• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't see a point in 3DS exclusives. Maybe the 3DS isn't powerful enough to have all the characters, but the Wii-U is powerful enough to have them. If they Wii-U version CAN have the characters, it should
But if the 3DS has exclusive characters, it motivates us to get the 3DS version AND the Wii U version instead of buying only the Wii U version because we don't want to have a watered down Wii U roster on the 3DS version. Think about how there are some Pokemon exclusive to one version or the other... and we have to buy both if we wanted to get them all when we connect them.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't count on Medusa being the primary pick for a new Kid Icarus Rep.

The reason for this being the trends on the last Smash games; that is before the villain of a series is added, they like to add the protagonist (obviously) and then the sidekick.

For example we saw In Melee they first added Falco before putting Wolf in Brawl. Also in Brawl we have Diddy Kong, Lucas, and Ike without having a villain for their respected series

So it is more than likely that we will see one of Pit's sidekicks (Paulutena perhaps?) before Medusa

This just what i've noticed but this only on the premise that Kid Icarus just gets one more rep

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To me it would sense. It would be part of the connectivity. Somebody who bought both versions would be able to transfer 3DS exclusive characters over to the Wii U version.

It just sounds like something Nintendo would do.
In up for that

Reminds me of Mario Tennis.

What I meant was, a character playable on the 3DS which in no shape or form is available on the Wii-U. I'd hate that

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Another interesting thing to note is that a lot of items- most notably the Lightsaber "Beam Sword" and the proximity mine "motion-sensor bomb" originate more from movies than games...

Just pointing out the technicalities...
1. Those aren't characters.
2. Those very similar to items from movies but as you noted they were given different names.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Twinbellows. In the NES he was really fast and jumped around a lot. Though he is much bigger in Uprising.
Sounds like he could be a tough boss, especially if he can damage you, just by touching you directly. That would mean problems for the fighters who lack projectiles.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think that only Palutena and Medusa have a real chance. They have been with the series since the beginning. Magnus and Gaol are new and they aren't deeply rooted in history of the series like Palutena and Medusa are. The only reason why people are supporting Magnus and Gaol is because they are new. Unless I see Magnus and/or Gaol in more Kid Icarus games after Uprising, I am not supporting them because it would be the same as supporting Skull Kid, Tetra, Midna, Zant, and even Anthony Higgs and that new villain from Skyward Sword and the other one-time characters just because they are new. I think this is taking the "recent-ness" to the extreme!

And the only reason more people are supporting Medusa than Palutena is because Medusa is a twofer token minority (female AND villain). This is the same reason why some people support Captain Syrup despite her not being THE villain of the Wario Land series.
And who is that again?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
In up for that

Reminds me of Mario Tennis.

What I meant was, a character playable on the 3DS which in no shape or form is available on the Wii-U. I'd hate that
Oh trust me, I would hate that as well.

I can imagine Isaac being stuck as only a playable character in the 3DS version :(. But surely they wouldn't let that happen...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. Those aren't characters.
2. Those very similar to items from movies but as you noted they were given different names.
Wrong, the motion sensor, called the Proximity Mine in Japan, originated from Perfect Dark/ Goldeneye 007

In Japan, the beam sword uses the sounds from Star Wars

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I agree but they were over 10 years ago in the Game Boy era. We are at the end of the DS era and the beginning of the 3DS era now. I expect Captain Syrup will be a trophy (at best) or a sticker (at worst).
Well at least she's been the most featured, WL 4 and WW (ok this one also counts :p) had separate random villains and the new Wii one had her and reinstated her and Wario as archrivals came out last year (or 2009 idk).

She has no chance because Sakurai would rather put in Waluigi with a purple landmaster but I don't think she's that illogical for a second Wario rep.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather see Waluigi come in as an ally to Wario than Captain Syrup as an enemy

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
She has no chance because Sakurai would rather put in Waluigi with a purple landmaster but I don't think she's that illogical for a second Wario rep.

