• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
god****, hearing that arakune is getting a new curse move makes me wanna play some bb! someone, hold a fest!

plus im ordering my arcade stick this weekend so no more ****ing up arakune combos or ippatsuman/polymar resets

Arms

Smash Rookie
Arms! Hey, I was at Nolan's miniature fest today, and I'm truly sorry I never got around to properly introducing myself - I'm Neil. I was the guy who played ROB/Ike with the initially ****ty controller that I ended up loving.

Anyways, I wanted to apologize - I hadn't known that you were completely new to the scene and I probably conducted myself in a less-than-appropriate way. (At one point I even thought you were Nolan's (the pikachu player) roomate!)
Haha, No need to apologize, Today was a blast and I cannot wait for the next one.

And yes Dekar173 I have a car and I'm pretty much always done for smash too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you want a good laugh, go to the Sonic Tournament Results thread.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Arms! Hey, I was at Nolan's miniature fest today, and I'm truly sorry I never got around to properly introducing myself - I'm Neil. I was the guy who played ROB/Ike with the initially ****ty controller that I ended up loving.

Anyways, I wanted to apologize - I hadn't known that you were completely new to the scene and I probably conducted myself in a less-than-appropriate way. (At one point I even thought you were Nolan's (the pikachu player) roomate!)

August, I most likely will not have a fest this weekend. It depends on if I can complete an application by this Friday - and I doubt I will.

TAI :(:(:(:(:(
I'll mail it to you immediately
How much would it cost to mail it to me? If it's not a lot, that would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
<3 Tai

And sounds like you guys had fun. I wish I text you guys, I was free all night. Wound up just playing melee with Lewis. It was fun but in almost every sheik marth match we had I 3 stocked him >.< (at least 30 mind you). But it was still fun.

So Arms how did you hold out?

And I probably wont be able to smash it up until Tuesday or Wednesday. (I'm also free Mondays from 3-5 as well)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
So, Blazblue's expansion is officially announced.

http://kotaku.com/5365769/blazblue-expands-with-continuum-shift

Only one character confirmed so far, but I'm sure there will be more information soon.

The new character is Tsubaki Yayoi:

Speculation...?

I believe Walker said that she's an assassin hired to kill Noel? Potentially awesome. I'll be picking her up. (inb4zackclaimingionlyplayfemalecharacters)
Spoilers if anyone cares

In the story mode, she was Noel's school friend. In the end of the game, after you find out hazumi (green haired detective guy) is the main villian, and Rachel stops his plans, he summons Tsubaki to kill Noel and Jin, because they have become liabilities.

I want to see a gameplay demo of her. Also, new characters FTW!

Everett, it shows that you are online. Kinda weird. But Straked did post lots of looks like you are getting banned stuff on your profile.

OMFGLMAO I just read that thread. Too good Everett.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
OOH MAH GAWD. Did you hear those lyrics, Zack? Is this the next generation of I wanna take you for a ride?

Also, Jill >>>>>>>>>>> Frank

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Reading the shoutouts from the AZ tournament makes me sad.

How much would it cost to mail it to me? If it's not a lot, that would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
Only like 2 bucks, I have the actual package ready and it's going to Tina Rd. I'm hopefully going to put priority mail shipping - since it is melee - and it's going out tomorrow morning so you should get it early next week.

Haha, No need to apologize, Today was a blast and I cannot wait for the next one.
Awesome :) I live fairly close (Montgomery and Wyoming) as well as Zman (Montgomery and Eubank), so we need to hang out.
Also, don't put yourself down like that - you were f'ing amazing - with falco's chaingrab you boost-pivot grabbed me... I was thoroughly impressed, as I still can't even pull off that advanced technique.

Zack, for the first time in my life I was actually proud to be a Sandia Matador. Take a look at this picture that I encountered on one of the Sandia newsletters - I feel bad*** just looking at it.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
I guess you've heard, but there usually smash stuff going on at Nolans at UNM on MWs (I hit it up between 4-6). My number is (505)980-2911. You live right by Casey (Dekar), JT! (JT), and I (Bryan or Ax, either works).

I'm sure Casey will bring you by sometime to my gameroom. Welcome!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Oh yeah, f***in twinkle deserved it though, the inconsiderate pr*ck. All Kenny did was say how good X was with Sonic, and the whole boards took it out of control. It was good for them to step up and defend how good a player X is.

Twinkle ruined it all with his stupidity.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
@everyone coming tomorrow

BRING YOUR CONTROLLER

and another setup would be awesome too, but i don't want anyone to have to lug tv around campus. if someone has hd cords we could play on my roommates tv, or would it still lag?

edit: Justin has informed me after the previous final UNM smash tournament, the club wants to hold another. Planned for the 10th of october.

@Walker Are you down for this tournament or do I have to find a teammate? D:

@Everyone Do we want to soft ban metaknight among us this tournament. Also, Justin is interested in us running the bracket since they usually have trouble figuring everything out. I figure we can do it, not difficult. I've suggested that we split the bracket with amatuer on one side and pro on the other, sound good to everyone?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
@everyone coming tomorrow

BRING YOUR CONTROLLER

and another setup would be awesome too, but i don't want anyone to have to lug tv around campus. if someone has hd cords we could play on my roommates tv, or would it still lag?

edit: Justin has informed me after the previous final UNM smash tournament, the club wants to hold another. Planned for the 10th of october.

@Walker Are you down for this tournament or do I have to find a teammate? D:

@Everyone Do we want to soft ban metaknight among us this tournament. Also, Justin is interested in us running the bracket since they usually have trouble figuring everything out. I figure we can do it, not difficult. I've suggested that we split the bracket with amatuer on one side and pro on the other, sound good to everyone?
I'm down for this tournament. We need to be team pokemon though. Theme teams are broken. (i'm trying to get out of the habit of saying **** temporarily)

I won't be at the fest for long. I have to babysit because my mom is going to santa fe for her friends birthday.

nolan fest tomorrow? can i go and not get yelled at by nolan's parents?
Is at dorm.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for this tournament. We need to be team pokemon though. Theme teams are broken. (i'm trying to get out of the habit of saying **** temporarily.
I would much rather play team sexy women then team pokemon, teaming with jiggs makes everything take foreverrr.

This 'fest' is at my tiny dorm. It starts at two because I need to go to environmental science.

Also, whatever game has hare hare yukai at the selection screen I NEED to play.

Top Bottom