• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok ok, whoa guys. Slow down a bit here!! All I asked is who can go!! Now that Davis has done most of the work for me, I'm going to touch it up a bit:

PEOPLE PLANNING TO ATTEND:

Erich
Paul
Davis
Steven
Kyle
Paul(Farmington)
Neil
Dark_Meow

So right now there are a total of 8 people who might be able to go. Please get 100% yes answers before Chrismas break please guys. This kind of a trip will not be easy to plan with even 2 weeks, so everyone try and give me a definitive answer by the 20th. Kyle and David, work your you-know-what's off to get that money: you guys always brighten up the mood. It'd be so much more fun if you guys came with us.

TRAVEL

Ok, now for the part that everyone dreads: how we get there. Well, due to costs, I completely agree with Davis and anyone else who said driving. We will drive there, it's the only feasible way. Now, what I think we should do is rent a car, preferably a van and drive all of us down there in it. That is by far the most efficient way, because more than one car means more hassle and double the money. Also, if we split it up among 8 people, the total cost will go down much, much more. Far less expensive. Now, Davis estimates the prices are thus:

Gas: $50 per person
Food: $60 per person
Hotel: $12 per person

Now, if we split this up amongst 8 people, here is what the estimates look like:

Gas: $30 per person
Food: $50 per person at the absolute most
Hotel: About $7 per person

So instead of being a total of $122 at least on extra expenses other than the tournaments, it would cost $87 dollars, maybe $88. Far less to pay. Now, if we can find a van with awesome mileage, and maybe get 30 miles per gallon or more if we're lucky, gas prices go down even more than $30 per person. Keep that in mind. And if we all packed lunches and bought our own food from the grocery store and brought it with us in an ice chest/whatever we can hold it in, that food cost goes down to whatever you want to spend, so probably on average $5 per person or less, after the initial groceries have been bought, of course. So the potential is $50 total, with the tournament entry fee included. Let's see if we can't get it down to that much per person. Anyways, keep this stuff in mind guys. This trip doesn't have to cost a fortune. And if this don't help convince you Kyle/David, I don't know what will. Hope you guys can come. We can still fenegle the prices even more, so just know that these are estimates.

These are the two main points that everyone must consider. After this, it's all making it comfortable. With a van, however, I don't think we need to worry about that. Now what we should do is be looking into rental vehicles, and how much it would cost to get one, just make sure it's a van with good mileage. Hmmm...let's see...

I'll make other stuff added to this later, but for now, we need to get the basics set-in-stone. Hop to it, yall: we can do this!!! I'm way excited if we can pull this off. Report back to this thread as quickly as you can with any new information, and please try to keep it to one post, so it's not all scattered around and hard to locate.

Erich out.

When you get here, give lessons to texas as to how to plan. When texas went to FC6, they decided they would go 2 days before and just drove there without telling anyone.

>_>.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, *high fives Erich*, we're pro at planning... I guess. Hehe. Just don't want to **** things up.

That sounds REALLY nice, Erich. Let's see what we can do. I think I'll ask my parents about going tonight. If not tonight, then tommorrow. Sometime soon.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hahaha priceless. How'd that one go for you guys?
I don't know. THEY DIDNT TELL ME.

XD.

They showed up at like 6am in Indiana the day of the tourny XD.'

Edit:

You guys should nominate my sig in the forum awards :). If you like it that is haha.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow thats pretty deep Erich *tear*. If prices do drop to that low I will more than likely attend. Just two quick things someone has to look into right away. 1) Whats the minimum age requirement for renting a vehicle (because it might be 25!) and 2) Can you find a van that will hold 6 people plus luggage.

Also one thing for everyone going on this trip. Pack really small. Just the bare minimums on what you need. Because there's not going to be any room whatsoever. So all the extra space is essential.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
My only question about your sig is when did Samus become a part of the Zelda series? Haha im jk thats actually a pretty cool sig. But I could just picture running through A Link to the Past and Samus jumps in and starts shooting missiles.... anyways so does anyone have any info about the price of renting vans?

EDIT: its also a possibility that *shudders* a parent can drive. Hate aying this but I know mine and Daves mom has offered to drive us to OoS tourneys before. I think that this idea should be saved as an absolute last resort but its still an option

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow... if mom drove us that would be a ride in hell Kyle. For many different reasons. So ya our mom driving == hell no if at all possible. But we shall see right. If we have to then we have to

My parents might drive me, they're pretty cool. They wouldn't make things too bad.

Anyways, I talked to my parents about it, and they said they'll think about it instead of just putting it off like they usually do. However, they also said that renting a van is expensive, so I'm going to try something else, if at all possible. I'll let you all know if it works or not. And if it does, I've got a vehicle that will hold us all with good mileage as well.

If we buy the groceries before hand and pay that fee up front, and it won't be very much to split three days' groceries up amongst 8 people, then the total amount we'd be paying right now is $37 dollars, without the entry fee of course. How does that sound?? Sounds pretty darned good to me! Let's plan on buying our groceries. We can talk about that at the monthly though.

Yea Hylian? Lessons on how to organize, eh?? Hahaha, that's funny!! I would die if I pulled a last minute thing like that. Wow...that's crazy. Anyways, I'd vote for that sig, it's interesting. Samus has a cool suit in it though, that's for sure.

Alright Alright. if i can go, I will, and as for what is going on, just tell me what the specs are, what we need, and if I can do something about it, I will tell you.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Go back a few pages... we've already got most things planned.

Erich, honestly, I don't see why we can't either:
A. Split up two cars amongst 8 people. 4 people in each car. Gas prices wouldn't be too bad, still or
B. Get two more people to come and then do step A.

tw1n

Smash Champion
This trip is going to be a pain I bet. With that many people its going to cost alot for gas if we take two cars. But if we have to rent a room for the night it will be cheap... unless we get housing

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
>_>...I will ask SOS if anyone can house you guys.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ey, sry, bout the lack of updates regarding housing. Basically, I PMed a bunch of people and was directed to a bunch of other people. Right now I'm awaiting reply from 7734, and about to PM King Mosquito at SOS's suggestion.

Yea Davis, I was actually going to say that a vehicle would cost too much to rent, so we'd have to find two cars to drive up there. If you split up the gas money among 4 people, then the gas goes up a lot, but if we buy our own groceries, etc, it should still be alright. Let's say $60 for gas now, so...what? $90 at the highest? Do you think that's a good estimate?

tw1n

Smash Champion
ya but its still going to cost a bit. Plus how much does the tournament cost again? If you can get the overall price dropped to about $50 per person for everything then I should be able to go

...Ok then. Anyways, I'd estimate the price to about $60-80 now. The tourney is $20 for just singles and the door fee. Then food will be taken care of by everyone buying groceries, and me and Paul may decide to go ahead and buy all of them, depending on if we can go or not. All that money from previous tourney's would go somewhere, ya know? Then, the gas is...what? $50-$60 per person? So there you have it, $70-$80 currently. Is that good? Try hard guys. Maybe do something extra, for like a week or so to get the extra money. Find something that is just a few days long that you can help with on your time off, or maybe just something that's on one day. YOU MUST COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and if you are able to come guys, you must come and meet my parents, it will definitely sway their decision. Especially if you act responsible, They do like responsible...anyways, keep that in mind.

Ferdi, that pickup line in your sig has to be the best one I've ever seen in my life. That was hilarious!!!

I love being able to say where I can go. Regardless, I just need to check up on the tourney days, and the days I work. If in the end I cannot go, I very well may pitch in for you guys anyway. I dont know how much money I will have, but if you guys are short, ask me, WHAT EVER THE AMOUNT IS, and I will see what I can do, because I would hate to see someone not go who could have because of lack of funds. KEEP THIS IN MIND! I can pitch in some money either way, if I cant go, I will help who can go.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You nm people are way too nice O.O.

Texas is mean :(.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha go lewis!!! Lurvs to my brother (still talking about lewis).
I will try really hard to go k. I will start saving. Maybe the tournament Lewis and I wanted to hold on jan 12th would be a good chance for everyone to practice up and be ready :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you guys need money, ask me. I could talk to X-topia.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hey Sinz, you play Magic with Robert (aka Roberto aka won state a couple times)!?
I was over at his appartment not too long ago (Im good friends with his gf's brother) and they had all just gotten home from a tourney. They tried to call you to come over lol.

Oh yeah and Sinz we need to play. I remember you taught me a lot way back when and I want to see how I hold out agianst you now lol

Yeah, its fine. Kyle already knows, but I almost died today, like ten feet from it. there was a crash on pasao right in front of me. had i been going two miles an hour faster, for five seconds...I would not be able to help..

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Thank God you're ok. I would have lost my best friend/brother and the will to do just about anything for a while. But everything is ok now :D

Quick problem concerning FS2 and Lewis: Because he is still new to his job and it is a full time professional job, he might not be able to get it off. If he can then sweet. Also if he cannot get that friday off work then we (whoever wil be riding with lewis and I) will be leaving at 9 at night on friday and driving during the night time. He will sleep and I'll drive till someone else is rested enough to take my place. Sorry guys it will suck and some of us will be sleep deprived during the tourney, but suck it up lol.

But heres another thing you guys, it is a 2 day tourney and it is a very long drive for all of us. The first day is singles and the second day is teams and crews. We (again whoevers riding with Lewis and I) will more than likely have to leave early Sunday unless there is no school that Monday (but mind you we also work full time). So sorry you guys some of us may not be able to do teams.

Again this is all under the assumption Lewis can at least get that Saturday off and still have Sunday off.

K. And I will check out on how to get that day off, I am positive there is some way I can. Kick some *** at the tourney for me, for I will be at work learning about tivo. yeah!

Top Bottom