So true ^^

But she does have Mona and Ashley to contend with, and I can only assume they will and have been in the most recent WarioWare games. I prefer Captain Syrup, but Ashley isn't a bad choice. Waluigi is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh no, return of the Ashley fans

I remember the good times spamming and flaming in her thread

Too bad that Waluigi will probably end up as an Assist Trophy again.
I'm not a Waluigi fan, I just mean I like the idea of other Wario characters LESS

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
People just can't admit that Wario's series probably won't have any newcomers. Of course, Waluigi is a Mario series character, so he doesn't count towards the Wario series.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Waluigi SHOULD remain a assist trophy. I mean he exists entirely to provide another character in the Mario side-series. His biggest role ever was being the villain in Mario's Dance Dance Revolution spin-off. Seriously.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh no, return of the Ashley fans

I remember the good times spamming and flaming in her thread
Me, too!

I wish it wouldn't happen this time, though. No more Ashley. Wario Ware will not get a second character.

I'm not a Waluigi fan, I just mean I like the idea of other Wario characters LESS
He isn't even a Wario character. He's a spin-off Mario character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well at least she's been the most featured, WL 4 and WW (ok this one also counts :p) had separate random villains and the new Wii one had her and reinstated her and Wario as archrivals came out last year (or 2009 idk).

Captain Syrup only appeared in Wario Land 1 and 2 as the final boss but she didn't really fight. In the first game, she sicced a giant genie after Wario. In the second game, she was inside a mech and attacked Wario from there.

Final boss fight in Wario Land 1

Final boss fight in Wario Land 2

In Shake It!, she wasn't even the final boss... she sold maps to Wario and she tricked Wario into doing her dirty work and then stole Wario's treasures after Wario beat the final boss, Shake King.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
People just can't admit that Wario's series probably won't have any newcomers. Of course, Waluigi is a Mario series character, so he doesn't count towards the Wario series.
Oh I know that it won't, but Waluigi would probably count towards Wario.

Being an Assist Trophy is literally the only good thing Waluigi has done

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
On non cloney purple wearing loser note,

Some big guy at activision has been talking about how the WiiU is perfect for hardcore gaming and how he believes it will be used in that way. He also goes on to talk about what it's capable of and said something along the lines of: Anyone going up against Nintendo(the WiiU) is doing so at their own paril.

Here's my source. This guy is really awesome, you will like him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
@post #3938: Was it really necessary to repost that image? I could've sworn that I saw it already, several pages back.
I know this is off-topic, but what in the world happened to referring to members by their usernames? Why are we referring to them as the number of their posts now? That doesn't seem right.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's what Sakurai needs to do about Ganondorf:

1. Give Ganondorf is ****ing sword! Keep Ganon slow, but make his sword strikes Marth fast with more power. In terms of sheer swords-play Ganon has always been better than Link and far faster while he only walks and mostly counters, he counters with speed, power, & precision.

2. Put Black Shadow in Smash 4 and give him Ganondorf's current moveset. Not only does the old Ganon get to stay in some form, but it gives F-Zero another rep AND another villain in Smash.

A win for everyone involved.
You read my mind with both characters. Of course, Ganondorf would be heavily imbalanced if his attacks are Marth fast. If his sword is gonna deal heavy damage, he'll have to be a slow attacker as well; think about Ike.

I know this is off-topic, but what in the world happened to referring to members by their usernames? Why are we referring to them as the number of their posts now? That doesn't seem right.
It's often not a good idea to quote posts with large images.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The pokemon that return to smash should have their shiny form as an alternate color. It's not that hard to implement, and think it would have been obvious alternate coloration

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I thought a sword-wielding Ganondorf has already been discussed. We probably won't see such a dramatic over-haul in character design for Ganondorf, as no character has ever had such an overhaul. Besides, beating the crap out of people with fists and dark-purply magic attacks is a lot of fun.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The pokemon that return to smash should have their shiny form as an alternate color. It's not that hard to implement, and think it would have been obvious alternate coloration
To add to that statement, all Pokemon characters should have 6 color picks, just like everyone else. Especially, Pikachu, who heavily needs two extra recolors.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I posted it to make sure people knew exactly what they were looking at. So so so sorry Mario and Sonic Guy :mad:

:mad::mad::mad:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's often not a good idea to quote posts with large images.
And that gives you an excuse to refer to a member by a number instead of their username?

More on-topic: On Ghirahim, I can't see him being playable. He's a villain from a single Zelda game.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I was thinking so... the last time i seen chansey was in ssb64.Who would like to see some classic pokemon come back from the 64 era?

