• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol. Jacob is right. The abbreviation for your name is HOSE. Haha.

Stop changing the thread title, Everett >:|

Hmm. I can't beat that song. It's so radically different from the original... it's not fidle-ly at all!

Oh, and, I regret to inform you fellow smashers that the 7th is Cassandra's, my girlfriend's, birthday, so I'll be spending that day with her >.<

Thats no regret.

Girls> smash anyday.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Not bad Lewis. I will try (emphasis on try) to get V's version of GH3 and take it so you can play it k. Does Chris still have a 360?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sorry no I was talking about Lewis' roommate Chris. Do you know how to get a hold of ABP? I think he might like to come to our tourny. Plus I also hope Paul can get a hold of Arctic and Yuki. I dont think I've ever played them but I'd like to get te chance while we still have one

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I have him on my buddy list, but he never signs on.

And believe me Everett, I'd spend the day with Cassandra over any amount of Smash period in a heart beat. It's just bad news for everyone else, in general.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Argh. I was going to originally invite the Breens, Doug (Samus) and Daniel (Jiggly), and possibly Cameron and pals for our Monday fest.
Meh. Barely anybody can come, and it's a day before school. *FEST CANCELLED* :ohwell:

As for Guitar Hero III, Everett and I need to somehow take care of that Medium MM. I wonder if we could take care of it at Lewis' house like half an hour before the tourney?
Anyways, I have the Wii version, so god hope you do too :mad:

1. Pro Face Off
2. Best of 7
3. All Setlist and Bonus songs allowed
4. Star Power allowed
5. $5 mofo.

Any tips on The Davis Went Down to Georgia on hard? Once I get to the Hammer On/Pull Off switching solos, I'm screwed. Especially when he has battle gems first :(

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Argh. I was going to originally invite the Breens, Doug (Samus) and Daniel (Jiggly), and possibly Cameron and pals for our Monday fest.
Meh. Barely anybody can come, and it's a day before school. *FEST CANCELLED* :ohwell:

As for Guitar Hero III, Everett and I need to somehow take care of that Medium MM. I wonder if we could take care of it at Lewis' house like half an hour before the tourney?
Anyways, I have the Wii version, so god hope you do too :mad:

1. Pro Face Off
2. Best of 7
3. All Setlist and Bonus songs allowed
4. Star Power allowed
5. $5 mofo.

Any tips on The Davis Went Down to Georgia on hard? Once I get to the Hammer On/Pull Off switching solos, I'm screwed. Especially when he has battle gems first :(
Me Erich and paul were prolly gonna come...

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
And I was gonna show up too.

Try Kash went down to georgia the downloadable version (I know on the 360 its free. Dont know about wii)

oh and i dont mind you guys doing it at lewis' place (Im helping too you know :p). crash there friday night and it'll be easier to find time.

EVERYBODY!!!! QUICK!!!!!!!!! CALL NEIL!!!! Everyone call him, and then BUG HIM UNTIL HE LETS THE SMASHFEST CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we all bug him, then he has to let it go on.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I wasn't gonna come, but I'll go ahead and say I was gonna if you change your mind =).

Hey, we need to find a hotel guys. Steven, would you mind looking? Also, Gea, another Doc player, wants to stay with us at the hotel, so he'll split costs with us.

WHO THE **** IS GOING AND WHOSE CAR ARE WE TAKING!!

Come on, jeez.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, let's see here. Round trip... (I can't believe I'm doing this again)

820 miles there, 1640 miles total. Round that to 1650 miles as a cushion.

$3 per gallon, 40 miles per gallon.

That comes out to... $123.75 total, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure who the hell is coming anymore, all I know is me and Steven are. I'm pretty positive you are Erich, and is Paul coming with you?

I'm just gonna say there are 5 of us (please tell me who's coming, this can't fall through due to lack of planning because of laziness).

So rounding that up to $125 for gas, it'll be $25 for gas.
$70 motel/hotel would be about $14 per person, BUT Gea, a doc player, wants to chill with us (and I see nothing wrong with that). So that would reduce hotel prices down to about $12.

$37 thus far. $15 for singles and $5 for the venue, so that's another $20.

$57. Then food and expenses. What did we decide, $20 for that?

$80 seems to be a good average estimate for how much this trip will cost. I'm going to pack an extra $70 or so if I can. You never know what will happen.

The ONLY excuse for not coming to this should be work.

EDIT: We can leave Friday after everyone gets out of school as soon as possible, so we should all get together and be leaving no later than 3:30 PM. According to Google maps it's an 11 hour trip. I don't know how everyone is with speed limits and what not, but if we go about 10 miles per hour over the speed limit we could keep it at about 11 hours, maybe a little less, INCLUDING gas breaks.

Seriously, we need to get there as soon as possible for Gea and for ourselves. To practice and to sleep. Having to leave in the afternoon as opposed to early morning is a ****ing huge setback, so we have to see how we are going to cope.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Mind = changed. You all have done it again *funny theme music plays*
One more thing, if you're gonna come, don't be subtle about it :p

So, I'm not going to be subtle . . . *FEST UNCANCELLED

Oh **** I better hurry and call everybody again.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I call Stevens car! (besides, im going to be holding the money lewis is donating hint hint wink wink nudge nudge kick the shin kick the shin) *rolls persuasion check*

Oh and as of that money thing: it is going to be about 100 SO that should cut back costs at the moment

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey Neil. For mine and Lewis' tourny, invite everyone you just listed for your smashfest please. Just let them know the jist of it.

See you guys later today. I'll talk to you guys in person about FS2 there. Here, however, I'm making an update. Here goes:

PEOPLE ATTENDING

Erich
Alphabravo
Kyle
Steven
Davis

Anyone else??? You'd better say so NOW.

VEHICLES/TRAVEL

Steven's car is the only one we have listed for this, which can fit 5 people right??

EXPENSES

OK, this is the part everyone wants to see. Now then:

GAS: 25$ per person
HOTEL: 12$ per person
ENTRY FEE: Paid for. That's right folks, if you count the sponsor money Lewis is sending, then we all do not have to pay the 20$ entry fee. WHOO!!!
FOOD: Now, there are two possible ways of doing this: Buy it up there, or bring our own food. What do you guys think we should do?? If we buy our own food, the total cost could be under 50$. Well?? I'll ask you all later today, just come to Neil's!!!!

Erich out.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Actually, it isn't looking too bright regarding my attendance for the FS2 trip. I doubt I will be able to come, sorry...

Anyways, I'll be going to Neil's today for the smashfest.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ouch I'm sorry Paul. I hope you do get the chance to go. You ae one of the elite NM smashers and we need you there to represent

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Gay. Oh well. Why aren't you coming David?

I say buy food there, especially if there will be only four of us (sadtimes.com). I mean, fast food and one nice meal would be less than $40 in food. It won't cost that much.

If we have the space to lug snackes, sure, but otherwise, it's the least of our problems.

Whose coming and hotel is our main issue right now.

Hmmm...If anyone else drops out, I think we should cancel the trip, because 3 people going is not a very large group, especially since the cost would go up so much. That's my thing, and I won't go if anyone else drops out. We'll just have to deal with the Twins' tourney, which would alright, I guess, because Forward and a bunch of other people are still coming, but whatever.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
:( No one else drop out!

Go Go Go! XD.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
This is ridiculous. I'm tired of people dropping out, too *sighs*.

Ok, guys. I have great news. I'm confirmed, in cement, I can go. My mom said yes, check with my dad, and my dad "tentatively" said yes. He said, "I'll have to meet the people you're going with or you'd have to **** up real bad you little *******." Quoted for truth.

So, I'm good to go.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dude, borrow the money Lewis is offering. $100 is plenty.

I can even loan you about $50. Let me go check how much I have in the bank...

$155. I also get paid today (it's going to be a ****ty check, but still should be a decent amount).

So I should have about $250 by this weekend, and I'll probably spend about $20-30 at the tournament this weekend. I get $20 for lunch that I'll put in my pocket. So by the FS2 trip I should have anywhere from $200-$270. Probably about $250.

That's plenty to cover me and you, David. You're coming. My treat.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I will spot anyone who needs money just like Lewis, end of story!

This trip just NEEDS to happen! I'm not gonna let a little money problem stop me or anyone else (mainly me, sorry guys, haha) from going.

I'll try to pull $300 by tournament time. That's enough for me and two other people *cough*David and Kyle*cough*. I will be expected to be paid back, but I mean... at your convience. You can pay me back like, $5 a week if need be, haha.

sync

Smash Apprentice
Not to go totally off topic, but Brawl is now a mere 30 days away. *drooldrool* I'm tempted to look at the character roster when its released in Japan, but I probably won't.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wait... when does Brawl come out in Japan again?

Hmm. I don't think I will, as much as I'd like to. I want this to happen at least a few times:

"A New Challenger Approaches"
*shadowy silhouette*
*me guessing who it is*

Mmm. Good times. That's got to be my favorite part about Super Smash Bros.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hey everyone who attended the new mexico invite: thank you so much. From Lewis, David, and myself. We all know it wouldnt have run as smoothly (or even happened) if it wasnt for you guys.

Steven: thanks for the comp and suggestions
and Kash: thanks for the loud voice :p

I know I should be putting this in the tourney thread but I wanted everyone in NM to actually be able to read this.

Thanks everyone! We hope to do this again with Brawl

sync

Smash Apprentice
It comes out on the 24th. At this point I'm hoping for Megaman.

And remember, all the stuff on the Dojo is all the characters that you will START THE GAME WITH. This does NOT encompass all the hidden characters.

So, by deduction, we can expect close to 40-50 characters. AWESOME.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I expected around 40 to begin with, but I don't think that all the character shown on the Dojo are character in the starting roster.

I do recall Sakurai stating that all third party characters would be hidden characters, ergo Sonic and Snake, so who knows who else will be a secret character..

They should put Kalas from Baten Kaitos in there. That'd be cool.

Anyways, I'm going to try and organize the trip again.

People going:

Erich
Davis
Steven
Twin_A
Tw1n(tentative)
Alphabravo(tentative)

That's at least 3-6 people. Sweet.

Vehicles:

Steven-How many can we fit in there??
Anyone else?

Aarrgh!! Hurry, everyone please post about this and final answers for some if you can go or not.

Now, money wise, we have a $100 in the pot. Davis, are you going to add money to that pot?? If so, how much?? That would be much appreciated to know, and will help the general cost for others go down. Thanks a lot man.

The price for gas is, what? $25 per person, perhaps less? The price of the hotel is about $15 per person, and then the tournament entry fee is paid for. If Davis is going to help pitch in, then maybe you could pay off the housing situation?? If so, then we'd only have to pay about $25-50 for the entire trip. Sweet!! I'm bringing lots of snacks and food too, so my food will be less. Unless we got housing with OOS'ers. I'll ask them now, since you guys aren't getting responses.

Alright guys, this sounds like it's still in action. Cool beans. I need to talk to you twins, so I might call you at work, if that's alright. Thanks guys. I'll post again soon.

Top Bottom