• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* matchup discussion week #8: D3!

Gah777

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does it fell like half the people here are trolling? 65:35? There's no way Falco counters DDD that hard. It's definately 60:40 at best. Falco and DDD punish eachother well, and DDD can be a pain to kill (regardless of what people say), but Falco outcamps DDD and racks damage on DDD better that DDD racks damage on Falco. Falco needs to play extremely cautious, carefully, and campy in this matchup.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I love how people measure a match-up with "move vs move" and frame advantages/disadvantages (basically: "Mah pokemanz attacks beats yorz!").

There are only a few people who mention actual strategy. I won't say anything because I'm not experienced enough in that matchup to give some valid input.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
utilt cant be jump cancelled and doesnt work like shieldgrab, i dont know how it would ignore the 7frames except when ps'd. even then, the laser is probably faster. the point being, silent laser isnt punishable

CO18

Smash Hero
If Im able to house dehf at MLG, well play a 23232453 matches and Ill upload them just for yall

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
o_O

Yes it is. Powershield > punish with w/e you want that you know will work.
It's been shown time and time again that silent laser -> ftilt is completely unpunishable. If you powershield the laser and try to drop your shield to punish, you will eat falco's ftilt. If you powershield the laser and hold your shield through the ftilt, the hit stun you receive is too much to punish (assuming the falco spaced properly).

I heard co18 was a douche to the aussies when they were in the US.
wtf mods... Why is this bull****, off-topic ******ry allowed?

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
My opinion on this MU is 60:40.

Reasons

Falco can keep D3 away effectively and poke away at his shield.

Recovering safe isn't really a problem, D3's up tilt should be very obvious.

What goes up, must come down, and when D3 air dodges, Falco's nair will be there to punish.

Also, Falco's chain grab does a massive amount of damage, especially if you can land a laser lock.

Jab and ftilt are wonderful in this matchup, as long as they don't power shield. Bair is pretty good for an aerial poke, excellent for a kill move. Utilt is pretty good also, good launcher/anti air.

On D3's side

His down throw is excellent for tech chasing

He's quite heavy, we have to play a keep away game for a long time.

He can punish us easily if we aren't careful.

He can rack quite a bit of damage with his throws and aerials.

omega zero

Smash Cadet
Well, I suppose you mean "It SHOULDN'T hit." So just camp as hard as heck when your in kill percentage?

∫unk

Smash Master
interrupt phantasm or if you make them air dodge as they land

i've up tilted larry so lets refrain from saying how impossible it is

On D3's side
His down throw is excellent for tech chasing
Bthrow > Fthrow > Dthrow > Uthrow. It's a creed for DDD's to use Bthrow whenever possible against someone they cannot CG. Reason is you can typically pull off 16%-20% fresh and it typically sends them offstage. Falco does not like being offstage, and it's easier to chase him in the air than on the ground in a tech chase.

Just saying.

∫unk

Smash Master
what none of them are the absolute best depends on the character and percent and location on the stage

the best throw is the one they don't expect and still puts them in a bad position

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Jab is **** against pretty much everyone except Marth. If you use double jab and hit, it can cancel into a grab and they can't do a lot about it. If you hit your jabs on shield, you can go on with the third jab and you're unpunishable.

Jab = ****.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What can they really do about jab jab, for as far as I know there's shield, which can be negated with a grab. I think we have a double jab like Fox's, whose double jab combo's into shine, just a tad worse.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
What can they really do about jab jab, for as far as I know there's shield, which can be negated with a grab. I think we have a double jab like Fox's, whose double jab combo's into shine, just a tad worse.
The only thing Dedede can do about that is spot dodge or roll, but the grab has to be buffered or else Dedede will be able to grab before Falco's grab comes out.

Denzi

Smash Master
The only thing Dedede can do about that is spot dodge or roll, but the grab has to be buffered or else Dedede will be able to grab before Falco's grab comes out.
You have to CC the second jab then, right? Because otherwise it would just be read as another jab input.

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
That's their problem for not having the patience for optimal strategy.
Yeah, I'm talking about the average joe falco.

I have a lot of patience, most people don't.

EDIT:

Down throw is really good for tech chasing, saying that bthrow is good too doesn't change that. I got tech chased mad hard the other day, he got like 40% on me ~_~

M@v

Subarashii!
I can laser camp all day if I'm in the lead and they don't want to approach. You want to see campy Falco? Watch mine vs snakes =P

Top Bottom