• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

"As evidenced by ADHD winning one tourney and losing to all the MKs all the time in the others, and no other successful top level diddys? Tournament evidence is the be all end all, because it shows what actually happens, not theory, and overall Diddy loses to MK in top level results."

THATS AT TOP LEVEL PLAY

Jeez i hate when people talk about the highest level of play
because truth be told we really suck...ANY ******* character in S,A,B, or C tier can be really competitive at our level

Fow with ness for example.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
"As evidenced by ADHD winning one tourney and losing to all the MKs all the time in the others, and no other successful top level diddys? Tournament evidence is the be all end all, because it shows what actually happens, not theory, and overall Diddy loses to MK in top level results."

THATS AT TOP LEVEL PLAY

Jeez i hate when people talk about the highest level of play
because truth be told we really suck...ANY ******* character in S,A,B, or C tier can be really competitive at our level

Fow with ness for example.
Top level of play is the only real proof. You are right, we do suck, therefore out results don't mean a **** thing. Yes, we can win tourneys with garbage characters, but they aren't relevant tourneys.

Again, if people suck, as you claim (and I pretty much agree with), why does it matter? random Ikes that **** casuals also don't matter. Otherwise you are compiling inaccurate data, because you are using bad players as an example of MUs. Only top level matters. Thanks for reiterating this for me

Gnes. Just sayin'.
Gness lost to the Mks or something?

Wait, he did. *points up*

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time yesterday guys, you're very welcome for the fest ;)
I'm sorry for kicking you all out early though...my mom did turn out to go bat**** insane the next morning - by hiding my laptop ... meaning that I couldn't post until now, which was when she finally cracked.

I probably can't substantiate anything to your boring blazblue blabberinng
but after playing Nu yesterday, I'm predicting some horrible Sakurai-ing to the future Blazblue versions (or whatever you call it, I call it version)

EDIT: May these smiley faces brighten your day!!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Gnes

Smash Master
Top level of play is the only real proof. You are right, we do suck, therefore out results don't mean a **** thing. Yes, we can win tourneys with garbage characters, but they aren't relevant tourneys.

Again, if people suck, as you claim (and I pretty much agree with), why does it matter? random Ikes that **** casuals also don't matter. Otherwise you are compiling inaccurate data, because you are using bad players as an example of MUs. Only top level matters. Thanks for reiterating this for me

Gness lost to the Mks or something?

Wait, he did. *points up*
My fault. I should leave my meta banned region and go elsewhere :(

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Yeah, thanks for the fest, Neil. And it does seem that Lambda has received major ner***e. Hopefully Arakune has it much worse though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We are watching Kung Fu Panda tomorrow night on my channel. 9 pm.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)

Dekar173

Justice Man
@Inui ordeal- Yes, I sandbagged. It was a stupid thing to do, considering he's traveled all around and encountered plenty of people who have probably tried the same thing. On the last match I asked if he'd like to double the wager, then he said "maybe later" and ultimately, outright denied it.

@Gnes- He's good, but he got 3-0d by Dojo in WFs, it was a total massacre. I went even with him and it was down to last hit last round and I definitely choked there (I had the lead the whole time, and then when I had an opportunity to dsmash, I grabbed =/) He got 3-0d because he DOESN'T INSTANT THROW! After watching me v Dojo he finally decided it was time to try it out, and lo' and behold- he beat Razer for once. Razer says he SDed and stuff, so I don't know the whole story, but ya, he took my advice and admitted that it definitely helps ;)

@Tourney- I lost to ****ing Ozz. That was the most disappointing moment of the tournament. I tripped a combined total of FOUR TIMES into mega punishment, one of which was a fully charged fsmash. I tripped ANOTHER TIME to where I couldn't punish his recovery (upB from below the stage for Falco = -1 stock!) and that would've made it 1-1 in our set, but instead I tripped and finally lost. Then again, I should have outplayed him to the point where even with all of that divine intervention, he should have still lost.

<3 NM for all the support, sorry I make stupid choices :| Never again. No Koast here I come :)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
@Inui ordeal- Yes, I sandbagged. It was a stupid thing to do, considering he's traveled all around and encountered plenty of people who have probably tried the same thing. On the last match I asked if he'd like to double the wager, then he said "maybe later" and ultimately, outright denied it.
I figured as much, but why did molly say different?

@Gnes- He's good, but he got 3-0d by Dojo in WFs, it was a total massacre. I went even with him and it was down to last hit last round and I definitely choked there (I had the lead the whole time, and then when I had an opportunity to dsmash, I grabbed =/) He got 3-0d because he DOESN'T INSTANT THROW! After watching me v Dojo he finally decided it was time to try it out, and lo' and behold- he beat Razer for once. Razer says he SDed and stuff, so I don't know the whole story, but ya, he took my advice and admitted that it definitely helps ;)
You shouldn't have let him outplace you........

Still, never any shame in losing to Dojo.

@Tourney- I lost to ****ing Ozz. That was the most disappointing moment of the tournament. I tripped a combined total of FOUR TIMES into mega punishment, one of which was a fully charged fsmash. I tripped ANOTHER TIME to where I couldn't punish his recovery (upB from below the stage for Falco = -1 stock!) and that would've made it 1-1 in our set, but instead I tripped and finally lost. Then again, I should have outplayed him to the point where even with all of that divine intervention, he should have still lost.

<3 NM for all the support, sorry I make stupid choices :| Never again. No Koast here I come :)
You can't stop divine intervention.

Regardless, you will be playing against some really annoying Falcos when we play next time. The only time anyone should lose to Falco with a good character is when it's SK92 or Larry.

Just don't choke, ok?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dekar is the modern day Isai. Sandbagging included. One day people are going to say the name Dekar and everyone around them will start cheering at the thought of him. Tourney attendence will skyrocket once they get word that Dekar is thinking about going (even if he really isn't).

Wow...I haven't been on here in a while. Hi? Haha.

I need to go to another fest/tournament. Partly to play and have some fun, but also because I have some things that are DESPERATELY in need of being returned to people. Isn't there a tournament this weekend? Or maybe a Friday fest the night before?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Wow...I haven't been on here in a while. Hi? Haha.

I need to go to another fest/tournament. Partly to play and have some fun, but also because I have some things that are DESPERATELY in need of being returned to people. Isn't there a tournament this weekend? Or maybe a Friday fest the night before?
It's a UNM brawl tourney this weekend.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I've got class until two, i'm about to leave, I just got home from work a little ago so I got onlinee. The smash will definetly go until four Walker but I'm not sure what's going on after that, I might not be able to play for too much longer, probably not past six. I've got some homework/other junk.

Also, we might be wiiless.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Ah I was going to bring my Wii but I forgot that and my controller >.<

but then again my Wii gives a kind of static like look whenever playing on some stages (battlefield mostly). It's weird
Better than mine, that won't play certain characters, or Nolan's, which won't play at all :(

Nolan, I'm bringing my wii, for whatever it's worth.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Have you guys heard about this game "Epic Mickey"? It's like a steampunk-horror-vision of Disney. The concept art looks ****ing amazing, and I'm potentially excited for the game. My only issue is that it's apparently Wii exclusive. Now, I'm not saying that because it's on the Wii, it's instantly **** (like most things on the wii), but that the limited power will make it difficult to see the jaw-dropping art come to fruition.

Take a look for yourselves:

http://gameinformer.com/cfs-filesys...00.00.00.00.06/7558.epicmickey_2D00_cover.jpg

Now THIS is how you do disney, not that Kingdom Hearts BS.

tekkie

Smash Master
I'm super excited for Epic Mickey because

steampunk
:D (and it looks awesome in general)

And I'm pretty sure I can go to the UNM tourney this weekend. I just need to find a way to get there from the west side. (Erich? August? Paul? <3)

also i believe the sandbagging story because every time i saw dekar monkey flip into a MK dsmash i died a little inside

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I said differently Goyf because I wasn't aware he was stupid enough to try and sandbag a $50 mm >.>

And he didn't tell me about the sandbagging any of the times I talked to him.
He sandbagged in the 275 dollar AZ winners finals too. It's like crack to him lol.

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
Yeah but at least he had a guaranteed shot of coming back to win. Unlike the Inui scenario where he left it up to him.

Not to mention, sandbagging against people at AZ wasn't really a big deal compared to playing Inui in front of TX.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
kingdom hearts sucks.

i find it funny of all the sites i can get work on my pc, nico nico douga is one of them :p

and casey how are you going to no koast? i would love to go, but im not sure if ill have enough money when it rolls around.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I'm not even going to waste my time on an essay on why KH sucks... Just deal with my opinion and go on with your lives.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i was gonna post a 300 reference, but kh doesn't deserve it.

kh can go join kira "jesus" yamato and jin in the "we try hard to be cool and angsty but we ****ing suck all the ***** in the house."

the point being, kira yamato, jin, and kh all go door-to-door sucking *****.

Top Bottom