• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Neil- Yeah I'll put our Ike ditto in a MM. 5$? I won't lose. And while I'm at it we'll have some more MM with my Samus yeah?

I can't make to this weeks smashfest due to a manditory meeting. :(

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
El Paso, TX

Plan A)
-Leave Friday the 14th at 6:00 PM
-Crash at Arturo's House
-Saturday = Brawl Singles/Melee Friendlies
-Crash at Arturo's Again
-Sunday = Melee Singles/Brawl Doubles

Plan B)
-Same as plan A except we leave Saturday at 6:00 AM instead

I'd rather go with plan A.

Alternative: Leave after Melee singles if there isn't much interest in Brawl doubles

Car: Mine. I'd rather not take this vehicle, but if it is are only ride then I guess we have no choice. If any alternatives could be thought up that'd be great.

People: Davis, Xion, and Neil. We need two more (I'm looking at you Paul, Everett, August, Steven!).

Gas: Assuming gas prices at $3 a galleon and 30 MPG, round trip will be $58 or so. In a five person car this would be about $12 per person.

Housing: Free

Food: $5 a day should be fine.

Fees: Venue = Free - Melee = $10 - Brawl = $10

Total: Shouldn't be more than $40. Safe zone = $50+

A very poor attendence list suggests about 30 people and Arturo said he's got about 20 scrubs to come. Top Brawl prize should be about $350 and I'd expect Melee (which seems to be a large focus at this tournament) to be about $150. That's just a guess, though.

Norman, Oklahoma

Plan A)
-Leave Friday at 3:00-4:00PM (the earlier we leave the better)
-Crash at Hazygoose's
-Saturday = Brawl 1v1, 2v2, Low Tier Tournament (Looking at you, Neil), Melee 1v1, Melee 2v2, and other random crap
-Crash at Hazygoose's
-Leave Sunday Morning

Plan B)
-There is no plan B

Car: Dekar's van(?). That's assuming we can get enough people to come. If not then I think Dekar's car(?).

Gas: It's 1100 miles round trip. Assuming $3 a galleon and a car that gets 30 MPG it would be about $110 (or $22 per person) in gas, round trip, in a five person car.

If we take a seven person van, not only could we play Brawl on the way, but at $3 a galleon and assuming 25 MPG it would be $132 ($18 per person) in a seven person van.

It'd be great if we can take the van.

People: Dekar, me, Ax, Neil, and JT. This is enough for a car, but we need two more to take the van which would be MUCH better (come on Steven, Everett, Erich, or anyone else!).

Food: $5 a day should be fine. Unless you're fat. *cough*Dekar*cough*. Just kidding, baby.

Fees: Venue = $5 - Brawl 1v1 and 2v2 = $10 - Melee 1v1 and 2v2 = $5

Total: Shouldn't cost more than $60. Safe Zone: $100+

Attendance: 100+ people. First place (aka NM) should land about $500+.

Man school computers SUCK. I can't see the pics Paul posted. :(

@Xyro: You and anyone from TX could have come to our tournaments. But you're banned now. :(
Same.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193450

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well I'm glad UNM's computers are top notch =D

Man it would be a blast to go to one of those OOST's but thats part of what sucks about being a poor college student. See everyone on Saturday =D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
-Crash at Arturo's House
If I came, that is all I would be able to go for.

:/ Sunday :D

I will talk to Erich.

When I first read this post, I was planning on mounting a full-scale argument back towards the original post (OP) creator. But then I decided that it was too much work and I had a huge AP physics assignment to work on instead that night. I'll do it this weekend. It won't take a lot of convincing to prove that marth is in fact homogeneously sexually oriented.

Go suck a bag of dicks. For two reasons, 1) for thinking that marth is not gay. 2) for sucking at tetris so hard that your salivary glands need a transplant.
Hmmmm, I would be careful how much you insult Marth Neil, or he might just have to kick your butt as hard as he did the last time he played you.;) And remember, no matter how gay he might be, when he beats you then you just feel that much worse for getting beat by a gay guy. It might be better for your dignity if you agreed with Paul, because he's right. However, if you insist on believing your theory, then the shame you feel for losing to him will be that much more heightened, and hey? Marth's not complaining.:laugh:

NOW...as for tournaments...hmmm, we'll have to see about the OK one. What day is it on Davis? I don't know if I can go. I still want to go to EP, but my Mormon self lashes out at me and says don't do it man! OK would probably be more likely, but it's still pretty iffy. Just tell me the date. My uncle might take me to EP!!! Yea, then I could enter the Melee tourney. We'll see.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Marth is very much the opposite of manly (tiaras anyone...), but that does not stop him from being a bad ***. His sword is gay and he hits hard. Over all, that means that yes, a gay guy can and will kick (or slap) your face in.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
November 23rd is Oklahoma, Erich.

Well I'm glad UNM's computers are top notch =D

Man it would be a blast to go to one of those OOST's but thats part of what sucks about being a poor college student. See everyone on Saturday =D
It doesn't matter how poor you are if you win. Amirite?

If I came, that is all I would be able to go for.

:/ Sunday :D

I will talk to Erich.
Cool.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
although true Kash, we've been out of practice for 3 months so yeah.

Now if they had a boxing thing going on in that tourney or an MMA thing for cash then I would gladly go with you lol. I just finished taking some people down here at UNM :D fun times

@tw1n: haha

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I will laugh, too.

Steven, come to OK!

Dekar, I put the link at the bottom of my tournament post on page 315. Tell Sephi we'll kill his family and friends if he doesn't sponsor us... or at least we'll think really hard about it.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
if you're talking about the Guitar Hero pro Sephi then I think I grew up witht hat kid lol. We used to be friends years back. i wonder how he's been... lol anyways.

GG I'll test out your SC skills. lewis is better than me in that game but I should be able to throw down pretty well. I'll do the triathalon with you if we can change the brawl or melee to full contact sparring (I'll give you head and chest gear). Come on it'll be fun right? ...right?

fine then we'll do your easy triathalon sheesh XP

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yes that's the right Sephi, haha. He's... ranked at least top 10 in the country, I'm not sure his exact rank but ya he's amazing. ANYWAY, thanks Kash I emailed him about it, and I'll talk to Ax about what we're planning. **** OOS tourneys are exciting.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I hated living in OK but im sure a tourney there would be fun.

(in case anyone who lives in OK reads this, I have nothing against that state, i was just taken there to a small town and left everything I knew behind. so its natural to not like it lol. your state isnt so bad, or at least it could always be worse. Just look at Utah)

anyways, I want to start jumping on OOS tourneys once I get a little more financially secure. So keep me updated Kash :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
:D
Sounds intense.

When is the next local cash tournament? Anyone know?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I agree. I could go for a quickie.

And seeing as how we aren't referring to sex (though who doesn't love a quickie?) this will refer to a tournament like the ones we had at Insomnia and Ninja Monkey. It's been too long.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
That picture terrifies me.

Paul, come to El Paso.
Apparently it's possible to be terrified of an overgrown turtle that kidnaps royalty with the name of the fruit. Don't forget to mention that this particular royalty enjoys being kidnapped and molested -.-

While you're messing with glitches, figure out the Super Yoyo Glitch so I can use it and become a doom bringer.

Oh, and come to CO Paul >.<
Wait, the super yoyo glitch still hasn't been figured out? damn. Looks like mew2king has got work to do himself.

@Neil - So I guess Lewis was semi wrong. He's going to Luisiana or some crap. He wants us to get his Fire Emblem back from you whenever we see you next too. And here's an idea. Lets steal a small indian school boy and put him in your plane seat. Your family will thinks its you and by time they realize it you'll be here and they'll be there =D Perfect
When I read this I almost cried :( Because we haven't seen each other for so long :( I'm not even small, and i'm not a school boy anymore (at least in my behavior). Hopefully everyone else can testify to my behavior for the last few smashfests ;) I'm probably just a few inches shorter than you anyway. That plan might work. We need to do an Ocean's montage to find out how to get past airport security :chuckle:

@Neil- Yeah I'll put our Ike ditto in a MM. 5$? I won't lose. And while I'm at it we'll have some more MM with my Samus yeah?

I can't make to this weeks smashfest due to a manditory meeting. :(
Since so many people haven't paid me back for a number of moneymatches and other reasons, including you, I think i'm done with moneymatches for awhile. I have a good $40 i'm waiting on.

El Paso, TX

Plan A)
-Crash at Arturo's House
-Crash at Arturo's Again

Plan B)

Alternative: Leave after Melee singles if there isn't much interest in Brawl doubles

Car: Mine. I'd rather not take this vehicle, but if it is are only ride then I guess we have no choice. If any alternatives could be thought up that'd be great.

People: Davis, Xion, and Neil. We need two more (I'm looking at you Paul, Everett, August, Steven!).

Gas: Assuming gas prices at $3 a galleon and 30 MPG, round trip will be $58 or so. In a five person car this would be about $12 per person.

Food: $5 a day should be fine.

Fees: Venue = Free - Melee = $10 - Brawl = $10

Total: Shouldn't be more than $40. Safe zone = $50+

A very poor attendence list suggests about 30 people and Arturo said he's got about 20 scrubs to come. Top Brawl prize should be about $350 and I'd expect Melee (which seems to be a large focus at this tournament) to be about $150. That's just a guess, though.

