• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

xion07

Smash Apprentice
First of all, no, I am going to **** them. And ****** is not suffering. And you are going to lose, and you can't beat me because you're a noob. Watch, you're going to lose the samus v random MM.
Yeah, dont give them mercy. They'll figure you'll not let up and try to learn from you.

You wish. Samus will blow your Random out of the water. Get ready to lose to a low tier...again. :laugh:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

You are freaking omnivores! You're top of the food chain! There is no species on Earth that could possibly hope to contend with your tools and mind... and you're afraid to eat a cow?!

I just don't get it.

P.S. On the topic of fruits and veggies: Peachs and plums and watermelon are like the most amazing things ever.

Okay, I'm actually confused about the schedule for this weekend:
My smashfest is available at my house all day saturday (I MEAN all day, as in from early in the morning to LATE in the night). Davis' game day is all day sunday. Is anyone planning on sleeping over or is it virtually impossible for everyone?
For now I'm assuming that everyone'll leave friday night at 9:00 pm or so, then we'll sleep on our beds for the night and go to church and yada yada yada and eventually converge at Davis' house at 1:00 pm on sunday?

Thanks for forgetting me -.-
And you are a coward btw. Real men fight out the argument to the end and admit defeat when proved wrong. I am questioning not your experience with male genitalia, but your physical characteristics of said male genitalia.
And what happened to the moneymatch? Remember a while back I said $1 MM, best 3 of 5, ike vs wolf only? Accept or decline?
Woah, woah. I never said my game day would be Sunday. Who fabricated this idea?

Yeah, my bad Neil. I own you later, in person. That's your weakness. Online you have time to think and plot out what you're going to type, but in person you are incapable of thinking before you speak. I will defeat you in combat then.

Accept. However, if YOU were a REAL man you'd make it a $10 MM. I'll bring $20 to pay you back after I own you.

He's talking about the El Paso tournament, not Davis's game day on Sunday.

Also, it looks like I'll be able to attend your fest Neil. However, I'm not sure right now whether or not I'm going to attend the game day on Sunday (doubt it).
My game day isn't on Sunday. I don't know whose idea that was.

Also, I have a Halloween party to go to Friday so I'm going to party late, I'm going to come to your fest early, Neil, and I might leave early evening because I might have another party at my house Saturday. I'm eager to play this new drinking game I heard about :D!

I really do wish I could be more active with smashfests and getting tourneys going and all that jazz... on the other hand I really enjoy hanging out with Molly =P

OK: Who's up for it? We've got myself, Ax, Neil, Davis, who am I missing?

DMD tourney: I dunno wtf's going on there. If it does happen, I'm not going, busy weekend! :o

How many of you are man enough to like haunted houses? And who's down to go to some?

Davis, your text is like an angel typing away at a divine keyboard, displaying on the most glorious screen in my mind.
Casey, I would tell you to never play Brawl again if it meant becoming closer to Molly. My ex girlfriend, whom I love more than life itself, hated Brawl, and she didn't support me in anything I did regarding that game. Even at one point, despite my efforts, she thought I cared more about a stupid game than her. I'd feel terrible if I saw that happen to you.

So take your time. There will always be more tournaments and more smashfests and more me ;), but the time you spend with her will always be forever in an instant, and each time is something unique and should be cherished.

Man, talk about emotional, huh? Seriously, though. Spend your free time with her, not us. Tell her I say hi.

We need to chill some time.

Alright sounds good. Are you still able to cover me on gas money?
Yes, but I still expect you to pay me back.

We Still Need One More Person for the OK Trip

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You, me, and Neil are confirmed. We need two more people. I was hoping Sinz and Erich would go, but I don't see that happening... especially if we end up doing doubles Sunday. Their religion won't allow it.

So we have three seats taken and two tentative. We need to fill those two seats. We also need to decide what vehicle we are going to use. We could use my mom's, but I'd rather not/it's doubtful she'd let us. Then again it is only El Paso.

You sure you don't want to come, Steven? It's only a four hour drive. Imagine it as a quick trip to Roswell for free money :D.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, assuming Steven, Dekar, and Sinz all don't go (because those would be my first choice for partners, no offense) I'll probably team with you. Unless someone like Lee wants to team :D

EDIT: So we'd either be leaving Friday at 6 pm or Saturday at 6 am.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What days is it for OK?

I ma dance right naow.

Btw, who is coming tonight, I need to tell our tickets person how many tickets to reserve.

Dekar173

Justice Man
There might be one. It was in the making for a while, then they became completely and utterly useless morons and didn't contact/keep in touch about anything, so whatever! Swing by there and let us know Nolan, 'cause I have no idea what's going on there this weekend ><

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm a little confused...

Neil's smashfest: Saturday from early in the morning to late at night

Davis's game day: ?????? If you're game day isn't saturday then when is it?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I eat meat on a daily basis.

@Dekar: I'd go with you to some haunted houes but Imma try to scare some kids this year for halloween.

@Xion: El Paso won't get any sypathy from you (Ah-ha) much like your Samus not getting any sympathy from my Sonic.

@Davis: When is your game day? I wanna own some fools in some Super Monkey Ball & Wii Sports.

@Sinz: My ride to Sweeny Todd isn't going anymore so no Sweeny Todd for me. :cry:

xion07

Smash Apprentice

@Dekar: I'd go with you to some haunted houes but Imma try to scare some kids this year for halloween.

@Xion: El Paso won't get any sypathy from you (Ah-ha) much like your Samus not getting any sympathy from my Sonic.

@Davis: When is your game day? I wanna own some fools in some Super Monkey Ball & Wii Sports.

@Sinz: My ride to Sweeny Todd isn't going anymore so no Sweeny Todd for me. :cry:
**** straight. I plan on representing. Ike ftw :)
Nah, your sonic will be too slow for my samus!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
What days is it for OK?

I ma dance right naow.

Btw, who is coming tonight, I need to tell our tickets person how many tickets to reserve.
November 22nd, 2008.

It's only one day: Saturday

I just said I'd have one sometime soon, not sure. I have a lot of stuff going on right now.

EDIT: I totally spaced out the play, but I don't have a ride there anyways unless Steven will go with me.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
BRING SETUPS!!! to my smashfest at least. And feel free to come early on Saturday (at 8:00 or 9:00 am even) and leave as late as 10:00 pm or so. That would be much awesome.
DON't FORGET SMASH 64!!!! ZOMG. I very recently (like on Wednesday) lost to Cameron and Jordan Burgard for the first time EVAR, in SSB64. They were okay, but I still didn't master the controls, so they'd still be noobs to you guys. I heard that there will be a shortage of N64 controllers, so BRING ALL N64 CONTROLLERS YOU HAVE!!!

He's talking about the El Paso tournament, not Davis's game day on Sunday.

Also, it looks like I'll be able to attend your fest Neil. However, I'm not sure right now whether or not I'm going to attend the game day on Sunday (doubt it).
Glad you can make it. Because I'm being addicted to MM's lately, want to do a $1 MM falco vs fox only, best 3 of 5?

OK: Who's up for it? We've got myself, Ax, Neil, Davis, who am I missing?
How many of you are man enough to like haunted houses? And who's down to go to some?

Davis, your text is like an angel typing away at a divine keyboard, displaying on the most glorious screen in my mind.
I've got a question for our Oklahoma tourney. When are we leaving and what time to we get back to Abq?

Yeah, dont give them mercy. They'll figure you'll not let up and try to learn from you.

You wish. Samus will blow your Random out of the water. Get ready to lose to a low tier...again. :laugh:
Ike isn't low tier. Get your facts straight, nubz. Ike is the very bottom of mid tier. Jeez. And do you want to know why I challenged this mm in the first place? Not just because I'm addicted to mm's lately, but because samus is bottom tier and her general playstyle sucks. The chance of me getting a decent character to fight against samus is around 75%, and since we're at equal play skill, I'm expecting a victory.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!
You are freaking omnivores! You're top of the food chain! There is no species on Earth that could possibly hope to contend with your tools and mind... and you're afraid to eat a cow?!
I just don't get it.
P.S. On the topic of fruits and veggies: Peachs and plums and watermelon are like the most amazing things ever.

Woah, woah. I never said my game day would be Sunday. Who fabricated this idea?

Yeah, my bad Neil. I own you later, in person. That's your weakness. Online you have time to think and plot out what you're going to type, but in person you are incapable of thinking before you speak. I will defeat you in combat then.
Accept. However, if YOU were a REAL man you'd make it a $10 MM. I'll bring $20 to pay you back after I own you.

My game day isn't on Sunday. I don't know whose idea that was.

Also, I have a Halloween party to go to Friday so I'm going to party late, I'm going to come to your fest early, Neil, and I might leave early evening because I might have another party at my house Saturday. I'm eager to play this new drinking game I heard about :D!

Casey, I would tell you to never play Brawl again if it meant becoming closer to Molly. My ex girlfriend, whom I love more than life itself, hated Brawl, and she didn't support me in anything I did regarding that game. Even at one point, despite my efforts, she thought I cared more about a stupid game than her. I'd feel terrible if I saw that happen to you.
So take your time. There will always be more tournaments and more smashfests and more me ;), but the time you spend with her will always be forever in an instant, and each time is something unique and should be cherished.
Man, talk about emotional, huh? Seriously, though. Spend your free time with her, not us. Tell her I say hi.
We need to chill some time.We Still Need One More Person for the OK Trip
I never said I was afraid to eat a cow. If you pointed a gun at my head or threatened me, I would surely eat a T-bone steak or whatever the hell it is. Why are you all so stuck on a vegetarian lifestyle? it's barely any different than your carnivorous ways.
And damit, you figured me out. What happened to the "I don't know what it is Neil. You just keep getting cooler and cooler."
Also, no Davis, I am not a real man. I haven't hit puberty. SO, I decline. Besides, if I say "if you were a real man, then you would accept a $20 MM in melee." It makes no difference.
Come as early to the smashfest on saturday as needed. Come at 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning if you have to.
Davis, I will promise you one thing. In Advanced Pre-Med, I solemnly swear to never mention you to Cassandra or bring her up and have even the slightest discussion about you, unless you tell me to. The thing is, I know you don't trust me and there's no way I can remedy your situation. Now if you replaced Kendric with me, then I'm sure you would let Kendric talk to Cassandra for you, since he's a badass and I'm not. Oh well. Give me further instruction if needed about this.

You actually didn't mention the game day would be sunday November 2nd, but it was vague enough for most smashers to twist the meaning for that:
I think after Neil's coming up Smash fest I'm going to have a game day. No Smash. Maybe one TV for Melee/Brawl. My goal would be to get about four or five TVs all set up very nicely, with lots of real food and soda, and just play some awesome multiplayer games. Mario Party, Mario Kart, Star Fox: Assault, Halo, Gears, Guitar Hero, Custom Robo, Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear, etc. Oh, and you have to come and beat Star Fox 64, Neil. Otherwise I'll break your neck.
I could infer that the nearest "day . . . after Neil's coming up smash fest" is a sunday.

Friday - MMs, Crews, Free Play
Saturday - Brawl Singles
Sunday - Melee Singles then Brawl Doubles

Yeah, sure.
Wootz. Do you know when we're leaving from Abq and coming back on the trip? I'll need to know that.

As early as you can come. I told davis to be there ASAP, whether it be 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning.

