• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I may be able to get ungrounded earlier =).

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Don't ever misspell Albuquerque again if you value your genitals.

Unless stated otherwise, there will most likely be an X-Topia tournament, don't list to him. Chinga has been busy and it is a slow time, but that doesn't really constitute to much. Besides, he has an entire staff and going off the basis of "we haven't had notice yet, so it must be cancelled" is kind of ridiculous. I also think Jason would be an idiot not to hold an X-Topia tournament later November, what with the Wii and Ps3 launching and not.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
brawl doesn't come out til 07. so why hold a wii tourney in november.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
What the hell?

I never mentioned anything about Brawl or any Wii game tournaments. My point is that with the Ps3 and Wii out, there will be a lot of buzz and interaction going on in the gaming community, and an X-Topia tournament would give those people a good excuse to get together with their friends and other people and chat and game it up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No xtopia tourney this november. I talked with Jason(Chingach) today at dions. He said that things are slowing down with the exception of smash. Which has been speeding up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis, it isn't a stupid move.
Jason had to pay from his pocket to rent out unm more than he thought he did. About 500$ more than he thought would. The amount of players are decreasing overall. So he cannot afford to get a big enough place.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Hi... I am probably moving back (yes, back) to NM by this summer. I think I'm gonna be in Alberqueque (sp?). Any way, I'm not too good, so I could use some practice, anyway...

IDK, thought I'd share that.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well excuse me for not knowing every little detail, but he's still being irresponsible about it. For starters, what was he expecting? Did he just assume the amount he'd have to pay? How can he make a judgement on the numbers of X-Topia attendees decreasing when he doesn't have a tournament to take numbers from except the one near the beginning of the year? If players are decreasing, he wouldn't have to afford a bigger place, costs would go down for a smaller place. Again, I think with all the buzz of Ps3 and the Wii that would alter things a little bit. Not to mention he should at least update his site. I believe it still says there will be a tournament on X-Topia's site. What's he waiting for?

Not something worth argueing about, anyways. No X-topia tournament, oh well. I'm sure he made the best descion in the end, regardless.

Also, I'd be happy to help you learn. I'm already helping a few other people that might be on your level.

One last note, don't ever misspell Albuquerque again.

Hehehe...yea.

Hallo man, welcome...back, to Alb! That's cool that we've gotten a new member to the Smash community, we can all meet you and stuff at this coming tourney that we'll get info. on later. Good to meet you.

Erich out.

He's already dished then up on a big platter, sillies! I just don't see him at school often enough to ask him about it yet. I'll see him tomorrow at lunch though, so I'll ask him then.

He didn't come to the thingy that happens at lunch, so I didn't see him. Oh well...I'll find him. Sometime. Sometime very soon. I'll give details eventually. There, how's that?

Sorry guys, been kinda busy lately.

Alright, so Sonny continues to avoid capture; however, I do know the date from a friend: November 25th. That's all I know so far, just plan your schedules to have a free 25th. More later.

Hey guys, guess what? I talked to Sonny today and he said that his tournament has been cancelled, due to another Halo 2 tourney on the same day. However, he can hold a tourney for free and with supplies like T.V's anytime he wants, just it will have to be anytime after November. Whenever he tells me a date for a tourney, I'll post it, but for now, assume there is no tourney nor ever will be, until next year.

Erich out.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Really? AWESOEM!!!! TRIPLESHINING IN TOURNIES HERE I COME!

Top Bottom