special attacks were straightforward and understandable, and I expect the same from Starfy(if her does become a playable fighter).

Or is it because people didn't expect R.O.B. to be a playable fighter?

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
The Rockets like Jessie and James?
Hmm... That wouldn't be such a bad idea at all, in fact if they had any two pokemon plus Meowth as a 3rd pokemon then I would definetly put Mewtwo past me, but I believe before those two are even considered, the other trainers such as Pokemon trainer gold or the female trainer will be first in line.

It can be any rocket, and this would count as a second pokemon trainer, and if are Jessie and James, Meowth was out, the team would be Victreebel, Lickitung and Arbok.

OmegaXXII

Most likely nodody saw ROB coming, in Brawl, everybody was so hyped about their characters making it in that an icon such as ROB who hasn't been in a recent series wasn't even considered by fans and then....

BAM! Sakurai throws him in, anything could happen for such character, ROB just proved that a character doesn't have to be currently popular, but iconic and historically important to Nintendo, that is what I believe.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For those who haven't recognized my past posts, here are the links to the various things that I've posted here...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12835669&postcount=249 - Roster
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12837738&postcount=381 - Control Scheme
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12838693&postcount=440 - Alternate Outfits (1)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12840180&postcount=635 - Stages (1)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12846037&postcount=1327 - CPU
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12849019&postcount=1835 - Tripping
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12849661&postcount=1935 - Handicap
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12849988&postcount=1968 - Mega Mushroom
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12850645&postcount=2026 - Special Brawl
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12851239&postcount=2156 - Alternate Outfits (2)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12853243&postcount=2340 - Solo Mode
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12857655&postcount=2757 - BGMs
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12858559&postcount=2798 - Assist Trophy & Poke Ball
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12858962&postcount=2860 - Bosses
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12859949&postcount=3031 - Zoroark Special Moves
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12861946&postcount=3291 - 3rd Party Assist Trophies
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12863708&postcount=3392 - Poke Ball (2)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12865875&postcount=3571 - Event Match (1)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12866934&postcount=3650 - Assist Trophy (2)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12869511&postcount=3760 - Event Match (2)

It's better to link you to the posts, instead of recreating them.

OmegaXXII

It can be any rocket, and this would count as a second pokemon trainer, and if are Jessie and James, Meowth was out, the team would be Victreebel, Lickitung and Arbok.
That would be awesome but seeing that Meowth is an iconic pokemon of team rocket I would be shocked if he wasn't included, here are some possibilities:

Arbok, Koffing or Victribell, Lickitung plus Meowth being the 3rd.

I've always wanted to see Giovanni Instead, he would definetly be the Antagonist from the Pokemon franchise.

His Pokemon would include:

Persian, Nidoking, Machamp/Mewtwo

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I actually supported R.O.B. in the earlier pre-Brawl days. :I Because he was my favorite in Mario Kart...

I think what thew people off was that he was revealed as a common enemy in SSE, so people just assumed that was all he would be.

I don't like the term "WTF character". It's not like some kind of criteria that has to be met. Sakurai just happened to see potential in someone that most people didn't expect is all.

Also after playing a bit of Joy Mech Fight again, I'm really hoping we get to see Sukapon...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And once you hear they are announced you go "WTF" hence the name, "WTF character"
Right, but people seem to just throw in a character and say "It can be our WTF character" as though it's a quota that must be filled.

Probably just being picky. :V

OmegaXXII

I think what thew people off was that he was revealed as a common enemy in SSE, so people just assumed that was all he would be.
Yea, it's true, when I first played SSE, he seemed to have blended in with the SSE storyline perfectly and at one point thought he was "a generic character".

But that didn't turn out to be the case, people are saying "WTF" because like you mentioned, weren't expecting such a character to be playable.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
That would be awesome but seeing that Meowth is an iconic pokemon of team rocket I would be shocked if he wasn't included, here are some possibilities:

Arbok, Koffing or Victribell, Lickitung plus Meowth being the 3rd.

I've always wanted to see Giovanni Instead, he would definetly be the Antagonist from the Pokemon franchise.

His Pokemon would include:

Persian, Nidoking, Machamp/Mewtwo

I just do not include Meowth because he would be good alone and it would be strange to see him coming out of a pokeball. Lickitung is my second favorite pokemon (After Ivysaur) and would be very funny and effec his lap, as it would not take our time as the song Jiggloo! Lickitung (however unlikely) has a great potential. Giovanni would be Brilliant!

OmegaXXII

I just do not include Meowth because he would be good alone and it would be strange to see him coming out of a pokeball. Lickitung is my second favorite pokemon (After Ivysaur) and would be very funny and effec his lap, as it would not take our time as the song Jiggloo! Lickitung (however unlikely) has a great potential. Giovanni would be Brilliant!
Yeah, I guess Meoth would look a bit strange coming out of a Pokeball, some people want him as a seperate character, in that case he should definetly replace Jigglypuff but it's doubtful since Jiggs is part of the "first 12"

Who did you have in mind instead of Meowth?

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S (#4119): I was just about to come up with Professor Hector's stage. Still, it would be a cool idea for R.O.B. to get his own stage.
vVv Rapture said:
Not getting rid of Dark Samus, considering she's not a Samus clone and is one of the most important characters in the Metroid series. I don't care for Lucas. V Joe and PW are just cool additions I wouldn't mind seeing.
Didn't you say that this was a prediction? I am giving you suggestions on how to improve it.

- Why do we need three Metroid rep? This isn't from Sakurai, so he isn't going to pull a Kirby with this franchise. And how would Dark Samus be unique?

- You do realize that Lucas has the starter clause, right? This makes him very likely to come back into the game. And since this is a prediction, understand that there is next to no chance that we get three third-party characters from Capcom.
BlazingKatakiri said:
The only character guaranteed to get cut is Lucario due to 4th Gen not being current. (Same reason Pichu didn't come back) The only other character that deserves to be cut is the Ice Climbers. You can't even make an argument for them to stay in due to their game being cancelled.
I don't think anyone is guarantee to be cut, not even Lucario, as likely as he is. There's always a chance that since I believe we'll get five Pokemon slots next gen, that they'll put one of Zoroark/Victini in the game and put Lucario back in. His chances are not good, but I wouldn't completely rule him out yet.

- How does Ice Climbers deserve to go? They are unique players that no one else has. If we took Ice Climbers away, we would lose a very unique player and many players would be rightfully vexed.

And they are more significant then Earthbound, which has two reps. If you consider it likely that they'll keep both reps, then surely Ice Climbers whom's one game that sold 1.5 million copies (More then the entire Mother series I'll add) is 95% guarantee to stay.
Hoots said:
As much as I don't care for Lucario, I see no reason to axe him. He is established and popular and they slapped a bunch of Mewtwo's moves on him. I could see him being cut if they slapped his moveset onto Zoroark. However, due to Zoroark being of the less mystical variety of pokemon, their movesets are much less interchangeable. Therefore, since Lucario is already a character? Why not bring him back? First gen fans already have plenty of reps. Let Mewtwo go IMHO.
Honestly, as much as I want Mewtwo back, I would also like for Lucario to come back. I'd be satisfied with either options because if Mewtwo comes back to SSB4, he can get the move set he deserves and if Lucario stays, he already has an well established play style. Pokemon IMO deserves more then four next gen.
Hoots said:
The 2 DK stages? ARCADE DONKEY KONG AND JUNGLE BEAT! Respect for DKC? I think not. A jungle setting in SSE as well as a similar mechanic hardly counts as evidence of his knowledge and respect. All I'm saying.
Considering that Donkey Kong has only two characters, this is something you should be especially grateful for. There's also a Melee stage from the Donikey Kong series, which shows that Sakurai has knowledge of the series.

Even thought King K. Rool wasn't included in Donkey Kong Country Returns, I don't think his chances are necessarily bad.
BlazingKatakiri said:
I can't even see Sakurai keeping Lucario just because of pure fan backlash. I guaran-damn-tee you that if Lucario is in Smash 4 the fan reaction will be "Wow! What a COMPLETE waste of a character slot! We don't need this many Pokemon! They should have put in *insert character that didn't make it in because of Lucario*"
At least it gives Sakurai a ways to cut back on time developing a second newcomer. They can simply give us Zoroark/Victini and keep Lucario in, which gives us five Pokemon reps. Haven't you considered that.

Also, I would be one of those people who would be glad if they kept Lucario in.
Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said:
Sonic 2006 is an example of what happens if Sega doesn't let Nintendo join in with the development. Old rivalries die hard it seems.
Where is your proof that the only good Sonic games nowadays that Nintendo helps with? Nintendo did nothing to help Sonic Unleashed for the Wii and I found it to be great.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Yeah, I guess Meoth would look a bit strange coming out of a Pokeball, some people want him as a seperate character, in that case he should definetly replace Jigglypuff but it's doubtful since Jiggs is part of the "first 12"

Who did you have in mind instead of Meowth?