It's been so long since I've played both games (which is a john). I distinctly remember being the first kid in Evangel Christian Academy (my elementary school) to beat Super Monkey Ball for GCN. It was so awesome. We had a 2 hour "church" on Wednesday nights from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, and for the last hour and a half, we played video games. The secret room had like 3 xbox's, 2 ps1's, and 3 gcns, all hooked up to TVs. Almost everyone at school came, it was packed and so fun. I worked on the Pastor's save file for Super Monkey Ball and completed campaign mode FOR him, and he was at least 30 yrs old (and an avid gamer). :) :) :)
And I haughtily consider myself to be the best Wii Tennis player in Albuquerque ;) It's on.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
BRING SETUPS!!! to my smashfest at least. And feel free to come early on Saturday (at 8:00 or 9:00 am even) and leave as late as 10:00 pm or so. That would be much awesome.
DON't FORGET SMASH 64!!!! ZOMG. I very recently (like on Wednesday) lost to Cameron and Jordan Burgard for the first time EVAR, in SSB64. They were okay, but I still didn't master the controls, so they'd still be noobs to you guys. I heard that there will be a shortage of N64 controllers, so BRING ALL N64 CONTROLLERS YOU HAVE!!!
I haven't played smash 64 in like 8 years, so I'll john about my skill now. Also, N64 controllers DON'T EXIST!. Seriously, I found 1 after searching for a week. I'm bringing smash 64, 2 N64 controllers and my wii. I'll be there either around 10 or 4:30, depending. PlZ find N64 controllers guys. They are really difficult to find, and then they are really expensive.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I haven't played smash 64 in like 8 years, so I'll john about my skill now. Also, N64 controllers DON'T EXIST!. Seriously, I found 1 after searching for a week. I'm bringing smash 64, 2 N64 controllers and my wii. I'll be there either around 10 or 4:30, depending. PlZ find N64 controllers guys. They are really difficult to find, and then they are really expensive.

Well, I have my own personal 64 controller...which of course I'm going to use. I think Davis has a couple controllers as well.

So I'm pretty much confirmed for the smashfest this weekend. I'll probably get there around 12:00-1:00. I'm not going to show up in the morning because I know I'll forget to eat something and end up going the whole day without food.

BTW I'm bringing my Wii (with Brawl and Brawl+), my Gamecube (with Melee), and my N64 (with smash64), and a TV.

@Zach: I just remembered. I'll also be bringing my copy of MvC2 so you can borrow it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I need to stop going to the Wolf boards. 99% of them are ********. That's the only explanation.

My mom looks like she isn't going to let me have a party Saturday... lame.

I'm Parkouring with a bunch of people down at UNM in case any of you want to join me. 12 PM to 4 PM.

I'll either show up at like 11 AM or 10 AM, Neil, and then leave and come back (assuming I still can't have the part), or just show up around 5 PM.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of SSB64, can someone explain to me why it's not on the Wii shop channel? It boggles my mind and i'm sure one of you will give me a short explanation explained by nintendo approx. a billion years ago why it is so.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@Paul: I love you no homo. I'll txt you in the morning to remind you to bring MvC2

@Neil: I'm bringing a Wii with Brawl. I'm walking so I really don't want to carry a TV with me from my house to your house.

@Davis: Most character boards are stupid

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
On the topic of SSB64, can someone explain to me why it's not on the Wii shop channel? It boggles my mind and i'm sure one of you will give me a short explanation explained by nintendo approx. a billion years ago why it is so.
Cause Nintendo doesn't care about their hardcore fanbase. They focus more on the casual players. That's probably why they think releasing SSB64 on virtual console won't make them any money.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Neil-I haven't seen the tier list lately. Awesome that Ike is going up!

Well watch out for my samus, I'll have you think twice about her play style.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I'll have plans finalized probably on Sunday.

I don't trust Kendric with a **** thing.
Then who do you trust? Your mom? Seriously, who?

Ditching your first period to go play smash in school is fun. :)

@Neil: I haven't played Wii Sports in a while but I think I can manage in Wii Tennis and Boxing.
How bout a $1 MM for Wii Tennis only. One set is considered a "best of 5 game" so, how about a best of 3 in sets. Agreed?

Well, I have my own personal 64 controller...which of course I'm going to use. I think Davis has a couple controllers as well.

So I'm pretty much confirmed for the smashfest this weekend. I'll probably get there around 12:00-1:00. I'm not going to show up in the morning because I know I'll forget to eat something and end up going the whole day without food.

BTW I'm bringing my Wii (with Brawl and Brawl+), my Gamecube (with Melee), and my N64 (with smash64), and a TV.

@Zach: I just remembered. I'll also be bringing my copy of MvC2 so you can borrow it.
You should come over now Paul. I said I'll have food. and thanks for bringing so much stuff :) :) :) :)

Well I don't know anything about 64, so ignore me. And be here at 10 :)

I need to stop going to the Wolf boards. 99% of them are ********. That's the only explanation.

My mom looks like she isn't going to let me have a party Saturday... lame.

I'm Parkouring with a bunch of people down at UNM in case any of you want to join me. 12 PM to 4 PM.

I'll either show up at like 11 AM or 10 AM, Neil, and then leave and come back (assuming I still can't have the part), or just show up around 5 PM.
I don't even go to the ike boards. I don't think I've ever been there :laugh: so I guess you don't trust your mom. Never mind. And what "part" are you talking about?!?! are you in drama?! good luck talking to zach?!?

I don't have an explanation, but if you google it, over a billion results will detail why.

@Paul: I love you no homo. I'll txt you in the morning to remind you to bring MvC2

@Neil: I'm bringing a Wii with Brawl. I'm walking so I really don't want to carry a TV with me from my house to your house.

@Davis: Most character boards are stupid
Understood about the setup deal. and yes, most character boards are stupid, save for a few, which will become stupid by the end of the year.

No. Nintendo has just sucked *** in general, isaccard. That's my reasoning.
QFT

Cause Nintendo doesn't care about their hardcore fanbase. They focus more on the casual players. That's probably why they think releasing SSB64 on virtual console won't make them any money.
QFT

In other words: Nintendo sucks
QFT

@Neil-I haven't seen the tier list lately. Awesome that Ike is going up!

Well watch out for my samus, I'll have you think twice about her play style.
Wow xion. you noob. First of all, that brawl tier list is version 1. That was Ike's original position in the first place -.- And second of all, in the near future, ike's placement will most likely decrease. It will decrease due to the fact that since there is an abundance of ike players out there, and Ike's metagame isn't evolving at a steady rate compared to other characters, those other characters will slowly learn how to counter the average ike. This will lead to less ikes winning tournaments, meaning a lower placement for ike. Noob.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Good post again, Neil.

By "part" I meant party, but oh well. I'm just going to Smash with you guys. I really need practice for the tournaments so if I could do a lot of matches against Dedede's, Falco's, and Kirby's that would be great. Snakes, too.

Also, no, I don't really trust my mom. I trust myself. That's about it. There are only two other people in this world that have ever gained my absolute trust. That is Cassandra, who took my trust and crushed it into a million pieces, and Kristin, the second most amazing girl I have ever to meet in my life and has taken care of me during my hard times as a result of Cassandra.

I used to not be so dark and callous, but that's just what the events in my life have molded me into. Every time I was too forgiving, trusting, or what have you I've been walked all over. Nice guys never finish, Neil. Ever.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sorry guys. I can' t make it today. I have to pick up a corsage, my shirt from the dry cleaners, and a lot more things.

I am sorry Davis, but I don't agree with that statement. Nice guys can finish, it is just harder for them to do so.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well best of luck to you, then. Everyone does something behind the curtain as far as I'm concerned.

Also, that sucks! I really need to practice against you, Sinz!!!
I don't have any plans next tuesday during the day. We could probably do something then.(its election day. No school.)

In other words: Nintendo sucks
In other words, this was the funniest and truest thing I have read in a few days. I really wish I could send an e-mail to NP and ask them why Nintendo is focusing so much on the garbage WiiWare stuff, and NOT focusing on VC. VC is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than WW. WiiWare sucks. VC is awesome, and I'm really tired of not having awesome games on VC. Majora's Mask, anyone? SSB64, anyone? Battletoads? Megaman X's? What the heck? I need to renew my subscription to NP so that I can ask that. Who knows, they might even consider it the letter of the month?

Also, poor Kash. I really do feel bad that you have had these things happen. Always remember though that when they happen they help you to grow. It's OK to be callous in some areas, but to be forgiving and patient is important too. Carrying grudges will tear you apart. Although yes, I do agree that people will sometimes go behind the curtain, but not always. And not always with something terribly big. But that is when you must be patient and forgiving, and at the same time you must be angry because obviously it's not OK. Now, if this person feels no remorse for what they did, then no you shouldn't be patient and you shouldn't be around that person anymore, but you should still forgive them, in order to forget. It's worth it to let it go, no matter how hard it might be, or how long it might take you. Peace is a good feeling.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
In other words, this was the funniest and truest thing I have read in a few days. I really wish I could send an e-mail to NP and ask them why Nintendo is focusing so much on the garbage WiiWare stuff, and NOT focusing on VC. VC is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than WW. WiiWare sucks. VC is awesome, and I'm really tired of not having awesome games on VC. Majora's Mask, anyone? SSB64, anyone? Battletoads? Megaman X's? What the heck? I need to renew my subscription to NP so that I can ask that. Who knows, they might even consider it the letter of the month?
They would most likely e-mail you back, calling you a n00b, and asking for your money. A)Nintendo doesn't "focus" on WiiWare-the games sold there are made by indie game companies, and Nintendo has dedicated a grand total of 1 game to WiiWare so far (some kind of Pokemon Ranch game). All Nintendo does it keep WiiWare running, and that's about it. B) A good amount of those WiiWare games are amazing, and have gotten good reviews and attention. Hell, World of Goo is currently one of the highest rated games this gen, more so than MGS4, Halo3, and even Brawl.

As for why no SSB64/MM, who knows? They just must be slow in getting the games out. Battletoads and MMX are out of their hands, though-they don't make those games. I still have SSB64 and MM on a Gamecube disc, so no complaints here. >_>b

Hmmm, didn't know that.

I still don't understand the concept of downloading a new game off the WiiWare, when you are already buying games in store for Wii though. So now we have two different ways of buying new Wii games. Whatever.:dizzy:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Awesome fest Neil. I'll do shoutouts in my next post.

I don't have any plans next tuesday during the day. We could probably do something then.(its election day. No school.)
Do all APS not have school? I hope so.

You can trust me Kash! I'm too lazy to backstab
Haha. Good to know, Tim.

Also, poor Kash. I really do feel bad that you have had these things happen. Always remember though that when they happen they help you to grow. It's OK to be callous in some areas, but to be forgiving and patient is important too. Carrying grudges will tear you apart. Although yes, I do agree that people will sometimes go behind the curtain, but not always. And not always with something terribly big. But that is when you must be patient and forgiving, and at the same time you must be angry because obviously it's not OK. Now, if this person feels no remorse for what they did, then no you shouldn't be patient and you shouldn't be around that person anymore, but you should still forgive them, in order to forget. It's worth it to let it go, no matter how hard it might be, or how long it might take you. Peace is a good feeling.
Very valid points and I agree. However, it is not forgiving than I have an issue with (I can be impatient, but that's not much the problem either). I find it takes far too much energy to stay angry or hold a grudge. It just isn't worth it. It's just I don't trust people and I think everything is a trap (USE BOMBS WISELY). It just helps me from getting hurt even more than I already have. A lot of the time even when someone was like, "Dude I baked a cake last night," I'll assume their lying. That's an extreme example, but I think you get my point. Heh, I think I've let a little too much of myself out of the bag.

EDIT: Should I pick up G&W to counter Falco and ROB?

Top Bottom