And who hope's there will be more pokemon in ssb4? Im not talking about characters im talking about the pokemon you thro out of pokeballs!

To me there was not as much as there was in melee. But that could just be me it was like, evey time you thru a ball the same pokemon would come back !

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So how 'bout that Ghirahim?
Nobody learned a lesson.

Skull Kid was an one-time villain in Majora's Mask. He isn't playable in Melee nor Brawl.
Zant was an one-time villain in Twilight Princess. He isn't playable in Brawl.
Midna was an one-time ally in Twilight Princess. She isn't playable in Brawl.
Tetra was a two-time ally in The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. She isn't playable in Brawl... and Sakurai considered Toon Sheik instead of Tetra for crying out loud!
Vaati used to be a recurring villain in the Four Swords series and The Minish Cap but he is not relevant to the Zelda series now.

What makes Ghirahim any more special than any of these characters I just listed? Oh, that's right... he is more new than any of them... that's why he is more special. :rolleyes:

I predict that by the time a new Zelda game comes out after Skyward Sword, people will be all "Ghirahim who?" and supporting whoever is the villain or the sidekick in that future Zelda game. People are already forgetting all about Midna now.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I was thinking so... the last time i seen chansey was in ssb64.Who would like ti see some classic pokemon come back from the 64 era?

And who hope's there will be more pokemon in ssb4? Im not talking about characters im talking about the pokemon you thro out of pokeballs!
Yes, more Pokéballs! I'd love to see more Gen 1 Pokémon as well, but Chansey was in Melee. Kinda useless and very nerve racking in 15 man Melee.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
@ Arcadenik: It actually isn't known whether or not Sakurai considered Toon Sheik instead of Tetra. There is no leftover folder called "toonsheik". The only leftover folder concerning Toon Zelda is "toonzelda".

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Yes, more Pokéballs! I'd love to see more Gen 1 Pokémon as well, but Chansey was in Melee. Kinda useless and very nerve racking in 15 man Melee.
Realy i don't remmember seeing her in melee

It's been some time since iv played melee,I like the 5th gen but mabe,mabe they could add a mix of the first gen and add the new gen!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nobody learned a lesson.

Skull Kid was an one-time villain in Majora's Mask. He isn't playable in Melee nor Brawl.
Zant was an one-time villain in Twilight Princess. He isn't playable in Brawl.
Midna was an one-time ally in Twilight Princess. She isn't playable in Brawl.
Tetra was a two-time ally in The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. She isn't playable in Brawl... and Sakurai considered Toon Sheik instead of Tetra for crying out loud!
Vaati used to be a recurring villain in the Four Swords series and The Minish Cap but he is not relevant to the Zelda series now.

What makes Ghirahim any more special than any of these characters I just listed? Oh, that's right... he is more new than any of them... that's why he is more special. :rolleyes:

I predict that by the time a new Zelda game comes out after Skyward Sword, people will be all "Ghirahim who?" and supporting whoever is the villain or the sidekick in that future Zelda game. People are already forgetting all about Midna now.
Technically, Skull kid was a 3 time villain. OoT, MM, and TP all face off against the same skull kid

UberMario

Smash Master
Yep, there definitely was a Chansey in Melee. She would throw eggs that would either contain items, explode, or behave like food, and she was one of the few pokemon that could be KO'd. (Cyndaquil and Marill were the others)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking so... the last time i seen chansey was in ssb64.Who would like ti see some classic pokemon come back from the 64 era?

Chansey was in Melee, too...

Also, Meowth was removed as a Pokeball summon in Melee along with Koffing (replaced with Weezing), Hitmonlee, Starmie (replaced with Staryu), and Beedrill (replaced with Unown). Out of all these removed Pokeball summons, only Meowth came back. This shows that Sakurai knows that Meowth is popular and brought him back.

What I find very suspicious is WHY Meowth was not a Pokeball summon and appeared as a trophy that was based off Meowth's Party, which is based off the anime, and this trophy is obtainable by completing All-Star Mode with all 25 characters. Do you know whose trophy you get after completing All-Star Mode with all 35 characters in Brawl? Plusle & Minun, rumored to be Pra_Mai of the Forbidden Seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom