• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am fixing those. I copied the NMSC ruleset. which Kashakanakiakaiaiaiakaiakaiaiaiak had been weirding up.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Alpha was a serious tournament player, the Kish's were serious tournament players, M3D was a serious tournament player, Dr Drewthedragon was a serious tournament player; I could easily go on (they placed high in tournaments as well). All of these players are highly respected due to their past accomplishments, everything they have doing now, and (most importantly) their point of view.

All four of these (and some more) have a track record of excelling in anything that is smash related (player, tournament host, mod). These four, in particular, are very intelligent, are longtime smashboard members, placed high in tournaments at one time, ran national tournaments at one point, and have perspective by being active in other gaming scenes.

What irks me are people who shout doom and gloom, yet, do not know what doom and gloom is. My point with other competitive gaming scenes is simply a matter of experience. With perspective, you have something to compare to and draw upon. Thus, I (and most others) are more open to differences b/c we have seen what bad competitive gaming is like. Brawl (so far at least) does pass the smell test of a competitive game.

If I come to NM again (we'll see), hear Jra64 talk about Brawl. Many of mine opinions concerning Brawl happen to be in line with his, and, he certainly has a track record of placing high in multiple games (especially Tekken) and approaches gaming like no one that I have ever seen.

You are entitled to your opinion and by all means do not have to agree with AZ, but, show deference to members who know a hell of a lot and have experienced a hell of a lot.

P.S.- post your opinion on Brawl in AZ's thread and see the response you get. Hell, read it all (35 pages); I did, and, it certainly modified my opinion on Brawl. ;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Matt come with a busfull of people. I'll buy you a soda.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
AZs thread is full of newcomers and nobodies. We have the occasional pro or decent player posting there, but, in general, it's more spammy than CO's thread. D:

AZ, the Kishes, and Drew were all pretty decent in Melee, but that was waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. They all fell behind, for one reason or another. Still, the Kishes host **** good tourneys, and AZ is a good guy, and smart, on the whole.

Mmmm...well, I guess that AZ has been a serious tourney attendee before. My bad. I know now though. I've only known him as the almighty intelligence unit of all things Smash.

So are you coming down too Tony? Or are you leaving before? I'll miss your ridiculous sense of humor man!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I keep thinking whenever someone mentions AZ(the player I guess) that you're talking about AZ the state >_< Don't abbreviate his name anymore, or just use AlphaZ(Cause Alpha could mean paul or Alphabravo...). ugh, 35 pages, we'll see if I can make it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
By the way we are holding a tournament in december just for Caotic. he will be bringing a car full of Cali smashers.

Also, I need laptops for the tourney.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
G-reg is an amazing player. He has helped me out a ton. He is very intelligent. Do not shoot him down.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hello, NM. We are -thinking- about having a Melee sub tourney at AZOTS.

Hopefully the people running it agree to this. :]

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Colorado Nite my counterpart, that is acceptable.

Guys i need set ups from our players, we need at least 6 for gamers anonymous to do any thing.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
So if we can get enough set-ups Gamers Anonymous will provide additional ones?

Btw, I would bring my labtop to the supercon Everett but it hasn't been working too well lately. It tends to randomly turn off at times and crash. It also happens quite often. Consider asking Steven; he has a working labtop that you could use.

Perrako

Smash Rookie
Do you still need Wiis for supercon? I can supply one.

Yuck -- I want to know if there are any other tourneys going on in NM, but there's too much stuff to filter through. Do we have a simple tournament planning thread?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Perrako? you can bring a wii with brawl data? Sweet.

tw1n

Smash Champion
So how many people are going to SuperCon? Sounds like its going to be bad ***. If I lend my camera to someone (i.e. Sinz or Erich or anyone who won't lose it/make sure it doesn't get jacked) would you guys be willing to record stuff for me?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Twin if you tape stuff for me.

Wii's 10
Sinz-Confirmed
Paul-Confirmed
Erich-Confirmed
Davis-Confirmed
Neil
Zman-Confirmed
Steven-Confirmed
Gamers Anonymous- 2 confirmed 1 more possible

TVs 9
Paul
Erich-Confirmed
Davis-Confirmed
Steven-Confirmed
Zman-Confirmed
Neil
Gamers Anonymous- 2 confirmed 1 more possible.

This is who I think can bring them.

I need help!!!

I can tape Kyle. Just tell me when you want to give it to me. Don't worry, I won't lose it. It'll be with me in my backpack the whole tourney, unless of course I'm recording.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So guys can you confirm that you can bring set ups?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I can tape Kyle. Just tell me when you want to give it to me. Don't worry, I won't lose it. It'll be with me in my backpack the whole tourney, unless of course I'm recording.
Alrighty Erich. I'll recharge the battery and get a new tape. We'll find a day to meet up so i can give it to you.

Heads up. I MIGHT be able to come on saturday. Whether or not I compete is all up to work.

Alrighty mate. That'd be cool. Yea, just call me about the camcorder too.

It looks like I'm already confirmed, but I can bring a set-up, I am now *officially* confirmed.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Melee was more fun when I played it alone because there was always some technical aspect of the game I had yet to master. Therefore, it was more fun to play on my own because I could work on my technical skill and try to come up with something new.

The lack of Advanced techs in Brawl makes the game boring to play alone because there really isn't anything to work on.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
You mean, go and win cause ruleset pretty much makes it a random chance that you would right? Seriously though, *DSF's Marth trips and a bob-omb falls on him during finals* and you win like 1k dorraz

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Erich, pre-register for SuperCon on the NVGA website.

Btw, Brawl is really boring when I play it alone. It's really, really sad. *sighs*
Even though Sinz says I confirmed that I am bringing a setup, I haven't.

So I'm confirming that I can bring a setup.

Alpha is right, brawl is boring alone.
I thought Melee was boring when I played it by myself Paul. I don't know how you could have possibly played it by yourself...
Yeah, I don't see how Melee could be any more entertaining by yourself. Brawl is infinitely more entertaining alone than Melee was.

Melee was more fun when I played it alone because there was always some technical aspect of the game I had yet to master. Therefore, it was more fun to play on my own because I could work on my technical skill and try to come up with something new.

The lack of Advanced techs in Brawl makes the game boring to play alone because there really isn't anything to work on.
So SSE, stage creator, online, and all the other modes don't count for anything?

You mean, go and win cause ruleset pretty much makes it a random chance that you would right? Seriously though, *DSF's Marth trips and a bob-omb falls on him during finals* and you win like 1k dorraz
Haha. That's my kind of tournament... not

But seriously, if that happened I'd be pretty happy B)

Top Bottom