Norman, Oklahoma

Plan A)
-Leave Friday at 3:00-4:00PM (the earlier we leave the better)
-Crash at Hazygoose's
-Saturday = Brawl 1v1, 2v2, Low Tier Tournament (Looking at you, Neil), Melee 1v1, Melee 2v2, and other random crap
-Crash at Hazygoose's
-Leave Sunday Morning

Plan B)
-There is no plan B

Car: Dekar's van(?). That's assuming we can get enough people to come. If not then I think Dekar's car(?).

Gas: It's 1100 miles round trip. Assuming $3 a galleon and a car that gets 30 MPG it would be about $110 (or $22 per person) in gas, round trip, in a five person car.

If we take a seven person van, not only could we play Brawl on the way, but at $3 a galleon and assuming 25 MPG it would be $132 ($18 per person) in a seven person van.

It'd be great if we can take the van.

People: Dekar, me, Ax, Neil, and JT. This is enough for a car, but we need two more to take the van which would be MUCH better (come on Steven, Everett, Erich, or anyone else!).

Food: $5 a day should be fine. Unless you're fat. *cough*Dekar*cough*. Just kidding, baby.

Fees: Venue = $5 - Brawl 1v1 and 2v2 = $10 - Melee 1v1 and 2v2 = $5

Total: Shouldn't cost more than $60. Safe Zone: $100+

Attendance: 100+ people. First place (aka NM) should land about $500+.

Same.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193450
I love you for being New Mexico's premier Out of State tournament planner. We need to have sex. I'm 10% serious too.

Hmmmm, I would be careful how much you insult Marth Neil, or he might just have to kick your butt as hard as he did the last time he played you.;) And remember, no matter how gay he might be, when he beats you then you just feel that much worse for getting beat by a gay guy. It might be better for your dignity if you agreed with Paul, because he's right. However, if you insist on believing your theory, then the shame you feel for losing to him will be that much more heightened, and hey? Marth's not complaining.:laugh:
Tsk tsk to you as well Erich. First of all, if you were a space animal main, you would feel bitter towards marth's incredibly easy ability to gimp. Now you may argue that it is exclusive to amateur play, but it's not. After watching M2K for so long, whenever he fights a space animal since the beginning of 2008, when his marth became #1 in the world, he edgeguards the opponent to death over half the time, unless he is sandbagging. In other words, to make it simple, watch the M2K vs DSW set at FAST1. DSW dies off the edge over half the times he's knocked off in th e first place. That should be an adequate axemple.
And besides, you get beat by gay guys all the time also. Take brawl, before november 1st. I'm not sure how often you fought a metaknight, but if you lost to him, you would certainly feel slightly bitter and mixed emotions against the gay metaknight, even after knowing how broken and top tier he is. You should feel that way, given you're a reasonable person. And Paul may be speaking from his Nintendo child-fanbase side, but from the realistic side, he's wrong. And my dignity remains fine as long as I can prove you wrong and show that marth truly is gay.

Neil, I'm going to laugh when I win all three Melee games of the triathlon MM.
Let's make this more interesting since you're so sarcastic/confident (i can't really tell). Since I'm so certain of victory, why don't we have a separate Moneymatch, simply a best of 5 melee set for $10. And i'm not hypocritical - I'm declining Xion's match because I'm not completely certain of victory against him.

Yes that's the right Sephi, haha. He's... ranked at least top 10 in the country, I'm not sure his exact rank but ya he's amazing. ANYWAY, thanks Kash I emailed him about it, and I'll talk to Ax about what we're planning. **** OOS tourneys are exciting.
I would love to get ***** by him sometime. Hook me up.

ill laugh at neil too

ps: who keeps changing the thread name?
Hello, Daniel. You do know the first rule of the internetz forum rules, right? Never violate it again. You just busted a grumpy online.

Stop PSing!

This will be the month of the Wolf after I win TX, OK, and CO. AHHHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

P.S. It's Everett
I can just imagine you rearing back and howling in real life. That would be a sight. So far I've seen you have that spastic laugh, but how bout this:
Since you're so persistent on winning that $1 to lower it to 30, I'll pay you that $1 back if you howl in real life, being as authentic AND LOUD as possible, for a full minute. Of course you also agree to the condition that we record it and we have full permission to youtube that ****.

I thought it was pretty good. how's that sound for the tourney though? id be more likely to come if I knew when it was a little early. also if you liked that you'd love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg
Wow Daniel I love you. You made up for busting that grumpy. Otherwise, I don't feel that I have the right to taint this link. I'm not so deserving to respond to such a degree of epicness.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Neil why are you so afraid of this Xion kid? I could probably beat him with one hand and one eye closed!

Oh we're talking melee!? Oh that changes everything! No hands it is!

lol all seriousness I've heard nothing but good things about your Samus, definitely have to play you bro

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Ugh for the last time people

I DO THINK MARTH IS GAY He is a **ggot to be more exact. Only a complete pathetic excuse for a man needs to use a 10ft sword to own others. If Marth was so manly why doesn't he decide to man up and use his fists? Because, he is a gay ***ggot who would become bottom tier because he cannot fight.

Seriously, even Peach (a damsel who regularly gets kidnapped by Bowser) uses her arms and legs to fight. Marth is such a pansy.

Not only that but he's compensating for his small d*** with that long sword. For all we know he's probably gotten a sex change. That would explain the tiara and his constant obsession with how his hair looks.

Marth is gay. I don't know what I was ever thinking when I considered he wasn't.

Also, Marth is truly a **ggot because he has to gimp and chaingrab spacies in order to beat them. Captain Falcon doesn't need to gimp, he just combos into a knee or a falcon punch...talk about manly.

Could Marth ever Falcon Punch? The answer is NO!!!!

Marth is sooooo gay that his arm breaks at even the thought of doing a Falcon Punch.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
wow you really hate gay people?

lol jk.

But you did make me laugh when you called him a "gay **ggot" haha. sorry ive been at school all day (still am) and the redundancy caught me off guard XP

anyways gay, straight, bi, ******, compensator, sword fighter, can't falcon pawnch, it doesn't really matter in the end. What matters is rubbing it in the face of anyone who uses Marf after you own the living **** out of them! :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
:D
You guys make me proud to say I am Sinz.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Yes, yes you are. *high fives*

Sinz, will you teach me to Brawl like you so I dont have to bribe Kash with greasy long johns and Root bear to come over for a smashfest? XP

lol oh yeah we're going to try and grab some root bear and yes Kash we will bring crumbs haha

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ok :D
I will teach you :D
Your awesome enough.
Sorry Neil, but your not up to either twins level in awesome.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If someone doesn't plan it it'll never happen. That's why I take the initiative most of the time.

Also, I will do that. I planned on practicing (yes, lol) howling for massive embarrassment of my opponents. I already chest pound when I taunt with DK, why not howl with Wolf?

I don't think I'll be doing Pikachu's porno roll anytime soon, though.

Ugh for the last time people

I DO THINK MARTH IS GAY He is a **ggot to be more exact. Only a complete pathetic excuse for a man needs to use a 10ft sword to own others. If Marth was so manly why doesn't he decide to man up and use his fists? Because, he is a gay ***ggot who would become bottom tier because he cannot fight.

Seriously, even Peach (a damsel who regularly gets kidnapped by Bowser) uses her arms and legs to fight. Marth is such a pansy.

Not only that but he's compensating for his small d*** with that long sword. For all we know he's probably gotten a sex change. That would explain the tiara and his constant obsession with how his hair looks.

Marth is gay. I don't know what I was ever thinking when I considered he wasn't.

Also, Marth is truly a **ggot because he has to gimp and chaingrab spacies in order to beat them. Captain Falcon doesn't need to gimp, he just combos into a knee or a falcon punch...talk about manly.

Could Marth ever Falcon Punch? The answer is NO!!!!

Marth is sooooo gay that his arm breaks at even the thought of doing a Falcon Punch.
Haha. This gave me a **** good laugh. Sadly I still fail to see any mention of going to El Paso >.>

Come on, Paul. Easiest $150 you'll ever make.

EDIT: Currently I owe you $21! I told Nolan to pay you the $10 I ***** won from him in our Pokemon Snap MM.

EDIT#2: I'll teach you how to be good at Brawl, Neil! I have a feeling you wouldn't want to learn/let me though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
EDIT#1: My chances of attending the smashfest just went up.
:/ my group lost my deck for states this saturday :/

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Haha. This gave me a **** good laugh. Sadly I still fail to see any mention of going to El Paso >.>

Come on, Paul. Easiest $150 you'll ever make.
I'm still not sure right now. I'm reconsidering my decision to go (that's why I've been posting in the EP tournament thread).

Sadly, I'm flat broke right now:(

In all honesty though, I don't go to OOS tournaments to win money. I go to hang out and improve my game. Since Forward said he won't be attending I doubt I'll go. But I am giving serious thought to it.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
El Paso, TX

Plan A)
-Crash at Arturo's House
-Crash at Arturo's Again

Plan B)

I say do plan C which would be the same as B except you leave at like 12:00 PM on friday. Friday is the smashfest at the venue and crew battles remember? Unless your all scared.

edit: alpha if you come maybe you can convince forward =)

Of course that would make it

Melee:
1. El paso
2. AZ
3. NM

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Fowid won't come just because of Alpha.

Alpha didn't show fowid no love whatsoevahs whenz he came here.

If you understood that, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Top Bottom