• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
And we did Melee's for a good hour or two after I got there, and David couldn't handle two one on ones? It's not necessarily against you guys. I want the freaking practice. Can't practice much in Melees.

Man, I can't wait for Brawl. That's going to be awesome sauce. Erich, we need to get a huge group together on Brawl's launch and just have a giant Wii party. We'll all be noobs to Brawl and it'll be freaking awesome.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Sorry if you were explicitly opposed to the melees...ya didn't say anything. Anyway, yeah, I agree, we need to practice with more one on ones (as well as 2v2s). Hows about this Davis. When we have the get-togethers this weekend and next, whenever we do a 1v1, it has to be a best 2 out of 3 match, like in a tourney, so as to ensure we play more 1v1 games.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Same.

btw, do you have a set time I should show up for your bday party this weekend? Also, I imagine we won't be doing a lot of smashing during the first part of it, because of the people who'll be there?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, my birthday party will be at a park... and in a swimming pool. Besides, I'd rather not play Smash with the rest of my friends. Also, umm, show up whenever. I'll probably be at the park around twelve setting up. I'll get you an official invite later.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Hey, it has been a while since I've visited these boards. Anyway, it sucks because I've devoted so much of my time to school and cross country that I don't have time to visit this place anymore. I came here to announce that I am retiring from these boards. I will still play the game competively but I'm not going to be active on the message boards any longer. I will leave the boards with three ending quotes........

1) I hope to go to the tournament this weekend so I can play all of you.

2) Sinz and his signature are the sexiest things on smashboards.

3) Alphabravo, the official worst player in Albuquerque, the official worst player in NM, the official worst player in the United States, the official worst player in the world at this game salutes you all good bye and farewell; so long smashboards and fellow NM smashers........

Peace and prosperity be with you and live long and prosper.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Mmm. What did he look like? I might have... but I don't think so. The only people I remember from Erich's house is Erich, Chris, Chad, Me, Steven, Everett, CJ, Josh, Arctic, and his girlfriend.

Yea...he is Alpha. Cool, everyone knows everyone, this is way exciting.

This thread will not die now, because the NM tourney is over, so everyone should start posting in here again instead of in there.

Erich out.

Thanatos180

Smash Rookie
Well, if I had something to post to, I would. By the way, this is Davis posting on my friend's account.

...So.... sup?

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
No X-topia? That would suck. That's the tourney that I would actually want to attend to play you guys. Anyway, so are any of you gonna be able to make it to the El Paso tourney?

Maybe, you might have to wait until the next big one you guys hold for my grounding to wear off. However, Alphabravo's thinking of coming on his own. I'll talk to him and give you the word.

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
I hope you can make to this tourney, Erich. Anyways, TOFU really wants to see some New Mexican's show up to this tourney. lol, Tetsuya wants some more money matches! Seriously though, it would be awesome if we could get New Mexico represented at this tourney.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
X-Topia won't happen this year. There is usually like a 4 plus month notice on the big X-Topia ones. So if it were to happen in November like usual, then we would have known about it by now. Plus most of the games that are there are dead for one reason or another. And same goes for the Albuquerque scene.

I guess you guys got to wait till next year for the next big X-Topia tourney to happen (if it ever does happen agian for that matter.)

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Well, I meant Albquerque's scene as a whole. A while back, there was so much compitition for any game. But it's gotten a little stale over the past year. Not to mention mostly everyone is busy with either work, school, or whatever, and have little time to plan a big tournament.

Whatever guys, we'll see what happens eventually. Let time play its role. We'll know if it's going to be here whenever time says so, so be patient until then.

Top Bottom