• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

joecas

Smash Rookie
I kinda hate to randomly jump into this discussion more than 300 pages in, but i would just like to introduce myself. I'm me! Anyway, i just joined this forum to see what is going on the world of SSB:B, and it seems to that there are several people here from around ABQ, just like me. Hopefully i can stay active on this forum and become a member of the local smash community. I have owned brawl since the day it came out, but my eyes were opened @ a recent schoolwide tournament as to how complex brawl actually is.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Welcome to the community. Hope that you can get better so that as a community we can get better.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Were a pretty nice community too. Bring everyone that you know in. The more the merrier.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Training in the mountains. In a shack where all I did was cut down trees, wrestle bears and play smash.

Nah just chillin up north. NO PWER RANKINGS?!
Heard you won that UNM tourney Paul good job man, you guys are probably way better than me. My friend Nick took 4th I think?
But when is the next big showdown in ABQ town?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I'm not sure when the next tournament is. There might be a tournament happening this month. I know that the Cure Gaming is going to hold an event in early December.

However, Kash (and a few others) are planning to attend the El Paso tournament in a few weeks. Talk to them to see if you can go.

Edit: @Joecas: Welcome to the NM smash scene. We usually hold regular smashfests quite often. Plus, there is usually a tournament at least once every month. So there are plenty of oppurtunities to get into the community and introduce yourself.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wow. This forum is incredibly active.
Its gonna be hard to keep up.
It has bursts of activity. Don't sweat it.

Sup suckas
Training in the mountains. In a shack where all I did was cut down trees, wrestle bears and play smash.

Nah just chillin up north. NO PWER RANKINGS?!
Heard you won that UNM tourney Paul good job man, you guys are probably way better than me. My friend Nick took 4th I think?
But when is the next big showdown in ABQ town?
I missed ya, man.

Awesome. I was in Africa wrestling lions.

Power Rankings:
Sinz
AlphaBravo
Me
GoldenGlove

There you go. I'm going to OK, CO, and TX for out of state tournaments this month. Interested, Johnny?

Shoutouts

Steven I didn't get to play you... at all... in anything. That's a first, haha. Sorry about the cuddling. Nolan, Neil, and I decided that you were too cute to resist. I think the marriage counseling between Nolan and I won't be necessary, either. The more drunk... er, tired, he got the better we got along, haha.

Nolan Thanks for the best $10 MM in the world. Also the easiest $10 in the world. YES! Try again next time you think you can compete with my amazing photography skills. I am, and always will be, the best Pokeman Snap player. Though, personally I prefer the Brawl. Oh, and Pikachu rocks, though I think you should see a doctor. I'm concerned that your obsession has gone too far.

Neil I don't know what it was, but toward the end of the night you were becoming very violent. Poor Paul. It's not his fault he is no good at Tetris. Thanks for holding the Smash fest and being an overall great host. Good stuff all around. $2 MM in Brawl and I'll $1 MM in Melee. I owe you $21 now. Nolan will give you the ten dollars I so rightfully won from him in Pokemon Snap.

August You're such a cool guy. I don't care what Neil says. Did you ever get to play Brawl? I don't think so and that makes me sad. I'm sorry, August :(. I was going to tell you about how much Castlevania sucks, but my present to you as a token of my sincere apology is not trashing on that terri-- awesome game series. You missed our amazing Pokemon Snap MM. I'll **** you in Melee next time.

Overgames I don't know your real name. I think it is Derick or something. Perhaps I'll find out one day. Good games. Too bad you could've of stuck around. I was really terrible when I get there, but I picked up after Nolan started getting owned.

Xion What the heck man? You show up from Los Lunas to play Smash for three hours? I didn't even get to see you. Lame.

Zman Good stuff. Pick up a character that doesn't suck.

Paul Thanks for at least helping me a little bit and prepping me for the tournament. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about Falco. I may just use Wolf despite Wolf being at a large disadvantage, or I may pick up G&W to counter Falco and Rob. Not sure. We'll see. Goodtimes.com.

Erich OH MAN! It was SO cool that you showed up. It was such a blast, man. You really made the evening entertaining. And that one joke you told? Out of this world! I'm so glad you came to the Smash fest... oh... wait...

Sinz Too bad you couldn't come. I was looking forward to playing you.

I think that's about it.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Kash I would love to go, but all my finances are going towards a trip to seattle in dec. gonna ruff dem fools up there in the northwest. But thanks.

But if there is a tourney in abq next month I am definitely down. Got some new method of mindgames.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
We haven't had a tournament in awhile... we should.

We usually have a Smash fest every two weeks or so. Tournaments are usually held on the east side of town.

I really want a tournament. Maybe I'll have one at my house, haha.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Johnny, you know that MK is banned right?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well, now that my sister has moved out I have quite a bit of room at my house. So I could probably hold a tournament.

@Everyone: Man up and face me in Brawl+. Nolan was the only one who faced me. I really wanted to test out the new Hitstun mod...but no one wanted to play Brawl+.

Also, smash64 was awesome. Teams/Doubles in that game suck, though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well, now that my sister has moved out I have quite a bit of room at my house. So I could probably hold a tournament.

@Everyone: Man up and face me in Brawl+. Nolan was the only one who faced me. I really wanted to test out the new Hitstun mod...but no one wanted to play Brawl+.

What are you doing tomorrow after school?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I just ate the absolute most manly burger to ever grace this planet.

The biggest piece of cow ever! It was so tender and juicy and rich in flavor. The buns around it were pathetic. There was nothing that could contain this burger's awesome power on this planet, aside from my stomach.

^_^

Just thought everyone should know.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I just ate the absolute most manly burger to ever grace this planet.

The biggest piece of cow ever! It was so tender and juicy and rich in flavor. The buns around it were pathetic. There was nothing that could contain this burger's awesome power on this planet, aside from my stomach.

^_^

Just thought everyone should know.
Nasty. I had Pesto Tortelloni :) It was amazing.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This is going to be hard to type everything out :/

:/

I shouldn't have volunteered...

I think Samuraipanda ***** the crap out of me.
It was either him or Umbreon.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Fun smashfest.

Good post again, Neil.

By "part" I meant party, but oh well. I'm just going to Smash with you guys. I really need practice for the tournaments so if I could do a lot of matches against Dedede's, Falco's, and Kirby's that would be great. Snakes, too.

Also, no, I don't really trust my mom. I trust myself. That's about it. There are only two other people in this world that have ever gained my absolute trust. That is Cassandra, who took my trust and crushed it into a million pieces, and Kristin, the second most amazing girl I have ever to meet in my life and has taken care of me during my hard times as a result of Cassandra.

I used to not be so dark and callous, but that's just what the events in my life have molded me into. Every time I was too forgiving, trusting, or what have you I've been walked all over. Nice guys never finish, Neil. Ever.
Thanks for complimenting my post I guess. This post gave me deep insight about your personality. To trust no one is a good motto to live by. And I hope you're not implying that I'm a nice guy. You've seen my violent side...

Sorry guys. I can' t make it today. I have to pick up a corsage, my shirt from the dry cleaners, and a lot more things.

I am sorry Davis, but I don't agree with that statement. Nice guys can finish, it is just harder for them to do so.
How was homecoming? And I agree with your revision of Davis's statement.

I don't have any plans next tuesday during the day. We could probably do something then.(its election day. No school.)
I'm tired of smashfests. Make Paul host one, as you're implying.

I kinda hate to randomly jump into this discussion more than 300 pages in, but i would just like to introduce myself. I'm me! Anyway, i just joined this forum to see what is going on the world of SSB:B, and it seems to that there are several people here from around ABQ, just like me. Hopefully i can stay active on this forum and become a member of the local smash community. I have owned brawl since the day it came out, but my eyes were opened @ a recent schoolwide tournament as to how complex brawl actually is.
It's a pleasure to meet you Joecas. My name's Neil. Just attach the image of a yin-yang sign to the name and you should be set :) Out of curiosity, is your name Joe?

Sup suckas
Nothing much Paul. Mind if I call you PaulSquared from now on? It'll be much easier for me to keep track of people.

It has bursts of activity. Don't sweat it.

I missed ya, man.

Awesome. I was in Africa wrestling lions.

Power Rankings:
Sinz
AlphaBravo
Me
GoldenGlove

There you go. I'm going to OK, CO, and TX for out of state tournaments this month. Interested, Johnny?

Shoutouts

Steven I didn't get to play you... at all... in anything. That's a first, haha. Sorry about the cuddling. Nolan, Neil, and I decided that you were too cute to resist. I think the marriage counseling between Nolan and I won't be necessary, either. The more drunk... er, tired, he got the better we got along, haha.

Nolan Thanks for the best $10 MM in the world. Also the easiest $10 in the world. YES! Try again next time you think you can compete with my amazing photography skills. I am, and always will be, the best Pokeman Snap player. Though, personally I prefer the Brawl. Oh, and Pikachu rocks, though I think you should see a doctor. I'm concerned that your obsession has gone too far.

Neil I don't know what it was, but toward the end of the night you were becoming very violent. Poor Paul. It's not his fault he is no good at Tetris. Thanks for holding the Smash fest and being an overall great host. Good stuff all around. $2 MM in Brawl and I'll $1 MM in Melee. I owe you $21 now. Nolan will give you the ten dollars I so rightfully won from him in Pokemon Snap.

August You're such a cool guy. I don't care what Neil says. Did you ever get to play Brawl? I don't think so and that makes me sad. I'm sorry, August :(. I was going to tell you about how much Castlevania sucks, but my present to you as a token of my sincere apology is not trashing on that terri-- awesome game series. You missed our amazing Pokemon Snap MM. I'll **** you in Melee next time.

Overgames I don't know your real name. I think it is Derick or something. Perhaps I'll find out one day. Good games. Too bad you could've of stuck around. I was really terrible when I get there, but I picked up after Nolan started getting owned.

Xion What the heck man? You show up from Los Lunas to play Smash for three hours? I didn't even get to see you. Lame.

Zman Good stuff. Pick up a character that doesn't suck.

Paul Thanks for at least helping me a little bit and prepping me for the tournament. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about Falco. I may just use Wolf despite Wolf being at a large disadvantage, or I may pick up G&W to counter Falco and Rob. Not sure. We'll see. Goodtimes.com.

Erich OH MAN! It was SO cool that you showed up. It was such a blast, man. You really made the evening entertaining. And that one joke you told? Out of this world! I'm so glad you came to the Smash fest... oh... wait...

Sinz Too bad you couldn't come. I was looking forward to playing you.

I think that's about it.
I hate to be so self-centered, but I wish I was on that power rankings :( I don't care if I commonly bad-mouth brawl, it doesn't mean I'm not good at it :( Well, grieving aside, I liked your shoutout of erich in particular. Sounds like a comment that Steven would say. His type of comedy is so...distinct. Steven, if you are reading this, I'm telling you that you only make distinct types of jokes!!! It mainly consists of impersonations and one-line sarcasm statements.
I know I was getting violent by the end of the day, and I'm sorry. Must be another call for attention or cry for help. Please don't take it personally that I keep talking about the money, but it's probably the largest singular sum of money I've won in my smash career.
Paul, if you are reading this, $10 Tetris moneymatch. It would be easily measured too. We'll talk about the conditions later.

@joecas: Welcome to the community man.

@Kash: I'm thinking of picking up DDD competivly, dun know though.

@Neil: I don't like you.
It would be much appreciated if you could justify your statements without blankly stating it. Saying "I don't like you" doesn't mean much to me unless you provide evidence as to why you would say that or what I did to piss you off during the smashfest. (i'm guessing it has to do with your kicking me in the back?) If I did something, well I'm sorry. I hope you take this as a friendly apology though.

A ness/lucas team is bound to failure versus a team with a marth against it. Their teamwork is very good I must say. The ness sacrificed himself to save the lucas (which was a dumb maneuver, since ness was at 0% while lucas was at 178%). The marth faired the diddy when the diddy was forward b-ing to recover. Great example of applying teamwork for aspiring competitors.

Nasty. I had Pesto Tortelloni :) It was amazing.
Mmm. I had pesto tortellini as well on Friday evening -.- Stop copying me.

Lol@ Everett's ct change. Don't get *****. It's not good for you.
That was funny. When you said "it's not good for you" it sounded like you were saying **** is some kind of food or drugs or lifestyle. Looks like ****** is a career for some people -.- And what is "ct" change again? If I were a new smashboards member I would probably know, but at this point of my smash career, I barely take note of my avatar and signature and post count and titles and other unimportant forum quirks.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman

I had a lot of fun playing Brawl+. I felt like I didn't abuse enough of the things that I could have, and only started really wavedashing towards the last few games, but still, I want to play it again soon. Can you link me to the thread for hacking wiis to get it?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hola everyone. Hey just an FVI. Saturday night I'm free if anyone wants to drive my way (no I'm not driving to hell and bacj for those who live way the... ya you get the point). Either way I was hoping to melee it alot (yes I know I said the taboo word) or just hang out. If anyones up for it just send me a text.

P.S. Nice guys do finish an not last. But to all those that think that way (whih I'm sad to see is most of you), that is how you will end up. Need any advice? Ask someone who's been through alot of this thing called life (I feel so old)

P.S. Neil... ANSWER YOUR TEXTS!!! Or if yu changed your number let me know. Mine is 977-7914 if anyone forgot. peace \/ \/ \/ \/ Knuckles still wins

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
wait so whats been new with everything in the smash community? Ive been out for so long that I just recently heard MK was banned and whats this about a podcast? And what the hell is Brawl+? Oh my God I'm a noob again!!! I must pwn some people quick to make up for it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's why you aren't getting my texts! I had 477-7914.

EDIT: HAHA! Kyle is such a scrub. Everyone point and laugh!

Metaknight is probably going to be banned nationally because he has no bad matches up and is broken, to be blunt.

There was a live podcast last night with Overswarm, Alphazealot, Umbreon, and a couple others arguing about why Metaknight should or shouldn't be banned and the results thereof. Overswarm, who was pro ban, wiped the floor with them.

Oh, and I'm still awesome.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
dude after picking the game up last night for the first time in a while i was able to break past those mental walls that had always been stopping me lol. So Im pretty sure your *** is history once you play me.

lol probably not but hey who knows XP

Oh and Kash 2 lines im sure you've heard but just in case: a tribute to the real Wolf
"I can't let you brew that Starbucks"
and
"I can't let you chew that Starburst"

XP

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I've read alot of metaknight ban stuff. Its kinda sad but it makes sense. Its all good tho. I rarely play brawl anymore (actually last night was the first time in months!!!) Melee tho is a whole different story. Me, Lewis and Kyle dusted off the old game about 5 days ago and got hooked again =D Hey smashfest Saturday night most likely. Send me a text or PM me if you think you can make it (I'm especially looking at the former top 10 to show up... Please dear god try too) Hasta laters

P.S. The smashfest will be mostly melee, some brawl, guilty gear if anyone wants to challenge Lewis, and maybe some other games

Edit: If you feel like losing to Kyle or Lewis bring Soul Cal 3 or 4

Dekar173

Justice Man
More and more people, awesome.

twins! Tell lewis I played some guy "Bananadan" at intel and he mentioned him as an amazing Ike, just to boost his ego =P

Welcome Joecas, what part of town do you happen to live in??

Kneel, I prefer to spell your name this way, you candle sniffing ****fence. Also, Zman is just jealous cause his hair lacks volume.

Davis, "Clazziquai Project" and "Fantastic Plastic Machine" are a couple of awesome techno artists that I forgot to download on your computer, check them out :p as for your trust issue, if people can earn your trust but aren't automatically given it, that's just a smart way to live, not heartless. So don't let it bother you (I'm sure it doesn't anyway but I still have to say that) XD

Steven, read my grandma's book man it's pretty legitimate, like spaghettios.

Erich, I wanna see what you were like back in your prime at Melee! So do it! (I'm not challenging you, Ness is more of a pacifist in that game, and I'm sure your Marth would brutally **** him for being so ;D)

tw1n, what's your name? And what's your brother's name? I've got a friend who would definitely want to challenge and maybe even practice with Lewis, except we live here in the Northeast and I'm not quite sure whether you guys live on the west side or not ><

Paul, it's safe to assume you have anti-trip on that wii right? Mind bringing that to tourneys so we can run semis and finals on it and get rid of the luck factor? =o

Zman, it'd be awesome to start playing a DDD, so pick him up!

Ax, good gravy-licking God do I hate you. Eat a bowl of hair. Or better yet, I hope your head explodes during a philosophical discussion with your aunt.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Paul, it's safe to assume you have anti-trip on that wii right? Mind bringing that to tourneys so we can run semis and finals on it and get rid of the luck factor? =o
Sure thing. I also have the "Save replays longer than three minutes" mod as well. So that way every match will get saved regardless of length.

Ya I've read alot of metaknight ban stuff. Its kinda sad but it makes sense. Its all good tho. I rarely play brawl anymore (actually last night was the first time in months!!!) Melee tho is a whole different story. Me, Lewis and Kyle dusted off the old game about 5 days ago and got hooked again =D Hey smashfest Saturday night most likely. Send me a text or PM me if you think you can make it (I'm especially looking at the former top 10 to show up... Please dear god try too) Hasta laters
Sounds good David. I'll probably be able to attend.

If you feel like losing to Kyle or Lewis bring Soul Cal 3 or 4
We'll see about that....

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
dude after picking the game up last night for the first time in a while i was able to break past those mental walls that had always been stopping me lol. So Im pretty sure your *** is history once you play me.

lol probably not but hey who knows XP

Oh and Kash 2 lines im sure you've heard but just in case: a tribute to the real Wolf
"I can't let you brew that Starbucks"
and
"I can't let you chew that Starburst"

XP
I hate you! Don't foul Wolf's glorious name!

"I do know one thing. I'm owed an apology, and I will have it!" ~ Wolf O'Donnell

P.S. The smashfest will be mostly melee, some brawl, guilty gear if anyone wants to challenge Lewis, and maybe some other games

Edit: If you feel like losing to Kyle or Lewis bring Soul Cal 3 or 4
I challenge Lewis, and anyone else who has the balls to face me in a game I've never played, to Guilty Gears!

Soul Calibur 3 sucks. Soul Calibur 4 money match? $20? If that's too much for you college kids, then how about $5?

Kneel, I prefer to spell your name this way, you candle sniffing ****fence. Also, Zman is just jealous cause his hair lacks volume.

Davis, "Clazziquai Project" and "Fantastic Plastic Machine" are a couple of awesome techno artists that I forgot to download on your computer, check them out :p as for your trust issue, if people can earn your trust but aren't automatically given it, that's just a smart way to live, not heartless. So don't let it bother you (I'm sure it doesn't anyway but I still have to say that) XD

Steven, read my grandma's book man it's pretty legitimate, like spaghettios.

Erich, I wanna see what you were like back in your prime at Melee! So do it! (I'm not challenging you, Ness is more of a pacifist in that game, and I'm sure your Marth would brutally **** him for being so ;D)

tw1n, what's your name? And what's your brother's name? I've got a friend who would definitely want to challenge and maybe even practice with Lewis, except we live here in the Northeast and I'm not quite sure whether you guys live on the west side or not ><

Zman, it'd be awesome to start playing a DDD, so pick him up!

Ax, good gravy-licking God do I hate you. Eat a bowl of hair. Or better yet, I hope your head explodes during a philosophical discussion with your aunt.
I think Dekar is on to something, Kneel.

Shame you didn't show up at the fest, Dekar. It was pretty sweet. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Paul, answer your phone. I wanna play some brawl+ with you.

Top Bottom