• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Tonight was fun guys, It would have been way more fun if my car wouldn't have got towed.. But if you guys do decide to have a fest tomorrow let me know cause I might have it back. If not maybe someone can give me a ride :|
D:! This sucks bro! Park at Einsteins, you'll never get towed.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Oh God, Patrick, that's horrible. You should've called me (err, you actually probably don't have my number. it's (847) 909-6726) or taken a ride with us, Paul and Steven's cars were locked in the parking lot... I'm really sorry, man.

As for the fest, yeah, funtimes, etc, etc.

As for my fest, I don't think it'll happen, but I'll give you guys an update in a few hours.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I got the IRL lolz. My dad hotboxed it in my room last night, and I went to class while all of my clothes smelled like weed.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
**** coming down with a cold :/

just a heads up, don't eat at the rodeo grill. its a very ghetto version of chipolte, and don't taste good either. and it's expensive (10 bucks for a burgurito, wtf?)

i give it 2/10
is this the restaurant that moved in to the old Range Cafe location?

Arms

Smash Rookie
TAGER
- Walk faster
- jump faster
- 2D is faster

Sounds good to me :D

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Arms, I'm sorry about the car :( Did you want us to pitch some $$$?

To anyone else, sorry about me not hosting a fest. I was busy rewatching the Matrix trilogy and applying to ****. I probably won't be hosting until early November. Seriously :(

everyone who wa at the fest yesterday might want to go see a doctor. i have come down with swine flu.
Heh, when your 'pranked' status wore off, apparently God Captain Falcon compensated by giving you swine flu. Good **** Captain Falcon.

Either way, nice try on trolling me Zack...it won't work. I've developed an immunity to the hysteria. And if you're serious, it's okay. Read the link Molly posted. It almost sounds like something I would say.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
neil- it's either a) my doctor is trolling the **** out of me or b) i really do have swine flu. either way, im sick as **** right now. maybe this is what i get for abandoning brawl falcon for lucas :/

nice read, molly.

twister- yeah, its where the old range was at.

on bb changes, arakune is gonna be interesting. ill have to try him and see how he feels. lol at him having a 5000+ combo. tager is gonna be sexy though.

tekkie

Smash Master
Burn him!!!1 It's the only way to cure him of this plague!!! (Or dip him in urine and leeches, your call)
sounds like something casey would say about my hair :)

zman if you have swine flu then as i understand it it means you have influenza without a vaccine. it's like being a little african kid and getting the regular flu. since you have access to modern amenities, you'll be fine.

or you can get some leeches.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
sounds like something casey would say about my hair :)
LMAO!

Zman my parents went there and said that Rodeo Grill was terrible.. I'll never go there....

also swine flu is for the lulz
just drink lots of liquids and you'll be better in no time

silly media

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys be up for biweekly smashfests in my dorms group study room? My RAs are cool with it so it could be a good idea to all meet up since a lot of us go to UNM and get out early enough on Fridays.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
GOyf, do you smoke week? and steal your dads weed. sell it and go party ha
LOL, I kinda do, but it's not very frequently. Stealing from my homeless (SRSLY) dad is just no.

To anyone else, sorry about me not hosting a fest. I was busy rewatching the Matrix trilogy and applying to ****. I probably won't be hosting until early November. Seriously :(
The F***ing matrix trilogy is more important to you than a fest? The only one good movie trilogy???

Burn in Hell slight JK

everyone who wa at the fest yesterday might want to go see a doctor. i have come down with swine flu.
Your doctor had better be trolling you.

Would you guys be up for biweekly smashfests in my dorms group study room? My RAs are cool with it so it could be a good idea to all meet up since a lot of us go to UNM and get out early enough on Fridays.
inb4duh

Hey Nolan, you can get a Black Lotus out of Zendikar (I'm 100% seroius)

EDIT:
ARAKUNE
- Dive move is not overhead anymore, slow, dive cancel only possible at hit
- when curse meter gets full it goes to FEVER mode
- You cannot recurse opponent in the FEVER mode
- All bugs are changed, not as good as old ones (at least observing from the current point
- u can only summon bees while in FEVER mode
- bugs are huge
- once the curse mode starts it wont go away even if Arakune takes hit
- Fog move has no hitbox but if u touch it the curse meter will increase
- Fog adds 40-50% to meter Everything else 20-25%
- YOU CANT GUARD BREAK with bees
- fast and short back step, no change to forward step
- Somebody already found 5000+damage combo
- 2D is no more an overhead move
- Dive can not be canceled into forward step or back step on block, easy to punish
- all bugs can be blocked in the air
WTF is this?

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
WTF is this?
Arakune's curse mechanic has been totally revamped. While it still only takes one cloud or bug to curse, the curse is ineffective until he hits you with two-five clouds or bugs. This initiates 'fever' mode, which allows him to summon bees. Many aspects of the curse have been nerfed. Fog doesn't have a hitbox, so while you can still get cursed by blocking it, you don't have to worry about it as much, as you can continue attacking and whatnot. Bees are no longer as potent, ie, no more 3k of damage off a single bee. Bees cannot guard break. Bees are now larger, so they're easier to see and avoid. In general, I think Arakune got a ****ton of deserved nerfs which is great.

(or at least, this is how I understand it)

But as a reminder, these changes aren't permanent, they're from a local test study, where arcsys has allowed japanese players to test the changes and make an informed decision on what to keep and what is bad.

If anything, I'm worried most about the game mechanic changes.

Burst has been totally reworked to be like GG's. Which I don't like. Read up on it and you'll see details. I think it could introduce a lot of new strategy, but in the end, the BB burst was nice...

Guard Libra has been changed to Guard Primer, which is really weird, but it could be cool, I'm just very skeptical.

At least it looks like Nu (now Lambda) is going to drop several spots on the tier list. Her nerfs look painful.

Anyway, I'm excited for Continuum Shift regardless, though it'll probably be a year before we get it.

EDIT: First gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3WYGmU7Fg

Shows off Tsubaki.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Lawkk, here's the leaked changes for SF4:

•The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:
?Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
?Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
•All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.
?It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
?Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
?All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
•Some characters will have Air Ultras.
•The Bonus Stages will be returning.
•Arcade location tests will start this weekend in Japan. This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.
•An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.
•Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
•Ibuki has a run command.
•Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
•Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
•Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
•Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
•Guy has his Chain combos.
•Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
•Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.
•The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.
•Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
•T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
•Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
•There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.
•The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken.

Plus apparently it plays differently, so hopefully the movement got better, or they added guard crush.
new characters are cool. i would have replaced adon with q though. this new gief ultra intrigues me.

red dog- a smoker isn't me :3

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
This is leaked, but is there any legitimacy to it? It's nice to see the coolest characters from 3s. I love Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki. <3

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I think NM = weed. haha Sinz smoked. i know that much. who else does?
LOL. I guy says his dad smokes, and suddenly NM = weed?

Arakune's curse mechanic has been totally revamped. While it still only takes one cloud or bug to curse, the curse is ineffective until he hits you with two-five clouds or bugs. This initiates 'fever' mode, which allows him to summon bees. Many aspects of the curse have been nerfed. Fog doesn't have a hitbox, so while you can still get cursed by blocking it, you don't have to worry about it as much, as you can continue attacking and whatnot. Bees are no longer as potent, ie, no more 3k of damage off a single bee. Bees cannot guard break. Bees are now larger, so they're easier to see and avoid. In general, I think Arakune got a ****ton of deserved nerfs which is great.

(or at least, this is how I understand it)

But as a reminder, these changes aren't permanent, they're from a local test study, where arcsys has allowed japanese players to test the changes and make an informed decision on what to keep and what is bad.

If anything, I'm worried most about the game mechanic changes.

Burst has been totally reworked to be like GG's. Which I don't like. Read up on it and you'll see details. I think it could introduce a lot of new strategy, but in the end, the BB burst was nice...

Guard Libra has been changed to Guard Primer, which is really weird, but it could be cool, I'm just very skeptical.

At least it looks like Nu (now Lambda) is going to drop several spots on the tier list. Her nerfs look painful.

Anyway, I'm excited for Continuum Shift regardless, though it'll probably be a year before we get it.

EDIT: First gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3WYGmU7Fg

Shows off Tsubaki.
Oh. That is less stupid now that I read it through again.

Also, that's hardly gameplay footage. 13 seconds of low quality zoomed out 5 moves? I want actual stuff.....

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
It shows off 2 important things to me: Bang's D moves did get a lot faster, and some confirmation that his 2b 6c stuff works on more people.

Edit: in reference to the CS footage.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol burn ZMan after the urine and leeches. It adds more pop to the fire.

I saw Erich at the state fair. Poor guy. He was bored to tears looking at a bunch of co*ks all day... and it wasn't forwards c.o.c.k. either =[ hahaha. That room full if chickens reminded me of when I lived on a farm many many years ago. Sigh.

So I started hyping the tournament in Feb. Some of AZ is considering. I'm sure we can convince Mango to come hahaha

Top Bottom