• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Due to family stuff, I can't hold a fest this Friday. D: I'm sure regular smashing will go on tomorrow but end early for those who have class.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Twikite, you can calculate how much the pot is, and then go to like wal mart and get three 3 visa cash cards or something like that. Right?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Nolan hit a good topic- venue fee.

Venue fee is basically what we would be paying to the UNM Anime Club for hosting a tournament for us. Typical venue fees are $5, and then typical local tourney entry fees would be $5.

You could calculate from turnout how much that entry fee would yield :O

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ahahahaha Easy Mac :p I don't know why, perhaps it's my DOWN'S SYNDROME but when I read that, my first thought was "Lunchables" and then I thought "wtf Steven, you villain, LUNCHABLES ARE DELICIOUS!"

But then my DOWN'S SYNDROME took a temporary break and allowed me to read what it actually said- Easy ****.

Easy Mac blows.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master

We were thinking of going on the assumption of (1) free money from the co kids or (2) seeing NM again and ****** your faces =]

~Fino
You will have to enjoy CO's money then, because Nm is having the tourney below. Sorry Fino :(

Yeah, it's that Anime Club again. What is their deal?

http://anime.unm.edu/2009/09/29/lobo-brawl-3/

We still can't sidestep the no-cash-prizes rule, so suggestions for prizes (i.e. Gift Certificates) are appreciated! Hopefully we'll see you all there - we're expecting a big turnout since it's a new semester!
Twikite, you can calculate how much the pot is, and then go to like wal mart and get three 3 visa cash cards or something like that. Right?
^9001 times that^ Charge a Venue fee of like 5 bucks, or take out like 10% of the pot.

Also, get ***** over and over Nolan.

Dekar, is the MM going to be on livestream? Because you will never get the chance to play him in tourney unless they have you play him first round, since he will be in losers right away.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Wow, F*** you too Nintendo. Does anyone else realize that some games come with automatic updates (Guilty Gear as an example), meaning you might be forced to pirate games to keep bricked Wiis while playing new games?

Seriously, F*** you Nintendo.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Because Derek has been requesting lately and because Nolan cancelled the fest Friday, I am issuing the following (predictable) statement:
There will be a smashfest at my house this Saturday, October 3 - despite what I said about not hosting fests until November.

Oh, and I won't be dropping by that BWW thing. I'm pretty sure they'd have this kind of marquee.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Derek can you do me a favor?
Can you goto 0:29 of this song and make his face into an avatar with his face on it? It is the one who says "in". My laptop broke and I lost photoshop. :( Can you put the pink border on it like my blue border on my current avatar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

EDIT: 1:41 with his mouth wide open.

Top Bottom