• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tw1n

Smash Champion
I need to get online with my wii again. Its been awhile tho since the wifi I'm using(...) isn't working out so well. Wow its been forever since I've been on here. We need to have a monthly already. I'm getting bored with playing Brawl with no one new (in person)

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
What's up everybody?

I hope you guys had a fun time at my house on saturday. I wasn't originally intending for it to be a smashfest but everybody was calling me so I changed my mind. Anyways, sorry about the small space. I usually have my fests downstairs where there is way more space/room.

Also, sorry Davis/Neil about the yelling/johning. It's just that Brawl is an incredibly frustrating game to play competitively right now. Sorry about that, I got a little carried away.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Based on the smashfest last weekend I'd say it's relatively even amongst us, with Davis edging out everyone else and me coming in behind him.

Also, I got my Wii online! FC=1848-1597-0442. I'mma go through and add everyone now.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I need to play Kash's wolf. i heard its amazing. but we shall see who's on top after the first tournament =D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
By the way, the supercon is using the NMSC ruleset now.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I haven't been online since I played ZMan on my friends wii. Oh and by the way Z. Yes the constant pk fire made me want to kill myself =D

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Farmington is having its first Brawl tourney next month. And yes this one will happen. lol. We already have a gaming center agreeing to allowing us to hold one. Cash prize of course. It will be in our mall. I assume Durango will come and hopefully some of you guys can as well. Weird thing is that its on a sunday at 9am. So smashfest night before? if housing is provided? i dont know but i would again enjoy playing you guys.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
13th or 20th next month whichever works for the majority. 10$. Cash money prize.

PS I think NM is going to be something fierce in the community of brawl. Why? because i have not read any johns. People are comparing melee and brawl and say melee is better? its a DIFFERENT game. We are true gamers, and true gamers adapt.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Do you when the tournament is going to be?

Kash is trying to hold a tournament next month as well. So an approximate date would be helpful.

Man, it has been a crazy week. The combination of track practice and brawl is top tier. Also, I believe that Erich might be holding a smashfest at his house on saturday. It's still uncomfirmed but he'll be sure to let everyone know if he does.

Edit: Never mind (regarding the date).

No Johns? I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: ADD MY FRIEND CODE...so far only 3 people have - zach, cameron, and some other guy that posted here a while ago, kfischy. WTF.
allegedly most of you have added me. but allegedly my wii hasn't responded, nor has your wii. allegedly I'm pissed. and allegedly this will start a huge argument on this thread, which is what I'm trying to accomplish . . . allegedly.

if Erich isn't having a party this saturday, then I'll throw you guys one.
Details:
My house, Saturday the 29th from 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Bring TVs/Wiis with Brawl/GCN controller if you can etc.
Edit again, if any of you are registered for the Smash Wars online tournament with WiFi wars...

1. you could come early like 11:00 a.m. and we can have special setups for the registration and tourney,
2. you could be an *** and stay home (which I actually recommend)
3. you could forget the tourney and brawl with your lagless NM friends

I plan to invite a few other people too (maybe the breens/burgards)

that's about it. I'm thinking about maining ike too...

Edit again: lol Johnny, did you know that when I first played brawl . . . I kinda didn't appreciate it as much as I did now. I'll give davis the honors if you care
but now I'm totally obsessed (I finished all the challenges/100% subspace/have all 258 songs) currently working on phanna (getting all 700 stickers and 544 trophies)

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Dude, who cares about Brawl. Now that I got my Wii online I downloaded Super Metroid and all three Donkey Kong Country games.

**** yeah.

But yeah, I'll probably show up from sometime to sometime on saturday.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
EDIT: ADD MY FRIEND CODE...so far only 3 people have - zach, cameron, and some other guy that posted here a while ago, kfischy. WTF.
allegedly most of you have added me. but allegedly my wii hasn't responded, nor has your wii. allegedly I'm pissed. and allegedly this will start a huge argument on this thread, which is what I'm trying to accomplish . . . allegedly.

if Erich isn't having a party this saturday, then I'll throw you guys one.
Details:
My house, Saturday the 29th from 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Bring TVs/Wiis with Brawl/GCN controller if you can etc.
Edit again, if any of you are registered for the Smash Wars online tournament with WiFi wars...

1. you could come early like 11:00 a.m. and we can have special setups for the registration and tourney,
2. you could be an *** and stay home (which I actually recommend)
3. you could forget the tourney and brawl with your lagless NM friends

I plan to invite a few other people too (maybe the breens/burgards)

that's about it. I'm thinking about maining ike too...

Edit again: lol Johnny, did you know that when I first played brawl . . . I kinda didn't appreciate it as much as I did now. I'll give davis the honors if you care
but now I'm totally obsessed (I finished all the challenges/100% subspace/have all 258 songs) currently working on phanna (getting all 700 stickers and 544 trophies)
haha I did actually sign up for the online wifiwars/smashboards tourney. But that was before I played brawl online for the first time and realized how laggy the matches were. In short, online brawl sucks and I would much rather play lag free matches with my fellow NM smashers.

Alphabravo said:
brawl online is going to fail miserably
An old post from about 9 months ago...I hate it when I'm right.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well said Paul. I work from 10 a.m. till 11 p.m. tomorrow :( I keep missing out on all these smashfests and I know I'm going to get it handed to me at the first tournament because of that. DANG IT!!! When is that huge wifiwars/smashboards tourny again? And when/where (specifically) is our monthly!!!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Paul I actually have had a lot of good online matches with little to no lag. Me and G-reg for example. I actually like the online a bit right now.

edit:
Sinz said:
Haha paul, your a funny little rhino.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
2-minute ffa matches with items or no items, no voice chat, heavy amounts of lag, takes forever to find a match...please explain to me how brawl online is good.

I do understand that friend matches are much better but brawl online, overall, just plain sucks.

Well, they just posted the pools for the online tournament. Everyone who is going to participate better find your pool and post your friend codes asap.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I had half a second of lag playing Zman...ridiculous. Nintendo needs to get on that ****. I don't believe anyone has had any good online matches...admit it Everett, you just wanted to brag about having played G-reg XD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lag isn't so much Ninty's fault anymore. Most anyone I play with a good connection lags about 2 frames, if that. If you're lagging, I'd hafta just say that NM'S WIFI SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Don't worry, I'm just ridiculously tired, and unable to sleep. =D!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No problem. Yeah its true. I did want to brag that i played him, but i did have a very good connection to him. I didn't have lag.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Lag isn't so much Ninty's fault anymore. Most anyone I play with a good connection lags about 2 frames, if that. If you're lagging, I'd hafta just say that NM'S WIFI SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Don't worry, I'm just ridiculously tired, and unable to sleep. =D!
In that case...NM needs to get on that ****.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
BTW Interim, we've met on only two occasions, the tourney with forward and one at Taylor Ranch a long time ago. I've added your Brawl FC :p

I've stepped on a little ****. Not that much though. It's your turn, NM!!!
I bet you've all looked around to reduce online lag as much as I have, but here's what you really should do: (i'm not going into detail)

1. Connect to your router (the IP Address with the security login)
2. Change the channels from default "6" to channel "1", since 1 works best with the Wii's frequency. It doesn't affect anything else.
3. TELL THE REST OF NM YOUR ISP!!! (internet service provider)

My ISP is Qwest, sadly. I hate their DSL. I used to have and love comcast...now I miss it :urg:

About the party today, not that many people are coming. ****. We might have an extra setup...

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Neil, I'll come to your party for a while. Can I have your number so I can find out how to get there?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Wraith: my home number is (505) 880-8740
cell number i s (505) 400-9215

My house is at 3905 General Bradley NE (near the intersection of Montgomery and Wyoming) zip code 87111

ALL NM BRAWLERS- DO NOT DELETE REPLAY DATA. SAVE THEM FOR COMBO VIDEOS :)

Top Bottom