• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
...Ok.

Moving on. Yep, I look forward to it. By the way, my phone got shut off so if you texted me back I never got it, Kyle.

Also, my mom wants to meet Lewis or someone else going on the trip like Kyle or David. She just wants to know who I'm going with. *sigh* Concerned parents, lol.

I might make you guys do that for me too. I agree, I wouldn't doubt you're good with parents. I'm going to FORCE a straight answer out of them today is my goal. Yep. We'll see how that goes.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Good luck Erich. Get a yes ok. And ya that morning will probably be alright. Where should everyone meet up for the Farmington tourny before we leave?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I was thinking everyone should just crash at Lewis' if at all possible. Its in rio rancho but so its just a lil closer to farmington. And then we can leave early in the morning for it (because it will be a 3-4 hour drive and the tournament starts at 10. That means we need to leave around 6 am or so just in case) If everyone or almost everyone crashes there, we wont have to worry about waiting on someone who forgot to set their alarm clock. I would prefer it at least if everyone riding with lewis does (unless Erich you wanted to follow us down there then you all should too)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I agree. Sounds like a plan.

Also, I believe it is only a 3 hour drive if you follow the speed limit to the number, but we could easily get there in like, 2 and a half without going much faster.

tw1n

Smash Champion
ya it a 2 to 3 hour drive. So if we leave by 6 its a safe bet we will get there a little early to set up and most importantly eat breakfast!

Yea, good idea. I'd like to drive down there with you guys and follow you, if that's alright. We can plan that out in this coming week though. And where to eat when we get down there.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Good idea. Breakfast is a must. Just careful to make sure your hands don't get too greasy D=!

When I went to the Play 'n' Trade tournament my hands were salty when I started playing. I couldn't hold my control worth a ****. Haha.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Thanksgiving Smashfest

That monthly kicked *** and thanks for being an awesome host as usual Steven :)
If I'm in the mood I'll post shoutouts on that thread and whatnot..but here's what I want to get across first:

We need to give thanks . . . to Nintendo and HAL for making more than just a game.
So, I'm hosting a smashfest at my house on November 24th, and if enough people can stop by Thanksgiving weekend, then I'll host a tourney.

Location: My house off Montgomery and Wyoming. Here is the address and directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...te=NM&zipcode=87111-3152&country=US&geodiff=1

Date and Time: On Saturday, November 24th where you should stop by at about 1:00 pm till probably 9:00 pm depending on how long you can stay.

You know the rules. BYOC and if you can, please bring a TV and GCN.
Post here if you can come. NM seriously needs to practice up before the 4Corners Tourney.

Sliraobe God - aka the falco who shined out of an IC chaingrab.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I will try to make it. Ya we will plan everything out k. And ya we can all drive together. If possible Erich, you and Paul should crash at Lewis' place. But we shall see right. Anyways... so that tournament was good

It was indeed good.

I think I can go, I don't know though. I'll have to ask my parents to see if they'll let me do Smash three weekends in a row!!! There's other reasons, but I don't feel like listing them. Too lazy.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Haha Lewis David and I used to play a game very similar to that. But what we used was just glasses of water and 3 way matches. The loser had to drink 2 glasses and the top 2 only drank one. Last one to go to the bathroom won.

EDIT: I like his spectator mode idea tho haha

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha drinking = bad news trust me. I've been through that. Now try doing that with water and see who can go the longest without using the bathroom. Loser drinks 2 cups everyone else drinks 1. Lewis (aka Havox) will win because he has the bladder of a whale

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha, I would win. That sounds like fun. Here is my rendition, also:

MLG rules, standard 4 stock game. For every stock you have left at the end of the match, take a shot. If you lose all four stock, take two shots. That way if you consistently lose, you still progressively get drunk, but the person who continues to win doesn't stay sober. The more drunk the other players are, the more likely they'll lose faster, and the more stock the winner will have.

EVERY IS HAPPY AND DRUNK BY THE END!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Or being rushed to the hospital for intoxication T-T Drinking games need to be played in more moderation then that. I dare you Kash to take 4 shots of tequila withing about a 10 minute time frame and stay standing. If you can do that then 8 shots withing 20. Because thats what you would be going through... thats pretty extreme. Unless you plan on doing it with the cheapest stuff or nyquil then I doubt you will survive to play another day.

