• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm certainly not a fan of 3-D.

How many re-releases of OoT does Nintendo need? Seriously, if I wanted to play OoT for the 400th time, I would just crank it up on N64, GC Master Quest or Wii Virtual Console. Why would I want to have an "on-the go" OoT?

Shanadeus

Smash Rookie
Whoa. For about 170 I can get the new one and 20 free games???
Forget what I said... I'm in.
You just have to make sure that you log in at least once before the deadline on the 11th of august.

But yeah, 169 US dollars for a new 3DS with 20 free games.
10 of which are classic NES games and 10 of which are GBA games.

You'll be able to download them in September and December.

Well I'm certainly not a fan of 3-D.

How many re-releases of OoT does Nintendo need? Seriously, if I wanted to play OoT for the 400th time, I would just crank it up on N64, GC Master Quest or Wii Virtual Console. Why would I want to have an "on-the go" OoT?
The difference is that this re-release is more than just a emulated game.
They've redone the graphics and built OoT up from scratch for the 3DS.
Yes, it is the same game still, but a lot of people think it feels like a new one thanks to the updated graphics and certain bug removals/gameplay enhancements.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I love the bugs and the graphics of the original OoT just the way they are.

If the point of having a 3DS doesn't really go beyond game remakes, I guess I won't buy it.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Personally, I love the bugs and the graphics of the original OoT just the way they are.

If the point of having a 3DS doesn't really go beyond game remakes, I guess I won't buy it.
Good point. Nintendo should stop relying on it's old
stuff and make something new with this 3DS. I still
have some faith left.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
3ds is stupid how can u play 4 players i go with wii u. it better
Local wireless; it's rather easy. On top of that, the 3DS (and DS) have way better online than the Wii does.

DS=Dual Screen
3DS=3 Dual Screen
6 Screens.

Holy living ****.
I lol'd hardcore. Good stuff! :laugh: :grin: :cool: :chuckle:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
wow, this has nowhere near the activity that the Wiiu has. well the Wiiu IS a home consol.
Thing is Sakurai has all but outright called the 3DS version the main version. Its like the handheld poke'mon games compared to Poke'mon Stadium: Yes Stadium was on a console & obviously had better graphics, but no one would ever say it was the "main" game & the handhelds were the spinoffs.

SSB 3DS is where the single player content goes along with the possible character customization. SSB Wii U is pretty much just going to be the base game.

army man

Smash Ace
i don't know what to think, the game won't start production until october but it's always fun to imagine what it could be. well anyway, the fact is it's WAY too early to start coming up with conclusions so we need to sit tight and be patient until production starts

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
I'm just hoping that we will hear some news soon after they start. Like hopefully something at the start of 2012. Just to get us excited.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
So this may have been postulated already, but something I've really wanted out of a Smash style game was an RPG setting similar to the X-Men Legends series. This "customizability" could play into this kind of game play, allowing people to level up their characters on the 3DS and bring that into the WiiU. The play experience would be something fun and fresh, allowing multi-player or single-player work, but would stay true to, at the very least, the cross-over aspect of SSB.

There's some precedent of all this, too. Mario Tennis and Mario Golf both had GBC games that were roleplaying versions that would transfer characters over. It wouldn't be unheard of to have a similar functionality in relation to these and, if you really want your WiiU to be untampered with, then tournaments and casual play can just disallow use of customized characters. Having the option to do something doesn't mean you have to do it, after all, and too many options are always better than too few.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They remade it with better graphics, speed run stuff, boss run stuff, a few different dungeon arrangements, and kept most of the classic glitches and stuff.

Still, Nintendo constantly brings game back from the past, but most of the time they're busy pushing their many series into the future.

i see.... so do you guys think ssb3DS have the same characters or different.
I hope they'll have about 5 to 8 exclusive characters per game, and then make all the exclusive characters available at a latter date via DLC; kinda like what happened with Soul Calibur did with Yoda and Darth Vader, although this would be without said exclusive characters being broken as hell.

I also think different versions of characters will appear on different ones. IE: The original Sonic (a big shorter and slightly pudgy) on the 3DS, and current Sonic on the Wii U. Maybe have Path or Radiance Ike on the 3DS, and the elder Radiant Dawn Ike on the Wii U version. Or perhaps make both versions of both characters for both games. :grin:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Right here.

