• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
"Last night I was in line of about 20 people, most of them being teenage girls, to buy a ticket for 2012. When the guy in front of me asked the worker how many tickets were left for New Moon. He than proceeded to buy all the remaining tickets and walked off to the nearest trash can to dispose of them. I laughed while the rest of the line started to freak out. The guy looked at me and goes, "Totally worth going broke for." MLIA."

Ahahahahahahahahha.

Amazing.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
The FML-type websites would be so much better if I could actually believe any of it. And it would've been so much more epic had that guy done that on opening night.

Is it wrong that I've had this running in the background for an hour?
http://www.leekspin.com/
It's not new to me, but this time I can't let go. SOO CATCHY.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
So what does she do at 16???

Hey Pound 4 people. Which hotel are we staying at? My vote goes to the one with the all you can eat breakfast buffet for the following reasons:
-A good filling meal before a long day of smashing will be a great thing
-I think more smashers are staying there :p

EDIT: Hey Dekar are we just going to find rooms off of people when we get there or should we get our own room? We can easily get 5 or 6 of us (4 from here, Bryce, probably Axe, plus). Thoughts?

And as well I guess the all you can eat buffet is only for 2 people per room >.<
Oh well there should be a continental breakfast at both anyways :p

:link:

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Dear Neil, team with me for the 12th. If you have a team mate already, then i BEG them to let me team with you. I'm OoS and an amazing falcon player, why WOULDN'T you want to team? Plus i have plenty experience in double-falcon team because of Plenip (I LOVE YOU JACKIE!). I'm qualified for position of neil's teammate. /resume

Axe is a ***** and FLAKED OUT ON ME. I HATE YOU JEFF!

You overestimate yourselves.

NM only uses .01% of its total power in tournament. We avoid powering up because we lose our clothes in the process and destroy the venue. Not to mention it takes a long time.

August...that made me laugh so hard I almost cried. We'd better start powering up now then, huh? ;)

HAHAHA!!! Oh my goodness...there is way too much hilarious going on. I like how NM has hardly posted at all the last...5 pages or so. Agreed Molly: JUSTICE! Also, Neil's idea is a good one, but uh...you don't make power rankings based on year old rankings, nor do you start them based on tournaments that happened 3-4 months ago. IF you start this, anybody, you must wait until this next tournament at least.

Also, DARN YOU KYLE!! You stole Paul as your teammate. Oh well. Maybe I'll team with your brother if I do Melee doubles?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Dear Neil, team with me for the 12th. If you have a team mate already, then i BEG them to let me team with you. I'm OoS and an amazing falcon player, why WOULDN'T you want to team? Plus i have plenty experience in double-falcon team because of Plenip (I LOVE YOU JACKIE!). I'm qualified for position of neil's teammate. /resume

Axe is a ***** and FLAKED OUT ON ME. I HATE YOU JEFF!
Hey GG7 I'm teaming with Neil at this lol.

however your double falcon team sounds sexy. So how about this: convince Axe to team with me and I'll be cherry (I'm actually a pretty decent teammate Axe I swear :p and I've gotten a ton better since AZ)

Not to make this into a soap opera or anything, buuuut....while we were smashing at Nolan's dorm today, Neil agreed to team with me.

Erich, David's the one who took Paul.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
David took Pual Erich.

And Neil you back stabbing *****!!!! You shall burn for this!!!

haha it doesn't matter. Again maybe I can get GG7 or Axe to team with me :p

(DO IT! :p)

EDIT:
and I disagree Erich. I think that tourneys like the one in AZ should count because they were pretty recent and we need something to base power rankings off of. Note this isn't to be biased towards myself in any way. But trying to base power rankings off of the one tourney thats coming up is not a good idea

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Of course they should count.

What kind of person would say such an idiotic thing!?

David took Pual Erich.
EDIT:
and I disagree Erich. I think that tourneys like the one in AZ should count because they were pretty recent and we need something to base power rankings off of. Note this isn't to be biased towards myself in any way. But trying to base power rankings off of the one tourney thats coming up is not a good idea
Hmmm, ok. Sorry. I think we should team then Kyle. If not, then whatever. Also, I agree that we should not use just one tourney, but I do not think you should use a tournament in AZ that few NM players were at. That makes little sense. That's even less of a good start than one good tournament IN NM that has all of, or most of, NM's players attending. Regardless, you shouldn't base power rankings off of one tournament, you need many. But somewhere to start those tournaments is NOT a tournament in another state. :)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Az had me, Neil, Steven, David, and Lewis for melee. Z man may have entered too. 6 > a few :p As well that tourney featured some powerhouse players like... well AZ :p as well as el paso and others. So it only makes sense to include it :p

But yes we would need several tourneys to get a good idea. Oh wait heres a good idea: LETS START DOING MONTHLIES OR BIWEEKLIES AGAIN. There i said it :p

And maybe bro on the teaming thing :D

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Chris, your resume was submitted relatively late to the deadline, which is 11:59 p.m. MST on December 11, 2009. That's a whole 8 days early. Princeton just laughs at that kind of pathetic ****.

Steven, I mentioned at Nolan's dorm that if any of AZ wants to team with me . . . then I may not team with you. Also, my exasperated "Yes okay fine" didn't really mean yes T_T it was just so i could get on with my philosophy homework

This is what I'll say right now to anybody that is asking to team with me - :(

EDIT: HOLY SWEET JESUS AT WALKER'S NEW USERNAME

But AZ's not part of NM. Unless you're talking about regional power rankings...o.O

I second this post's idea of monthlies/biweeklies. Maybe turning a fest into a mini-tournament somehow?

Cool beans yo. Sounds good.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
if what daniel is telling me is true then we can use his church for monthlies w/o a fee. he just has to get off his ***** *** and do it.

and i didn't enter melee in az. i could pick up MAYLAY again if i wanted to but there's more competition in brawl plus i don't wanna pick up an 8 yr old game again.

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
Silvery Minnow

(follow this comment with a more worthless one continue the trend!)
(the word Bryan, Norm, and Tim are excluded because it is impossible to be more worthless than that)
(repost at the bottom of your worthless comment)

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
EX: Norman (forbidden word)

(the word Bryan, Norm, and Tim are excluded because it is impossible to be more worthless than that)

Your mother.

So, anyway...this is important, so I'm posting this now. I think I need to know where the tournament is at and also...when, exactly? It's the 12th, duh. But what time does it start at? And we should probably figure out the order of events, or where each game will be set-up if we want to have them all in the same relative time-frame, which I am assuming we want to do. And has anyone advertised this to the rest of the noob-ish state anyway? Not that that would attract Melee players, but it would attract some Brawlers, I'm sure.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
EDIT: HOLY SWEET JESUS AT WALKER'S NEW USERNAME
Lol someone noticed.
..............................................................................................

Neil

Also, tourney thread or something.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8893134#post8893134

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
the game

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
and i didn't enter melee in az. i could pick up MAYLAY again if i wanted to but there's more competition in brawl plus i don't wanna pick up an 8 yr old game again.
Game has to be competitive before there's competition.

Lapo's food.
Agreed. Their orange juice is probably the worst thing I've ever tasted.

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU MESS UP ORANGE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
I wanna meet some AZ people... especially the twins!
Lol everyone wants to meet us =] But here's the thing. WE LIVE IN NM!!! So its a closer drive for ya buddy :)

@Paul: Its cool bro I get it. If you go then for sure we'll team... unless I can get Axe to team with me =] (odds are low lol)

Dude teams at this for NM will be more Effed up than Neils BO at Genesis.

Teams so far include:
Neil and Kyle
Neil and GoldenGlove
Neil and GG7
Neil and August joking
Neil using two controllers.....

Am I the only one seeing a pattern lol

Top Bottom