• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I'll be at the smashfest, and I'll bring SC4. I'll challenge anyone to $5 triathlon MMs. 3 games of Melee, 3 games of Brawl, 3 games of SC4. Whoever wins the most games gets $5 richer.

Also, **** yeah, the day has come. METAKNIGHT BANNED (Not to be confused with Metaknight Band, the wildly popular Rock Band spin-off, featuring hits like "Zero Lag All Day" and "Whorenado, Baby").

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
@Dekar: They live in Rio Rancho

Paul, answer your phone. I wanna play some brawl+ with you.
You better come to this fest. I need to play you.

I'll be at the smashfest, and I'll bring SC4. I'll challenge anyone to $5 triathlon MMs. 3 games of Melee, 3 games of Brawl, 3 games of SC4. Whoever wins the most games gets $5 richer.

Also, **** yeah, the day has come. METAKNIGHT BANNED (Not to be confused with Metaknight Band, the wildly popular Rock Band spin-off, featuring hits like "Zero Lag All Day" and "Whorenado, Baby").
I accept to your triathlon, Steven!

Also, freaking l-o-l. You forgot about my favorites, though! Like "Gimp You Like a ***got" and "Double Down Smash, Please"

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
When is the fest?

You also forgot, I can take the shuttle loop all day.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I heard that the Dante's Inferno game is actually pretty far along, from an older tester buddy. Said the last level still needed a ton of work though, apparently you get to the last circle of hell and everything just freezes up.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
What the **** is going on in the community!?!?! I guess thats what happens when you tap out for a few months?

Its all too stimulating!

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Wow... face palm is about the only thing I can respond with. Every other possibility of a response has been swept out the door with the absurdity of that article. Sigh. We should show that to Mr. Nuzum, haha.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173274

Neil! You got work to do.
Sigh...I tried explaining that to Neil and August at your fest a couple weeks ago and it looked like they were about to kill me.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Martha uses a sword that's wielded by her dainty little girl hands, whereas CF punches the **** out of people who dare cut him off.

Then again, Ness' **** is the size of a baseball bat.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Captain Falcon doesn't wait for that **** to happen. He punches the **** out of them for even thinking about cutting him off months in advance.

I also didn't know that about Ness.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
That was funny. When you said "it's not good for you" it sounded like you were saying **** is some kind of food or drugs or lifestyle. Looks like ****** is a career for some people -.- And what is "ct" change again? If I were a new smashboards member I would probably know, but at this point of my smash career, I barely take note of my avatar and signature and post count and titles and other unimportant forum quirks.
Lol. It was a suggestion. I don't think **** is a lifestyle/career, but I could be wrong. A ct change is a "Custom title change". You know, the title under your username.

And why is ness's **** so big? I totally missed something.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I have to agree as well. No person who strokes their long hair is manly. Not only that but Marth is too much of a wuss to fight without his sword. Whereas Captain Falcon doesn't need weapons to fight.

Anyways, have you guys seen that movie Tombstone? I just saw it on the history channel...it's really awesome.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So... I misplaced my copy of twilight princess :(

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I just need to find my copy of it. :/ I just don't know where it is... :/

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow... We all know that Marth is far less manly than falcon, which both lose to Chuck Norris which then loses to me... (wait for laughs and people to wipe off the drinks the just sprayed accross the screen).

Ok few things about the fest. Its going to be at my place. please bring set ups (and if you're going to bring soul cal please bring the system. We only have the Wii...)

Games that will be played for the most part:
Melee, Brawl, Brawl+ (if anyone brings their hacked wii), Guilty Gear, Soul Cal, Guitar Hero. and if you have anything else you want to play just bring it =D

Lewis will not be in attendence sadly. he will be in Cali for a wedding (Johns anybody???)

I will accept a $5 MM kash but not in any of the above. I will MM in this way. 3 vs one clean sparring match. Note: no I'm not in any martial art and clean sparring by our definition means body shots only. You tap you're out.
Any takers... oh and maybe...MAYBE a melee MM =D

My cell is (505) 977-7914. Send me a text or call and leave a message (again LEAVE A MESSAGE!!!) if you can come or have any questions.

My address is 9180 Coors Blvd NW Apt 3001 Alb. NM 87120

I'll keep in touch before then =D

So far I have confirmed (and please please correct me if I'm worng or missing anyone)
Me (> Chuck Norris... oh come on)
Kyle (The other one)
Steven (Double G)
Davis ($)
Paul (AlphaSexy)
Neil (Kneel... priceless aka SilkyRobe God)
Zman (Sorry I have nothing creative for this one yet. Check back later =D)

Oh and for those of you who don't know me. My name is David. Nice to meet you.

Exact times will be posted later. I'm going to be attending the XC state championships and doing some other stuff till roughly 3 or 4 but Kyle is open from noon to 4. Its his call when it will start my call on when it ends (never anyone?)

Final side note:
|-o-| <----- does that look like a Thai Fighter to anyone else?!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Good deal Z =D Now we need to make plans for pizza or food in some way... choices. Can anyone get a hold of Erich and tell him to show?! And Sinz, are you going to make it. There's going to be more than just melee there no worries

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It is saturday night?

://// I have a dance :///

And I have state that day :////

I dunno, prolly not, But I wanna do some smash today :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
When is later? I am going dancing tonight too :D

It is swing dancing tonight :D
Erich is going too :D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Nice. I'm looking into taking dancing lessons. Probably swing, but maybe ballroom. I need to find a partner and another pair, though. $65 an hour between four people.

Later would be like at 5:00 PM. I could perhaps go get the car early and head down there within a couple hours, though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis, don't do Swing Dance lessons. :/ Just go to the Buena Vista community Center on tuesday nights. its 3$, and they offer beginner courses and intermediate(lindy swing.) courses.

Plus, you will learn more just by asking people.

Also, I am a pretty decent swing dancer myself, and I have only been there twice. You can learn a TON from the people there. They are all really nice and willing to show you how to do things.

Also, Muscleman Joe knows every lift imaginable. And he can do every single one.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wow. Nice.

The only reason I was considering the lessons I'm considering is because Destry's mom is a dance instructor at UNM and offers dance lessons at her house. I figured she'd give me a discount, but I guess not :(.

That sounds great, though. Tuesday nights is kind of iffy, though. Where is this community center?

Also, you said you talked to some community center that would be interested in hosting a tournament back around the MAST tournament. Think they'd still host one?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
They probably would. It was the paradise hills community center.

823 Buena Vista Dr SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106

That is the address for the buena vista community center.

Private lessons are really pricey too :/

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'll look into it. Thanks.

I think I'm going to talk to the community center and see what kind of tournament we can get going. I really miss having tournaments every two weeks or so at Insomnia/Ninja Monkey.

So did you want to hook up and play, still?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey Sinz. I'm going to be at that XC state championships on Sat too. Maybe I'll see you there. Kash, why are you bailing out like a baby? Scared to lose your MM lol. I guess I understand. If anyone talks to Erich tell him to text me.

So I guess the current list of who's going is Me, Kyle, Neil, ZMan, Paul, Eric(w/o the h), Wraith, and Steven.

If anyone else wants to come send me a message. I'll be posting the exact starting time a little later on k. Kyle, like I said earlier, will probably be starting it before I get there. See you all then =D

Edit: Voted

2nd Edit: GG! I accept your $5 triathalon MM. We'll get to more specifics come Saturday. See you there.

3rd and final edit: Sinz. Do you have a cell phone yet? If so text me or PM me your number. And does Erich still have the same number or did he change it from months ago?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I don't have a cell phone yet. Erich still has the same number.

I am talking about magic states. :// not xc...

I love XC, but I don't make the cut.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I never said I wouldn't go. I said I'm not going to spar you. You have to remind me how to throw people, though. I forgot.

I've been practicing Brawl most of the day. I really want to test some stuff out on someone.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Anyone can come over right now if they want :/

Please. I am bored. :D

Call me at 505-899-8307

Ahhh, it's great to hear from you twins, it really is. I don't know if I'll be able to stay for long at your fest, sadly. Yea, my number has not changed, so no worries. Also, I cannot text, as my phone doesn't work properly right now, so if you wanna talk, you'll have to call me, otherwise you'll get continuous "your text failed to be received" or whatever messages. Anyways, you will probably see me at state, I'll be there screaming my head off too!

I've got a dance that day, and XC, so I'll be able to stay for a few hours(maybe?), but not for too long. I'm sorry Twins...we don't get our well earned male bonding time...

Top Bottom