• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW RUMOR: Roster Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac

you gotta be kidding me.. does he expect someone to believe that?

oh yea, I work for nintendo people, and I'm sakurai's butler, he's gonna put homer simpson in brawl.. yea..

Wow someone hasn't been here long.

Surely this is a joke post, Right?

RIGHT?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I hope that the characters on this list are in the game but that there are other characters as well like Claus,Mona, Sami and Macaiah.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
oh please, if there was an unexpected character on that roster, then you would argue that that character would never get in. People like you will never be happy. and isnt Ness an unexpected character?

Sakurai even said that Brawl was for the fans, so why are you so surprized that this list contains several popular choices.

While i dont think its right to totally accept this list, i think its equally bad to just downright bash it! I say we should just wait and see.
QFT squared. You beat me to the punch.

Say Takamaru was in and this guy put him in the roster. This thread would be full of "OMFG Takamaru izn't in Brawl, lawlz, n00b!1". The only reason this list seems like all shoe-ins is because we've debated every possible character to death for over a year on these boards, and we already know who is likely. Geno, Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, and AC are going to surprise a LOT of people, just not us, because we've beaten these horses to death, resurrected them, and beat them to death again.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I can see Takamaru being in, and this games weird character addition will be Sukapon...most likely.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
oh please, if there was an unexpected character on that roster, then you would argue that that character would never get in. People like you will never be happy. and isnt Ness an unexpected character?

Sakurai even said that Brawl was for the fans, so why are you so surprized that this list contains several popular choices.

While i dont think its right to totally accept this list, i think its equally bad to just downright bash it! I say we should just wait and see.
Several popular choices? It basically contains all of them! You think the whole entire roster is going to be filled with ones that only fans wanted and Sakurai wont add any of his own? :laugh:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I agree, Geno would be pretty unexpected to a lot of people outside these boards who don't know anything about Sakurai's poll or haven't been to the Geno thread.
QFT. I had no idea who Geno was until I visited this forum.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
whats wrong with you, k rool would be a great addition, unlike wind waker link whos a clone with cel art or megaman who hasnt had a good game out since the nes days.

but yea. this doesnt seem to legit.
Sonic hasnt had a good game in ages.. so thats kind of a weak excuse...

Wind waker would be amazing

K rool would be lame in my opinion, but i wouldnt complain if he's in.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Several popular choices? It basically contains all of them! You think the whole entire roster is going to be filled with ones that only fans wanted and Sakurai wont add any of his own? :laugh:
Well Brawl is a fanservice so it's quite likely.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, and Pit say hi.

So he revealed his own guys early and saved the big announcements(Ridley) for last. It's called Marketing.

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
i like the list, happy to see some new additions and returning characters, sucks its only a rumor. but there are something i don't get. why just a Animal Crossing Villager? why not Tom Nook or whtever (sry, dont play the games). and i was suprised that there was not a pokemonm playable character from the 3rd or 4th generation in the mix. i would love to see Lucario or Blaziken in there (hello, both fighting types, and this is a fighting game).

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be Tom Nook as he's in the background.

Also Lucario would be cool, Blaziken wouldn't.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I bet the original poster removed all of his support badges from his signature just before posting, because that's what the roster looks like. Had me going untill K Rool.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I kinda want to lock this, because I know its fake. How do I know? The roster is too obvious. There isn't a single "wow" character, which we all know Sakurai likes to do. Other than Pokemon Trainer, everything there has been predicted multiple times since Brawl was announced.

In short: That roster is teh suck.

Smash Ace
They confirmed it [animal crosser] a while ago.
Ummm... what? No, they most certainly have not.

EDIT: You know, SamuraiPanda, it's not too late to lock this. Come on, say this: "I just locked your thread. How badass is that?"

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
I'm not doubting any of those are going to be in the game, I'm saying that there is most likely (and hopefully) going to be some characters that will be on there that are rarely mentioned among these forums that no one will ever expect.
you mean like Pokemon trainer, pit, and sheik. And now that mostly everyone on the board thinks that Ness is a gonner, what would be more surprising than his return?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
The Animal Crosser has 95% chance of making it in the game.
that's an interesting statistic that you just pulled out of your ***.

but Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Geno, Ridley, and K. Rool? i'd be on board with this roster if that were the case. the lack of Lucario and the addition of ACV doesn't make any sense though, which is why i don't believe it is true.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I kinda want to lock this, because I know its fake. How do I know? The roster is too obvious. There isn't a single "wow" character, which we all know Sakurai likes to do. Other than Pokemon Trainer, everything there has been predicted multiple times since Brawl was announced.

In short: That roster is teh suck.
I have to agree with you on the wow aspect. I would like one or two added wow characters on the roster. I have to defend it because it has my top 4 requested characters (Y.Link, AC Villager, Isaac and Olimar).

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm not doubting any of those are going to be in the game, I'm saying that there is most likely (and hopefully) going to be some characters that will be on there that are rarely mentioned among these forums that no one will ever expect.
Maybe'll we'll just have to see now won't we?

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
you mean like Pokemon trainer, pit, and sheik. And now that mostly everyone on the board thinks that Ness is a gonner, what would be more surprising than his return?
Ness would actually surprise me. I'd love to see him back. But I wanna see some playable characters that will be totally "Wtf?" I mean, Ness has been in the previous games so he wouldn't be a totally jaw-dropping character ya know?

Wilfio

Smash Rookie
exactly right.

to me this just looks like someone has gone and found all the most popular rumours and put them in a list. i'm sure there will be some crazy retro newcomers that will be almost completely unknown except to the oldschool gamers (like G&W, marth/roy, ness, ice climbers etc etc were in melee)

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
It's hard not to consider it maybe being true...but with addition of ness on there it kind seem like bull**** to me. I wouldn't be dissapointed at all considering all my top wants for brawl are on there (Geno, Olimar, Ridley Isacc)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'm interested on how Youko and SmauraiPanda will take this on Show Ya Moves.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with you on the wow aspect. I would like one or two added wow characters on the roster. I have to defend it because it has my top 4 requested characters (Y.Link, AC Villager, Isaac and Olimar).
EXACTLY! your top 4 are in. Sakurai said that Brawl was for the fans!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I kinda want to lock this, because I know its fake.
Go ahead.

Seriously... why does everyone not like K. Rool? He's Donkey Kong's main villain! (In the games that matter, at least.)
He's not original.

Jiggs has an original moveset?
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but that alone should tell you that whatever point you are trying to make makes no sense.

They confirmed it a while ago.
I think you are referring to a rumor. That was proven to be fake. It's fake, by the way.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Everybody listen to the blade-wielding panda.

There are no characters that would actually surprise anyone on that list. If any of those "newcomers" were revealed, people would just go "ah sweet. Glad s/he's in" and not "HOLY **** WTF OMG SWEET THIS IS AWESOME!" which Sakurai likes to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom