• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Midnight Gaming Championship (or so it was)

Hey guys, what's up!

Well, I'm totally exhausted from the MGC tourney, but since Ferdi never called me at MGC, I didn't get to play much of the Southwest at MGC :(
He has a stud CF though, moonwalking all over the place.. :dizzy: it was Silent Wolf-esque

ACTUAL Schedule of events:

Albuquerque flight left to Dallas at 8:40 am on Saturday (Paul and I woke up at 5 ish)
Arrived at Dallas at about 10:00, arrived at hotel at about 11:30
Left from hotel by shuttle to AAC center (where tourney was held) at about 6:30 pm
Ate dinner, free play from 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tourney ended at about 2:30 am (HOLY S*IT)
Left from AAC by shuttle to hotel and reached hotel by 3:00 am
Next day, flight left from Dallas at 2:15 pm, hit Albuquerque at maybe 4:00?

Tournament

KOS-MOS (peach from Oklahoma) won 1st for $3000, we all watched the finals on three HUGE SCREEN TVs (I would say about 100 feet wide. Try that on for size. It was on the sides of buildings :p)

Paul placed 17th I think, and I got killed by the third round. Paul had to face Wobbles and a really good marth. I had to face a Jesusfreakish jigglypuff, then barely lost to Anther (pro peach).

We had some good friendlies, I played Lunin, RagingAsian, Gojira (bowser).

COMPLAINTS

1. I f***ing didn't get to play FLT, wobbles, or dope!!! :mad::mad::mad:
2. We were stuck in the hotel on Saturday afternoon for 6 hours, and the flipping TVs didn't have an audio/video input! We were all so angry for bringing our GCs for no reason.
3. THERE WERE NO CHAIRS AT THE TOURNEY!!! OMG, try playing smash for 8 hours straight and standing up. I'm pretty sure Paul got early stages of osteoporosis.

Sliraobe God (I'll put more on MGC later)

Edit: I reread the post and it sounded so negative. Trust me, the tourney was an awesome experience.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
12th place for someone who has NEVER been to a major out-of-state tournament and being from NM is not bad. I got to play friendlies with a lot of different people and I learned a ton on how to make myself better. I faced a ton of pros and didn't do half bad. I didn't do as well as I hoped I would but I'm not going to make excuses. The tournament was filled with a ton of great smashers including Fastliketree, Dope, Luninspectra, and Trail (just to name a few). Underdogs won? I have no idea why the underdogs owned this tournament; wierd results. The tournament was really fun and a great experience.

I'll talk about it more later.....

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Sorry about that Neil, but I didn't get any NM player's phone number or nothing. The only person who's number I got before getting to the hotels was Phil's. And even then it was Junpei who texted me wtf. Anyways yea, it was fun, but whats with you guys being afraid to talk to the really good players like Wobbles, Lunin, and FLT? They're just regular people who's good at a game, seriously :psycho:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Thats awesome. props to you both. I wish I could have seen all that. I'm sure now you both will be unbeatable here in NM

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Sorry about that Neil, but I didn't get any NM player's phone number or nothing. The only person who's number I got before getting to the hotels was Phil's. And even then it was Junpei who texted me wtf. Anyways yea, it was fun, but whats with you guys being afraid to talk to the really good players like Wobbles, Lunin, and FLT? They're just regular people who's good at a game, seriously :psycho:
I'm not afraid to talk to the pros. Like I said I played friendlies with different pros from different regions. I talked to as many of them as I could and I got in friendlies as well.

Oh ya Paul. Did you win any money for placing 12th?
Nope, the only people who made any money were the 1st and 2nd place winners, Wobbles and Kosmos. I did, however, make an impression on some of the smashers there. They were very surprised to hear I was from NM. Still, I have a lot to learn and I'm still only an average player. My favorite matches were against Wobbles, he used strategies I have never seen before.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's cool. Wish I could've gone. It sounded like an exciting experience.

Also, everyone. I'm thinking about taking school off Friday and leaving sometime Thursday afternoon for LA to get my grubby lil hands on a playable demo of Brawl. Would anybody be interested in joining me?

Ehehehehe...oops.

Ja Ferdi, Paul played a lot of people, and was in the same hotel as Fast Like Tree, so it was all good. I wish I had gone, but my dad didn't want to take me to the tournaments...sigh. Next year.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Thats awesome still Paul. Maybe you can give me some tips for my Ice Climbers whenever I play you. And sorry Kash that you have to drive to LA by yourself. Wish I could join. So why is it that all the NM threads are dying?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
haha then i think you would prefer playing me lol. i cant wobble (yet) but my IC's are much more technical. Although as you can ask anyone who went over to neils a few weeks ago, its really hard to go from playing my IC's to playing Davids cuz both are completely different.

An example for how it threw off one of the top smashers here lol. GG played my IC's for an hour or so before david came over and i was beating his falcon or at least coming close. David came over and 3 stocked his CF. (im not saying David is better, just that GG probably expected somethign different lol).

Cant wait to test them our saturday.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I won't wobble you so no worries k :) And kyle. ya I 3 stocked him, but it doesn't take long for people to figure out my IC's :( So I have alot to work on

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
That's a good sign, if you ask me. Confidence is definitely something you'll need.

You think you're gonna play Ice Climbers in Brawl?
I dunno. I think Im just going to try out every character and see who fits me best. If the IC's still work with me then Ill still work with them lol.

Just found out from a friend of mine who loves the Earthbound series: for those of you who dont know, Lucas (the new character kid that.... well sucks) is actually i guess a reincarnation of Ness... my guess is he will be the lowest of the low tier lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow no kidding... that would suck to respawn into the world still a complete loser and unanimously hated by everyone.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I would if I could but I have to be up by 6 to go cheer on some of my girlfriends cousins in a cross country meet. Hey when will everyone be arriving at the monthly tomorrow?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Alright see everyone soon. I will probably get there around 11:30 or so k. If anyone is up for early smashes. Peace

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
When is it again? When it will be nobody knows!

Top Bottom