• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh. Sorry about that. I got caught up in other things, sorry about that.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
and even then. 1... 2... 3... SHOTGUN.

Yes, I have called shotgun one month before the trip
BULL**** BULL**** BULL****! THOSE ARE THE BIGGEST SHENANIGANS EVER! Omg...
You can't do that... but I don't care.

I CALL THE BACK, THEN!

Yes, I actually want the back. If I can't have shotgun and my choices are sit with gf and bf or back, back totally. I like the back, actually. I would've chosen it regardless.

So I get the back, ******.

Also... what Neil? If they don't want to play us too bad for them. They can stay ****ty.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Jeez, apparently you guys hate my friends. (I do too, don't worry. Those *******s apparently don't know how to tolerate competetive smash for over 3 hours. Psh..)

ZOMG guess what NM. One of my friends, however, isn't a ***** and just so happens to be named Zach and just so happens to go to my school. He also just so happens to be a former member of SWF. He also just so happens to be in the falco finder under the name ZMAN!
You heard me once and you heard me again folks. Zman is back.

Side note #2: I can't take it any longer. I am seriously considering ordering the OC3 DVD. Maybe on the next monthly or whenever it gets shipped, we can spend an hour or two at NinjaMonkey watching the DVD or something (with lots of popcorn).
Sounds like a sound plan to me.

Neil

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Jeez, apparently you guys hate my friends. (I do too, don't worry. Those *******s apparently don't know how to tolerate competetive smash for over 3 hours. Psh..)

ZOMG guess what NM. One of my friends, however, isn't a ***** and just so happens to be named Zach and just so happens to go to my school. He also just so happens to be a former member of SWF. He also just so happens to be in the falco finder under the name ZMAN!

Side note #2: I can't take it any longer. I am seriously considering ordering the OC3 DVD. Maybe on the next monthly or whenever it gets shipped, we can spend an hour or two at NinjaMonkey watching the DVD or something (with lots of popcorn).

Neil
Lol, no one said they hated your friends, or even disliked them, or anything negative about them really. Just that they need to compete if they want to get better. Don't be so quick to insult people.

Also, if Zman returns to the NM smash scene, sweet. He still owes me a $5 MM bill XD

Also also, that oc3 dvd idea sounds swell.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Guys whatever happened to that NM tourney that was supposed to be hosted by Sinz and company in October/November? Is it cancelled due to the December 1st 4 corners tourney?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace

Neil
Zman?! I haven't seen that guy at a tournament in about a year and a half. Tell him to come to the next monthly.

Guys whatever happened to that NM tourney that was supposed to be hosted by Sinz and company in October/November? Is it cancelled due to the December 1st 4 corners tourney?

Yes, it is. We were planning to hold a november tournament but we ended up having to cancel it due to the 4corners tournament. We may decide to hold another tournament in January but it is still up in the air.

ZMAN?!?!?!?!?!?!? QWAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I like the idea of watching the OC3 DVD at the monthly for a while. There's a CRAP-LOAD of stuff on it, so it should be good.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Heh, why so insistent that Zman isn't going to the tournament? He could be, I hope he is.

And by the way, to everyone I'm riding with to the tournament. I got an FM transmitter that lets you play mp3 players through the stereo, so bring your mp3 players if you want to listen to anything on em on the way there.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I've got a better one, it charges my ipod and plays through the radio flawlessly..

Also, Twins. Who is you best friend.

Cmon what other smasher can say I visited you guys at work.

Also, I know where you work....

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lewis is our best friend lol. And ya you came and visited I just wish my boss wasn't there cuz I would have hooked you and your family up. Maybe next time.

And for the trip I'm going to be making new CD's out the *** with kick *** music on it for the trip. For a guaranteed 6 plus hours of bad *** ness just incase.

F.Y.I. My girlfriend may have to do a family thing that day so if thats the case there will be one mroe open seat in Lewis' jeep. So far there i guaranteed 1 seat and then the back. Whoever wants to grab them better call it before its too late. I think Kash said he likes it in the back somewhere. Hmm... But we all get the idea

Hmmm...I've got a lot of music too, but my music is very...unconventional, hehehe. Let's just put it that way. I like my music, it's very calm, relaxing. Not all of it though, I've got some good songs on there, like the Devil Went Down to Georgia or Kryptonite, but most of it is different. Soundtracks, remixes, classical, new age, etc...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Thats some good music. But what we are going to be listening to some harder stuff. Not that screaming crap. But more like disturbed and stuff. Maybe to freak people out I will throw in Bethoven lol

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I have a bunch of music as well, of most every genre, except country and rap. I actually like country and rap as well, just haven't put any of it on my mp3 player.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sounds like everyone has pretty similar tastes in music. I like just about everything other than country and rap, but I can tolerate it. I love Disturbed, System of a Down, the Offspring, AND Beethoven mutha ****as.

Really, anything will be fine. I'll burn some CDs, too.

And yes, I do like it in the back. Oh so much. =P

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Thats some good music. But what we are going to be listening to some harder stuff. Not that screaming crap. But more like disturbed and stuff. Maybe to freak people out I will throw in Bethoven lol
actually at some point Ill bet you lewis will want to put on the harder screaming intense metal stuff lol. but im sure if the majority dont wanna listen to that then he wont. Ill bring along a couple CD's like Offspring greatest hits and maybe some Dane Cook lol.

Everett is our best friend lol. And ya you came and visited I just wish my boss wasn't there cuz I would have hooked you and your family up. Maybe next time.

And for the trip I'm going to be making new CD's out the *** with kick *** music on it for the trip. For a guaranteed 6 plus hours of bad *** ness just incase.

F.Y.I. My girlfriend may have to do a family thing that day so if thats the case there will be one mroe open seat in Lewis' jeep. So far there i guaranteed 1 seat and then the back. Whoever wants to grab them better call it before its too late. I think Kash said he likes it in the back somewhere. Hmm... But we all get the idea
Fix'd

By the way Sinz says that anyone who goes with him if he goes will get to listen to some of his choir music.

Btw, I just realized something. The Twins are A1 sauce.

Also, Sinz listens to paramore, and all the funky gayish bands.

SINZ POSTED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Btw, I just realized something. The Twins are A1 sauce.
Ha ha A1 sauce rules! Hmm... maybe a new team name... doubt it.

And so what if Sinz listens to what he likes. Rule of thumb: Driver picks music. If the driver is kind they will change it for a majority vote

tw1n

Smash Champion
No sorry. Its much more in depth than that. You need to learn the college level of shot gunners/drivers rules. You're playing with the big dogs now Kash, time to get out of the diapers and learn how to play high stakes Get it Right or Get the **** OUT!!! :D

Da Rules:
1) Driver picks music. If the driver is kind they will change it for a majority vote
2) Driver can over rule/veto ANY music.
3) When the driver says shut up, that means seriously, shut up now or you're walking.
4) Shot gun has many duties and responsibilities which they HAVE to be able to handle
5) If the person in shot gun cannot meet the requirements of shot gun, they will be replaced
6) Shot gunners MUST be able to:
-Exchange CD's or handle the radio rapidly and effectively
-Answer any questions that are not worthy for the driver to answer
-Get food/drinks ready for the driver to consume while on the road
-Read the map/directions and clearly give them to the driver in an understanding manner
7) Shot gun is reserved for:
-Best friend
-Significant other
-Reigning Adult (i.e. Parent, family...)
8) If at any point in time the driver needs a rest from driving, shot gunner is automatically first in line for
temporary replacement
9) Calling shot gun first does not mean you will get it. The driver may choose to ban you from the front
seat for any reason necessary.
It can include but is not limited to:
-Bad past experience in shot gun (unforgivable)
-Prefers someone with a better resume
-Just does not want you there
SIDE NOTE: On shorter trips. The first person to be dropped off at their location cannot get shot gun. This avoids playing musical chairs at every stop.
10) MOST IMPORTANT! An angry driver = an angry trip

Hope this helps the younger travelers :)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
you forgot 2 rules that .WE. added lol. Any female who has never called shotgun automatically wins it for sake of politeness. But the second they even jokingly call shotgun its open game.

And if you are the first being dropped off at the end of whatever, you lose all rights to shotgun (to avoid musical chairs at every stop)

tw1n

Smash Champion
This is for extended trips. But in every other trip tyhe second one is true. But the first one about politeness isn't quiet accurate. But that is where rules 5, 7, and 9 come in =P

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oh ya huh. You better come tho Sinz. You are one if NM top smashers and we need all the representatives we can get

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
No sorry. Its much more in depth than that. You need to learn the college level of shot gunners/drivers rules. You're playing with the big dogs now Kash, time to get out of the diapers and learn how to play high stakes Get it Right or Get the **** OUT!!! :D
Whatever..

Wow...that was the most intensive listing of rules for ANYTHING I've ever seen. Wow. How long'd you spend on that post?? *Wink*

Anyways, I am quite literally surprised with the attitude in which you guys accept what I listen to. Normally that draws a lot of attention to me as a super nerd, but hey it's true. I don't just listen to that though. On the radio I'm a very varying person. In the car, I listen to a lot more rock/whatever else there is. I do like Paramour, and Three Doors Down, people like that. Never rap though...no way. Or metal of any kind. I'm not quite that extreme.

Top Bottom