• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tekkie

Smash Master
nolan, definitely get at me tonight on when the earliest i can get to unm tomorrow. august, check your PMs. i need to figure out ASAP whether i should go to my house first or straight to the tourney.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
So it seems I have a ride to take me to the tourney tomorrow. Problem though, I don't have money to enter, so yeah. I'm fairly certain no-one would help pay for me either. :p

NEIL, clean out your inbox! I wanted to send you a PM of my location but it's too full.

I wouldn't trust me for a ride, Tekkie. I'll probably end up going eventually, but I am reliant on either getting a ride from my dad at whatever time is most convenient, or waiting for my car to be fixed, which is potentially not going to happen tomorrow. So, you should just go with your plan B.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
let's all just tell my game plan to doom, thanks walker.

i don't care who you play in our non mk mm. if you want, we can have a third mm where I don't play pika.

I NEED SETUPS, TVS, TABLES, CHAIRS, POWER STRIPS ANYTHING THANKSSSS <3

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I can bring a table only if someone is willing to take it after the tourney is over. I unfortunately won't be able to stay long.
Reposting because there is an apparent need for tables, but I don't want to commit to bringing mine unless I know it won't be abandoned in the basement. If someone confirms that they can take my table after the tourney and hold onto it until I can pick it up, I'll bring it.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, I'll be coming over to the campus myself, so I don't need a ride. Just letting you know so you don't drive over here and me end up not being at home, lol.

Someone has my Iron Man sunglasses because I left them there. Whoever found them, can you please bring them to the next fest I am at? That would be much appreciated. :) I left them behind the TV Neil brought for Melee, with the couch to sit on. Someone's Boba Tea cup was next to them as well, I think one of the Twins' or Lewis'. At least, it looked like a Boba Tea cup.

BTW, good to see you Lewis!! Sorry if I seemed a little bit stressed or irritating...because I am a little stressed! Haha. You're not that bad of a teammate, it's just that when I team with you I have to play a different style and a different character. You like to be in the fray, so much so that you are often like Neil and you hit people you don't intend to. So I have to pick someone who can coordinate with that style and stay out of your range easily. :)

It was fun being there at the tournament everybody. It had a really positive atmosphere, and it was very spacious. I like that venue. :) Hopefully I'll see you all soon, mhmm. I'm tired, which makes me grumpy...I'm-a go to bed now and sleep. I don't know why you all needed to know this, but you did.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Awesome tournament.

Thanks to Nolan for hosting.

Thanks to August/Zack/Whoever ended up with my stuff for taking it. I can pick it up pretty much any time tomorrow.

Thanks to CO, EP and Doom for coming out. Despite my not playing Brawl, you made the whole event way cooler. And the preceding fest was ****. Thanks to Neil for hosting that.

Thanks to everyone for the mad SF hype.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Very good tourney! I had a lot of fun there. I still think I suck, but I'm getting better, I'm sure.

By the way, Carl's Jr. on Alameda close to the freeway is now hiring. So is the Sonic in front of Goodwill on San Mateo. Just letting people who need work
Walker, lol
know about this. I've already applied to both places.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Paul- change your avatar to a picture of meno.

August- change your avatar to a picture of demonictoonlink.

New Mexico Twins powers activate!

Kyle and David = Magic Twins now.

@Banjo- we plan on playing tonight I think, for now I'm doing one of my finals :O

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Oh noice. PM me or something (I don't have MSN) when you guys are gonna start.

Also, lol Neil.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Here guys, this is for the time being until Nolan posts a full results thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274325

Edit:

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
-Matches will be 3 stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on number of entrants, number of players per pool, number of pools, and which round of pools it is.

All other questions of rules will be directed to me.

ctrl + f "70"

ctrl + f "edge grab"

not found

<_<

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap!

Also, good seeing everyone I knew and meeting new people, even if I didn't talk to el paso and doom that much.

Brawl- is too fun, and steven too much hype for ssb vs. sf

tekkie

Smash Master
hay guiz get at me with the code set information anyone may have used with their wii plz plz plz

i cant watch my EPIC MONEY MATCH?!?!?!???!!!!???! with doom without codes :O

actually i think i only need the one for the second TV farthest from nolans computer that felt laggy and weird and whatever was being used on the TV facing the door

Top Bottom