• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico X-topia Tournament!Results in first post!

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Yup cant wait for xtopia! I want to pwn some noobs are maybe place in this tourney. But for sure some one from TOFU will place 1st 2nd or 3rd. Becuase TOFU> NM . :O

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Happy late New Years to ya all!

Just wanted to say that I'm trying to get Chuckie (Enix) and his gang to come to this X-Topia tournament! Should be exciting. It sounds like there is a pretty good chance of him coming. So, thats an extra treat to be looking forward to. :)

Um, thats pretty much it.

Oh yeah, someone called me Arctic's GF earlier in this forum I believe? Even though we're always hanging around eachother and we pretty much act like it, we're not dating. I AM A STRONG, INDEPENDENT, SINGLE, BLACK WOMAN!! ...I mean Asian. Whatever.
I'll be coming too (Hopefully)

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
LOL, last tourney it was more like EP>NM. The only good player from NM was ABP,he was real good. Im pretty much positive EP will take this tourney unless some other uber out of state players come. :O

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wow Trollthug, nice contribution. I bet somebody out there almost cared.
Also, why does fire come out of most of cfs moves, but the knee doesn't. A better question is why does fire come from here?

UP-B'D
no one answered my question :(

Enix moogle *cough cough*

Wow, ABS, you sure want to win don't ya? Ahh, don't worry man, you'll do fine. At least in teams you will.

Trollthug does have a point my friends, and truthfully, EP probably will win this tourney. But hey, that's OK, more experience. ABP will be training EP, so get ready for him, and me, Sinz, and Alphabravo will too. Trust me, when next you all see Alphabravo, you will be surprised. I know he played Tetsuya in the winner's finals, and then got knocked out afterwards, as he was a little shaken, but believe me, he is much better than before. I can't explain it, but when next you see him play, you will understand. He still may not be able to win, but he will stand a far better chance than last time. NM will be preparing for this EP, don't expect us to go easy on you!!*cough cough*

Sinz, I don't think anyone WANTS to know the answer to your question. I don't, I'll tell you that much. CF can keep his dirty secrets, that nasty little creten.

Happy late New Years to you as well, Yuki. Good to hear from you. Trying to be some guys in from AZ, eh? That sounds awesome. We will be seeing you and AD there as well, ja?I hope so, a tournament just wouldn't be the same without you two. Talk to you later.

I hope you can make it too Young Danny. If you don't though, there's always another tournament here in NM. Later.

Erich out.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Wow, ABS, you sure want to win don't ya? Ahh, don't worry man, you'll do fine. At least in teams you will.

Trollthug does have a point my friends, and truthfully, EP probably will win this tourney. But hey, that's OK, more experience. ABP will be training EP, so get ready for him, and me, Sinz, and Alphabravo will too. Trust me, when next you all see Alphabravo, you will be surprised. I know he played Tetsuya in the winner's finals, and then got knocked out afterwards, as he was a little shaken, but believe me, he is much better than before. I can't explain it, but when next you see him play, you will understand. He still may not be able to win, but he will stand a far better chance than last time. NM will be preparing for this EP, don't expect us to go easy on you!!*cough cough*

Sinz, I don't think anyone WANTS to know the answer to your question. I don't, I'll tell you that much. CF can keep his dirty secrets, that nasty little creten.

Happy late New Years to you as well, Yuki. Good to hear from you. Trying to be some guys in from AZ, eh? That sounds awesome. We will be seeing you and AD there as well, ja?I hope so, a tournament just wouldn't be the same without you two. Talk to you later.

I hope you can make it too Young Danny. If you don't though, there's always another tournament here in NM. Later.

Erich out.
Great way of putting it! Cant wait for this tourney! Hopefully you guys have gotten better! So we can have good matches :O. Is idaho coming this time? >.>

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Bah. I'm a stubborn fool. El Paso won't place even third! I'll make sure of it whether or not my fellow New Mexicans will help me or not.

Also, the answer to your question is because his package is "shocking." Haha, puns. You know no justice.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Bah. I'm a stubborn fool. El Paso won't place even third! I'll make sure of it whether or not my fellow New Mexicans will help me or not.

Also, the answer to your question is because his package is "shocking." Haha, puns. You know no justice.
heh you wont be saying that when one of us 3-2 stock you. :O

Benthos

Smash Cadet
Sounds interesting. Maybe I'll come down from my city, since it is about 2.5 hours or so to get to Albuquerque. I've only played in one tournament before, but am pretty good, so it would improve myself even more to go to a tournament like this. Only about a month to wait for it now.

Yea, good idea man. You could get some tips from the pros of out-of-state. See you then if you come.

I like your pun Kash. Actually, most puns I like because, you do, in fact, have to be slightly witty and Englishly deft to use a pun.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, just for a heads up, Oklahoma *might* be able to show up. It was a shame we couldn't make the previous one, but this time we'll put more effort into it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Don't worry, Vega. You didn't miss much at the last one. Poorly ran, it was. However, this will be a much different case, so I suggest you try to make it. It'll be worth the while.

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, someone called me Arctic's GF earlier in this forum I believe? Even though we're always hanging around eachother and we pretty much act like it, we're not dating. I AM A STRONG, INDEPENDENT, SINGLE, BLACK WOMAN!! ...I mean Asian. Whatever.
Yeaaaaaaaaa (although, she's so lying, she does this to give me hope) *tears*

Well, South Paw should HELP ME PAY FOR THE TRIP! <3 Coty and my friend (Christina) might be willing to drive me, but I didn't see a location for this and If Zarelid would stop being a *****, he might come too.

Anyway, point of post, whats the location?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
i am pretty sure me and nin9 will be there maybe a few others depending on if they want to go or not and stop changing the date... jk

C-J

Smash Cadet
Park Plaza Hotel And Conference Center Albuquerque

2500 Carlisle Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110 - 3808
(505) 888-3311
(If you’re staying at the Hotel ask for the N.V.G.A. discount for discounted pricing)

Edit: I'm going snowboarding guys, be back monday, seeya!

YukiTanuki

Smash Cadet
Yeaaaaaaaaa (although, she's so lying, she does this to give me hope) *tears*

Well, South Paw should HELP ME PAY FOR THE TRIP! <3 Coty and my friend (Christina) might be willing to drive me, but I didn't see a location for this and If Zarelid would stop being a *****, he might come too.

Anyway, point of post, whats the location?

YOU NEED TO BRING TREVYN!!! You guys together = too good! I will totally buy you guys booze...oh wait, you're 21 now huh. Dammit.

I will get back to ya on the location. Don't bring her. Jk...seriously though, don't... ... ...

:)

Benthos

Smash Cadet
Is it bring your own controller(byoc)? Because my only good controllers are wireless, but those might not be as good, especially at larger tournaments where there is more chance for interference from other wireless controllers. Or are wireless fine and there is some system so everyone knows what channels to use and such, and I'm just worrying too much?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Benthos i would just suggest to get a wired controller but im sure someone there will have more then one controller, whether they let you use it or nor is the question.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Benthos, you are worrying too much. I don't think you'd have to worry about channels, anyways. Though, I have an extra black wired controller I could bring and let you borrow if you want.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wait Enxi your in Tucson! I should have hooked up with you! I did the Tour 109 miler!

Sooo...there's been a lot of posting and a lot of questions, C-J answered many of them with the location, here I go with some more:

Date is February 10th, and it will not be changed again.

Enix, C-J just posted location, did you read it?

There are plenty of people you know to borrow controllers from when you need one Benthos, like your fellow NM'ers, or some OOS guys. You could bring your wireless one though, I don't think you'll have a problem. If you do though, just ask one of us. We'll all have to meet before the actual tourney starts.

Trollthug, NM won't be MM'ing the TOFU crew. We could, however, do a friendly crew battle. You guys had something previously planned with OK, didn't you? Try them, if they come. I hope they can come too.

Sounds good Melee Marth. See you there.

BTW, I like your sig Benthos, I love Fire Emblem too. Do you have an actual game with Roy as the main character? I don't think that one was released here...GRRRRR, I want that one, it's like the sequel to the first one that came out here with Eliwood.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
hey i didnt know michelle had a boards account... hi michelle! lol

ok chucky trevyn's being a ***** so you should go anyways and team with me :-D cus he sucks now lolz... and ill help you pay... with our winnings lol

ok question for sinz... are the banned stages one the first page the only non counter-picks? ah well, i dunno why im worried, im coming anyways, lol

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Enix, you should bring this guy named... well, I don't know his real name but he usually goes by Ruby. I think he lives near Zeralid/Trevyn.

Also, South Paw. I think it is safe to assume that we will be following this:

The top of a box represents Singles, the bottom of a box represents Doubles.
Red means banned
Yellow means able to be counter-picked
Green means neutral (on random)

Edit: Also, what's the deal with doubles?

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
YOU NEED TO BRING TREVYN!!! You guys together = too good! I will totally buy you guys booze...oh wait, you're 21 now huh. Dammit.

I will get back to ya on the location. Don't bring her. Jk...seriously though, don't... ... ...

:)
LOL, Tears, but then again,....... if your telling me NOT to bring her....then.....

Yeaaaaaaa! Too Good! It's time to meet Carlos!

LOLz, anyways im trying to get trevyn to come, and myself, but im in huge amounts of debt, so I'll be talking to Coty(South_Paw) tonight to see if I can work something out with him. Can't wait till chill with you and Jason again, been way too long!

EDIT: On a random note, the post above, is more confusing then anything should be, my brain I think, EXPLODed!

I saw the location, im trying to get one of my two friends to drive us, one of which drives (Ferm) and I've never heard of this Ruby guy, but tell him to send me a PM, but I doubt will have room.

Driver, Me, Trevyn, and another of our friends (assuming thats cool with Michelle and Jason, which might be housing us.....Please!......<3s and for michelle: Kisses!!!!!!!! ) It can just be the three of us, let me know on myspace.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
screw you chucky... the stage thing above is awesome... and a good idea.

carlos is a *****

and "Driver, Me, Trevyn, and another of our friends" the another is me right? lol

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
According to the list on the first post, Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle (new, not 64) and Onett are allowed, while according that picture they're not >.>

South_Paw

Smash Ace
because they're gay and crappy stages

most of them favor certain characters... though ill argue that brinstar does too anyways

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Because they are gay and my fave stages. Davis, on X-topia i said I would let you hold doubles.

YukiTanuki

Smash Cadet
Hi Coty! :) Wassup?

Chuckie, don't stress about the housing, we'll work something out, whether it be sneaking into someones window again or getting one motel room for us gangstas. (how many are coming with you again?) I'm excited!!! Tell Carlos I said yo.

OH YEAH! Um, I need you to do something very very important. Before you leave, I need you to get a cooler, go to In and Out Burger, fill up the cooler with burgers, and bring them to me. OMG I MISS THAT DELICIOUS SHIAT!! I may or may not be joking. I'll get back to ya on that.

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
screw you chucky... the stage thing above is awesome... and a good idea.

carlos is a *****

and "Driver, Me, Trevyn, and another of our friends" the another is me right? lol
If your willing to come and get us then drive to new mexico i'll love you forever, but still not as much as Michelle (you understand).

Hi Coty! :) Wassup?

Chuckie, don't stress about the housing, we'll work something out, whether it be sneaking into someones window again or getting one motel room for us gangstas. (how many are coming with you again?) I'm excited!!! Tell Carlos I said yo.

OH YEAH! Um, I need you to do something very very important. Before you leave, I need you to get a cooler, go to In and Out Burger, fill up the cooler with burgers, and bring them to me. OMG I MISS THAT DELICIOUS SHIAT!! I may or may not be joking. I'll get back to ya on that.
Yo, is all Carlos gets!? oh hell no!! you better be ready to back that *** up, yeaaaaaa! (listen to my page).

<3s!!!!!!!

Anyway, if were going through phoenix, will see what we can do, I think Ferm might have a cooler cause he seems prepared for just about anything.

I'm also looking forward to any new artwork of yours, that peach and all those smash characters were too good!

P.S. To Coty: Forgot to call you, and now im too **** tired, Calling you tomorrow I Imagine.

Top Bottom