• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tekkie

Smash Master
I wanna go to a fest. That morning David and I are doing a magic thing for Make a Wish foundation from 5 am till 10 am then I work till 4. So if I'm awake I'll go to a fest :p
first of all, you guys are the coolest people ever.

second of all, 5am? wtf?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Part of the balloon fiesta is all I know. thats why its so **** early >.<

IMPORTANT

on travelocity.com flights from Abq to BWI airport for Pound 4 are only 196 (220 after tax)! If anyone wants to jump on this now then I'd recommend it considering its 50 less than a month ago and is likely to rise from here. I'm broke at the moment unfortunately but thought I'd let everyone else know who wants to capitalize.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Don't get me wrong people, I'm still having that fest.
good thing i'm not doing balloon fiesta **** until the weekend after that.

Before you click the link, know that the last few music-less seconds of this 2 and a half minute video is the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2egJNHFqpM&feature=fvw
That is arguably the best combo I have ever seen (and trust me, I have seen a LOT of Captain Falcon combos).

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i completely forgot its balloon fiesta time. i haven't been to the ballon fiesta in like, 5 years. maybe ill go.

on second though, i won't. too much traffic and short mexicans for my taste.

god**** imma be 17 on monday >_<

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Ok so that last one was pretty legit. Other than that the CF dodge rolled too much :p

Who are the players btw?
some mexican smashers

I finally decided to look at BWW, and on second thought, I'll probably join you guys on the next adventure (they've got a decent menu). Besides . . . I can get there in less than a minute :laugh:

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know the link to the unistaller for Homebrew? I need to get that off my Wii. NSMB carries a forced update, it's gona have to come off eventually.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Anyone know the link to the unistaller for Homebrew? I need to get that off my Wii. NSMB carries a forced update, it's gona have to come off eventually.
Wait just a bit, they already cracked the 4.2 update, they are just finalizing it.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
^I've already had Homebrew channel removed for a w hile now, and really don't care to install anymore of this.

But upon looking at the wikifacts of Bannerbomb homebrew and the official Nintendo release, it doesn't appear your Wii will even be "bricked"-it simply removes/disables homebrew, it doesn't render the Wii unplayable. Still, I'm keeping my Wii off for now until i get that confirmed, but 4.2 would wreck anything.

Edit-Just so you all know, after removing the homebrew channel and not running/trying to open the SD card from which you originally obtained the code, all that's "left" behind is a banner ID, which the update has no effect on. So simply removing HBC solves all the problems. Or just wait for 4.2U. Whichever.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
I haven't bought a VC game in months, lol. Sides, lack of N64 games=fail, all the NES/SNES can be found online. Sin and Punishment is what I'm looking forward to, in preparation for S&P2 :p

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I would like a friday fest! I need to get some BB practice in if we end up going to Santa Fe.

I haven't bought a VC game in months, lol. Sides, lack of N64 games=fail, all the NES/SNES can be found online. Sin and Punishment is what I'm looking forward to, in preparation for S&P2 :p
And to clarify on what Steven said, you can play Sin and Punishment without paying for it through the VC. Look into the .wad installer. How do you think we play Smash 64?

Through the power of HOMEBREW! ****, my wii actually gets some use now that I can burn games and whatnot.

And here's 3D Dot Game Heroes in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYxtqct0USI
Looks like Zelda, which is a good thing.
Looks amazing, which is a very good thing.

Oh, and the best part of the new L4D Campaign:

The best part is what Jonathan's Ghost says.

And pics of Continuum Shift:
http://japan.gamespot.com/arcade/news/story/0,3800075348,20400858,00.htm
Hazama looks so ****ing cool.

Twikite

Smash Rookie
Twikite, you can calculate how much the pot is, and then go to like wal mart and get three 3 visa cash cards or something like that. Right?
I think this would be the best option.
We did this last time, but would like to avoid it now and in the future, because...

1. We can only purchase cards pre-loaded with set amounts (i.e. $10, $25, $50), so we can't scale up or down depending on attendance. I mean... we could, but not in keeping with the correct ratios.

and 2. Each card purchased is taxed an activation fee equal to 10% it's value, so a $50 card actually costs $55, a $25 card - $27.50, etc. This really adds up when you have to buy seven separate gift cards. Less money to you guys; less money to us.

We're leaning towards Game Stop again, but we'll continue to look for/consider alternatives. :)

tekkie

Smash Master
I used all HM's though :(

And learning moves like Sandstorm, Defense Curl, and Rain seemed like a great idea at the time :(
once you learn everything past gen2 is **** you'll realize it's time to find/steal/save up for some hyper beam and you'll be set for life.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Instead of contributing to this thread in any way, I think I'll just spend the rest of my time spamming it up with random pics.

WHO'S GONNA GO SEE WHERE THE ****ING WILD THINGS ARE?!

An electrical engineer, a mechanical engineer, and a software engineer are on a road trip to a conference when the car suddenly sputters and dies. "It must a short in the wiring!" proclaims the electrical engineer. "Of course not, it's probably a stuck valve," responds the mechanical engineer. "Nonsense, both of you," says the computer engineer, "all we must do is get out of the car and then back in again."

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Paul and Steven, being sing is making me more tired then normal, lulz, I just woke up.

Anyway, FEST ON FRIDAY. At seven/six (I forget) there's a FREE showing to Zombieland to the first x people, go in a group? kk, lets do it.

Confirmed: Me, Walker, Steve and Beave.

Top Bottom