• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico X-topia Tournament!Results in first post!

Zoap

Smash Master
hmmm 158 roundtrip flying, not too bad. Maybe Ill come to this ill see if anyone else in Norcal is interested.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Jesus... what the heck?

Rainbow Cruise my ***. What's up with that? Also, I didn't see Fountain of Dreams on the banned doubles stages. Also also, who is hosting the doubles tournament? Also also also, when will the doubles tournament be?

Also also also also, define "giving instruction." Would be saying something like, "SHOOT THE *****!!!" or "GO FOR THE KILL!" or "GO FOR THE SPIKE!" count as giving instructions, or still just cheering?

Seriously, your allowed and banned stages are still whacked. Why don't you just use the normal guidelines and that picture?

There's plenty of other OOS'ers that haven't ever visited NM before. I'm pretty happy about that. Oh and don't worry Trollthug, we'll give you a challenge. I hope...

Feel your dreads?!? That must be the strangest thing I've ever heard. Sounds tempting though, I must say...hmmm...

OMFG!!! I was a whole page behind!!! I posted to the wrong page...oops.

Anyways...CALIFORNIA?!? Whoa...now this is definitely starting to get really interesting. Man...I think I might die of excitement.

I gotta check this counterpicking crap out...edit in a minute.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Feel your dreads?!? That must be the strangest thing I've ever heard. Sounds tempting though, I must say...hmmm...

Yah, I mean, if you DONT want to feel them, then feel free to have an actual match with me, but I mean...When is the next time youll be able to feel dreads?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
A guy in my class has dreads. They are kinda cool. THOSE RULES I COPIED DIRECTLY FROM MLGPRO.COM. THOSE ARE THE COUNTERPICK STAGES. RAINBOW CRUISE ISN'T BANNED AND NEVER HAS BEEN.

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok since you dont have all your rules in a nice format, or even in accordance with MLG. I went ahead and did it for you. I suggest you copy and paste it on your first post. Again I'm considering attending this event. I hope this helps

When: Saturday,February 10th

We can stay as long as we need!

Where: Park Plaza Hotel And Conference Center Albuquerque
2500 Carlisle Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110 - 3808

Phone #: (505) 888-3311
(If you’re staying at the Hotel ask for the N.V.G.A. discount for discounted pricing)
We will be following Mlg Rule set
The Venue will be at a Carlisle Hotel, the venue may change to a different spot we have not gotten a confirmed spot from x-topia(I am inquiring of where it will be at exactly).

How Much:
$10 Entry fee.
$7 Venue fee.

What: Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles and Doubles

Schedule:
11:00- 12:30:Free play
12:30: Start Taking Signups
(I would suggest you put up some kinda tentative schedule beyond this point)

General Rules:

1. If a player or team doesn't show up on time for their match, they will be given a 5 minute grace period before it will go down as a forfeit.
2. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, depending on the time of the crash
3. All decisions made by tournament officials are final.
4. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.
5. Any other sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.
6. Players must report to their station immediately after their match is announced. If after 5 minutes, a player/team has not reported to their station they will forfeit the match.

Random Select: The first match in a set is usually random, or agreed upon by the players.

Advanced Slob Picks: After the first match which is random stage select, the loser says the stage out loud, the winner then picks there character, and the loser picks their character after that.

Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): No one stage may be played twice during a set.

Double Blind Character Pick: If neither Player wishes to set down their cursor due to counter-picking(of the character they select),then a double blind may be called,call a neutral party(A Tournament judge or someone the judge deems worthy), both players will whisper their character selection to this person and then they will set down(The neutral party will confirm both parties go to the characters they whispered)

Double Elimination: You have to lose two sets to be knocked out of a tournament.

Spectators may not give instructions to players while they battle. Spectators that shout instructions to players will lose 2 stock from the next fight. If they are not in the tournament, a warning will be given, and a ban if need be. Cheering, however, is awesomesauce. :D

Controllers

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Singles and Doubles Competition

1. Singles will be a Best of 3 Game Series, Double Elimination Bracket.
2. Players will be seeded for the bracket based on previous tournament performance and done by knowledgeable set of at least 2 players from different areas and then by Doubles the same way
3.Singles bracket will be a best of 3 games series, double elimination bracket.
4. After losing a series, teams will fall into the Losers Bracket.
5. A loss in the Losers Bracket will result in elimination from the competition.
6.Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
7. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
8. Items will be turned off.
9. The finals of each Singles and Doubles brackets will be best of 5 games series.
10.Players/teams eliminated via round 5 or 6 of the Losers Bracket will play 1 match to determine their exact 5th-8th placement.
11. Players/teams will be seeded for their brackets based on MLG rank points.
12.Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
13. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
14. Items will be turned off.

Stage & Character Selection

1. The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.
2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage.
3. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
4. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64
5. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
7. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
9. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.
10. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
11. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
13. During finals the players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game's stage.
14. If the players/teams meeting in the Final Match the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
5. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

More details to come!
Oh yeah, at the Carlisle hotel the gamers will be getting a discounted rate.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I like what Zoap has done for us. Not only is it much more organized, but legitimate and makes sense unlike the discombobulated thing you constructed SinZ. I suggest that we put that as the first post, mentioning the discount at the top.

Now, will someone please answer my questions?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
no, because nobody likes you... ;-) lol, j/k

<3 NM...

oh yeah, michelle, if chucky doesn't go can me and those with me (just two) still get housing? :-D <3's

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
1,700th post!

If OK pansies out on this (even though last time it was because of a sudden schedule conflict, but even still that's lame) in any way, shape, or form, I will beat them </3

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
To answer your questions, Davis.

I don't think that's "giving instruction", so long as you're not telling them to do any specific moves or anything.

The stages list isn't whacked anymore. Rainbow Cruise is allowed, always has been, even says so in the picture you posted, so I dunno what your issue with that is.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
A guy in my class has dreads. They are kinda cool.
See, the HOST of the tourny thinks dreads are cool. Especially mine, my dreads either smell like: Peppermint, Cinnamon, Skittles, or Berchamont (the stuff in earl gray tea).

For real, my dreads are too good to be true.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
To answer your questions, Davis.

I don't think that's "giving instruction", so long as you're not telling them to do any specific moves or anything.

The stages list isn't whacked anymore. Rainbow Cruise is allowed, always has been, even says so in the picture you posted, so I dunno what your issue with that is.
Well, no offense, but I'd rather Everett define "giving instructions" seeings how it depends on his ruling.

Also, Rainbow Cruise never has been, and most likely never will be, a neutral stage. I don't care about a counter pick or a doubles, though I'd be annoyed if someone picked it, that's not what I'm talking about.

EDIT: I am interested in his dreads... this could be a once in a life time opprotunity.

AllBoutSheik

Smash Apprentice
Haha dude, youre bustin on me like i care about this game. If i got beat by a pikachu isnt it very evident that i blow completely? Just sayin, you seem like a smart ***, you think you could put 2 and 2 together. But whateva, im sure all about c stick will rock you just like he did last time. gonnagetraped.com?

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Haha dude, youre bustin on me like i care about this game. If i got beat by a pikachu isnt it very evident that i blow completely? Just sayin, you seem like a smart ***, you think you could put 2 and 2 together. But whateva, im sure all about c stick will rock you just like he did last time. gonnagetraped.com?
Meh, could care less, its just a game like u said. I just come here to troll and apparently is working lol. crymoreplz.com? QQ

Zoap

Smash Master
Rainbow cruise has not been a neutral for MLG for a very long time( I think the beginning of the 2005 season). Currently it is available for counterpick in singles and is a neutral in doubles. I thought I explained that the rules I posted are from MLG themselves, but I guess some dont know how to read or just dont want to.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I 3 stocked vile. And I 2 stocked him the round after.

Zoap

Smash Master
cool sinz ill see about buying my ticket in the next week(hopefully). If I go is anyone willing to house a bum like me, again Ill mention this at Norcal's Biweekly this weekend(The ppl that would consider would prob be DBR, as most of the rest of Norcal is poor)

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
I 3 stocked vile. And I 2 stocked him the round after.
Ya poor vile, he umm chokes alot lol. Maybe this time he will not choke and win?

according to him he killed himself, tahst what he said. He said he is willing to MM for 15 dollars. or are u scared? >.> i would

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Zoap thanks for organizing that.
Also, Trollthug I would but I am short on cash right now I am getting some later maybe in early feb but I don't know.

andras2006

Smash Cadet
hey, hows everyone doing, i was wondering if we need to start signing up for this already, or do we just show up on the day and say we're here to play. lol...if we do have to sign up who do i contact?. thx and hopefully ill see you guys there.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
we have no houseing we are proabally going to drive there and back. without sleeping and if we need to sleep will just sleep at the tourny.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
So this hotel, it says on the first page the address and all, but is this the TRUE location? It also says that it isnt confirmed.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, I agreed with you already Zoap.

DBR? Omg, that'd be so ****ing awesome, you have no idea.

Rofl, you tell him ABS. Can I get a woot woot?

Andras, you just register when you get there. Registration is something like, 12:30-...I don't think there is a specified time. I'm gonna say half an hour to an hour. Free play is 11:00-12:30.

Duha, I said I might be able to house you guys if I have to, though I personally don't see anything wrong with sleeping in a car. Seems to me like it would add to the experience.

Also, ignore the first post Rasta. It is such a hodgepodge mess. Look at Zoap's post a page or two back. That's what should be copied and pasted to the first post.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Haha, ignore the post that was posted by the host of this tourny?
Ok

Sleeping in a car isnt fun man! Its like the opposite of fun, its only fun when a person awake screws with the people that are asleep, then takes a picture of what he did.

AllBoutSheik

Smash Apprentice
Ya poor vile, he umm chokes alot lol. Maybe this time he will not choke and win?

according to him he killed himself, tahst what he said. He said he is willing to MM for 15 dollars. or are u scared? >.> i would
A lot is two words.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I can talk with Jason he said he can house about 3 or 4. But, he said it should be the ones who live the furthest away.

Also, davis for saying that I am goign to have you be the first person in the loser bracket. You will be known as BYE in the winners bracket then davis in the losers.
The location is right there. I will change it to confirmed.

This is Jason montoya not Articdrac.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Whew! What is that smell! Oh wait, it smells like I don't care.

Top Bottom