• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

'Twas good, 'twas good.

Sorry about not being able to do anything with anyone this weekend, X-C really, really takes it out of you, especially at the course we ran on Friday. TOUGH COURSE. Ah well, next time.

Yea, me and Alpha really need to start officially planning and most importantly, advertising. On Tuesday I swear we'll try and get all the details smoothed out.

tw1n

Smash Champion
ya if how big are you going to make it? If you want the 4 corners to come down you can even go onto their main states page and post something

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Just lettin people know that I'm probly not gonna be at the Sep. 22nd tourney. Me, Davis, and some other friends are gonna be camping (Not real camping, we'll be in a cabin)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Anyone got a good a decent controller they wouldn't mind giving me.

Also, has anyone found a black controller its been missing since the 28th tourney.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sorry to be a burden of dissappointing news at the last second, but Steven and I won't be showing up at the 22nd tournament. Our 18 year old friend has been forced to enlist in the military and has been sworn in. He leaves the 26th of this month and this weekend we are going to his cabin for a night or two to throw a giant going away party as we won't see him for three years... at least.

I hope everyone understands.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis it isn't any big, I won't be going most likely as well I have XC meet the same day.

That's sad, but cool at the same time Davis. Tell him that Erich said good luck. My uncle is in Iraq right now, and he's a pretty darned cool uncle let me tell you what!! So anyways, I know how it feels, so tell him I said good luck.:)

tw1n

Smash Champion
I have a really close friend that has spent over 10 months a year over the last 3 years in Iraq. Every christmas too. So I know how you feel.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Hey all...
I'm sorry all of your relatives are in Iraq right now :( But then again, you should be honored to have a truly patriotic family.

Davis, thanks again for the sleepover. That was the greatest tourney warm-up of my life, and you should teach Copper how to Brawl. I'm effing serious, Copper'll pwn with the Nintendog item.

Well, I haven't seen Joe active in SWF in a while (just like me ;)), and I guess he should cancel the tournament, simply because not very many people can come . . . including me :urg:. My amazing excuse: I have to take yearbook pictures for the BIGGEST ROTC competition of the schoolyear, called the "Early Bird Drill". The thing'll last the entire morning, starting from 7 a.m. and ending till after noon.

This sucks.

I probably won't even touch SWF because of school unless:
1. There's a big tournament (eg October)
2. Sakurai mindgames us (eg ice climbers) and I have to rant about it in NM thread
3. My monthlies actually happen
4. Someone pms me

I feel like such a Prisoner of War right now. And War is school.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Sorry to announce this to everyone, but I TOO will not be showing up to the tournament this weekend.

1. We just had a tournament and I don't feel like going.
2. It's the same day as homecoming.
3. Joe's tournaments are too expensive and aren't worth it.
4. I have some work to do for school.

BTW Neil, I doubt Joe will cancel his tournament. For many reasons, actually; first of all, Joe is not only holding a smash tournament but a Guitar Hero and Gears of War tournament. So even if people do not show up for the smash tournament there will still be turnouts for GOW and GH.

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap. The Smash section of our Tournament is going to be a total bust. This sucks. I wanted your money. And, uh, the good times. Yeah.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
JESEUS CHRIST GUYS....i dont get on the boards for like 2 months and u all betray me? i dont see whats going on with u guys .......and my tournaments are overpiced? not if u win paul...the more the fee the better the pay, cause unlike some people i do not feel that 45 bucks is enough of a reward for first place and im sure chris would agree with me.......so ne ways yall should show up....but its cool if u guys dont w/e THIS WILL BE MY LAST MELLE TOURNAMENT and more then likely the last time i visit the boards in a really really long time except to get all yalls friend codes to pwn u all at brawl......but ne ways please come to the tournnament if u stuill play this game.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, really sorry I can't make it. But a friend leaving for the military takes priority over a smash tourney, sorry =/.
yeah man i actually understand ur excuse and my rant wasnt about u and davis .....have a good time with ur friend and i hope hes safe.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Im not saying your tournaments are overpriced but you FORCE people to pay the free play fee if they are going to enter the tournament. Some people just want to enter the tournament and not pay for anything but the tournament. But still, due to a change in plans I may be able to make the tourney but not for 1v1. If I do go it won't be until much later so I guess I'll go just to hang out or enter a 2v2 tournament if there is one.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
o there will be one and we have never forced free play on people before....althouhg now we are adopting x topias strategy where theres is a 5 doaller door fee and that covers all the free plays for every game

Top Bottom