• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Neil, PM me your address pleases thanks yous. We're probably gonna try to arrive around 5 or 6 friday if is ok.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Finding work sucks. I applied to like, 10 different jobs over the past few weeks and I haven't gotten a call. I want that money for Super Mario Galaxy 2...

Speaking of monies, I don't think I'll be able to attend the tournament on the 8th. Maybe if a miracle happened I could come to it.

Yea...it's pretty iffy. Just be sure to call them back 2-3 days later and say something like you turned in an application and you were wondering how that was going. They like that. :)

Haha, good ole' Timotee! He's a miracle.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Not like I haven't. But if 100 people apply for one job (and don't kid yourself, they do), and some of them don't have any experience, guess who gets the job? Not to mention that most hiring is done out of the corperate offices, so making a good impression with the manager doesn't help at all

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dress nicely, stand up tall, firm but not hard hand shake, call back 2-3 days later doing an application check, afterwards all back once more a couple weeks later to see if anything has changed. be assertive but not creepy. And look for places with the big "Now Hiring" signs.

Oh and try Wal mart, they're usually hiring. Same with call centers.

Which brings me to the next big one: Don't be picky with where you apply. Beggars can't be choosers. Once you get a job you can still apply to new, better places after a couple of months or so.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Lol Kyle, I have done all of those. ALL. This isn't the job market of 3-4 years ago, literally every place gets like 50+ applications a day, minimum (the Dions said they get about 80 every time they do interviews>>>>)

It's not so much about me, as the fact that I have no prior experience anywhere, and there ar a million other people like me, but a few who have worked in that field before. It's just a ****ty job enviorment, like maybe you've heard?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I meant to buy online lol. I figured stores wouldn't be too good. Thanks tho Zach :D
I'll probably pick up the cheaper one because it's almost a third the price (and hopefully is still good enough)
It won't be better. When comes to sticks price almost always equals quality.

But the cheaper stick is a great way to introduce yourself to sticks if you're not used to them.

tw1n

Smash Champion
It won't be better. When comes to sticks price almost always equals quality.

But the cheaper stick is a great way to introduce yourself to sticks if you're not used to them.
That's right! Start cheap with sticks and work your way up. Paul knows how it rolls....

We are talking about gay prostitution right?

Someone actually got good footage of Gkirbz from a month ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

:p
wtf how'd they get this on tape?

also twin in case you dont know we have renamed nana and popo officially the nm twins.

its perfect because you guys like wrestle and stuff, and can grab someone to 50 percent irl by yourselfs and if you were to team up on someone then you could throw them back and forth between each other like it was somethin to do fo fun and ****, plus you could totally do even better desynchs than the in game ice climbers, like once in az i saw **** desynch short hop rabbit pull while the other was spamming card tricks and solo chaingrabs

dude no cuz shot guns beat regular guns everytime

plus the image of kirby walking in blowing metaknights brains out with a shotgun that sprays a burst of excessive buckshot all over for even thinking about approaching is so much better than the image of kirby shooting a regular gun only to have mk chop all 6-12 of the bullets in half with nair along with kirby and the gun

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Not like I haven't. But if 100 people apply for one job (and don't kid yourself, they do), and some of them don't have any experience, guess who gets the job? Not to mention that most hiring is done out of the corperate offices, so making a good impression with the manager doesn't help at all
Wrong. When you turn in your application the person who takes it is supposed to write down his/her first impressions of you. They are also supposed to write how you are dressed as well.

Yup. You do have a point Goyf: getting a job for the first time is the hardest part. Persistence is good, but don't be overbearing haha. Still, be persistent. Steven and Everett have a good point too. Your first impression will most likely be made when you hand in your application. Another thing to consider is to ask to see a manager and hand the application to them directly. If they offer to shake your hand, shake it nice and firm. But don't hold your hand out first to shake. The rest...well, I'm sure you know the drill after so long, ja? :dizzy: Keep trying you guys, you'll get it.

EDIT: So where is this tournament at on Saturday? And what time? I don't feel like searching through the pages for the flier.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
dude no cuz shot guns beat regular guns everytime

plus the image of kirby walking in blowing metaknights brains out with a shotgun that sprays a burst of excessive buckshot all over for even thinking about approaching is so much better than the image of kirby shooting a regular gun only to have mk chop all 6-12 of the bullets in half with nair along with kirby and the gun
Almost good enough to sig. But definitely something I'm saving for later use :p
Good quote haha.

tw1n

Smash Champion
wtf how'd they get this on tape?

also twin in case you dont know we have renamed nana and popo officially the nm twins.

its perfect because you guys like wrestle and stuff, and can grab someone to 50 percent irl by yourselfs and if you were to team up on someone then you could throw them back and forth between each other like it was somethin to do fo fun and ****, plus you could totally do even better desynchs than the in game ice climbers, like once in az i saw **** desynch short hop rabbit pull while the other was spamming card tricks and solo chaingrabs
Lol this is the one m y bro was meant to quote. Very legit tho =] We can do handoffs better than IC's too ;)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Lmao!

Dao's a 1 naner diddy don't pay him any attention :O

Erich- the tourney's at Nolan's dorm (the basement) on Saturday starting at noon.

Steven, can you bring tables?

I'll bring my power supply, we've got nolan's, and we need like 1 or 2 more. Who can bring one?

We also need chairs. I'm assuming we can use the ones in Nolan's dorm, but that's only 2, we need more on top of the random couches and stuff that are already in the basement.

Doom, I'll take your money =O

Top Bottom