Exactly! Meowth would be the best character to replace Jigloo, there are rumors that Meowth would be one of 12, and if the rumor is correct, this substitution would not be bad. (the only bad thing is that I and many other people would miss the pink balloon and crush the enemy against the wall with his final smash) I liked your opinions! We need to discuss a little more! Well, gotta go ... School! ...

OmegaXXII

Exactly! Meowth would be the best character to replace Jigloo, there are rumors that Meowth would be one of 12, and if the rumor is correct, this substitution would not be bad. (the only bad thing is that I and many other people would miss the pink balloon and crush the enemy against the wall with his final smash) I liked your opinions! We need to discuss a little more! Well, gotta go ... School! ...
Yea, I heard he was intended to be in SSB64 but ended up being a pokeball pokemon instead, Jiggs has a great style but IMO a bit outdated and generic as far as movesets go. But yea.. I'll post in your VM to discuss.

OmegaXXII

Why do people say Jiggs' moveset is generic? WTF are yall talkin about?
Well I can't speak for everyone since everybody is entitled to their opinions

...but I only mentioned generic because she lacks a unique moveset.

Take a look at her neutral B for example, Yoshi has that as well, and her double jump is very much like Kirby's but then again she is a balloon pokemon,as for pound well... It's just seems a bit ol' fashioned, she needs another move.

Again this IMO.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Her neutral B isn't anything like Yoshis in terms of the way they work. And I wasn't really talking to you, I've seen many people say that. Her long range aerials, rest, no up-b, and her extremely light weight make her unique enough for me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's painting a very broad stroke. Inevitably, some characters will have similar attacks, but that by no means makes them generic.

Jiggs' moveset is very unique. Up until Brawl crapped on her, she has been the queen of the air.

OmegaXXII

Jigglypuff, one of the original Smash characters, was the 4th to last character added to Brawl. (Toon Link, Wolf, & Sonic being the last 3) In the game's files she's not even grouped with the 64 or even Melee character.

There's actually a bunch of blank character slots for the characters they removed from Brawl like Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, & Plusle+Minun THEN Jigglypuff. She was added that late.

Being a veteran does not mean anything unless you're one of the original 12. And even then, you might just barely squeeze by.
If Sakurai things the Ice Climbers are still a cute gimmick and wants them to stay, then that's his call, but ICs are in no way deserving to be in Smash 4.
Wow, was Jigglypuff added "that late" in Brawl"? They should have included Mewtwo or even Dixie instead of her.

As for the Ice Climbers, I'd say Sakurai isn't gonna let go of them anytime soon, even if everybody else feels that they aren't deserving enough.

D

Deleted member

Can someone please tell me why Jigglypuff deserves to go? I see no reason not to keep Jigglypuff in. At least unlike Pichu, he can fight.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
that explains why jiggly wasnt in the sse story,same with wolf and toon link

ice climbers are too unique of a fighter to be cut, plus they have been in melee and brawl so it wouldnt make sense to cut them now.

OmegaXXII

Can someone please tell me why Jigglypuff deserves to go? I see no reason not to. At least unlike Pichu, he can fight.
That cracked me up, I always thought of Jiggs as a girl, even though it he/she isn't officially proclaimed as one.

As for your question well, there are way more deserving Pokemon now than there was in SSB64, IMO these pokemon would just as easily make it in:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark
Mewtwo/Lucario
Meowth

Noticed I included Meowth, he has been requested by fans since SSB64 and he's just as popular if not more than Jiggs is.

D

Deleted member

@OmegaXVII: Umm, contrary to popular opinion, Meowth was not in development for SSB64, that's just a rumor. A fifth Pokemon character is likely, but we can't really predict who that character will be.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, here is my revised semi-realistic SSB4 roster / wish list as of today (June 16, 2011)

Main characters from the classic Mario games
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Bowser

Marioverse main characters
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario

Zeldaverse main characters and Takamaru
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Tingle
Takamaru

Main characters of Kid Icarus and Metroid
Pit
Palutena
Medusa
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Classic Nintendo characters of the 1980's
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Little Mac
Dog

Main characters of Kirby and Star Fox
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Wolf

Other Nintendo characters from the 1990's and 2000's
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Isa
Starfy
Muddy Mole

Pokemon
Snivy / Pignite / Samurott
Pikachu
Meowth
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Main characters from Nintendo's RPG franchises
Marth
Caeda
Ness
Lucas
Matthew

Third-party characters and Mii
Mii
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Slime

We start with 28 slots and unlock 22 more slots for a total of 50 slots. There are 55 playable characters, including transformations in total. It has 32 veterans, including transformations and 23 newcomers, including transformations. I know it's not going to happen... that's why it is also my wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom