• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
oh **** GORF JUST NINJA'D YOU NEIL YOU GONNA TAKE THAT?

from what i can tell, steven, paul, arms, gorf, and august are gonna go up to santa fe to play in the blazbore tourny there.
and yes, neil, hobo is this weekend.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
ugh...i just woke up

my mom and i need to go grab a few things outside; i'm sorry, i completely spaced on buying that stuff from the mall

so how about no earlier than 2 pm?
and what's the deal with this santa fe tourney?
and what's the deal with this casey and this luis and this inui
is HOBO this weekend?

if so my laptop(s) suck(s) so bring your own if you want livestream quality SO GOOD that you can feel the **** (as the giver...of course)
Why did you have to post the time for the fest while I'm asking?

Double post because I play Captain Falcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EFx0-Zkn54

Epic fail. That's why items should be legal. :p

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Casey was trying to play air battles..and MK >>>>> everyone in air battles
also, he got way too predictable with the forward b
that charged f-smash was the point of no return :(

anyways come to my fest now

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Someone text me when he does that.

801-885-4543

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
steven I really hope you are able to find your old gcn. :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Man, if dekar dun pick his **** up, Imma have to come down there and teach you kids to play.

What I saw was ridiculous.:ohwell:

~Fino still <3 NM
Fino, you heard right? Dekar wanted to double or nothing (after taking him to BF 3 times and doing intentionally stupid stuff in game) meaning he was sharking him. And how Inui dropped from singles after Dekar's team knocked his team out, then Inui walked around askind Dekar if he would team with him at the next hobo, but refused to accept the Double or Nothing, or even a 100$ MM?

Yeah, Dekar sandbags in 50 MMs. The only reason we should be pissed is that he lost to a non Dojo player in singles.

Thanks for the fest Neil, and GGs to everyone at the BB tourney. Woot at not last place.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
NM does john about MK to much lol wait till dekar loses to one then do it.
*Ahem*

MK is soooooooooooooooooooooooo....actually, I hate to say it, but this loss wasn't MK's fault. Casey choked =/. Which brings me to my next point...

@Anyone who wants to improve at the game - NM tends to talk itself up as a skilled state, and then just kind of rely on Casey to beat everybody. Casey is undoubtedly an amazing player, and throwing full support behind him is expected an encouraged. But when our own wounded egos john about his losses, it reveals how vicariously we link his performance with our own. Casey is one player, not a communal skill well. If you want to get better, be your own player. Instead of happily lining up to lose to Casey, play with the goal and expectation of BEATING him.

The above could be totally off-base, but it's what I've observed during Casey's reign as the top NM smasher.

Neil - I think I left my controller at your house. Silver and practically brand new. For the love of God don't leave it in El Paso. Also, awesome fest.

Everett - Sorry, I'm pretty sure I sold my working GC =/. I do have one that doesn't spin discs if you want to try your hand with it.

BB players - ****ING ARAKUNE.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Zack, your face rolling didn't do ****.

You telling us Arakune isn't bad is like me telling a Vietnam veteran whose face and spinal nerve endings were melted away, leaving him disfigured and crippled for life, "Napalm isn't bad." You weren't there man. You don't know the horror...

goldengloves...very true post.

you guys all talk yourselves up soo much and then just rely on casey to do everything

id rather have a strong crew (comparitive to the skill levels of our states) than one amazing player

and we all know MK vs Diddy is even

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
arakune isn't bad. just learn the matchup. **** he isn't even the best character in the game. :laugh:

**** blazblue, play tvc.

august- by shark do you mean 2c? if so i don't like that move, its too unsafe for my tastes.
He means the aerial dive, and it's ridiculously safe.

Also, the only reason he's not considered the best is because Nu can beat him. But he ***** everyone not named Rachel just as bad as Nu.

****. Now I'm tempted to pick up Arakune to show you exactly what we're talking about.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Incorrect, Dekar was not sandbagging or sharking. He actually lost that mm and I talked to him afterwords he wasn't happy about it. He's not going to intentionally lose a $50 mm with no guaranteed chance of winning that money back.
He is a dead man. No one should lose to Inui. There are no excuses for this. Ever.

*Ahem*

MK is soooooooooooooooooooooooo....actually, I hate to say it, but this loss wasn't MK's fault. Casey choked =/. Which brings me to my next point...

@Anyone who wants to improve at the game - NM tends to talk itself up as a skilled state, and then just kind of rely on Casey to beat everybody. Casey is undoubtedly an amazing player, and throwing full support behind him is expected an encouraged. But when our own wounded egos john about his losses, it reveals how vicariously we link his performance with our own. Casey is one player, not a communal skill well. If you want to get better, be your own player. Instead of happily lining up to lose to Casey, play with the goal and expectation of BEATING him.

The above could be totally off-base, but it's what I've observed during Casey's reign as the top NM smasher.
BB players - ****ING ARAKUNE.
I do try to beat Casey whenever I play him, and my mentality is always to be better than my opponent, but that does't mean he isn't our best player, or that he shouldn't have won. And sadly, while it doesn't actually reflect our skill, it does look that way to other people, who rarely judge anything based off of overall performance rather tan how high one player placed.

It is a good point though.

BUGGGGZZZZ!!!!!

As evidenced by ADHD winning one tourney and losing to all the MKs all the time in the others, and no other successful top level diddys? Tournament evidence is the be all end all, because it shows what actually happens, not theory, and overall Diddy loses to MK in top level results.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
@Zach: Lol Tager gets cursed even once and he's ****ed. There's literally nothing he can do. You just don't play Arakune effectively enough.

Meh, I least beat the arakune player/nate in winners, sending him to losers. But he decided to come back and play an anti-tager game in the finals.

Makes me realize I need to pick up a secondary for Tager's ultra gay matchups....nu, arakune, carl, etc.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
He is a dead man. No one should lose to Inui. There are no excuses for this. Ever.
Everyone chokes/is cocky/whatever. See DTL for you, random people all the time for me, neil for steven, inui for dekar, etc etc

Also, if smash is wanted tomorrow, can someone bring a wii?

goldengloves...very true post.

you guys all talk yourselves up soo much and then just rely on casey to do everything

id rather have a strong crew (comparitive to the skill levels of our states) than one amazing player

You come in here a lot and talk about how good your crew is to us over and over, but if thats the scenario your crew should take more top 4 slots at tourneys, but in the last tournament wasn't the top four like 2 Utah 1 NM 1 AZ? Waiting for johns...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Nu does not solve Carl. If you truly wish to break a Carl's heart, you pick rachel.

Edit: oh, and stop drama'ing with my smashers.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Everyone chokes/is cocky/whatever. See DTL for you, random people all the time for me, neil for steven, inui for dekar, etc etc

Also, if smash is wanted tomorrow, can someone bring a wii?

You come in here a lot and talk about how good your crew is to us over and over, but if thats the scenario your crew should take more top 4 slots at tourneys, but in the last tournament wasn't the top four like 2 Utah 1 NM 1 AZ? Waiting for johns...
Top 8
NM
UT
UT
AZ
NM
AZ
AZ
UT

AZ and UT are tied for most reps in top 8. :/

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
tis sad (not having more nm in top 8 in oos tournies). i guess i have to get better then. i can't let casey represent all of nm.

and does anyone wanna play some smash today? i am bored to tears right now and i have a car today and im willing to drive places.

Top Bottom