• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW RUMOR: Roster Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Fake screen shots at least take effort and make speculation more interesting. Raw text rumors are completely lame without any names or specifics behind them. It's like me posting in my blog: "I just heard this rumor. Here is the supposed roster: ..." No one would have any way to verify its credibility. I could just lie and say, "Yeah, some guy at NoA leaked this." However, as usual, no one would have anything to prove me wrong since my source is so vague.

The burden of proof rests on the shoulders of the person presenting the rumor. It is not the community's job to "believe it or not" or "prove it isn't real". These rumors are completely bogus and a waste of time. There ought to be one stickied thread called "Various Brawl Rumors/Leaks". Remember the thread Scav created for the dozens of rumored release dates? We need one of those for these kind of things. It is really stupid how a new thread pops up periodically with "new" information that has no proof at all.

D

Deleted member

My Uncle's, Cousin's, best friend's girlfriend's room mate says Ness isn't in Brawl... I know this is true, and if you don't want to believe me thats your loss...
Do you live in Redmond, WA? Because I do, why don't I meet up with them so we can chat about Brawl?

D

Deleted member

Fake screen shots at least take effort and make speculation more interesting. Raw text rumors are completely lame without any names or specifics behind them. It's like me posting in my blog: "I just heard this rumor. Here is the supposed roster: ..." No one would have any way to verify its credibility. I could just lie and say, "Yeah, some guy at NoA leaked this." However, as usual, no one would have anything to prove me wrong since my source is so vague.

The burden of proof rests on the shoulders of the person presenting the rumor. It is not the community's job to "believe it or not" or "prove it isn't real". These rumors are completely bogus and a waste of time. There ought to be one stickied thread called "Various Brawl Rumors/Leaks". Remember the thread Scav created for the dozens of rumored release dates? We need one of those for these kind of things. It is really stupid how a new thread pops up periodically with "new" information that has no proof at all.
If I wanted attention I would have created my own thread or fake blog about it. I wouldn't just casually post it in this thread like I did. I'm sorry but I don't think that person wants to risk their job trying to smuggle out screen shots for an ungrateful community. Get real buddy. If you don't believe me that's fine, I don't care. But shut up about it if you don't believe me and stop wasting your time talking about it.

I reserve the bragging rights when Ness is confirmed. Though I doubt he will be on the Dojo.

Anyway, I really don't see any reason to remove him. He's not a clone, and he's one of the original 12.

D

Deleted member

Then why does your location say California? >_>
I just moved to WA a few months ago and I hate it here so I'm moving back to CA where I've lived my whole life. I still have my CA drivers license even so you can imagine how lazy I am about changing stuff.

I can take a picture with my cell phone camera of the Seattle Art Museum right outside my office window if you would like. :)

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Opinions opinions opinions opinions

it is human nature, they like to think differently.
This thread is turning into the same thing the Ness support thread did, though- open hostility towards anyone who interpreted the "up until now" thing differently. No, Ness' chances of coming back aren't good, but he DOES have a chance.

Look at it this way: if you're one of the people who is saying "Ness may come back; his chances aren't good, but he may come back", then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. Whatever, life is full of disappointments. But if you are one of the people saying "Ness 100% won't be back, Sakurai said so himself" and he does come back, you're setting yourself up to look like a giant idiot. (I guess life is full of idiots too, though :psycho:)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's a play on misinterpretations. People interpreted it as in only having one Final Smash per match because of the wording on Smash DOJO, but we found out otherwise.
I can't believe I'm about to say this as I don't want to add any fuel to the fire but...

blayde_axel is right, we have had misinterpretations before. itis entirely possible Ness isn't in the game but we really don't know until we have the full roster.

dojo said:
There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.
dojo said:
So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.
Incase you didn't know handicap mode is still in the game.

edit: I believe that the person who started this rumor already confirmed it was fake.

D

Deleted member

The handicap thing was what I was thinking of but I couldn't remember it, nice post.

So I guess by that logic handicaps are out even though we saw the post that says they're in. Nice logic guys.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If I wanted attention I would have created my own thread or fake blog about it. I wouldn't just casually post it in this thread like I did. I'm sorry but I don't think that person wants to risk their job trying to smuggle out screen shots for an ungrateful community. Get real buddy. If you don't believe me that's fine, I don't care. But shut up about it if you don't believe me and stop wasting your time talking about it.
First off, I don't believe my post was directed at you, so I'm not sure why you are flaming me about it. Second, you are exerting another typical n00b behavior: "Only people who believe me should speak. All disbelievers should GTFO!" Is this not a forum? I can post whatever I want as long as it is relevant to the topic, so you're just gonna have to suck it up, my friend. So no, I don't believe you, and I feel no shame coming in here and announcing it, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. Sorry. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just moved to WA a few months ago and I hate it here so I'm moving back to CA where I've lived my whole life. I still have my CA drivers license even so you can imagine how lazy I am about changing stuff.

