• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW RUMOR: Roster Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
The icon argument isn't really legitimate. The DS has an icon, and all the ideas for one have been totally preposterous.

Thank you for that Fawriel. I was looking for it.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Then why does it already have it's own icon?
(like the icons that appear behind health percentages)

To me this roster looks quite believable... nothing too weird, but still plenty of characters that appeal to the fans (isaac, megaman anyone?)

Personally, I would be very very happy with this roster, but let's just wait and see. :)
This list would be great but it is missing Claus, Takamaru, Sukapon, Macaiah, and Lucario.

vesperview

Smash Hero
everybody needs to look at it from a non-smashboarder view, characters on there such as geno, ridley, K. Rool etc. would definaetly be unexpected by casual smashers

although its fake, fake fake fake fake fake.....

fake
K. Rool wouldn't be unexpected unless you know absolutely nothing of the DK series, neither is Ridley if you have played Metroid.

Boofer

Smash Ace
The icon argument isn't really legitimate. The DS has an icon, and all the ideas for one have been totally preposterous.

Thank you for that Fawriel. I was looking for it.
This is true, but the icon can at least say that someone from animal crossing is a possibility. But it is not set in stone.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't necessarily disbelieve the list, but predictability is, imo, one of the things against it. Have you forgotten all of the characters from Melee that nobody would have expected? Game & Watch, Pichu, Ice Climbers? Or the Brawl characters that we wouldn't have predicted: Pit, ZSS, Pokemon Trainer?
The funny part is pit, zss and pokemon trainer were all thought of and wanted by some, especially pit. this was before the trailers as well.

Seeing them in fueled so much speculation that nowadays there is no character untouched. I may be surprised at some inclusions but in the end it is nothing i or anyone else have not seen or heard of.

In melee it was a different ball game, we have rules and theories now that were never thought of for melee. Third party, Japanese characters, Villians, Females and WTF characters are all rules created by us and used constantly to debate people that there is no stone left unturned. There is no way anyone is getting in that someone already has not predicted.

To me now the WTF characters are Geno and Ness which really are not WTF at all. That will happen with anyone. Chibi Robo, Ashley, Mona, Cronos, Sora, Sukapon, Captain N,Wart, you name it they have all been mentioned. You really want WTF add in the smash symbol as a character.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Ahem.

Attention, please?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104043

Here's an old thread about a Nintendrone interview.
Note how it's the same blog that this information is from.
Do also note that the thread ends in the conclusion that the blog LIES.

Thank you for your attention.
Huh...Now that I read it again, most of that stuff has come true, except the release date. Then again, those were very ambiguous.

And yeah, I'm not 100% clinging to this roster, I was just saying if it ends up being real I would not complain. WTF characters are cool and all, but I know I wouldn't want to see Captain N instead of Isaac or Olimar just for the "wow" factor. Going with fan faves seems pretty smart to me.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
To me now the WTF characters are Geno and Ness which really are not WTF at all. That will happen with anyone. Chibi Robo, Ashley, Mona, Cronos, Sora, Sukapon, Captain N,Wart, you name it they have all been mentioned. You really want WTF add in the smash symbol as a character.
Who is Captain N?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I agree, this does seem a little bit like it's there to please everybody.

If he gives us more information that's true, like Snake's Final Smash, or some unseen as of yet Character's one, then I'll believe him.

SonicTheHedgehog

Smash Rookie
Guys, please stop it. It's fake. And this is coming from the person who created it. My topic was deleted on Gamefaqs by a moderator (Notified: Top) for "legal issues." Unfortunately I couldn't save it as proof, I was actually hoping it was going to be deleted. Never realized it leaked out so quickly.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I kinda want to lock this, because I know its fake. How do I know? The roster is too obvious. There isn't a single "wow" character, which we all know Sakurai likes to do. Other than Pokemon Trainer, everything there has been predicted multiple times since Brawl was announced.

In short: That roster is teh suck.
the panda has spoken.

Guys, please stop it. It's fake. And this is coming from the person who created it. My topic was deleted on Gamefaqs by a moderator (Notified: Top) for "legal issues." Unfortunately I couldn't save it as proof, I was actually hoping it was going to be deleted. Never realized it leaked out so quickly.
And the creator has spoken too. this list is BS. lock please.

SonicTheHedgehog

Smash Rookie
This was my "dream list", basically what I WANTED to see in Brawl. Apparently people liked it as it set out faster than forest fire, even though I admitted it being fake before it was modded.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This was my "dream list", basically what I WANTED to see in Brawl. Apparently people liked it as it set out faster than forest fire, even though I admitted it being fake before it was modded.
hmm. It truely is amazing how brawl hype and gamefaqs can make a simple fake rumor made by one man into a big deal.
better lock this quick mods. don't want it to spread anymore.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Hmm, now that I think about it, I did save the original text from the first post from that G-Faqs topic on my Firefox clippings but I deleted it once it was revealed as a fake. I knew I should have saved it...

NjHudz

Smash Apprentice
In some place between Hyrule and Mushroom Kingdom
fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fakefake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake fake..............FAKE.

finalark

SNORLAX
Then why does it already have it's own icon?
(like the icons that appear behind health percentages)

To me this roster looks quite believable... nothing too weird, but still plenty of characters that appeal to the fans (isaac, megaman anyone?)

Personally, I would be very very happy with this roster, but let's just wait and see. :)
Come on, the roster has Ness in it. And he was confirmed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom