• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
To return the favor . . .

Hey what's up fellas. How's your Sex and the City conversation? I especially like how NM thread = female homo sapien units, while ABQ Monthlies = new NM thread. ;)
Freaking school ruins my **** SWF life. Get this, some extracurricular class decided to change the schedule . . . to SUNDAY at 6:00 - 8:00 pm. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!? A high school class at that time?!

So guys, there are two huge tournaments coming up, both in October. MGC's coming in two weeks and NM has to represent, and Erich has the carnage planned. Maybe even a third is coming up, if Paul wants to host a house tourney.
Isai, we should seriously have more casual meets. Tournaments are great and all, but to best increase NM's skills - and for the remaining 2 months we have of serious melee, more friendlies and house visits are perfect. :estatic:

I'm probably wrong, but we should at least get to know each other more before . . . *sob* Brawl robs us of our ability to leave our room! W00T! Sakurai confirmed Wi-Fi! W00T W00T!!!

So, I asked my parents and you all can come around on Friday-Saturday of this week. If enough people (at least 8), then we can actually host a tournament on Saturday afternoon. I don't know what you think, but we gotta come over more. So, reply! Tell me if you think we should have some "friendly meets" or not.

teh Steel-Winged G-Bird (aka Neil)

(Kash thanks for the sleepover, it really was sw33t.)
(Sorry about the cancelled tournament, Joe. Also, I would never betray you!)
Edit again: Un****ingbelievable. My 60th post.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I went to the midnight release of halo 3 at cottonwood mall with my girlfriend and her brother and all I talked about with the guys there was Smash bros brawl :D It seemed like more people there want brawl over Halo 3 but were there to help someone else lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oh ya it was fun. I know almost everyone who works there so it was a blast. One of them is trying to set up a midnight release thing with all the employees and their friends dressing up as smash characters. i told them Kyle and I will go as Ice Climbers :D Just get the jackets, over sized hammers (like the ones you win at cliffs) , plastic ice cubes and a big rope.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I really hope they can pull of a midnight release. That would be the greatest thing since... Halo 3 (great but sad ending)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I heard it was another cliff hanger, and the first words out of my mouth were, "Are you ****ing kidding me?"

They better have a midnight release of Brawl or I'm gonna start punching people... more likely than not babies.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Halo 3 didn't have a cliffhanger ending you noobs. The ending wasn't sad either, Master Chief didn't die noobs. If you beat the game on Legendary you get TWO extra clips at the end that show you what really happened to Master Chief and Cortana. I know because I have an Xbox 360 and a copy of Halo 3 plus I've beaten the game on Legendary.

Again, Master Chief and Cortana didn't die and the ending was not a cliffhanger. In other words, Halo 3 is the most amazing game I've played this year along with Bioshock.

I just spoiled the ending for everyone but I don't care. Deal with it.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Halo 3 didn't have a cliffhanger ending you noobs. The ending wasn't sad either, Master Chief didn't die noobs. If you beat the game on Legendary you get TWO extra clips at the end that show you what really happened to Master Chief and Cortana. I know because I have an Xbox 360 and a copy of Halo 3 plus I've beaten the game on Legendary.

Again, Master Chief and Cortana didn't die and the ending was not a cliffhanger. In other words, Halo 3 is the most amazing game I've played this year along with Bioshock.

I just spoiled the ending for everyone but I don't care. Deal with it.
BioShock is indeed an amazing game. Game of the Year material, I'd say. If you've beaten it, you'll now understand why I chuclked to myself upon posting this:

GoldenGlove said:
Thirdly, Paul, would you kindly change my main symbol to Captain Falcon? Thanks.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
LOL, best line of the entire year: "Would you kindly"

I must admit it was a total shocker when I reached that point in the game; a real plot twist.

Bioshock is an amazing game along with Halo 3. I highly encourage everyone who has even touched a Halo game to play Halo 3.

Now, would you kindly go get me a keva juice.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I've beaten both now. They are great games. But Halo 3 is sad for 1 reason. The invincible A.I. Johnson does die. That was sad. When whats her face died I didn't give a crap. But Johnson was tragic.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I will acknowlegde the fact that it was sad when Johnson died. If you've read all the books plus the comics and played all the games Johnson's death was tragic and on top of that he was one of my favorite characters.

I'm with you though; when Johnson died I was like "OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

When Miranda Keyes died I was like "meh, when does the fighting begin again."

I actually haven't beaten Bioshock but I'm close (in the next few days). BTW, do any of you have Xbox live gamertags? If so, you can send me a friend request. My gamertag is Alphabravo12982.

Be sure to send me a message if you do though.

I'm still bouncing up and down all over my house after playing Halo 3. IT'S THAT GOOD!

tw1n

Smash Champion
I don't even have a 360. My girlfriends younger brother does tho. but if I'm ever playing online at his place I'll send you a message. Ya I've read all the books but the new one. Planet Onix or whatever its called

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Eh, when I actually BUY a game for my 360 and get live to work (freaking modem) I'll send you a request so I can pwn you, Paul ;). Just messin', but really, when I get that stuff done I'll give you a call.

I said, "Oh no!"

And it wasn't really Leet Speak, 7|-|15 15 |\/|0|-3 113|< 1337 5C|34|<

That says, "This is more like Leet Speak," by the way.

tw1n

Smash Champion
**** I wish I had time and money to be able to go :( That would be awesome to see wobbles and forward play

tw1n

Smash Champion
**** straight. You can never really retire from any game or recreational thing you do. Even if you stop competing on the big level, you always will go back for fun every now and then.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I think they could have been more creative but it looks reakin powerful. I'm an avid star fox fan myself and I understand where you are coming from. But hey. The creators and programers probably went through severl options for each character before coming to a final decision. So imagine some of their other options...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oh ya Kash. I challenge you to a $1 MM... high stakes right there. Oh ya. Its the real deal. My new IC's vs your... Doc (aka second rate gynocologist)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
$10 MM says you aren't as avid a Star Fox fan as myself, and yes I can see that, but if that is the case then why would they pick the Landmaster? There is so much more they could've done, especially nods to the best Star Fox game and one of the best rail shooters, Star Fox 64.

Paul or Alphabravo is. PM him. Alphabravo is his user name. Good luck to you guys that are going. I'm way too busy right now to go even if I wanted to. Peace.

I wish I could go to AZ for a tourney, but I'm on a very tight schedule right now. It'd be really fun. I don't even really have hardly any time for a social life...kinda blows sometimes. It's alright though, it'll all balance out. Good luck with the tourney.

Erich out.

Top Bottom