• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Sinz, you play Magic with Robert (aka Roberto aka won state a couple times)!?
I was over at his appartment not too long ago (Im good friends with his gf's brother) and they had all just gotten home from a tourney. They tried to call you to come over lol.

Oh yeah and Sinz we need to play. I remember you taught me a lot way back when and I want to see how I hold out agianst you now lol
Yeah, I decided not to answer that phone call. It was pretty late, and I was just trying to get Bogardian Hellkites, and Dragonstorms for my deck. It is kinda crazy to call past midnight.

Did you see David before he got his hair cut he looks awesome now.

So you know Berto, eh? That's cool, let me guess, Kyle was like Hundreds you verse my friend.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I talked to my dad about going. He said we'll see what we can do. Basically, as long as my grades are good and I tell him all the plans, I'm fine.

*sighs* Steven. You think we could take your car up there?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I hope everyone can go. I'm going to try really hard to save now k :) Kyle's convinced me to stop being so pesimistic about it (love ya bro)... this also means training has to be doubled!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm going to be able to go. I WILL go.

By the way, I'm inviting Steven, Neil, Kyle, and David to spend the night at my house sometime this month for some smashing. When are you guys free?

I am in work right now, which i actually love because its so relaxexd and fun, and i will make about some short of 300$ for four days(yes, as i said, i will help fund the trip) but i did also find out that i will be able to get the day off, by legit reasons or otherwise, i will just make it the only day that i call in. we get bonus for attendance, and one absence will not jepordize me from that. :) i am not inviting myself, as for staying at kash's just saying- i can make a 'cameo' for a night and 'accidentally' show you something...for about fourteen hours. lol. jk. if im not invited thats chill. sorry about noncaps, the way i am accessing this is a little different. count me in going, and whoever can, wants to go with me, count on it!!!! I AM GOING! period

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dude? Are you kidding me? You're totally invited. I just don't want too many people over... my room is kind of small. Then again, we could go into the den *shrugs*.

It's just that usually only Steven comes over and after playing each other for 8 hours straight I think not only do we get sick of playing each other but it makes us worse. I invite Neil just because I'd like to practice against him (and Falco in general) and he lives close, and then the Twins because they're *******s. And by *******s I mean cool. And by cool I mean they're *******s. ;)

But yeah, you're invited.

Say what?!?

That sounds like fun Davis. I might be able to. Just give me a date and I'll see if I can go. I might do what Lewis does and not spend the night, but I can definitely hang out there for a late night. Cool beans.

Lewis can go to the tournament then? Sweet!! That's one vehicle. Now we just need to find one more...hmm...If I had my own, I would but I have no car, and my parents will not let us take one of theirs as they are not coming with me.

And Lewis, many thanks to you helping with the funds, many, many thanks. That is a very definite NICE bonus. We should be able to cover most if not all of it with the sponsorship if we get it, but your offer is definitely welcome if we must.

This sounds like it's coming together nicely guys. Sweet. I'll get final numbers, names and cars around Christmas day, or during our last week off of school. Continue to convince!!!!

And one more thing, when do you guys think we should leave??

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I think we should leave Friday morning, get there at night and just sleep till the tourney. All I know is I think both vehicles should follow eachother (leave at the same time, gas up together, etc.)

If we can we should leave really early in the morning (6, 7 in the morning, something like that). But because of school we might not be able to do that. So my next guess would be whenever the last person can leave.

Heres one small problem tho. Lewis may not be able to get off of work Friday so that means whoever rides with him will have to drive through the night. If that is te case I will be sleeping all day friday and driving all night rotating at some point so I can make sure I'm/We're rested for the tourney.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Davis: Just let me know a date and I will go k :D

Lewis: YAY! Thats kick *** bro. I will help drive if needed k. But we shall see. I just dont want to be the only one awake (by personal preference). I will stay awake the whole trip if needed k. I can't wait!

To FS2(Final Smash...2) lol. but yeah. if i can come up with a reason to not be in work one day, i might as well make it reason to stay out for two days. :/ and as per the funding, your welcome. i figure all i would spend it on would be GH3 and a xbox 360 and ps3 and blah blah blah so what ever. jk. and as for staying the night, depending upon the day, since i am already in the area, i would just drive over after i get off work and if i have the day off, i would stay the night. keep strong guys and train harder, because as soon as christmas is over, i am training untill(no offense) i feel i can fourstock my only rival. im calling you out Erich!(this wont be for like four months though...which minds me, Erich, want to train on teams? Kyle and I found what we call a 'Marth wall" and it is ******** awsome.

Yep yep. That will work.. and as for the fest that Dav and i are going to do, I just had an idea. if I can talk to my coach at the time, and see if I cant work on wednessdays and get no occurances for that, therefore, i might, just might be able to pull off a ditch effort to attend one of the nesses. but yeah, just keep me posted on when the overnighter is.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Winter Solstice Kickoff Party!!!

LOL at Ferdi's multiple accounts. What's going on, some kind of secret conspiracy?! THIS . . . IS . . . FERDINESS!!!

As for FS2, I have a problem. My parents interrupted me during my posting montage tonight (especially with the new sig that I can't resize) and talked to me about the trip. Apparently I can't go 800 miles into nowhere. They might allow it if there's a parent driver, but I doubt it. :mad::(:urg::urg::mad::mad::(:urg:

I couldn't think of a sexy title, so here's a random short-notice party I just got permission to organize. We have all of winter break, and I'm not travelling at all, so we might as well abuse smash.

Date: Saturday, December 22. Hence the name winter solstice.
Time: It'll be the usual, 1pm - 9pm. Sleepover if you want :p

If you have any questions, call my house 880-8740 or cell 400-9215. As for food, I've got you homeslices covered :) Anyone is invited to come, one TV will be a Guitar Hero III fest also. That means I need full setups.

Right now, here are the people that are coming:

Doug Breen
David Breen
Daniel Breen
Cameron Burgard
Zman
Jordan Moore?

tw1n

Smash Champion
**** I would love to go to it but I work from 1 to 9 so I can't :( Those guys that are going to your place Neil, are they the new people that were at the last tourny by any chance? Oh and as for FS2, we WILL find a way for you to go k :D

Whoa!! I didn't even see your invite until now, at 3:30 on the 22nd.

Welladay, it sounds like people have been training. Good. I'll ask around in a few days/a week for more details on cars/rides/money situations for the tourney. Hope to see everyone come. THAT MEANS YOU NEIL!!!!!!

A Marth wall, huh? Well, I hate to tell you this, but Marth's a one man army, and he's got a battering ram. That wall better be made of 10 feet of concrete, or I'm going to crush it into dust and find a way around it. Just to let you know.:)

tw1n

Smash Champion
I hope the smashfest went well. I'm getting anxious about the tourny. I hope all goes well (this includes Neil going)

Nevermind my asking about when it is. I AM THERE! I get off at seven and have sunday off, so I will probably just spend the night if thats alright Neil. I will call you when I get off work to see whats going on... GHIII!? YES!!!! Something I know I know I am good at!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya thats about right so far. Hmm... I need to start organizing the 12th more. I'm just not sure how to get going more with it. Who is interested in going so far? Pretty much everyone at the tournament last time said they would go. Anyone know how to get a hold of them? As of that how many Alb smashers are planning on going?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I must've missed that. Ok, well then, that's one major problem solved.

Steven, your car is GOING to be needed. Not only that, but if we use your car, cost for gas will be extremely low due to your awesome gas mileage (like, what? 40 mpg on the freeway?).

Is it ok if I tell my parents I'm riding with you?

Yeah--Housing is no prob either...I will offer up my house. anybody who is riding with me will just stay at my house. OR--we can just go ahead and all stay there and leave there--which ever is best, as this is an option.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think everyone staying there is a good idea, if possible.

By the way, I requested off from work today the 12 of Januray the 18th-20th of January, and the 10th-17th of Feburary. Gotz to have my Brawl playin' days without interruptions B)

hey guys i will be going to new mexico on the 29 for the new years holiday or something so i was wondering if you guys wanted to play or have a lil tourny cuz while im in new mexico i want to play everyone there :)

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Sounds good

I'm not sure what is going on this weekend. I heard that Erich might be holding a smashfest at his place on the 29th. But I also heard that Tw1n might be holding a smashfest as well. Will someone please clarify this.

Well, looks like Steven's car is in. Can the man himself clarify this?

Yea, about that...who's hosting the smashfest?? me, or the twins?? Tell me now twins!!!!!!!

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
SMASHFEST!

If no one is holding a smashfest tomorrow you could probably just come over to my place for a bit.* Here's my number 505-270-1131

Call me and let me know.*

Also, if ANYONE ELSE wants to come over and smash feel free.* Just give me a call.* In other words, that's an OPEN INVITATION for those who want to smash tomorrow.* COME TO MY PLACE!*

Just be sure to GIVE ME A CALL FIRST for directions and timing etc, etc.*

Even though I'm not really expecting anybody to show be sure to bring some equipment if you do (because I have only one complete set-up).*

Sorry about the late notice everyone.* But I couldn't let a weekend go by without smash.*

Nor could I let KenGeedorah walk away from NM without having played any of us.

BTW Anytime after noon is fine. Again, CALL ME FIRST! Just be sure NOT to call me BEFORE 12:00 noon.

Top Bottom