• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh yeah, guys the tourney was yesterday forgotr to tell you guys. I got second. Erkich beat me but I got second cause I beat Paul. He can't fight my shiek.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey guys Samus's Nair is confirmed! Insane isn't! It is just amazing.

Dede can air dodge without AIR DODGING!? MADNESS.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
What tourney...

haha my IC's are learning how to own shieks :D

it was fun playing with ya today wraith

FOR ANYONE GOING TO THE FOUR CORNERS TOURNAMENT.
We should get a head count now or soon and find out who can drive and who can pitch in for gas. Clearly we'll need to take more than one car. So if any of you think you have a car you can use tell us now so we can prepar. We might be able to take one of ours Dave (or we could always see about moms mustang). Anyone getting a ride should pitch in some gas money tho.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If anyone is going to states today I will be there to kill ya!

There was no tournament guys!!! Sinz is being a dork. JK.

I am planning on attending the tournament. I'm not sure if I can drive there, but if not, my parents might take me, so my vehicle is a possible yes. I'll have to ask them to confirm that though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am an idiot.

I was 4-1 6th round playing for top 8 with my Kithkin deck. And time had been called(which then makes a 5 turn rule come into play. I was playing against pickles the slowest effective deck on the planet.) I have game on board,I think that it is turn 4, when it is really turn 5. I bash with all but one so that if they flashed in a mystic snake(2/2 that can be played during my turn) so i don't die. I bash he is at one. 7 cards in hand(which is why I didn't bash with all because i was at 1 and pickles makes it so everything I have is a one time use basically.

Then, the guy calls the judge over and asks judge what turn is it. The judge say turn 5. I lose, because I ended up drawing which made me not qualify.

=(

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Omg. That fails HARD. I'm sorry, Everett. That is one hell of a bummer. Technicalities for the lose.

Oh a lighter and much different note, what was that song you were playing at Erich's house I really liked, Sinz?

And I'll ride with Lewis and pitch in for gas. I've never rode in a jeep before =D!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Its just who ever asks first. Neil also needs a ride and Erich may as well. Who else can drive down there?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Its all good. The jeep wrangler would be way WAY too cold. And the last seat in the jeep has now been taken... by my girlfriend. Sorry for anyone who was hopeful.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Dude im willing to put money down she would kick all of our @$$e$ (yes even mine and davids). haha alright so im going to head over to Lewis' in a bit and ill confirm things with the jeep. But if Terrance (his roommate) is coming along then we'll have to kick someone out (1...2...3... NOT IT!)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Its alright you guys. Heres what Lewis told me when I asked him about Terrance and mentioned all the people going: "Hmmm... cars already full huh? Well if Terrance wants to go he'll have to find his own d*** ride down there huh." :p

now the only question is, who will ride in the back the way down there? Too bad for you guys I get best friend benefits such as automatic shotgun :p

and even then. 1... 2... 3... SHOTGUN.

Yes, I have called shotgun one month before the trip

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ok. Well I'm riding in the backseat next to my girlfriend. So there's room for one more (that sounds like a three-some invite...) so the back is open for whoever. We may be able to squeeze 2 people in there but it would be a little tighter. Maybe Lewis can bring the jeep to the monthly so everyone can check it out and call their seats

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Since everybody's calling...

NOT IT!!! for:
a middle seat, being kicked out, shotgun (I actually don't like shotgun. Go figure.), and any other gay seats...

But dibs for a window seat :)

Back to the Brawl updates...
ZOMG BRAWL *****. Online, Customizable stages, Subspace emissary, co-op SE and Stadium stuff like BTT and HRC, holy ****. and King 3D ...wow... and sonic . . . :psycho:

Oh and one more thing everybody...

So, I'm finally a sophomore and actually know people at Sandia. A LOT. I already know at least 20 smashers that are willing to learn advanced techniques and participate in tournies and be in SWF and everything. But most of them still need to learn the way of the Melee...so I'm planning on inviting them multiple times just to get "used to smash" before they go to Albuquerque monthlies or whatever.

Is there any places around the Northeast Heights you guys know for a free room? I mean like, I don't want to set up tournaments, but apparently my friends prefer being separate from...well...us (kinda like the Cameron and pals or the NE Heights crew)?

Neil (my flaco 0\/\/N5 J00)

tw1n

Smash Champion
But being separated from us won't help them. Maybe if we run 2 tournamnts right next to eachother. One for us one for them

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oh and Ken Geedorah (Take me to your leader), its the tournament in Farmington.

And Neil. If you are going to ride with Lewis, you Kash, and Steven all need to play a match to see who gets window and who gets back back seats(or whoever can offer the most gas money within reason). Because only one seat is left and its going to be a bloody royal for it.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
The only way people get better is if they lose to someone better than them. A long time ago at my first tournament I got owned and recieved last place. However, I didn't give up and I continued to go to tournaments. Slowly, those humilating defeats were becoming non-existent. I continued to improve and learn from each of my tournament loses. Now look where I am today.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I agree. But they have to be willing to step up and play us. If they don't then they will never improve. I figured maybe if they had motivation to come to one of the monthlies then maybe they will compete. Its their call on whether or not to come to a real tournament tho.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
The only way people get better is if they lose to someone better than them. A long time ago at my first tournament I got owned and recieved last place. However, I didn't give up and I continued to go to tournaments. Slowly, those humilating defeats were becoming non-existent. I continued to improve and learn from each of my tournament loses. Now look where I am today.
Yea...I remember the time you came to CO for our C3 tourney and you had to play me in tournament :)

Paul are you inclass right now?
Not sure. Also Sinz, you still working on that banner I asked you for iGames? I don't really need it THAT much but if its done or is close...

Top Bottom