• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

I'll tell you already Sinz, it needs some improvement...

Here we go:

1. The beginning wasn't that great. The beginning needs to start out better, not in the middle of a combo, and I think different kinds of music should be used. Use something more...different, but something that has a good prelude that you can stick at the beginning with a better start.

2. Some of the combos weren't really combos, and some of them were. Pull out the ones that were just kind of lucky kills.

Other than that, it's not half bad. Only, it's a Mr. Game and Watch combo vid, and that just says it all...

Keep working on it Sinz, and ask for some advise to make good combo videos.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hey, Mr. Erich Pants, Mr. Game and Watch pwns you, old school style. VIVA LA GAME AND WATCH!

Also, here are some videos of me vs. C-J at the last tournament:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=89JDwXWW3y0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DlQikGR7KZE

Sorry, Sinz, I just love Youtube too much... fix your problem. IMO, I've improved drastically from these videos and now, even in such a short amount of time. At least, I like to think so>

I have a few more that I'll put up later. A lot of the videos were worthless and the casette I got them on was kind of screwed up. Hopefully better footage next tournament.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It's already fixed ever since google bought youtube.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't know when I can make it down to New Mexico quite yet, but if any of you are interested in the next big Utah tournament, it's on November 25 (I will be attending): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=88670

My family used to make trips down to New Mexico for reunions and whatnot. I'm not sure why they stopped. :( I still want to meet the NM smash scene.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Depends on my grades and if my parents are willing to trust the people at the tournament. I think I will be in utah though.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Not only will I be in Roswell, but Wii > Smash. Sorry.

I got a lot of footage at a Smash party we recently had; though, a lot of it is kind of screwy seeings how the casette, again, was messed up. Videos will be available later.

Edit: "I just realized I haven't lost a single match to you yet. THis is SInz."

Try again, Sinz. You've lost to me several times. Don't know what was rolling through your head at the time. As a matter of fact, the very first money match I played with anyone ever I won, and it was against you.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
New Mexico match vids FTW!

Kashakunaki double posting FTL!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Buzz, can we tape our matches? Because they ar eprolly gonna be the best uno's

Alrigthy, hi guys. Been kinda busy, still that way, but whatever.

It was Sinz's first combo vid guys, I'm just giving him some critique. Once he makes another one, I'll give him moebetta praise, aight?

There shall be no Game and Watch to own me, Kash!! Never!!! VIVA LA KICK GAME AND WATCH'S BUTT!

I shall not be going to a Utah tourney, too far. Sinz might, since he is going into Utah that weekend. In fact, he probably will go to it.

We will see you sometime Buzz...sometime. Oh yes, of that you can be sure. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
@Sinz, yes, we must tape and post our matches.

@Erich, yes... yes, we will. ^_^ Just ride with Sinz. XD

Just for the record, I stopped having a buzz haircut at the end of the summer. My fiancee asked me to grow it out, so I'm not quite in full character anymore, but I'll always be Buzz or The Buzz Saw. Don't worry about that. :)

Haha! Very funny Buzz. I've never been to Utah, surprisingly eh? I should go sometime. It'd be cool. Don't worry though; I'll see you someday.

And yes, taping AND posting the matches would probably be a good thing. We NM'ers have a habit of just recording, never posting. It's getting better though.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I'll put the other NM smashers to shame and respond to you, Erich: IT'S A HOLIDAY! CHILL! :laugh:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Buzz, I wil probably be able to go!!!!!!!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Buzz, don't be surprised if you go back to Idaho wanting to repent.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sorry guys, but the Wii is consuming my very existence. What's going down? X-Topia tournament, hawt. Erich losing to my Game and Watch, fo' sho'. Anyone have a Wii and they can give me their Wii Address?

Wii address?? What is this Wii address you speak of? Does it have something to do with the Mii's traveling to other people's systems? BTW, Twilight Princess is...amazing...*Looks to the sky with a dreamy look*

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
DURANGO SMASH TOURNY

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90534

When?
Saturday, December 9, 2006 Noon – 6:00pm

Where?
2903B Richard Dr. Durango, CO 81301

How much?
$10, or come to watch and play for fun, free!

Prizes?
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

MLG Rules

doubles will depend on how many people show. we would love to have NM/Albuquerque smashers attend!

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you guys know about the X-Topia tourney. I let John and Julian know about it so far and I'll talk to the tofu crew and let them know what's up.

Anyways, does Smash have committe for it yet? Cause it does'nt show anyone running it for now.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Sinz and I never had our money match. I was too dang distracted by other things. :(

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dude, Twilight Princess is the Best. Game. Ever. I beat it and Red Steel last night. So awesome B)

Anyways, your Wii Address is the code provided to you when you go to the message boards, then click the icon where you can create a memo, message, or look at your address book. Your Wii Address is in your address book, and it is unique to every Wii. Two people add each other's address to add one another to their address book. From there you can chat, send each other pictures, Miis, play online, etc.

I also haven't played Smash since my campout for the Wii (we brought a TV and a generator). I haven't used a normal controller since I got the Wii and I'm afraid to. I'm sure my Smash skill is zero now.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure my Smash skill is zero now.
Wasn't it always zero? Burn! Hah, but anyway, hopefully this X-Topia has a decent turnout... I'm sure TOFU is gonna attend... and I'm sure Tetsuya will represent like he did at the last NM tournament.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
V3rm as usual yoru right. Well, lets see if we can finish a set of 3 games without being interrupted like it has every time we try to play =(. Are cursed or something? Seroiusly, think about it all of our matchs have been interupted ended on some odd condition, it really is making me wonder. Dang, where is the toast when I need it.. I mean dang, can we ever finish our matches? What if we met in a tournament brackets, would we just happen to have the TV burn up infront of us?

Wow, wouldn't that be something? A t.v, blowing to smitherines in the heat of the intense battle going on, unable to take the pressure...BOOM!!! And then the combatants, minds pumping as much energy as it can, and yet unable to find more reserves of strength, and so, looking for an attempt to locate new energy, it decides that the best way would be to release the tension of the whole body...Splat.

Hey Nicholai, long time no see. That'll be the first comment you get out of me when I next see you, hopefully at X-Topia. Looking forward to some good mathces with El Paso again, and this time, it'll be more fun than ever. Never played anybody from the TOFU crew when they were at the last tourney, I hope to play ALL the members of their crew, and I do not intend to lose to any of them. See yall lata.

Omg...Davis, how many hours of Twilight Princess did you play a day?!? Goodness gracious!!
And as a side note, I'm sure you'll be fine picking up the GCN controller again, turning on some good-old fashioned smash and owning some noobs. Don't even worry about it; once you've gotten good enough, there is a certain amount of skill you will never lose. You may be rusty, but the basics are still there. You'll be fine; just train a little harder than usual, and if it helps, put the disc into the Wii and play it like that, eh?

Erich out.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, it's good to see someone *cough* Erich *cough* still supports me. Thank you. And to answer your question, I think about 38 or so hours of Twilight Princess. I've also beaten Red Steel, Excite Truck, and poured a good amount of time into Wii Sports. But yeah, you're right. Though, I really should get to practicing for X-Topia.

Oh, and by the way, we'll see whose "skill is zero" when I rip you a new one at the tournament, Vermillion.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hah! I honestly doubt that. He hasn't played for months and he'd still whoop your ***.
Hah! I honestly doubt that. He hasn't played for months and he'd still whoop your ***.
qft. v3rm is awesome.

nevermind not aloud
What?!? This make no sense to me whatsoever. Sinz, kindly stop posting under my name. Thank you.

That's a bunch of the same quote. Wow, that must be a pretty important line. Or not.

Everyone had betta be in tip top shape for this tourney; it's usually the biggest one NM has all year. Erich out.

Top Bottom