• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Yea...Golden Sun's not too frustrating, but it's freakin' amazing. It's a great RPG. Love the story, love the graphics, love everything about it. I recently picked it up again too, and I'm at the Mercury Lighthouse. Then I gotta play the second one...and then they should make a third one. I'd be a very happy person.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey guys do you think we could help CO out a bit? they are having Money issues. Should we try to start a little help co fund?

I'd pitch in but I don't even make any money in the first place, and I don't wanna say: "Hey mom, not only am I asking for $30-40 for the tournament, but an extra $10-50 for CO. Is that alright?" Hmmm...wonder how she'd take it...it might be kinda funny.

Djinn releasing is okay? Sweet! Isaac only? I'll so take you up on that MM! Now...how do we get them onto FD? I'm stumped. I'm thinkin' we might have to delay our MM Tony...seriously.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah we will. For the third time in under a week, the cartridge wiped itself clean. I had perfect stats up to level 15, and it took about 11 hours just for that. This is bs, I'm about to just use a password for the first GS and just perfect level on the second game. D:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I think I'm only gonna play teams for Brawl. Singles is getting boring. Melee for life, but since no one plays it, I guess I'll pick up either GG or SC.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
A couple things:

1. Yes, that was my point. I'm not trying to convince any of that extra features are important at all to competitive players. My point is they are important to others and they don't "suck", regardless of whether or not you like them.

2. As Zman said, no Smashfest. One of my lame *** teachers gave me a project to do right before finals week (this coming up week) so I have to work on that and study for other finals.

3. GoldenGlove made that post to me; he was making fun of me. The most frustrating games I have ever played are Strikers Charged, Golden Sun, and Ridge Racer. You also wouldn't understand Golden Sun unless I told you my story, so I don't want to hear, "You thought Golden Sun was frustrating? You suck, lulz."

*puts up smart-*** shield*

4. I am thinking about not going to AzOneTwoStep for various reasons.

I think that's all.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Alpha, pick up SF. Soul Calibur is crap, and MvC is great, but only if you like combo memorization. When I said SC, I meant StarCraft.

Kash, if someone doesn't like something, they can totally claim it is crap. SSE was a forced Adventure mode, with cutscenes.

I do wanna hear your GS story, though. :D

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Virtua Fighter is awesome, but I never really got hooked on it.

I loved Soul Calibur 1+2, but the third one sucked and was boring. Hopefully the upcoming fourth game will be better.

I've recently had an interest to get into the MvC competitive scene because I've heard so many great things about the game.

I'm going to assume SF = Street Fighter. The new one is coming out soon and I want to try it.

I enjoy all fighting games but I'm only good at the 2d fighters; not the 3d (I'm going to circle around behind you crap) kind of fighting games.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I meant StarCraft.

Kash, if someone doesn't like something, they can totally claim it is crap. SSE was a forced Adventure mode, with cutscenes.

I do wanna hear your GS story, though. :D
StarCraft II is gonna rock.

Also, learn how to ****ing read.

Lastly... *sighs* I guess I'll tell you. I've only told it a thousand times, one more won't hurt.

So, I first started playing Golden Sun way long ago, back when I was still playing Pokemon. Probably around when I was 8-10 years old.

I was in the final light house waiting to get picked up by my mom from a Pokemon tournament, but I had to go to the bathroom. I set my GBA under my stuff and went to the bathroom. I came back about 30 seconds later and someone had stolen my GBA.

I went and bought a new GBA and a new Golden Sun. I got to the final boss and my memory got deleted. Being thoroughly pissed off at this point I got to the final boss again. This time I was in Chicago at a funeral. I was leaning back in a chair right as I had killed the first form of the final boss, which I had never done before. As I was fighting the final form this kid comes up to me, smacks my GBA out of my hand and I fall out of my chair. The GBA flies into the corner of the room, smashes, and Golden Sun brakes.

My mom calls tech support, which shipped me a new Golden Sun game. I then bought a new Game Boy Advance. I beat the final form of the final boss, but during the dieing animation my battery ran out. Being so thoroughly upset with the game I refused to play it again for a long time. Next time I went to play it I couldn't find it, so someone either stole it or I lost.

A couple years later I bought the game again, but refused to play it until recently. I went on a trip to San Diego, California over spring break. I popped my Golden Sun into my DS Lite and finally beat it, only minutes after I got home from the trip. Needless to say I was very ****ing happy.

And that is why I hate Golden Sun.

I like brawl :(
Don't worry, Everet. I do, too.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace

Lastly... *sighs* I guess I'll tell you. I've only told it a thousand times, one more won't hurt.

So, I first started playing Golden Sun way long ago, back when I was still playing Pokemon. Probably around when I was 8-10 years old.

I was in the final light house waiting to get picked up by my mom from a Pokemon tournament, but I had to go to the bathroom. I set my GBA under my stuff and went to the bathroom. I came back about 30 seconds later and someone had stolen my GBA.

I went and bought a new GBA and a new Golden Sun. I got to the final boss and my memory got deleted. Being thoroughly pissed off at this point I got to the final boss again. This time I was in Chicago at a funeral. I was leaning back in a chair right as I had killed the first form of the final boss, which I had never done before. As I was fighting the final form this kid comes up to me, smacks my GBA out of my hand and I fall out of my chair. The GBA flies into the corner of the room, smashes, and Golden Sun brakes.

My mom calls tech support, which shipped me a new Golden Sun game. I then bought a new Game Boy Advance. I beat the final form of the final boss, but during the dieing animation my battery ran out. Being so thoroughly upset with the game I refused to play it again for a long time. Next time I went to play it I couldn't find it, so someone either stole it or I lost.

A couple years later I bought the game again, but refused to play it until recently. I went on a trip to San Diego, California over spring break. I popped my Golden Sun into my DS Lite and finally beat it, only minutes after I got home from the trip. Needless to say I was very ****ing happy.

That's quite some story, and funny too. I guess you'll have to play the second one now.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I still play melee. I'd be up to play sometime. I prefer brawl right now though.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
As Interim said, there is no scene for melee anymore. There used to be one before Brawl came out (even though it wasn't much of a scene anyway). I might be willing to play a few games.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

I ended up beating both games, but **** it's annoying because I keep losing my copy of GS 2. I've tried so hard to get a complete file on it, but I've never finished a linked game. I always lose my gameboy which has the cartridge in it.

They need to make GS 3 already.

FINAL SMASH 4 on June 28th, San Antonio TX. If you want to go to an OOS tourney so bad I recommend mine. It'll have both Melee and Brawl.

See sig for link

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
As Interim said, there is no scene for melee anymore. There used to be one before Brawl came out (even though it wasn't much of a scene anyway). I might be willing to play a few games.
Aye. Unfortunately, I think Brawl came out just as our scene was kicking into gear. We were starting to have monthlies, power rankings, multi-state tournaments, and gaining the ability to travel OOS when Brawl killed Melee. Ah well, now it's the same community, just a different game.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Learn how to write, perhaps? :D!

That's pretty terrible luck.

Hopefully, SC2 will be good. I just started playing SC again, and I kinda suck.
I assume you mean StarCraft. I just finished looking up all the stuff about StarCraft II on Blizzard's site, and I was so excited for SC2 that I decided to boot up Brood War. Man, I got *****. Oh well, great game.

Wow...that was an interesting story Davis. You should get the second one now!! Just don't have such ridiculously bad luck with it...
That's quite some story, and funny too. I guess you'll have to play the second one now.
In retrospect, it was. But the near mention of Golden Sun makes me very angry. Unfortunately, I liked the first one so much (despite its bull****) that I will eventually play and beat the second one. Hopefully with 100% less bull****.

Aye. Unfortunately, I think Brawl came out just as our scene was kicking into gear. We were starting to have monthlies, power rankings, multi-state tournaments, and gaining the ability to travel OOS when Brawl killed Melee. Ah well, now it's the same community, just a different game.
Agreed.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Huzzah!

Banjo-Kazooie. Every jiggy, note, honeycomb piece, cheato spell, bottles code and stopnswop egg/key in the game. Done and done. Now, on to Banjo-Tooie. Why, you ask? Preparation for GOTY 2008, that's why.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Wait.... Is Banjo Threeie (or whatever it's called haha) coming out this year?

Top Bottom