• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW RUMOR: Roster Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
K.Rool is a good addition and makes perfect sense. It creates a third representative from DK's series.
Animal Crossing Villager is kinda generic and unbelievable, but then again... so is Pokemon Trainer.
I was kind of hoping that Young Link would be cut... but whatever.

If this is a real leak, then I think Smash is pretty much complete and will keep us well entertained for MANY MANY years.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Shiek and Zamus don't count as actual roster characters on the main screen. I want evidence, is it fake or real?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
For me, it's a fake roster.

It's to similar to the rosters in the Character Discussion.
There aren't any surprising things in this roster.

At least there should be more than one character, nobody expected.
Like the PT. It's impossible, the PT would be the only character, nobody has expected.

Meta

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Neat idea, reasonable too, but I see Ridley as a boss and I have doubts about Isaac. Just sounds like stiring things up or wishfull thinking. Though updates on Dojo have been bland so it's good to have something to talk about.

Ness and not Claus? Would be lame and as of yet seems unlikely.

Animal Crosser? What? Net attack? Fishing pole attack?

Geno has always seemed unlikely to me. Old, unknown.

Sheik bothers me most of all though, why would Sheik be in Brawl? I hope she isn't for thematic reasons.
That's like... all wrong.

Claus? What evidence is there that he will be in Brawl?

I believe the AC fighter was unofficially.

One of the most requested, also

You can actually see Zelda start to transform in one of the SSE vids. She's back.

Ness and not Claus? Would be lame and as of yet seems unlikely.

Animal Crosser? What? Net attack? Fishing pole attack?

Geno has always seemed unlikely to me. Old, unknown.

Sheik bothers me most of all though, why would Sheik be in Brawl? I hope she isn't for thematic reasons.

Claus? What evidence is there that he will be in Brawl over Ness?

You can actually see Zelda start to transform in one of the SSE vids. She's back.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
The fact that Geno is on this roster actually makes it highly doubtful this is real. As well as a few other characters actually. Probably fake.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no way not true. and saying the blog is a good source? all they post is false stuff and rumors. the list dosnt seem realistic enough for me...

riddley? k rool? those would both be bosses if they were in it. and i still think they would put in 2 more third party charas, not just one more.

BigTru

Smash Rookie
The creator of the rumor confirmed it was fake in the exact same topic he posted it in.
Never trust anything on GameFAQs without a confirmation link.

maxieman

Smash Ace

Claus? What evidence is there that he will be in Brawl over Ness?

I call shenanigens

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The list seems feasable, thats actually the reason we should be suspicious of it, in my opinion. Though I would definitely love this roster to death, its unwillingness to take any REALLY farfetched ideas is what makes it suspicious (this is what its like to be a crazy person).

Arteen

Smash Lord
I hope this is true. And as for AC character, this was leaked by a an interview with the japanese director of Animal Crossing. He confirmed there was a character in brawl. Where have you guys been?
That was confirmed to be fake. Where have you been?

I would like this to be the roster (go Isaac!), but it doesn't seem legit. Ness and Villager are clearly out, and K Rool seems iffy. There's no one surprising in the roster.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to assume all of these are fake until proven otherwise. It would be nice though, if (and that's a big if) this is real then it's a shame Bomberman isn't included even though he was unlikely in the first place.
At least Isaac's up though.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
This is fake. Looking at the list you can see it is fake because Ness is listed. Also, the guy who posted it on gamefaqs confirms he made it up.

People become so gullible when a few 3rd party's are listed.

D

Deleted member

That was confirmed to be fake. Where have you been?

I would like this to be the roster (go Isaac!), but it doesn't seem legit. Ness and Villager are clearly out, and K Rool seems iffy. There's no one surprising in the roster.
I don't know about any of the others you mentioned but Ness is in.

D

Deleted member

Ness AND Lucas? Eh. Don't think so.
Trust me, I agree with you that it makes absolutely no sense. But I have it on a reliable source that he is in, but the person never played Melee or the original so it's possible that it was an alternate costume and they got confused, but there is at least some form of him in there.

Personally I loved Ness in the original and he was my main (I didn't really like Melee so I never developed a main) so I want him back but I'm glad that we at least have Lucas. I would have been pissed if his moves didn't come back in some form. In a way I'm kind of disappointed he's back since that probably means that there are clones (which I didn't like). In a way I'm happy though, because I like Ness.

Croco

Smash Lord

HELL NO
NOT SURE
MAYBE

YES
Veterans.......

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

D

Deleted member

Ness getting in over Lucario would just be stupid, and game and watch, windwaker link? lawlzor
Ness would be way better than Lucario. Go play another game for your furry Pokemon fetish. We have enough Pokemon in the game already. They are items, there are quite a few of them playable, get over it. You could say Pokemon has more reps than anything already.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
LMAO!!! this guy said K.rool killed it. LMAO!!! oh man.... nice way to start a boring day. LOL this list actually looks kind of truthful. I'm iffy abot Megaman though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ness alone screams out fake.

Has anyone else been here long enough to remember this Nintendrone blog entry?

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/

I'm not buying it, but I suppose it should stay open for new threads that'll surely pop up to be redirected to.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
if that is the final roster,without anymore characters?,that would be a bigger dissapointment since Brawl being delayed,why Ness?,Falco?Mewtwo?MegaMan?No Mii? this is a HOAX!

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Ness is for all intents and purposes, zapped. I would only like Lucario because of a good moveset potential, axe Jigglypuff for a fighting type, we dont need another pink fluffball.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Oh yeah. K. Rool really messed up this rumor. >_>. You tell me another main enemy that the Kongs have had since Donkey Kong Country.

And I'm going with False. But this is just me.

T-major

Smash Champion
I think/know this is fake... for one, it says Ness is in; which anyone with common sense will tell you is ridiculous. second, theres no Takamaru; which doesn't make any sense given how wanted likely he is...

so yeah. fail...

::EDIT::

This is fake. Looking at the list you can see it is fake because Ness is listed. Also, the guy who posted it on gamefaqs confirms he made it up.

People become so gullible when a few 3rd party's are listed.
see? I knew it...

D

Deleted member

The only problem with you guys saying Ness is ridiculous is that he is in. I agree it does sound far fetched...but he's in.

However I agree that this list looks really fake, but not because of Ness.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Why would Sakurai put Ness in alongside Lucas? It just makes absolutely no sense at all. They would have almost an identical moveset, and look the same except for hair and a hat.

T-major

Smash Champion
The only problem with you guys saying Ness is ridiculous is that he is in. I agree it does sound far fetched...but he's in.

However I agree that this list looks really fake, but not because of Ness.
and your basing this on..... what?

face it. Ness is replaced by Lucas. theres literally NO REASON to think other wise, other than denial that your main is gone. suck it up, and except the facts...

D

Deleted member

Why would Sakurai put Ness in alongside Lucas? It just makes absolutely no sense at all. They would have almost an identical moveset, and look the same except for hair and a hat.
I agree, I don't understand it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom