• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico X-topia Tournament!Results in first post!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
RESULTS:
First Place: Tetsuya
Second Place: Enix Moogle
Third Place: Allboutpeach!

58 people great turn out and an overall great tourney.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Most likely I'll be going to this, hopefully with some Texans. As usual, we'll need housing.

BTW, ban the Wobbles.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What is the wobbles? (Some sort of glitch?!)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well, this looks already that it is gonna be good!!! We just want some more oos.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Working on getting you guys housing,

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Either way Sinz, housing would be much appreciated (rather that be with Yuki and Artic again or at someone's house).

I'll be bringing good people, so watch out...

Supa Sami

Smash Rookie
lol well ill see if i could stay at one ofmy friends house but shes a girl so i doubt they will let me stay there

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about going, but one thing for the stages that are ban because of fleeing, couldnt you stop that by simply turning off time, and doing a stock match of about 4 ?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I was thinking about going, but one thing for the stages that are ban because of fleeing, couldnt you stop that by simply turning off time, and doing a stock match of about 4 ?
No. The stages aren't banned for time limit alone. If you are fox playing anyone besides fox or captain falcon you have pretty much a guaranteed win or draw. All you have to do it run away and spam lazers. No skill, no chance for the opponent to hit you. Removing the time limit does not solve this, it would only make it last longer than 8 minutes (if the fox for some reason didn't win before then)

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
No. The stages aren't banned for time limit alone. If you are fox playing anyone besides fox or captain falcon you have pretty much a guaranteed win or draw. All you have to do it run away and spam lazers. No skill, no chance for the opponent to hit you. Removing the time limit does not solve this, it would only make it last longer than 8 minutes (if the fox for some reason didn't win before then)
I dont really know, any projectile character can stop fox from spamming lasers, since 1: they dont stun, and 2: they dont penitrate other projectiles. Not to mention there very easy to avoid. And still you cant KO with lasers alone. Fox is still a closed range fighter, so he would have to move"in the fray" to land a finishing blow, Thus giving the opponet a chance to CG, infinite,misile, attack or whatever your character can do. And ive never seen a tie in stock match before. But I acknowledge and see the point you were trying to make.

So I see as removing time it opens up the fray in order to KO the foe, instead of letting time run out for an as victory.

Note: I see what your saying, and get it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We are just going by mlg rules and that is what they have so that is it.
So can I get a list and number of people you are bringing.
For example,
Young danny 48.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
lol well ill see if i could stay at one ofmy friends house but shes a girl so i doubt they will let me stay there
Hey how old are you? (if you are like my age (16 or 15) I may be able to convince my parents to let you stay here. BUt you have to do some pichu dittos.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I dont really know, any projectile character can stop fox from spamming lasers, since 1: they dont stun, and 2: they dont penitrate other projectiles. Not to mention there very easy to avoid. And still you cant KO with lasers alone. Fox is still a closed range fighter, so he would have to move"in the fray" to land a finishing blow, Thus giving the opponet a chance to CG, infinite,misile, attack or whatever your character can do. And ive never seen a tie in stock match before. But I acknowledge and see the point you were trying to make.

So I see as removing time it opens up the fray in order to KO the foe, instead of letting time run out for an as victory.

Note: I see what your saying, and get it.
The thing is that it is the most annoying thing to have around 20- 40 people waiting on a single match. Because if we keep it organized it will go faster, but if we have someone going for a 20 minute match that didn't have a time limit. That is is why we keep the ban stages they are to save time, which is very important to this world.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah, joe ruined that one. He had no tournament program and no organization. It sucked. The mother who came for 30 minutes did the most work and then I was left to try to run most of it. It sucked.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, if you want to go I could possibly house you if need be. I still don't have all my plans down with my friends yet, though. January is too far ahead for my puny brain to plan ahead for.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, Andras there are a few good smashers down in LS. C-J and 606 are both good try to get a hold of them.

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
Hey Andras, we live in El Paso (Not too far from Las Cruces). We should get together and smash it up some time. We are heading to the Albu tournament as well. PM me if you are down. We are down for going to smash in Las Cruces. Let me know.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Where exactly is this cause DSC might be able to come down to play on the date given. We all just went to farmington and recked house there. we took 2nd 3rd 5th 6th but we should have took top 10 if we didn't have to play each other. only person that was good there was a denver smasher besides the durango crew. IF you give me a city i can get back to you guys by the end of the week.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Duha, the Durango crew wasn't very good, ABS was able to rip through 4 of them before dying. Then ABP finished the job losing one stock. ANd they are our two worst members of our crew. So it isn't very amazinh that you guys would get those spots.

It is in Albuquerque At the Carlisle Hotel(Chingach is getting the exact address for me)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
When was this because i wasn't there nin9 wasn't there zenjen wasn't there im not sure about textbook he probally was. Im not claiming us to be the best crew not at all. just we want more competition then just ourselves. I am by no means a really good smasher i just would like to play some very high talented smashers to get a good idea of how good or bad i am. The first match i had in farmington i played i guy that never played smash before that is not fun.

Besides Nin9, Zen, textbook, and me no one else uses advace techniques but we got them fired up after that tournament and we are going to start to train them. Some do every once in awhile but not often.

anyways i think you guys are about 3 and a half hours away so i will try and talk a few people into coming down. we might need housing but first lets see if we come down.

thanks sinz

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ask Textbook, I am good. I was the only one at the tournament waveshining. And that was a while ago, like way earlier.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I'm not worried about that much i just want to play good players. IF we come down maybe me and you can get a money match or something in.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sounds good, when are you in durango?

andras2006

Smash Cadet
wow thats awesome, to the people from cruces, yea i wanna get together and play, i go to nmsu, and live at the dorms, but im usually at my friends apartment in telshore, as for the ppl from el paso, im originally from el paso, west side, ill be down there for the holidays just email me you guys, ajus2006@yahoo.com, ive been wanting to play with other people other than with my friends. email me please. :D

I'm saying this only once: I'm not helping with housing. The hotel is giving a discount, and that's as far as I stretch. Sorry guys, had serious problems last time I tried this.

Welcome, Andras. See you sometime soon, eh?

I like your attitude Duha. That's how I am too, I go to tournaments to play good people. See you there.

Good to see that all of EP's coming back. And we gots Colorado too; this should be pretty awesome.

Young Danny, you could probably get housing with Jason and Michelle. They're pretty nice, and it's only you and your crew, whom they know, correct? Just give them a buzz. You should be fine. Do you remember Jason's number?

Maybe afterwards, if we plan it more carefully, we can all go grab some grub after the tourney, like the last one. Only, there'd be more people going. Plus, we can stay at the tourney until we're ready to leave, so maybe not. Just a suggestion.

Take it easy on the insults Sinz. You're insulting people so fast that you're not thinking clearly. ABP is ABSOLUTELY NOT the worst member of our crew; he's better than you and Alpha. In fact, as of now, I'm the only one who is supposedly better than him. Be nice, alright? And don't be gettin' cocky either.

andras2006

Smash Cadet
im defenitly going now, me and my friend already asked for days off, i think 2 more of my friends might go too. hopefully we wont get beat on the first round, i wanna at least make it through the first couple of ones.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, Erich, i am not the one who obsessed over him day and night saying,I can beat him, and then you lose to him your like. I made a mistake it won't happen again attitude, and then it happens again. However, recognize I can rip through most everyone nowadays? Everyone that ABP lost to I killed? Interesting... By the way, I was using a general statement, based on the basis of our practice X the rate of improvement we have, and what alpha has told me we have surpassed him(me and alpha) you however still have a ****load of problems to deal with.
I'm over it, are you over it?
And Don't talk to me about getting cocky.
Oh yeah, Erich no grub after tourney remember what happened last time?
Just drop the act.

This is what happens to me every year during finals... **** it.

Top Bottom