Sakurai/Iwata interview said:
Internal talk about creating a new Smash Bros. first started a bit after the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii in 2008. This was about the time Nintendo first asked Sakurai to make a 3DS game. Iwata realized that fans would want a new Smash Bros. for the 3DS, but he was unsure if it would be okay to ask Sakurai to make another Smash Bros. immediately following Brawl.
When Iwata first mentioned the development of Wii U to Sakurai, it seems that Sakurai immediately realized that they'd need to make Smash Bros. for both platforms. Iwata had actually intended to ask him if he'd like to make the game for 3DS or for Wii U.
The idea for a 3DS version came 1st. Whatever ideas Sakurai has for the overall game were meant for that version 1st & foremost.

What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone. He feels it could be nice if they can make the "personal" portable space and the stadium-like "public" console space mesh together.
Tell me that's not basically the same formula that Poke'mon RBY & Poke'mon Stadium used. & everyone whose played Stadium knows damn well its not a "main" game, its truly a spin-off of the handhelds.

The base concept is levelling characters on 3DS & having multiplayer matches with them on Wii U. Except its highly likely the 3DS will have multiplayer as well, rendering Wii U almost unnecessary.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I like how Nintendo is remaking their games. They're even planning on remaking Super Mario Sunshine.

I'm sure these remakes will pass eventually. New games like Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario 3DS, Mario Kart 7, etc. are brand spanking new.

Laserbeam

Smash Rookie
Mario Kart Double Dash is all ya need....and to stay on topic:

I don't understand about this levelling business. Will your speed and how hard you hit be determined by what you choose to level up? So can you import a Ness that isn't a standard Ness? I think tiny variations of that nature could ruin Smash Bros.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
don't worry the 3ds will get some amazing games, the 3ds is an amazing piece of hardware, and I finally got one yesterday for 100 bucks by trading in my ds to gamestop

army man

Smash Ace
don't worry the 3ds will get some amazing games, the 3ds is an amazing piece of hardware, and I finally got one yesterday for 100 bucks by trading in my ds to gamestop
lucky, i went night snorkeling in grand cayman and tried to pull out a camera to take a picture of a legit sized puffer, and guess what i pulled out instead? a DSi. EPIC FAIL:glare:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So my question is this: What characters do we honestly think will stick around this time? What characters won't make the cut from Brawl? Someone should make a list of what characters they think will stay.

Laserbeam

Smash Rookie
A lot of characters were because of a novelty that won't be there next game. A question like this is crazy subjective. Like....personally I see no reason for Wario to return. But I am sure a lot of people like using him or can even own with him. Just sort of...there... in my opinion. Nothing too impressive.

D

Deleted member

So my question is this: What characters do we honestly think will stick around this time? What characters won't make the cut from Brawl? Someone should make a list of what characters they think will stay.
Only ones I see leaving are Lucario, Toon Link, and Diddy Kong get replaced by a Diddy and Dixie Kong team.

Anyway, it seems as there's been a lot of discussion in regards to stages on the Wii-U thread. How do you think 3DS stages will be handled?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Am I the only one who doesn't want a diddy/dixie team? =/
Toise doesn't. I honestly don't care either way. People have opened me up to the idea of Dixie on her own. Well, I personally think Lucario, Sonic, Snake, and Toon Link are up for trades. But that's just me.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Toise doesn't. I honestly don't care either way. People have opened me up to the idea of Dixie on her own. Well, I personally think Lucario, Sonic, Snake, and Toon Link are up for trades. But that's just me.
I don't want a Team like that. I just think Diddy is fine by himself, even though I don't play as him. I just want to make sure Zelda is back, even though it's basically guaranteed.

I also REALLY hope that the Zelda incarnations are NOT based off of Skyward sword. I HATE Zelda's design. It just makes me want to wretch. I know that a Zelda for the Wii U was confirmed, so let's hope that one will be more maturely styled. I LOVED Twlight Princess incarnations. All of them were so badass. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't want a Team like that. I just think Diddy is fine by himself, even though I don't play as him. I just want to make sure Zelda is back, even though it's basically guaranteed.

I also REALLY hope that the Zelda incarnations are NOT based off of Skyward sword. I HATE Zelda's design. It just makes me want to wretch. I know that a Zelda for the Wii U was confirmed, so let's hope that one will be more maturely styled. I LOVED Twlight Princess incarnations. All of them were so badass. :)
Personally, I like the SS Zelda a lot. It's fresh. I was so tired of the same dress. I liked "Cloaked Zelda" from Twilight Princess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom