• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Nolan, if that Zombieland info is just based on what I told you, then bad news. Although I could have sworn the poster I saw said Thursday, according to Davis, the free showing was Tuesday. But maybe it's happening again, I dunno.

Also, the 16th colossus is a *****.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
So what is the plan for going to Santa Fe? Am I getting picked up, or do I need to get to someone's house?

Also, come to the fest on friday and bring BlazBlue August.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'll come to the fest... Well, my dad is going to Alamogordo this weekend, and I might not have a car if he takes the beemer, so, Paul, if I can maybe get a ride from you?

I've been playing BB online for matchup practice, but all I've encountered are hakumens, jins, and super scrubby noels..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i29EDJ5vcII

WHAT THE **** DID I JUST WATCH?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll come to the fest... Well, my dad is going to Alamogordo this weekend, and I might not have a car if he takes the beemer, so, Paul, if I can maybe get a ride from you?

I've been playing BB online for matchup practice, but all I've encountered are hakumens, jins, and super scrubby noels..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i29EDJ5vcII

WHAT THE **** DID I JUST WATCH?
Yay, I can practice!

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Everyone going to Santa Fe should go to Neil's fest on Saturday. The tourney doesn't start until 6pm, so we can hang out at the fest for a while, watch Casey destroy Inui on the livestream, and head out from Neil's.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
This info is for GG, from the loke test for BBCS:

Impression: based on Dora's post, →B rapid cancel leads to four seals combo, standing C in the mid screen leads to four seals combo, ↓A hit a standing opponent leads to four seals combo, anything standing B punishable leads to four seals combo. Bang is the best in the location test, period!

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Everyone going to Santa Fe should go to Neil's fest on Saturday. The tourney doesn't start until 6pm, so we can hang out at the fest for a while, watch Casey destroy Inui on the livestream, and head out from Neil's.
Ok ,will do.

Also, don't piss off M2K is the lesson MikeHaze should get from Coast to Coast.

So speeding up Bang's dive makes him totally ****?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/topic/2339886/1/#new

Rachel is simply the worst character in the game.......

I'm actually kinda lolling ,since Tager Hakumen and Bang are the 3 best characters in the game, when they were the worst before, and Rachel/A-11 (Nu with a new Brain lol) are the worst. They just flipped the teirs and randomly nerfed Noel and Jin.

EDIT:

This thread will be for known info about Rachel in BB: CS and discussion of it. Note that due to the game still being in loke tests, she will change over time.

System Mechanics:
nerf:Guard Libra Points: 4 (pretty low, she can't turtle much at all anymore)
nerf: There is a pause after using wind before it begins recovering again

Moves
nerf: j.2c no longer chains to j.c on block
nerf: j.2c is no longer jump-cancelable on block
nerf: j.2c is no longer special move cancelable (no more canceling to pumpkin -- bye bye oki)
unknown: j.2c can be canceled to one of her supers (dunno which one) during first half of recovery (not sure if this only applies to hit, or block too)
MAJOR NERF: j.2c is no longer cancelable on landing frames (JP BBS notes that if your opponent blocks j.2c, they can begin counterattacking -- Rachel loses momentum entirely. Unsure about how it works on hit.)
nerf: j.c hitstun reduced (no more relaunch combos or air combos to super? or maybe just no more iad combos)
nerf: 6b counterhit stun reduced (this means no more comboing directly into 6dc and no more dash super)
nerf: 236b/c have longer recovery time
nerf: Baden Baden Lily damage significantly reduced (JP BBS cites 2200 for melee super, 3800 for melee + 1 pole).
nerf: 6a loses to more attacks than it used to. Not sure exactly why yet.
nerf: 6a is no longer a guard point. possibly still heat attribute invulnerable? (can no longer eat projectiles)
nerf: more recovery on 3c

pumpkin changes (MAJOR NERF)
Pumpkin hitbox disappears if Rachel gets hit after it is activated
Almost no hitstun
+frames on block much less
Cannot summon another pumpkin while one is active. when the pumpkin disappears, a timer with 2 seconds appears. until that timer runes out, you cannot summon another pumpkin.

frog changes (MAJOR NERF)
Now has it's own life meter
Shorter activation range
No longer activates while the opponent is down
The frog no longer jumps -- it now crawls at a snails pace (but it is now affected by wind and slides like crazy if you use it)
Cannot summon another frog while one is active. when the frog disappears, a timer with 2 seconds appears. until that timer runs out, you cannot summon another frog.

buff: sword iris now usable in the air (command changed to 214c). it supposedly has very little landing recovery
buff: 4b is a bit faster
new move: New distortion drive called Tempest Dalia -- uses up all winds and will change depends on the number of wind left. Summons random projectiles and stuff onto the screen.

Combos
nerf: can no longer combo into frog, it literally won't attack an opponent during a combo and moves too slowly (this is bad, means less ability to regen wind during combos, and probably worse/no okizeme)
nerf: 3c9d combos became more strict (aka probably no more linking 6c from this. in combination with j.c untechable time this probably means the only way to super will be spending 2 wind to 3c9d 5b 4d super... IF that's even possible.)

Credit to Ceryn, Outtawack311, stunedge, ryokoalways and others for this info.
FML

LOL, this pic sums it up nicely:

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Yeah, Rachel got it pretty bad, I expect they'll revoke a lot of those changes though.
Thats what I'm hoping. Someone on dustloop suggested that they are trying every nerf possible, then keeping the ones they like. I'm praying that I don't main a character as bad as melee kirby in the next BB (because I'm not quitting Rachel even if she sucks /fanboyisim).

Also, STFU Everett.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
thats the spirit, gorf! main who who you want and don't worry about what tier their in!

and its this kind of thinking that makes me still main lucas and roy :/
Like maining Jiggs for like 6 months? I also like ICs, and happen to not like losing, so why not play both? I still use Jiggs in tourney sometimes.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I used to main Kirby in Melee!

Then I upgraded to Ness! Yeeeaaaaaaah!

But Bang will avenge them all. In the name of Love and Justice!

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
oh yeah arakune and zangief. i like using them too. i really like laritating through an ultra then ultra/super/spding them on wakeup :D
ololol

lariat is dumb. Have you seen the new ssfiv trailer? they show off the new *****, deejay, and t.hawk...

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Really sorry Twister! Twenty minutes with these girls ended up being longer. My bad D:

@Everyone BRING SETUPS FOR TOMORROW OH GOD

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Ok, wtf. Smashboards has gone overboard with auto-censor. I can't even say *****? What the hell kind of nazi forum is this?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Ok, wtf. Smashboards has gone overboard with auto-censor. I can't even say *****? What the hell kind of nazi forum is this?
LOL. LRN2 censor dodge. And yeah it's kinda dumb considering the games (both Melee and Brawl) are rated teen and all

Zman, it starts at 2ish.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I know how to censor dodge, but I'm lazy, and I shouldn't have to. Argh, so stupid.

And what do you bet that I get a ****ing warning for censor dodging a word I should be able to use? I swear, if another mod walks into this thread and starts crackin' down with the ban-hammer, I'm going to go ****ing postal.

Top Bottom