• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hopefully. I'm not sure tho. Moneys tight. Wraith offered to pay for my entrance fee but gas and the lack of making money at work are kicking my *** right now

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Davis I might actually be able to make it to the monthly afterall.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Couldn't you get a ride from someone else? And yeah, I'm sure we could all pitch in a $1 or something to pay for you to go. Money shouldn't be an issue if you try. Sorry to hear that, though.

Nice Everett! I look forward to playing your Snake in the tournament. Snake vs. Wolf, son.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I will try really hard to make it k :D I just need to get the request off as soon as possible. My boss is being an *** tho

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
LOWER REVENUE FEE!!! Dfg gave me the green light for the 22$ revenue fee instead of 30 =) That makes me happy!

Hey guys. What's up? I haven't been very active in here lately. I probably haven't played Brawl in like 2-3 weeks either, so we'll see how that goes down. Yea...I have this crazy new thing called free-time now though, anyone ever heard of it? Well, apparantly, you get to do whatever you want in it. Therefore, I begin my training in earnest. Here I come.

A monthly? That's cool. When was it again?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello, New Mexico.

I will be your new Moderator here in the Southwest forums. If you have any burning issues, requests, complaints, etc... you can bring them to me.

Thanks!
-AltF4

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, thanks to the closure of my other thread I know have to use this **** hole of a thread. Great.

Plans for tournaments, guys? Should we see how everything looks after Supercon first or what?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Well, in truth, your post probably didn't need its own thread. Granted, it'll be harder to keep everyone on subject in this thread, but that's our problem, not the board's. Maybe Everett could change the title to "NM Thread (Discussing OOS Tournament Plans atm)" or something?

Anyway, here's what I think. Everyone should get AZ ok'd with their parents ASAP. Even if you're undecided about going, you'll at least have the option. Then immediately after supercon we start concrete planning.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. What up Smashers. CCCT for Smash is going to be HUGE. With about 70+ smashers signed up and probably another 10+ coming at the door you know one wants to miss this event. This will be biggest Smash Brawl tournament to date. LETS GET CUTTHROAT!!!

www.coloradocutthroat.com/CCCT.php

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Twins I need your help with my monologue still. Lewis should have told you about it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey, don't be knocking on DFG. He's just trying to drum up OOS interest. You guys are missing out on a $768+ pot for 1st in singles by ditching this. It's like.... 6 hours, and you can't make that? How're you ever gonna go OOS? D: D: D:

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Hey, don't be knocking on DFG. He's just trying to drum up OOS interest. You guys are missing out on a $768+ pot for 1st in singles by ditching this. It's like.... 6 hours, and you can't make that? How're you ever gonna go OOS? D: D: D:

I agree. Don't be hurting on DFG. As Interim said, he's just trying to get OOS players interested in CCCT. Also, he's the one organizing the NVGA SuperCon. Give the man some props.

BTW sorry Interim, I wanted to go to CCCT but there's going to be State wide track meet the day before. Not to mention that the big NM brawl tournament is on that day as well. Sorry, but I'd rather go to a big tournament in my own state than another.

I promise on my life's blood that I will make an effort to come to the next CCCT.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You are my hero. I apologize for the trash talking in the previous OOS discussion thread you made.

I swear, the guy's a broken tape player. "Yo, this is DancingFighter...." *shoots himself*

At least someone agrees with me. Thank you.

I don't care if he is drumming up OOS interest. He's said the exact same thing like 5 times in the past three days [/exaggeration].

Anyways, yeah, I'll definitely go to the next CCCT anyways.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We might be holding a big tournament this month or next, not sure just yet, but I may be moving to the midwest, in which case, I want to get as much time with all of the SW's good smashers, since MN's scene leaves something to be desired. I might be forced to retire, or just play WFC. D:

sLicK.tdf

Smash Apprentice
You guys should look into AZ's summer tournament in june. cizber.com for the info and pre-register. any questions you guys have, come to the AZ thread.

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
Uh...so the tourney is tomorrow, and I have no clue where it is or what time to be there...I think I can google maps me up some help with the first, but what time does it start?

Tourney's in AZ and in CO, huh? Sounds like a lotta fun. The final CCCT tourney is probably in the summer, so we can go to that one. Also, there is NVGA Nationals, which may also be linked to our NVGA program here. So if we do well in the Supercon here, we may get the chance to go to nationals anyways. Plus now we know of tourneys in AZ...we should go to some of them too.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya we should try to at least make 2 of them. But then again with my luck and summer courses coming my way, travel is going to be a pain in the a.ss

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Good luck, Kyle. We'll **** for you in the Smash tournaments then. Funny seeing you at the movie theater at Forbidden Kingdom. Jackie Chan is the drunken master B)!

So, I think it is official. Let's start planning and asking parents to go to Arizona!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Hm, you guys COULD wander a bit eastward and happen to end up in Lubbock the same day we have a tournament.

However, that might have to wait four or five months, because a majority of Lubbock's crowd is from Dallas, and going home for the summer. But, it may be an idea worth considering if you all still remember by that time. After all, we do get tired of just playing each other.

However, we can't promise Forward's attendance. Sorry. I request your understanding there.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dude, I don't give a **** who is at a tournament. The only reason I would even care that a "celebrity" is present is so that I can humiliate them.

Just give the NM thread a shout out when you got some details on the tournament. I think we'd like to attend.

Top Bottom