• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh god.

I definitely learned a lot from AZ grand challenge. I definitely got ***** :D no denying that.

Definitely learned about endurance from that tournament. I got to the point where I just ran out of juice, yet you guys were still good. I was surprised. :D

New mexico is deff not better than arizona as a state
Stop having illusions just cause your best is so good

Bryce, our like 7th best player went to your state and got 5th, wobbles and sinz (two out of staters) took second/third

I'm not even being biased either.
Look at results for grand challenge too
3 new mexicans in the top like 24
Most of new mexico got like 25th or 33rd

That tournament proved 2 thing

Considering the top 5 or so players
Utah > AZ > New Mexico

Considering the states as a group (top 10 or 12 or so)
AZ >> Utah > NM

Unfortunately, Utah has become a lot weaker because of people moving and going on missions, but they are still my love <3

Underload

Lazy
NM is better than all the 4 corners in Brawl and in melee it goes like this AZ>NM>CO>UT

and now UT is probably the second worst brawl state (infront of CO) because almost all great players moved :(

And August we aren't supposed to tell them that you're the best :p

:link:
Melee: AZ > CO > NM > UT
Brawl: NM > AZ > UT > CO

I've hardly seen AZ play Brawl, and sadly UT's two best moved. Hell, I could easily put Colorado over Utah in Brawl, looking at Ranbat 1 results. Dave beat Sinz (Sinz getting 5th as a result) and Yaz got 9th. But for now, I need a couple more tourney results before I can make any argument.

As for Melee, it's mostly speculation for me, but I do remember NM getting ***** last time CO Melee went down there. But, again, speculation and 6 month old results. Only way to settle it, obviously, to play it out. I'd put my money on CO's best beating NM's best in Melee any day, though.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
@Darklink

Grand Challenge was one tournament, settle down =P. And I don't think it's fair to base your 7th best players performance at a single tournament as a valid point considering at supercon steven and I placed higher then you and tied with duke, who doesn't even play anymore. I'm sure steven's top five but i'm not :p.

Isacard you got better seeding than me in supercon, i played mikehaze AND that tournament was early summer
and i beat you in a moneymatch, and ***** you in our crew battle. So lol @ Supercon's placings.

Grand Challenge is the only tournament I can talk about since we were all there

4 of around 8 new mexicans got top 24
4 of around 8 Utans got top 24
3 of 4 El paso got top 24
13 Arizonan got top 24

so the rest of the people who came from those states got 25th, 33rd, or 49th

New Mexico's tournament

1. New Mexico's Best
2. Utah's Second Best
3. Arizona's Best
4. New Mexico's Second Best
5. Arizona's 7th best

Facts dont lie my fellow states

Underload

Lazy
I don't even see your name on the results page, Darklink, what'd you get / enter as?

Aaaaaanddddd, come down for Fighter Frenzy, I needs me some good MK practice. Pretty please?

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
isacard you got better seeding than me in supercon, i played mikehaze AND that tournament was early summer

and i beat you in a moneymatch, and ***** you in our crew battle. So lol @ Supercon's placings
I played Mikehaze too , and you did **** me in crew battles, no johns. That 1$ MM you did win, but off of a single mistech gay kill with me at like 40 and you at 120. MM on the 12th :).

lol you know about that tournament and you're saying NM > AZ
You suck at analyzing

Yea I'll think about coming, I kind of don't want too if like vegas and other states are though. Cause I wanted to pay for the plane ticket with the money I'd win from singles/doubles if it was just colorado

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Ok <3

Also to be clear
All our states are too cool, being in the same region and all, there's no hate whatsoever
Im just trying to prove an obvious point
<3

It's like the crap talking I'm doing for the 12th. Do I think I'm as good as I claim I am, nope. But it's all in good fun or to stir up debate and conversation/hype.

Proving a point is valid and thanks for being a good sport :D

:link:

Underload

Lazy
OH YEAH, that whole thing about New Mexico winning a tourney IN ARIZONA doesn't mean anything. That, and Arizona only getting 4th, and the guy that got 2nd being one of the remaining previously ranked players in UT. And you put Utah below Arizona because?

Yea I'll think about coming, I kind of don't want too if like vegas and other states are though. Cause I wanted to pay for the plane ticket with the money I'd win from singles/doubles if it was just colorado
You wouldn't win anyway if it was just Colorado and you.

And yeah, that's me calling you out.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
You overestimate yourselves.

NM only uses .01% of its total power in tournament. We avoid powering up because we lose our clothes in the process and destroy the venue. Not to mention it takes a long time.

13 Arizonan got top 24

New Mexico's tournament

1. New Mexico's Best
2. Utah's Second Best
3. Arizona's Best
5. Arizona's 7th best

As a whole (like top 10-15) Underload

We know Dekar is the best in our region
But if new mexico and utah comes and half of them cant even place in the top 24, what does that say, and yea I 2-0d that second best Utah player you're talking about.

but anyways
AZ and NM >>>>>Colorado anyway

Umm yea i would, you guys suck except for like 3 people, and you're not even top 5 in a bad state, thats just sad
I'm not even arguing with that stupid statement lol

Underload

Lazy
That tourney was in Arizona, how could you not expect to have more Arizona people place than *insert bordering state here*? That's just you trying to skew the results in your favor by digging lower and lower into the results.

Now, if you isolate the best players from each state, then you get some reliable results. Those results put the home state placing no better than 4th, and two bordering states taking top 3.

The last Colorado tourney you went to, you got...what, again?

Let's look at a wider scope. The last New Mexico tourney Arizona went to...oh, New Mexico won. Last Colorado tourney? Oh, New Mexico got 2nd to SoCal, and Colorado got 3rd to SoCal and New Mexico. Last Arizona tourney? You get the idea.

Underload, why do you keep neglecting the fact that 8 extra people came from utah and new mexico and couldnt even place top 24.

How old are you? Do you not understand Logic

If I took the top arizona players somewhere and we all placed 25th, under the respective state's top players, that would imply that those 24 players from that state are better than the top ten of arizona

Underload

Lazy
Yeah, so 8 lesser known players came from Utah and New Mexico and entered.

If you want accurate, reliable results, you look toward the higher skill levels. The Indianapolis Colts vs. The Bakersville Middle School Tigers isn't a fair matchup at all. What I'm getting at is, you're not comparing this apples to apples. Lower placings aren't interpretable just because of the sheer amount of Arizonans (?) that showed up to an in-state tourney. The numbers are what's skewing the results, not the skill. That, and you're looking at this with tons of state bias in your noggin.

I'm going to say it's you that doesn't understand logic, even if it is a stupid attack.

1. Dekar (NM)
2. Yaz (UT)
3. X (UT)
4. Wobbles (AZ)
5. Dark (no clue, assuming AZ? Iunno.)
5. Darklink (AZ)
7. Kiraflax (AZ)
7. Sinz (was he still NM at the time? If not, UT)
9. Furious Duffman (El Paso)
9. A.B. (again, no clue)
9. ZMan (NM)
9. Jard (AZ)

NM - 2 (3?)
UT - 2 (3?)
AZ - 4 (5?)

That's out of a pool of...50 people. I'm assuming at least 30 are from AZ? That's what I mean by kind of skewing the results.

Underload
Since Dekar is the best player of course anywhere in this region he goes he's going to win
So that allows you to say, oh New Mexico won here and there

What I'm trying to say is
Top 10 ok.
A better smash scene is one with a stronger group rather than the best person

Like I've stated before, I'M NOT COMPARING ONLY THE VERY BEST PLAYERS of every state

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Melee: AZ > CO > NM > UT
Brawl: NM > AZ > UT > CO

I've hardly seen AZ play Brawl, and sadly UT's two best moved. Hell, I could easily put Colorado over Utah in Brawl, looking at Ranbat 1 results. Dave beat Sinz (Sinz getting 5th as a result) and Yaz got 9th. But for now, I need a couple more tourney results before I can make any argument.

As for Melee, it's mostly speculation for me, but I do remember NM getting ***** last time CO Melee went down there. But, again, speculation and 6 month old results. Only way to settle it, obviously, to play it out. I'd put my money on CO's best beating NM's best in Melee any day, though.
Holy ****. If you are going to count the tourney we came to. That thing sucked ***. We got ****ed over in Wyoming. We got no warm up play at all. We arrived and immediately had to do our matches. Yazuo got sick from Wyoming and was sick at the tournament FYI.

None of the utah smashers had sleep(1-2 hours at MOST) and we still ***** your ****ing tournament.

Colorado has luck. Nothing else.

And Dave got lucky as ****. He even admits it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Seriously. That colorado tourney sucked so badly for utah.

I <3 tim, manny, and tony.

Thats it from CO.

Yea i remember the conditions
You guys got stuck in wyoming with no sleep for like 14 hours right, and even missed the doubles tournament
Yaz got sick

Those factors are the only reason you guys did bad
since we saw your states skill a month earlier

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah.

How you been ?!

You need to sext me more!

It was just a truthful attack, I'd be mad if i invested a lot of time into something to not be good at it either Underload

You honestly think dave deserved third at that tournament?
Behind Domo who's ranked high in midwest circuit and a ton of others

I dont think you understand what horrible seeding can do to results underload
It can really, really skew the results

Grand Challenge could've turned out so much differently had I not seeded the top 12 or whatever
For fun, just go make a bracket with bad seeding and see for yourself

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Isacard you got better seeding than me in supercon, i played mikehaze AND that tournament was early summer
and i beat you in a moneymatch, and ***** you in our crew battle. So lol @ Supercon's placings.

13 Arizonan got top 24

New Mexico's tournament

1. New Mexico's Best
2. Utah's Second Best
3. Arizona's Best
5. Arizona's 7th best

lol only 3 of us went to GC and 2 of us got top 10. The 4th guy who was my doubles partner was from el paso but he lives in phoenix now. he probably would have gotten top 24 though and you could have used him to beef you guys up more but he left before singles started :laugh:

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
That's only because I wasn't there lolz...

jk nothing but love for Jeris, Rafa, and everyone else.

Maybe on the 12th I'll actually show up on time to enter something.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol there might actually be a big one 40+ the day after the ablq tournament. We're probably racing back soon as its finished.

Besides that i'm not to sure holidays are coming up which means no money to spend for a lot of people. Theres a pretty big in july but hopefully something before that. I'll be sure to invite you though when i think its worth the trip :)

Thanks a lot A/B, you're a good man

Yea I consider Fluxus from Nevada, thats why you weren't in my shoutout thing either lol!

and Underload, arguments over internet are never personal :p
Just cause 3 states(and el paso) > Colorado
thats no reason to hate

I hope to see you sometime in the future!

Underload

Lazy
All I saw from that post was someone getting desperate to find an ad hominem attack since they can't find anything important to talk about, and johns about tournies you didn't place well at. Good players place well no matter what. Average players rely on playing opponents worse than them to brag about their placings.

And Arturito, I really wanna meet you someday :) Maybe when I can go out of state to something in NM.

Top Bottom