I can take a picture with my cell phone camera of the Seattle Art Museum right outside my office window if you would like. :)
Redmond is a pretty long drive from Seattle...

Edit: Oh hey, it's only a 21 min drive!?!!?? ****it, I always friggin go the long way then...

D

Deleted member

First off, I don't believe my post was directed at you, so I'm not sure why you are flaming me about it. Second, you are exerting another typical n00b behavior: "Only people who believe me should speak. All disbelievers should GTFO!" Is this not a forum? I can post whatever I want as long as it is relevant to the topic, so you're just gonna have to suck it up, my friend. So no, I don't believe you, and I feel no shame coming in here and announcing it, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. Sorry. :)
If you want to waste your time like that feel free. When you unlock Ness just remember me and what a tool you are.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sweet post there, Buzz. Just like I would expect from you and your seemingly long lost brother, MookieRah. :laugh: Well, I don't believe in the roster either since the moment I saw blog, I had a feeling that the rumor was quite baseless.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
People are apparently forgetting this one, too:

dojo said:
Up until now, standard combos, or button-press combos, were done primarily by tapping the attack button repeatedly.

That won’t change in Brawl, ...

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I can't believe I'm about to say this as I don't want to add any fuel to the fire but...

blayde_axel is right, we have had misinterpretations before. itis entirely possible Ness isn't in the game but we really don't know until we have the full roster.

edit: The person who started this rumor already confirmed it was fake.
Okay, let's play on words here. What assists Ness' inclusion is that Bhildorf puts down "and Lucas". If, theoretically, Ness was out, he might have said, "but Lucas is similar". Another possibility is that Nate just over-uses the phrase "up until now" in many contexts.

However, I doubt they would mention Ness, and then not confirm him soon if he were in. But then again, they had pics of Metaknight long before he was revealed.

And then again, Ness was referenced in Lucas' first update...

**HEAD ASPLODES!**

D

Deleted member

Okay, let's play on words here. What assists Ness' inclusion is that Bhildorf puts down "and Lucas". If, theoretically, Ness was out, he might have said, "but Lucas is similar". Another possibility is that Nate just over-uses the phrase "up until now" in many contexts.

However, I doubt they would mention Ness, and then not confirm him soon if he were in. But then again, they had pics of Metaknight long before he was revealed.

And then again, Ness was referenced in Lucas' first update...

**HEAD ASPLODES!**
Yeah my head just exploded after reading that too. :urg:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Fake or not 40+ is better then I was expecting.

& RIDLEY!!!!!!!!!!! :psycho:

I call total BS. While I like the characters they show, there's a severe shortage of Fire Emblem characters, no additional Pokémon characters and somehow Ness is back from the dead.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Maybe they aren't gonna confirm him before the game comes out so that when someone unlocks them they "OMGHAX!" and i'll be :D

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
wow. everyone seems to hate AC villager..

anyone ever read the article of the producer talking about "how he designed the brawl level"
and."how the character will use alot of familiar AC items" ?

gawd.

lurk more.

i like this list,
i hate the fact bomberman IS NOT in it though..

its enough i suppose...

Boofer

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people get a kick out of making fake things like this. Are they just bored?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
wow. everyone seems to hate AC villager..

when they really ARE in it.

anyone ever read the article of the producer talking about "how he designed the brawl level"
and."how the character will use alot of familiar AC items" ?

gawd.

lurk more.

i like this list,
i hate the fact bomberman IS NOT in it though..

its enough i suppose...
I'd love if the Human Animal Crosser is in brawl.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Some characters on that list I'm impartial about (Geno, K.Rool, others), but since Olimar, Isaac, and AC villager are in, I'm rooting for it.

D

Deleted member

Just play Link and only use his bombs...bam...Bomberman.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, this is pathetic. Why does this topic have nine pages?

The blog that this was posted on gives no citation to possible truth. Just like Buzz said, anybody could've just created an ideal list and posted it.

And there are plenty of parts of this list that prove it's full of crap.

Ness - We already know Ness is being replaced by Lucas.
Marth - Seriously, why do you think Metaknight and Ike are in Brawl?
The clones - There are no clones in Brawl.
Ridley - No. Just no. There is absolutely no way in hell. He's bigger than almost all of the stages in Brawl, for God's sake!
Olimar - The dude from Pikmin. Are you kidding?
Animal Crossing Villager - Look, it's one thing to include "a Pokemon Trainer", because the whole point of that character is the Pokemon themselves.

This isn't a rumour; this is a cheap attempt at stirring attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom