• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW RUMOR: Roster Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Lucas says hi. So you're saying that Jigglypuff isn't going to return, but some other baloon-like pokemon with some similarities to Jiggs will replace her?

But really though, I'd bet money that Jigglypuff is going to be in. I would also prefer a "cooler" pokemon, but face it, Jigglypuff is basically a smash icon now.
BALOOON! BALOON!
DRIFTLOON CONFIRMED!

if tom nook can come from the background so can he. He so totally beats jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is crap.

If you think this is a joke. NO its not, i mean look at my avatar .

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
That is the lamest excuse to not remove a character, a character should stay because it has relevance, not because it has an "original" moveset.
So removing it because its not relevant is a better excuse?

I'm sure if i went up to 100 people and asked them "do you know who Pit is?" 99 of them would say "no.."

The same would be differnt if i asked if they knew who jigglypuff is..

Personally i think Moveset > Character... Thats why there probably won't be any clones in Brawl

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just because YOU don't understand what i'm saying, doesn't mean that my point makes no sense...

If the world went with that logic, then we wouldn't get anywhere...
Haha, I admit, the way I worded it, I made no sense.
I just wasn't sure what you were trying to say, because I think you meant to say that Jigglypuff has an original moveset, but made it unclear by adding a question mark, which would usually mean that you're implying that she doesn't, which... I actually agree with, because aside from Rest and Rollout, she has all the strengths that should really be given to Kirby.

... basically my point was that you should only pose a rhetorical question when it's actually rhetorical. :p

vesperview

Smash Hero

I'm sure if i went up to 100 people and asked them "do you know who Pit is?" 99 of them would say "no.."

Personally i think Moveset > Character... Thats why there probably won't be any clones in Brawl
Here we go again with the retro comparison.

Retros =/= big franchises with newer games in every new console

I'm not against Jigglypuff, in fact I think she was leaked through an interview, but please find better arguments than moveset, characters like Sheik, Ness or Jigglypuff, don't play any part in their franchises anymore, it wouldn't be such a shock if they got cut.

Stryks

Smash Hero

U HAVE to be kidding me:
a character will be/stay in brawl because hes has an importance in his series, and is popular and not because of the moveset, I mean look at dedede, a jet hammer, an yoshi bomber like upb, takes out waddle dees like pach's down b, and so on, I mean seriously...

Look at ALL the characters so far:
are they popular? yes
are they important in the game they come from? yes...

there u go...

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
And if Johnny-Prima-employee found out all the characters, why wouldn't he know all the Assist trophies and stages and Final smashes and what not?

I really doubt this list, its like they just went to the poll and took all the characters off that. I think Sakurai has another surprise coming, much like the Pokemon Trainer.

But as far as K Rool and Ridley goes, here's to hoping.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
And if Johnny-Prima-employee found out all the characters, why wouldn't he know all the Assist trophies and stages and Final smashes and what not?

I really doubt this list, its like they just went to the poll and took all the characters off that. I think Sakurai has another surprise coming, much like the Pokemon Trainer.

But as far as K Rool and Ridley goes, here's to hoping.
Exactly. I'm sure he'd leaked more things.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
K. Rool killed it...

You crazy! K. Rool and Geno saved it. But I'm not posting to attack you on your own opinion, anyway if this is true then I'm a little pi$$ed of to see F***ing WW Link, Animal Crosser. Plus I thought Ness was replaced? But other then that the roster gets a B+

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Here we go again with the retro comparison.

Retros =/= big franchises with newer games in every new console

I'm not against Jigglypuff, in fact I think she was leaked through an interview, but please find better arguments than moveset, characters like Sheik, Ness or Jigglypuff, don't play any part in their franchises anymore, it wouldn't be such a shock if they got cut.
I think they would all be surpising if they were removed..

Did you remember how pissed people were when the Lucas moveset was announced?

Pure shock and Awe...

Sheik is very popular, and they could just change Her by making her "shrouded zelda" Like she was for a while in TP, or give the moveset to a completely new character...

But what character can you give Jigglypuff's moveset to?

Replacing a popular character with a character almost noone knows about isn't really the smartest move.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think they would all be surpising if they were removed..

Did you remember how pissed people were when the Lucas moveset was announced?

Pure shock and Awe...

Sheik is very popular, and they could just change Her by making her "shrouded zelda" Like she was for a while in TP, or give the moveset to a completely new character...

But what character can you give Jigglypuff's moveset to?

Replacing a popular character with a character almost noone knows about isn't really the smartest move.
Exactly what character could they give Sheik's moveset to? Again, they don't cut characters because they found a new character to give their moveset to, please.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Wow

First off i want to say, i don't think the list is true mainly because i only believe in official sources.

All of you saying this list isn't true because it's too predicted are just plain stupid. What the hell do you think predictions are for. They are meant to give insight to a likely outcome. When you see a roster that is close to what the MAJORITY have predicted you should be like "wow we are really good at predicting the roster". It's amazing that people are still looking for WTF characters when anyone from Captain N to Gardoiver would not surprise me after being on these forums.

No one knows who else is in or not because most evidence is baseless.

All of you saying the character list is fake because x character isn't in need to get over yourselves. Your predictions were just wrong. better luck next time.

If this list is accurate i will laugh whole heartidly.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
U HAVE to be kidding me:
a character will be/stay in brawl because hes has an importance in his series, and is popular and not because of the moveset, I mean look at dedede, a jet hammer, an yoshi bomber like upb, takes out waddle dees like pach's down b, and so on, I mean seriously...

Look at ALL the characters so far:
are they popular? yes
are they important in the game they come from? yes...

there u go...
uhh..

Popular is a very general word.. Depends on your perspective..

Pit?

Ike?

Meta-Knight even..

Most people outside of these boards have no idea who they are..

Boofer

Smash Ace
I see what you're saying, but who's to say he doesn't know this? Everybody knows that the biggest part of smash is the characters, so i'm guessing this is what most people would leak.

Now this is why I doubt it, personally. It seems impossible for Sakurai to NOT include anymore curveball characters. Everything is far too expected, but I'm not dismissing the list just yet.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
You can't totally doubt this list i mean they're all most likely to get in, and others not on the list will get in as well.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
uhh..

Pit?

Ike?

Meta-Knight even..

Very good point.
I had no idea who Captain Falcon and Ness were until I played a Smash Bros. game...

vesperview

Smash Hero
uhh..

Pit?

Ike?

Meta-Knight even..

Again, Pit is retro he doesn't count, Ike is very popular and so is Meta Knight, only because some people don't know them outside these boards doesn't mean they're not popular.

Soo..

we're in agreement? lol
So?

No, Ness is getting the boot not only because of Lucas's moveset but because he is fairly irrelevant to the Mother series, my guess is that so will Sheik, but we'll see on that one.

Boofer

Smash Ace
First off i want to say, i don't think the list is true mainly because i only believe in official sources.

All of you saying this list isn't true because it's too predicted are just plain stupid. What the hell do you think predictions are for. They are meant to give insight to a likely outcome. When you see a roster that is close to what the MAJORITY have predicted you should be like "wow we are really good at predicting the roster". It's amazing that people are still looking for WTF characters when anyone from Captain N to Gardoiver would not surprise me after being on these forums.

No one knows who else is in or not because most evidence is baseless.

All of you saying the character list is fake because x character isn't in need to get over yourselves. Your predictions were just wrong. better luck next time.

If this list is accurate i will laugh whole heartidly.
Well, I don't necessarily disbelieve the list, but predictability is, imo, one of the things against it. Have you forgotten all of the characters from Melee that nobody would have expected? Game & Watch, Pichu, Ice Climbers? Or the Brawl characters that we wouldn't have predicted: Pit, ZSS, Pokemon Trainer?

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, he's got a point. Why only leak the character roster when you can leak everything?

It just goes to show you that the morons that make this stuff up don't think very thoroughly before doing it.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The only other character I'd want that isn't on it is Bomberman.

And will people PLEASE stop b*tching about "oh, that character sux, lol". It's all about opinion.
I want me some of that decloned Young Link.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't believe this, Ness was confirmed as out of Brawl. There is no way this is correct.

Or It could have been leaked before they choose to boot Ness out.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd. Animal Crossing won't have a character.
Then why does it already have it's own icon?
(like the icons that appear behind health percentages)

To me this roster looks quite believable... nothing too weird, but still plenty of characters that appeal to the fans (isaac, megaman anyone?)

Personally, I would be very very happy with this roster, but let's just wait and see. :)

Frogla

Smash Ace
Then why does it already have it's own icon?
(like the icons that appear behind health percentages)

To me this roster looks quite believable... nothing too weird, but still plenty of characters that appeal to the fans (isaac, megaman anyone?)

Personally, I would be very very happy with this roster, but let's just wait and see. :)
Ds has a icon. Which wont have a charachter

maxieman

Smash Ace
everybody needs to look at it from a non-smashboarder view, characters on there such as geno, ridley, K. Rool etc. would definaetly be unexpected by casual smashers

although its fake, fake fake fake fake fake.....

fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom