• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No four corners smash tourney for me I choose the secret ginormis X-topia tourney over this one.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Even if I did go Neil I wouldn't have been able to play at my best. My heads been spinning and I haven't been able to even stand all day :(
(Although I still would have owned you all!!!! Lol I'm jk guys).

Don't worry I'll start training again so our next matches will be awesome :)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm way sorry to hear about that, Kyle. I hope you guys feel better.

I swear, like every time we faced off, you said mindgames at least once... yet I three stocked your doc at FD and whatnot[/quote[

That sounds like a challenge Falco vs. Doc $5 MM?

tw1n

Smash Champion
And another MM challenge made by Kash. I swear Kash you hold the Smash World Record for most MM challenges. But at least it helps you improve ;D

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I feel like I let you all down :'( But even when I thought I was fine I ended up becoming worse than before... but no need to go into details there.

So when is the next tourny? Anything at ninja monkey on the 1st?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hmm... top ranked player... virtually unbeatable at the game... never would have thought he would want to win easy money :p

Hmmm...in that case, I'll have to beat KDJ if he ever wants to MM me. He ain't takin' no money from me, no siree.

Anyways, sorry I wasn't able to make it to your house Neil. I did want to go, but I got a little busy with my two uncles in town. One from Iraq, and the other from Washington D.C. Both in the military. It was their last day in town before they left, so yea. Spent all day over there, it was pretty cool. I almost beat my uncle in an arm-wrestle, the one that's going back to Iraq and his arm is like literally 3 times the size of mine. I guess I've got more muscle and he's got more fat on that arm. HA!!!! Sorry about that random rant, I just had to say it.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Lol, looks like I need to change my signature too! But come on, seeing an animated marth in New Mexico trying to swing a cut-off hilt that looks like a double-edged axe looks pretty freaking cool :) too bad since it's cancelled PERMANENTLY....

I accept your challenge Davis. Prepare to lose a piece of green paper! BWAHAHAHAHA! And I shall prepare for that $5 to go towards a scrumptious frosty float in the winter and win a Wii-cubed. [/boastfulness] See, I can still make running gags . . .

And Erich, it's cool that you tried to come. Besides, we were kinda crowded already, Davis had stolen your 2 cheese slices, Guitar Hero had made us have a shortage of TVs, but other than that, arm wrestling with a war veteran beats my idea. It must've been cool to see your family nearby Thanksgiving too :cool:

Oh, and about pound 3. I'm not going to make poverty johns, but I'm going to make transportation johns. There is no way in hell that my parents will let me buy a nearly-thousand dollar plane ticket just to play video games for one weekend. My limit is probably Arizona/Colorado/Utah/Texas/Mexico (twin ftw)/and Oklahoma (maybe)...

*sob* just one week before brawl's ghostly evil twin hits the market
Neil

EDIT: Maybe we should hurry up and make plans for Seizure of Power 9 and/or Final Smash 2 SOS' Revenge?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha maybe Neil. We shall have to see. Where's Seizure of Power 9 and Final Smash 2 SOS' Revenge whatever things at?

Oh and Kash vs KDJ... is KDJ going all out or half *****... and with what character? If its Fox, Sheik, Marth or Pichu sorry Kash but 4 stock there. Anyone else and a 3 stock if you land the right hits and get alot of luck on your side

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
1. I think I would get 4 stocked by Chu Dat playing with one hand before KDJ playing with two, haha. Chu Dat frightens me how well he plays with one hand.
2. I bet I could get KDJ to 3 stock if I tried.

Hmmm...it's a possibility. Don't ever doubt, just do. I say right now that I would beat ChuDat if he played one handed against me, I don't care how good he is. I will not be mocked like that. That would be ridiculous...all hope of playing Brawl would be lost. Then, when he played me two handed, I'd STILL win!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although it would probably be much closer that time.

Well, looks like Pound 3 is a little too far away, and at melee's end is in Canada...darn. I'll go look at some more tourneys like the two the twins suggested and get a good idea as to what ones we could attend and on what dates. I thought Pound 3 was in CA for some reason, guess that's why I suggested it.

I think that Final Smash 2 SOS' Revenge is looking a little more promising than Seizure of Power 9. Partly because we have far more time to prepare for it than SoP, and the turnout is most likely going to be far bigger. Better prizes, and people as well. We all know we could take UT, but we don't know about all of Texas, we've never played their best. Except Alpha, who annhilated them. So even then, we're still well off, but there are many, many other people coming to this. OK's thinking of coming, who has the supposed 'best' player in the nation right now, according to MGC, as well as many other states and people that we have never played against. It would be a far better tournament experience than SoP, and we would learn so much more. I say FS2. What say you?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
When and were was FS2 again? But I agree, NM needs to attend at least one decent tourney and show everyone how good we are.

And I would be careful against chu, being and IC's main ive watched a lot of his videos. He even makes Y. Link look top tier. Plus if you fight his IC's like mine you would get owned (because sorry there is no IC player even close to Chu. Wobbles is great but still no Chu)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya when where and how much is what I'm wondering...

And ya no IC's will ever come even close to matching ChuDats. He's just too freakin good

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Mary Land Eh? Feb 2nd and 3rd eh? That would be awesome if we all went in one huge bus; partying straight till we get there. I can see it now.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
haha does someone want to look into how much bus tickets cost? I can see it now, all of us NM kids riding the Greyhound all the ways down there... with my luck all of us would be on complete opposite sides of the bus :p

But seriously it would take longer but it may be cheaper than plane tickets. Just another suggestion to throw out there lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
You don't even have photoshop Kyle...

But ha ha great. Just as long as we vote on school colors! No more of the worst possible looking uniforms to ever exist!!!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Do you guys really want to go all the way to ML? That's crazy far away. Exact opposite of us.

I don't know why I'm *****in at you, I'm actually going ^.^ Anybody wanna tag along? go to Cheaptickets.com, search for round trip, if you get them soon they are only like 150 round trip, good deal. And BTK, you are my doubles partner if you go. I can see it now (DM1's Peach with BTK's Marth)... Anywho, I'm still down for all my money matches. I'll be back on the 15th.

tw1n

Smash Champion
See you then. I expect a good match hopefully. Hey BTK, how good is Dark??? Or anyone else who has played him?

...Or should I just ask you Dark. How good are you? And based on the fact you use Peach I'm guessing don't go IC's against you lol

Twin_A

Smash Champion
haha Ill still face his peach with IC's. it wont be a pretty site, but i'll try :p

hmmm ~150 airline, plus the events thats ~50, plus food and any other random expenses ~20. So in total we would need to save up ~220. And for those of us who pay bills we will need to save up a little extra to make up for the says we miss from work so Im going to say roughly 300 is needed as soon as possible.

Yeah I can't go lol. Out of my price range by a long shot :(
unless I win the lottery. Then Ill pay for everyone (good) in NM to go :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya... not happening for anyone here I think.

Hey Alpha. When you were at MGC did you play a guy named Caveman by any chance?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wait, what?! Come on, FS2 sounds like a great idea! Let's commit! Coooome oooon. I bet if we buy all our tickets together we can get some sort of discount, or split up costs amongst each other. Come on, come on! It'd be great! Not only for the Smash, but it would be an adventure in and of itself. It would be sooooo awesome! Come on!

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like it would be a lot of fun but money is definitely an issue... maybe if I start saving now...

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Final Smash 2 is in San Antonio. There's a thread about it in the southwest section of regional zones if you want to look into it. It's January 19/20. San Antonio might actually be close enough to drive...

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I just came up with mine and David's temporarily official team name: Your Moms My Sweet Spot
We came up with this while playing against Wraith cuz either he or David had a beautiful sweet spot on the ledge and yelled "sweet spot for the win" (probably dave) and i yelled "your moms my sweet spot" :p
Sounds more like a crew name tho...
But till then we'll use it as our team name :p

Top Bottom