Now I want to play the water game lol. Kyle, Lewis, I challenge you!!!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Lol, drinking games.

Funny you should mention it, because I was at Santa Fe from Wednesday to Friday for Model UN (the most political governmental like class someone could possibly take. I despise it.) Everybody drank at night and smoked hooka (I don't know how to spell it, the Arabic tobacco). Even I pitched in 5 bucks each night . . . and drank. I don't know how I managed to play on Saturday though :psycho:

So, my little smashfest is open to EVERYONE, THAT INCLUDES YOU TEAM NUB!!! I would honestly prefer for it not to be a sleepover, but if you guys want to crash here on Friday, that works too. It's just that weekend will probably be extremely cold, so unless you can take the "heat", just stay on Saturday.

If you sleepover, it's open at 7 pm friday to 9 pm ish saturday
So, come over anytime in between :)
There'll be pizza :)

Oh, and about my OC3 DVD. I'll have saved up enough by next week, so I should have it in on the Winter Break monthly. That's my little Christmas present to you all :chuckle:

Neil

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sweet OC3 dvd!!! We are definitely watching it. I will also be there Sat from 1 till at least 3 or 4 k

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, I have a b-day party to go to at 7pm Saturday, so unless you meant 7 am, I can't go.

I wanna be invited to the water game =(

And no, not straight drinking. There would be a good long break between matches because that is extremely hardcore and too much to handle.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Neils thing starts at 1 so just be there then. And it would be boring waiting too long between matches

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
ZOMG! manacloud is making up for the overly priced DVD with a bonus $5 OC2 dvd :)
Woot! and he might throw in a bonus of a $10 t-shirt instead of $20..but I doubt it but omg omg omg oc3 oc3 oc3 zero challenge 3 zero challenge 3 zero challenge 3 :psycho: :psycho:

About the comeover, there is no sleepover on friday.
That means the time for the one-day party, since there was so much confusion, is FROMSaturday, November 24 at about 1:00 pm in the afternoon TO Saturday, November 24 at 9:00 pm ish, but you can stay later if you want.

EDIT: It snowed on Thanksgiving and Friday... what do we do? I really don't want you guys driving so far on Saturday with the slick roads and whatnot. it's probably not going to melt today either . . . be careful.

EDIT 2: Here are the people that are hopefully coming:
1. David
2. Kyle
3. Lewis
4. Chefman
5. Paul #2 (not sure)
6. Davis
7. Steven?
8. Cameron and crew, which means
9. Jordan
10. Doug
11. David
12. Daniel

and I'm not sure if any of TEAM NUB are coming, but they better :mad::mad:
One last thing, please bring TVs and Gamecubes!

Sliraobe God

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys, a few things:
First of all, if any of you smashers, that includes those who aren't coming to this comeover, want to call me, please call me at my awesome new Nokia which I just got a few hours ago :) at (505) 400-9215

Second of all, Davis here's the list of who's bringing what . . .

I have two TVs, one wii, and one GCN... (so I need just one extra copy of melee)
Kyle bringing 1 TV and GCN
Hopefully another friend will bring TV and GCN
That makes 4 TVs and Gamecubes, and I think 8 people are guaranteed to come.
So, Davis, to clear it up, I'll be nice. Just bring your copy of melee :) and mem card

Yep, I think I've cleared up everything. You all are 2 kewl

Neil

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for coming over everybody, I think we all had fun :)
I'm sorry that the twinz, Lewis, and chefman couldn't make it, but I would seriously get the flu for you guys. Besides, this Thanksgiving break was too good.

Some surprise guests showed up and we jammed out our inner rock legend at Guitar Hero III for at least 3 hours...
And smash was awesome too, here are a few random shoutouts:

Davis: I swear, like every time we faced off, you said mindgames at least once... yet I three stocked your doc at FD and whatnot. But your falco...it was pretty close. I'll find a way out of your grab combos. Dunno what else to say, but at least come to the next monthly!!! Anyways, it was cool to see you after forever.

Steven: No johns, but my marth was off. It would have had your CF and fox had it not been for the gay shine->uthrow bull or the shieldgrab->dthrow->knee crap. And your DK...*crickets chirping*. My falco didn't get to play your CF/fox enough, but until next time :lick:

Yep, good times. Still though, everytime I try to do something, Team Nub never shows up. B****** Need To Die!!

Top Bottom