• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Calling someone a nerd on a video game forum would be like calling someone fat at one of Subway Jared's motivational speeches...

And metal is AWWWEEESOMEEEEE.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow...that was the most intensive listing of rules for ANYTHING I've ever seen. Wow. How long'd you spend on that post?? *Wink*

Anyways, I am quite literally surprised with the attitude in which you guys accept what I listen to. Normally that draws a lot of attention to me as a super nerd, but hey it's true. I don't just listen to that though. On the radio I'm a very varying person. In the car, I listen to a lot more rock/whatever else there is. I do like Paramour, and Three Doors Down, people like that. Never rap though...no way. Or metal of any kind. I'm not quite that extreme.
I spent about 20-25 minutes on it trying to remember everything lol. But it started out as 3 rules and I realized 3 was not nearly enough to compensate for everything. So ya... :D

The longer the trip the more picky I get with music. But I listen to pretty much all still. I just hope for a good trip. Who ever rides with us, we should bring snacks or drinks. I want to bring beef jerky/slim jims or something to that extent

Hehehe, interesting way of putting it. They are a darned good band, I'll give them that. I don't think they're my favorite, but they're OK. AWESOME guitarist though.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Dragonforce are pretty wicked. But Ferdi's right that a lot of their songs sound the same as well.

I guess the smasher's way of putting it would be that Dragonforce have excellent tech skill but no mindgames.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha wow. And now you know who spends too much time holding a gamecube controller ;) Just messing GG. But ya I've heard 3 songs of theirs... all sound very similar

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, their songs sound similar... and what?

Better than Daft Punk who has the same five words repeating over and over and after one minute the beat just repeats for four more minutes.

Dragonforce doesn't vary it up much (though you can't say they don't if you haven't listened to the last song on Inhuman Rampage) but I still like them regardless. They have really inspirational and varying lyrics (the Inhuman Rampage even tells a story from front to back via lyrics), epic guitar solos, and Herman Lee.

Yeah, definitely Herman Lee.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Yeah, their songs sound similar... and what?

Better than Daft Punk who has the same five words repeating over and over and after one minute the beat just repeats for four more minutes.

Dragonforce doesn't vary it up much (though you can't say they don't if you haven't listened to the last song on Inhuman Rampage) but I still like them regardless. They have really inspirational and varying lyrics (the Inhuman Rampage even tells a story from front to back via lyrics), epic guitar solos, and Herman Lee.

Yeah, definitely Herman Lee.
*Herman Li

tw1n

Smash Champion
So if Dragonforce was a player they would be Neil!!!! haha im jk bro.
Ha ha thats awesome :) Kinda true too. But he is getting better about it.

Dragonforce is good yes, very inspirational, but hard to sit through a whole album of

tw1n

Smash Champion
Offspring is pretty good.I'm a huge fan of Linkin Park. Mostly Hybrid theory because that was their best work. I'm going to try putting together the compilation of songs for the trip by tomorrow. But I know thats not going to happen completely yet. Any suggestions for songs?

Hey KenGeedorahTakeMeToYourLeaderInParenthesis, who is your main now in smash?

tw1n

Smash Champion
We can introduce you too it Erich. Just to broaden your musical horizon :D

And Kash. I have every CD and song of offsprings. Plus its not going to be road rage stuff. Just music that we like but doesn't involve pure screaming or anything offensive. But everyone can make CDs and we may listen to them either heading down there or back k :)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm going to burn some comedy rountinues to listen to like Daniel Tosh and Lewis Black. We need some laughs from someone other than ourselves after awhile, don't ya think? I alos have Dane Cook's latest CD.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I will get some Pablo Fransisco, Dane Cook, Lewis Black, Robin Williams, George Carlin and more if I can k. All on one CD

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Or Quinn Rol, he is a funny one too. Or Rustyn Brandt! Idiot, but funny.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I've heard those guys. They are funny. Then there are all the great comedians who no one knows their names. I'm probably going to be laughing like crazy while making this CD (saying that I can get to it)

Top Bottom