• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Dekar, I'm just gonna throw this out there

The game said "The winner is Meta Knight" but I lost because nobody told me your rules correctly.

:)

tekkie

Smash Master
alright drama queens i missed the end of the tournament so i dont know whats going on
lol

someone please tell me 224 is not a ledge grab number or something

To be fair, the rules weren't so clear. Rather than losing the set, I think it would've been more fair to just have a re-do. Though planking in general is totally uncouth.

Max Ketchum

*shrug* Play to win, my man. If it's not against the rules, it's fair game. Sure, it's a **** move, but so what? You're not playing Super Smash Gentlemen. We don't have to curtsy and bow to each other before we play. We're a bunch of pixelated Nintendo characters running around, there's no "honor".

And yes, 224 is absolutely ABSURD, but if I knew it was 70 or 50 or whatever it was, I'd have at least TRIED not to waste all my grabs instantly. And since at Pound, the ruling was only on a timeout, I could have used the three extra stocks and three minutes I had to kill his last stock off.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If it had been 80 or something slightly more reasonable, (reasonable my *** lmfao) I'd have been fine with that, BUTTTTTTT it was 224 :O

I ran off and let you get the second kill so you'd keep on camping the ledge lol.

I'm just a god?!

Quote:

"You're not mad right? It's just a game."

Of course I wasn't mad newbert you timed yourself out!

@Everyone- regardless of oos attendance, from now on all of our tourneys will be MK banned (if I'm running them). It's not worth the headache, and the best the MK mains can hope for is second anyway, so we'll just let them use alts.

Arms

Smash Rookie
Let us fight like gentlemen.

GUTTER TRASH!!!

You have no dignity..

Max Ketchum

It was 224 because I had been wrongfully informed minutes before our match that there was no limit. You let me get the second kill? Had I known the rules, that'd have ****ed you over big time.

Quite grimy of you to sit there all smug while the entire crowd remains quiet then go home and talk **** on the boards about it, imo. Dekar's so awesome that he doesn't have enough time to beat people himself--he just lets the lack of a posted ruleset do the winning for him!

Dekar173

Justice Man
I was more irritated with the way you treated one of our locals, and with your general attitude towards him, than I was with your pathetic playstyle.

As I told you afterward, if you had touched the stage, I'd have ***** you!

Kind of like our matches we had over who got the 1st next to their name and who got 2nd- you know, when I beat your MK with Marth? lol.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Guys guys, who cares? It's over with. Dekar is a chill guy, Doom is a chill guy.

Althouhg this play to win style has one major flaw, it irritates people to the point of quitting. And once your entire scene drops out, who will you have to plank and win money from? Although effective in a game like brawl, it takes away from the most important aspect of the game: the fun.

Arms

Smash Rookie
He said Walker needed to kill himself, and treated him like ****, that's kind of uncalled for imo.
That kinda sounds like how almost everyone else treats him...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

edited cause ive been drink and this came out wrong

Max Ketchum

I was more irritated with the way you treated one of our locals, and with your general attitude towards him, than I was with your pathetic playstyle.

As I told you afterward, if you had touched the stage, I'd have ***** you!

Kind of like our matches we had over who got the 1st next to their name and who got 2nd- you know, when I beat your MK with Marth? lol.
Like when I went for a suicide hit that wouldn't have killed you at 50 game 1 of that? I actually forgot we were even still treating that set seriously, lol.

Take what I say about people with a grain of salt, ma d00. Obviously I didn't mean he should kill himself, he just annoyed me and I wasn't a fan of him. I throw dumb **** around like that like it's nothing. Perhaps East Coast sarcasm is too much for you to handle.

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
Stop being a douche lord Casey. Plain and simple, the rules should have been made clear. It also isn't fair to make a decision about planking after-the-fact. At least have the decency to tell him during the **** match.

It was supposed to be a tournament for fun. It had 16 entrants, lighten up people.

And Casey, you have no room to talk about bad mouthing other state's players without knowing them.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I'm glad I collected my winnings and left before the planking dispute, a maneuver I officially christen the Cash n' Dash.

Actually I have no feelings about the planking dispute, I just wanted an excuse to coin the term Cash n' Dash.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
"The worst kind of apologies are apologias.
Look up the meaning of the latin word, or if you want to go above and beyond, read The Apology of Plato (Socrates).
And the best kind of apologies are actions."
- A proverb I made up just now with which I hope to gain fame.

Arms

Smash Rookie
"The worst kind of apologies are apologias.
Look up the meaning of the latin word, or if you want to go above and beyond, read The Apology of Plato (Socrates).
And the best kind of apologies are actions."
- A proverb I made up just now with which I hope to gain fame.
Don't quit your day job

I'm glad I collected my winnings and left before the planking dispute, a maneuver I officially christen the Cash n' Dash.

Actually I have no feelings about the planking dispute, I just wanted an excuse to coin the term Cash n' Dash.
Haha, truly genius Steven. Truly genius. That will go down as a famous phrase I hereby declare to be using in the future. Mhmm.

P eople
O rder
O ur
P atties

Just throwin' that out there. Like a monkey! ;)

Also...stop your complaining dudes. Enough is enough, and it's gotten a little out of hand, perhaps to the point of immaturity. I shouldn't even need to be making this post. Bashing people never makes others feel good: I know. Doom: Don't be so irritated with people. Do better with that and be a little nicer to others in a state you are a guest in. I don't care if it's sarcasm, I don't like jokes like that. Though you seemed alright to me in the short time we met. =) KC: Make the rules more clear next time and don't take advantage of others for something unclear. Make sure they know the consequences before they do it and be more fair. A notable guest to NM is a guest, and we must be better hosts than this. You're both at fault for something. Besides, it looks like you both need to face off in tournament again to prove who's really better. And I'd better not hear a rebuke from either of you saying that you already know who's better. Nobody's perfect, but come on people...this is sad. If you both have anything more to argue and pollute the thread with, then PM each other. Though I must say...Doom is indeed NOT the one who brought this subject back up.

Goodnight.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
YOU KNOW WHAT IS MORE FUN THAN TALKING ABOUT DUMB STUFF THAT HAPPENS AT TOURNEYS KITTENS LETS TALK ABOUT KITTENS.

OKAY, IT'S OVER YOU GUYS. Stop fighting and arguing over it all, it's over. Everyone is at fault, me, doom, casey, PICTOCHAT, tim's hat, you get the idea. Stop fighting about it to eachother, I was TO, if you had problems/questions they should have been directed at me. Even I got screwed on this, but **** happens.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAD FUN PAST THIS DRAMA AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN SOON AHHHHHHHH

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
What the ****.

You did not just blame my hat you god ****ed mother ****ing banana ******* **** **** *** catcher.

You will regret this day.

Dekar173

Justice Man
August, you would have sex with kittens if they didn't stay at least 2 city blocks away from you at all times ever since that one time Captain Nibbles never came back.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
that's the second female i've heard this week say they were just the best.

i've given up.

oh yeah, molly, christina says she will stomp you in mario party. (which might as well read "will stomp you in rock paper scissors)

Top Bottom