• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW RUMOR: Roster Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Okay, let's play on words here. What assists Ness' inclusion is that Bhildorf puts down "and Lucas". If, theoretically, Ness was out, he might have said, "but Lucas is similar". Another possibility is that Nate just over-uses the phrase "up until now" in many contexts.

However, I doubt they would mention Ness, and then not confirm him soon if he were in. But then again, they had pics of Metaknight long before he was revealed.

And then again, Ness was referenced in Lucas' first update...

**HEAD ASPLODES!**
That's really all that I'm trying to say. There's still so much secrecy surrounding the game that's we shouldn't be claiming who is confirmed or disconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

That's really all that I'm trying to say. There's still so much secrecy surrounding the game that's we shouldn't be claiming who is confirmed or disconfirmed.
Exactly right.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Could you provide a link to that? I'm fairly sure the guy is credible.
unfortunately the topic has been deleted, so I guess you'll have to take my word for it :/

...well actually this list was copied back on to gamefaqs (lol) just now and people are saying the same thing I said:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=39988900

Regardless the source, to be frank, sucks. It's from some obscure blog that doesn't even give their source. The guy who posted that on gamefaqs in the first place had no proof whatsoever of his claims, and admitted the whole thing was a ruse anyway.

To sum it up: this is FAKE

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I dunno what to make of this. It has all the most requested, but that's precisely the problem. It's like the guy's reading our minds. On the other hand, it's entirely plausible and likely very close to the final roster.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Jeez, this is pathetic. Why does this topic have nine pages?

The blog that this was posted on gives no citation to possible truth. Just like Buzz said, anybody could've just created an ideal list and posted it.

And there are plenty of parts of this list that prove it's full of crap.

Ness - We already know Ness is being replaced by Lucas.
Marth - Seriously, why do you think Metaknight and Ike are in Brawl?
The clones - There are no clones in Brawl.
Ridley - No. Just no. There is absolutely no way in hell. He's bigger than almost all of the stages in Brawl, for God's sake!
Olimar - The dude from Pikmin. Are you kidding?
Animal Crossing Villager - Look, it's one thing to include "a Pokemon Trainer", because the whole point of that character is the Pokemon themselves.

This isn't a rumour; this is a cheap attempt at stirring attention.
Prepare to be pissed, because everyone you just ranted on, except for Marth, will most likely be in Brawl.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ness alone screams out fake.

Has anyone else been here long enough to remember this Nintendrone blog entry?

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/

I'm not buying it, but I suppose it should stay open for new threads that'll surely pop up to be redirected to.
o man i remember that. i dont trust nintendrone at all (or any other sites that post info that isnt confirmed officially). a lot of the info in the thread u linked to is wrong, but oddly enough nothing in his brawl part has been confirmed wrong... sorta. the closest thing to him being wrong is him saying the original cast wont be cut, and were like 95% sure ness is cut. as for him saying on track this year, it was. everyone knew and thought it was.

but yea, his character list? completely fake

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
everyone relax! I'm pretty sure all of the rumors we'll hear will be fake. That being said, i still think this one is pretty accurate, although i definitely expect some more surprises. Sakurai is certainly good with surprises. I also want to see claus, lucario, and midna.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

The blog that this was posted on gives no citation to possible truth. Just like Buzz said, anybody could've just created an ideal list and posted it.

Ridley - No. Just no. There is absolutely no way in hell. He's bigger than almost all of the stages in Brawl, for God's sake!
Animal Crossing Villager - Look, it's one thing to include "a Pokemon Trainer", because the whole point of that character is the Pokemon themselves.

Lucas sisn't technically replace Ness or Lucas would play EXACTLY like him.
Meta Knight and Ike play nothing like Marth did
Not all the clones but some (namely Marth Ganondorf and Falco) will return.
Ridley isn't gonna be bigger than the courses, they don't use Samus's Metroid Prime version so why'd they use Ridley's from that game, also if you watch the opener for Melee Ridley' is barely any bigger than Samus.
Olimer is perfect for Brawl.
Same with the Animal Crosser.

Cless

Smash Champion

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Marth, the clones, and Ridley. Marth is Fire Emblem, clone movesets can be changed, and Ridley can be resized.

Oh man, you're so ignorant it sickens me. Have you ever seen Bowser in his games? He's a big'n. Have you seen Ridley in the original games, or the opening movie in Melee? Probably not, so hush now.

D

Deleted member

Lucas sisn't technically replace Ness or Lucas would play EXACTLY like him.
Meta Knight and Ike play nothing like Marth did
Not all the clones but some (namely Marth Ganondorf and Falco) will return.
Ridley isn't gonna be bigger than the courses, they don't use Samus's Metroid Prime version so why'd they use Ridley's from that game, also if you watch the opener for Melee Ridley' is barely any bigger than Samus.
Olimer is perfect for Brawl.
Same with the Animal Crosser.
I agree with this guy.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Why is everyone still posting here when it was made clear a few pages ago that the guy himself admitted it was fake

Sure we havn't had much proof but theres a line between speculation and naivety >_>
this could very well be the complete roster, however confirmation count = 0

Ps. Regal why would Sakurai give Lucas all of Ness' moves exactly the same that's the worst assumption for Ness' return i've ever heard.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It doesn't include the old handicap mode, he says he changed the system.

That's the handicap slection mode.

If you want to use the percentage based mode after turning handicap on you choose the button that says "0" and pick the percentage.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
marth is a shoe in becuase hes going to be in a game soon and hes the face of fire emblem and marth isnt a clone roy is a clone of marth ridley can be resized and clone veterans can be changed remember the only reason ganon falco and y.link are cones is because of time constraints

Luigi player

Smash Master
"If you want to use the percentage based mode after turning handicap on you choose the button that says "None" and pick the percentage."

What? The place where "none" stands is the next place of a character >_>

plasman

Smash Apprentice
This list is blah. Others have already spoken as to why this list is likely fake so I'm going to a correction I've been wanting to make since page 4.

...You can actually see Zelda start to transform in one of the SSE vids. She's back.
She's not transforming, that would be her teleport. Explaining her disappearance and sudden reappearance beside Mario and Kirby. On top of, y'know, her not transforming afterwards.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Saying this list is fake because clones are disconfirmed is a contradiction. Why?

BECAUSE THE SAME SITE THAT POSTED THIS LIST IS THE SITE THAT SAID CLONES WERE GONE! CHECK YOUR FACTS!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
This list is blah. Others have already spoken as to why this list is likely fake so I'm going to a correction I've been wanting to make since page 4.

She's not transforming, that would be her teleport. Explaining her disappearance and sudden reappearance beside Mario and Kirby. On top of, y'know, her not transforming afterwards.
Yeah anyone could recognize that.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's changed, OK? Unless you can't prove that the handicaps still can make you weaker and not just add to your damage meter, there's no point in you to keep on replying.
Only there is. Even if I am completely wrong it still stands that handicap mode is in the game. Even if you completely disregard this (assuming we only have the new mode) you can still find other sections of the site that use the same awkward wording.

'Until now combos were done by tapping A...that won't change'.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
It's changed, OK? Unless you can't prove that the handicaps still can make you weaker and not just add to your damage meter, there's no point in you to keep on replying.
Unless you prove that the handicaps don't still make you weaker without adding percentage, then your reply is as meaningless as his (far more meaningless, actually, since he brings up a valid point. Turning on handicaps with all percentages at '0' must have some effect, yes?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom