• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sorry KenGeedorahTakeMeToYourLeaderInParenthesis... guess I wont get to play you this time around. But later I shall :D

So what are the newest plans for FS2? Who's officially driving, when are we leaving, and who is taking care of housing?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Reminder

Just a reminder to everyone that there is a smashfest at my house today. If you didn't read my first post announcing this you can find it on the previous page. Again, here's my number 505-270-1131

Ummm...Let's get to that part within the next few days David. Right now, I think we need to get the sponsorship in order, and Lewis as well. I was wondering how much money you'd be willing to donate to the pot of overall money. If you could let me know right away, that would be much appreciated. After I know the amount of pre-paid money, I'll let you all know more details.

sync

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm new here. I live in Albuquerque, I think a lot of you met me at the last monthly. Names Jacob, I main Roy (but in the process of converting to Marth, I like his meteor). I got utterly owned at the monthly, but I had fun. The site was recommended to me, so I came to check it out.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
sup Sync.

LEWIS/HAVOX UPDATE (important)

He recently got promoted and cannot come to FS2. He told me he can still help me out with going there but we are short a vehicle now.

Also Davd said he's not going.

So why don't we get a brief head count as to who all is going. So far I know its me, Davis, Steven, Erich, and Paul. If I'm missing anyone then a serious my bad lol. But if bad comes to worse could the 5 of us fit in your car Steven?

Oh and SHOTGUN! Nose Goes. No Shinanigans. If 5 of us squeeze into a car Im sure we could all play musical chairs so at one point all of us would have shotgun. But if not then I call it :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey wats up Sync! Remember us lol (the twins). Ya its a good thing that you came onto here. Now you can pretty much learn alot and also keep updated on the next tournaments and all (p.s. Click on the link in my sig)

Sorry guys but I realized I won't be able to go to FS2. But its no big loss to you all. If anything easier to manage... hopefully :(

Sigh...that sucks David. Oh well, you still live here, right?? jk

Anyways, here we go:

TENTATIVE HEADCOUNT

Erich
Paul
Davis
Steven
Kyle

VEHICLES

Steven-How many can fit in his car Davis??

This is all we know at the moment. As soon as I find out how much money Lewis is willing to donate, then I can get this much more updated with pricing on the trip now that their's only 5 of us. X-Topia is probably not going to be able to sponsor us, as they need every dollar they can get to buy enough Wii's for their MASSIVE tournament in March/April, so yea, that's why I need to know. Thanks guys, and I'll update this post as soon as I can.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ugh, sorry to keep the train of bad news rolling, but, well...bad news. If we're leaving Friday morning as planned, I can't go. Missing school = no go with my parents.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya just leave after school. It shouldnt make that big of a difference.

Hey Steven. Serious quick question. Since mine and Lewis' tournament is now growing exponentially, can we use your laptop for the tournament brackets? I dont have the program and even if I did my computer blows badly

sync

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I remember you guys.

And unfortunately I won't be able to make it, I think I'm going out of town for that weekend. X_X

I like the zombie better. It's easier to see.

So Steven, could you still make it if we left right after school?? Hurry!! It's already the 1st. That means 3 weeks left!!

Kyle/David, could one of you guys ask Lewis how much he's willing to donate to us all, and then tell me?? Thanks.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
No one I've talked to has given a definitive answer on housing, which makes me thinking it wouldn't hurt to be researching motels right about now...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hotel/motels it is. That ought to be fine. Just... can we use your car, Steven? We'll leave after school Friday. Officially.

Sup Jacob!!! If I'm riding with you my chances of going are much higher, Steven. I'm sure the same would be for you.

Hey guys, sorry I have not been on this thread in a while. work does not allow for me to update all the threads in fifteen minute intervals, due to the fact that I am trying to check on my own tourney.

Erich: Depending upon how much money I recieve today(because today is payday) I can LEND 'AT LEAST' 100$ If you guys need more, I will happily help due to the fact that I get payed on thursday before you guys leave, which means I can cash the next check(which will be an absolute full one, at around 700$) and check your status quo, and drop the money off to kyle as I head in that direction for work...which I do hope the bank will be open. However, yes, I can throw at least 100 which kyle said should cover most of the cost and help you guys out incredibly.

Sync: I do not remember you, mainly because I could not go to the last tourney. Now I have another Marth rival in town... yay. We should get together sometime and kick the **** out of eachother with tippers. :p

Sinz: If I told you which one I think was better, then I would ultimately end up asking you where you find those, and, because I know custome sigs and pics and so forth come from the VIP membership, stealing it formyself, having told you the one I thought was not as good. . .
. .
Just messing with you. Honestly, you cant really go wrong with either of them. How many of us have that anyway? Regardless of how many of us actually have one of those, both are made of fourstocks. :)

sync

Smash Apprentice
Davis: Its OK. I expected to get raept. And I did.

HOSE (hah, the acronym for your name is hose): Well its a pleasure to meet ya, then. I'm growing accustomed to Marth, I've mained Roy for years now, that and I'm an inexperienced Smash player, but I'm getting better.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
God, I haven't posted in forever. It's really late to say this and it loses all of its meaning, but I wish all of you an extremely Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
My current resolution - to make OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dollars in Brawl tournaments.

Lotta talk bout FS2. I could donate some cash (pretty minor, not more than 20 probably).
And Jacob, nice to meet you. There's another roy main in NM, Zack (Zman).

So, Steven, Zman, I'm sorry for the Winter Solstice kickoff party. The gayness meter was off the charts that day. I organize like Texas indeed. I wish I could've gone to more fests over break for all of NM too... :ohwell:

I have to make it up to all of you. So, whaddya say we do something before break is over, because the 1st weekend after school = big Lewis/David tourney, 2nd weekend = FS2, 3rd weekend = Jan 26 and not a good day for KenGeedorah. Feb 2 = Pound 3/I can't go cuz of UNM math contest.

Okay, how about an all-day fest on Monday Jan 7, it should be an inservice for all of APS and UNM still has a long break.

Date Monday, January 7, 2008
Time Noon --> 7 or 8 pm at the latest
Location My house, unless somebody's annoyed by it

Please bring setups as usual, call me at . . . oh forget it you have to know it by now.

Again, have a super special awesome break (stolen from yugioh abridged series :)).
-Neil
(who can't beat The Davis Went Down to Georgia on hard for GH3 Wii)

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Hmm...I might actually be able to come to this one Neil. BTW I apologize for having not shown up to your winter break kickoff smashfest. Some crap came up last minute and I wasn't able to go. But if all goes well and I don't have anything to do on Monday I will gladly come.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you too Neil. I will try to make it to the smashfest but I doubt it. We shall see tho :) Oh ya and Sinz. the first sig I see is sexy as hell. I need to get one of those made lol. As for the second one with ichigo is freakin awesome as hell too. But I give it to the first

Alright!! Happy New Year all!!

Anyways, thanks a lot Lewis, that's quite a bit of cash. That's the amount I was thinking we might need as well, so...yippee!! Thank you so much man.

I gotta go, I'll update this post in a while with more information on the tourney.

Absolutly.

And I agree with Neil on that, I have not been able to do much either. SOOOO if anybody wants to randomly put something together, even if its just two or three people playing, thats more training :) for me at least anyway, I have to play on other peoples level.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
woot woot I have monday off work :D

Hey I spoke with Lewis and he told me something I need to relay to all of you. He will help out with FS2 BUT due to bills and other things he will eventually need to be paid back (so you could say its just a 100 dollar loan to 5 of us. So thats 20 a piece we would need to eventually pay back).

Happy Merry Belated ChristmaHanuQuanzikamas!

I have off this sunday which is taken for the most part, to have my christmas(finally I get presents, and I can get my mothers...) And then i work to next friday, then have sat and sun off, then the same thing, and then I think that goes for another week.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ouch. Congrats on the christmas part tho lol. I will even give you my gift when I see you. I work a double on Sunday so ya... :( we need to smash some more

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol. Jacob is right. The abbreviation for your name is HOSE. Haha.

Stop changing the thread title, Everett >:|

Hmm. I can't beat that song. It's so radically different from the original... it's not fidle-ly at all!

Oh, and, I regret to inform you fellow smashers that the 7th is Cassandra's, my girlfriend's, birthday, so I'll be spending that day with her >.<

tw1n

Smash Champion
ok. Just as long as you have the 12th off work :) And I love the electric guitar version. Its just wikedly hard

I can do it, Thats why I am looking forward to see if there are any other Gh players among the smash community. Ironic as that is, I know there is someone out there who can wavedash and pull of an 80% on through fire and flames or devil in expert(which is needed to beat me...only played it twice though) :( :( :( :( :(

Top Bottom