• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well of course that'd go down, we are like rivals that like eachother. (Gary vs. Ash yo).

And also, I decided to read through, and it seems you guys wanted to go to one more big tournament. There are going to be tournaments popping up and out of nowhere. Pick a weekend, and that weekend will prolly have a tourney. As a matter of fact, I think my friend 7734 is holding a large scale tournament for me when I get to Texas. I will keep you guys updated on both.

Viva la 4 Corners

tw1n

Smash Champion
Blah... All of the threads on smashboards seem to slowly but surely be dying out. Sad. Hopefully they will pick up again once Brawl hits the shelves

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I need the high powered computers at UNM to get on! AH!!!! Its been freakin slower than heck. Some of the moderators are saying its because they are pretty much installing a new server

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Sorry man, no. Also, I'm going to ask one last time, Is anyone MISSING a purple/blue madcatz memory card for the gamecube?

Don't worry Davis, I'm sure it'll turn up sometime. Also, I still got you covered for Brawl

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lame. Disregarding everything I said because I'm "biased"?

Toward what?

I've given my input. Whatever.
Sorry I haven't been on the boards have been hormonal lately.

Davis, I didn't disreguard everything you said. I disreguarded the items. Everything else i have written down.

Davis, me and you are biased. That is why I am asking for lots of peoples help, I will not be doing the making rather supervising it. It's my job right now to get the rules set up and I want them to be fair.

Komo-say WHAT??

Hmmm...that is true Paul...hmmm...I supppose we should just go to the one in April, or wait until new things have been discovered and we can actually play the game really good, and then go traveling, which might be then, who knows? Anyways, yea...if they do switch to Brawl we should just plan to go to the one in April.

It's cool Kyle, don't worry too much about it. There's always another day, ja?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think everyone is somewhat biased, but I don't think I'm that biased, but then again, that may be biased. El oh el.

Thanks, Paul. Here in a couple weeks. Latest should probably be Feburary 5th.

Lol at that video. Stupidly entertaining.

Also, today is the day I battle for the Wii. Bidding ends in 7 hours, so I've got to win it then the guy said shipping usually takes about 4-5 days, so I should have Brawl around Feburary 2nd, but like I said, latest will be the 5th.

Also, I'm not sure what I want to do when I get it...
A. Invite one person over and play SSE for awhile then invite more over
B. INvite everyone over immediately
C. INvite about 3-5 people so ultimate Brawling fun.
D. Or a combination of all of the above.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
If I were you I'd enjoy the game first on my own and then invite people over. Whenever I purchase a game I hate it when other people play it BEFORE I do. But that's just me. If you want to invite people over go for it.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
If I were you I'd enjoy the game first on my own and then invite people over. Whenever I purchase a game I hate it when other people play it BEFORE I do. But that's just me. If you want to invite people over go for it.
I agree with dat statement.

Ehll, I'm not going to any of the brawl parties that some of my friends are going to have when brawl comes out

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think I have it all figured out what I'm going to do.

At earliest I'll get the game this Friday, Feburary 1st, if not then not more than a few days after that. I think I'm gonna take Paul's advice and enjoy it a bit first.

After that, though, I'm gonna invite some people to enjoy with me, probably not more than an hour or so after I get it.

Invite List:
Steven
Paul
Kendric
David
Orion
Jacob

Not to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm going to explain why I chose those six people. I chose David, Kendric, and Steven all for one reason: they were my first real Smash friends. Back when I was a little ignorant Smash nub (still playing Doc, haha) I would always brag that no one could beat me. That's how I first got invited to Steven and David's house. It was a fun past time and those three were the first people that could beat me at the game consistently that I had ever met, and Steven has stayed with me in the competitive scene since.

As for Jacob, Orion, and Paul it varies a little bit. Jacob for donating to my cause and supporting me in a lot of things. He's new here and I've been trying to help him here in there in getting better with Melee as well. He's a real nice guy and a Brawl enthusiast. Orion is the reason I could do this all with major loans and support. He's also helped me plan out and orchestrate a lot of things and helped me with major decisions. As for Paul, he donated and he is number 1 in state. One of my favorite guys here in state and I hardly ever get to talk to him or anything. And I feel as a donater, number 1 in state, and as a cool dude he deserves the first peak out of the NM smash community.

Those are my picks for who shall get to play Brawl first. After that if you want to come over and play it, just call me and orchestrate something with me, otherwise I'm not inviting anyone else but those six over and I'm gonna try and orchestrate a Brawl monthly with some Melee setups as well as Ninja Monkey and have a singles and doubles tournament that following weekend.

Sound good? Mmm, delicious.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Haha I thought you meant my brother David at first. My first thought was "Is he not inviting me cuz I beat in at the last handful of tourneys he's been too... oh well".

Tis all good bro. With this college semester being all ridiculously hard classes and my training for Americas largest TKD tourney, I may not have time to competitively Brawl (don't get your hopes up ladies and gentlemen, I'll still being showing up to woop you guys when I can :p)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
ok let me rephrase lol. The last couple months you havent beaten me in any of the matches we've played (tourney or not). Examples include the round robin were you finally jumped back into the tourney scene :D and then at the invite we held were we did a couple friendlies (*note* Im not trying to start an argument or say that Im better in any way. Just that I've beaten you a lot recently. After all though, you were the one to beat the Devil in the Devil Went Down To NM :p)

sync

Smash Apprentice
Thanks again, Davis. I appreciate it. And I'm getting better at Melee. XP

I know two Davids. Just met Twin David (my designation for you, David), and at-school David. IS THERE A THIRD DAVID?!?! MY CONCEPT OF REALITY HAS BEEN SHATTERED!!!!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, I'd hardly consider 2-3 matches "I've beaten you a lot recently" worthy, but ok...

No, David White from school. Yep. I should have Brawl here soon.

WOLF, THE ONLY CHARACTER I CARED ABOUT MAKING IT IN ENOUGH TO GIVE A ****, IS IN! WOLF! YES!

Man it was a ***** getting here to post.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Thanks Davis, I can't wait to play Brawl. Again, thank you.

I'm with you, I'm very excited that my most requested character has been included in Brawl,
Wolf
. Though
Krystal
and
Ridley
didn't make it in. *cries* My two other highly requested characters. Also, I'm very surprised that
Toon Link
is a playable character. I mean sure, I predicted that he would be in Brawl but I never thought that it would actually happen.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey Kash. No offense but my brother has beaten you at all of the last tournaments you attended. but who gives a crap. BRAWL is almost here :) Congrats on getting it kash. I just hope its worth all the money you poured into it. Oh ya and I found this website a bit ago. Check it out.

http://wifiwars.com/index.php?q=node/20

Hmm... A league perhaps

sync

Smash Apprentice
Seems to have speeded back up.

I was hoping for a certain Capcom character, but alas, we don't always get what we want.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Oh... I see.... we're using spoiler tags. El oh el.

I actually had no desire for
Doc
to make a return. Even if he did I probably wouldn't have played him. I got my character and am very excited about that.

And while I really didn't care for
Krystal
I do agree that it is sad
Ridley
didn't make it in... at least as a playable character.

sync

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo
would've been nice.
Megaman
should've been in it. That be the certain Capcom character.

Top Bottom