• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New FL Melee PRs?

Pi

Smash Hero
i would like to remain in my current positions on the list regardless of how well i place in future tournaments kthx.

p.s. roy is my new main, samus is my secondary

this is not a joke. get graped kids.

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
Sooo this upcoming tournament in sfl is gonna count towards the power rankings right? Cuz I'm gonna wreck some power ranked scrubs :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Florida *****! Too good. Colin you better have your eyes on that #1 spot. Emilio, don't quit. Best ganon of all time! Trichrome, show some *****es your moves. I'm ready to see this finalized and need to come to fl sometime.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Flamin Roy can beat 7 out of the current top 10(imo). That guy is so good.

That ***et seems to always beat me in tourney! Although its generally pretty close.

Dark sonic will have to step it up man! He could have done better at noob. But that toobz guy wasnt taking any bull**** that day lmao.

Cant wait for dont choke results this weekend :)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

That ***et seems to always beat me in tourney! Although its generally pretty close.

Dark sonic will have to step it up man! He could have done better at noob. But that toobz guy wasnt taking any bull**** that day lmao.

I've beaten Harriet the guy, Skrach, and Uberice in tournament sets before too.

I did let myself down at noob, but that's still ONE tournament <_<.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
I've beaten Harriet the guy, Skrach, and Uberice in tournament sets before too.

I did let myself down at noob, but that's still ONE tournament <_<.
i would say this too, but i can't. cause hbox and collin said its since this tournament.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Man you guys don't even know what i'm capable of. I'll def try and make it out to WATO13. When is it gonna happen?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lmao wato 13?

I went to that tournament.

Anyway toobz you got a really spontanious playstyle. I like it :).

Havent fought against many foxes like yours.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** that was a while ago wasn't it LOL. Thanks man I'll try and go to the next tourney

Zoro

Smash Champion

BUT HE CANT BEAT A RANDOM LINK LOL
jk most ppl don't study the matchup, while all i play is top tiers. I probably wont beat him again.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
rock, gemme ur number. this guys told me u play dota, and i have a venezuelan team :).. so id love to have a 5 v 5 cm by garenas

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Plup, YL vs Roy money match?
Kniht, Roy ditto bill battle?
Anybody's ganon ruble rumble my roy?
Flamin Roy Roy ditto mm?
GamenWatch and Pichu experimenter's, cash clash my roy?
M2K money match my luigi?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Prs are wrong there is no defined top 10. top 5 ya but top 10 na. I been saying it for awhile top 15 would do flordia justice(hell maybe even top 20).

Everyone is good. our tournament results seems really sparatic(aside for the usual top placers colin shiz juan).

For sure people are getting good man. Im habby uber ice got some redemtion this turn out but it still shows how people still can lose to other good players.

darksonic also steped it up this time for sure!

Lol ESAM will never get ranked cuz he doesnt play but I think we all know how that one goes.

Florida do as you plz now. Imo if we still decide to do one it still cant be completed yet.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm why not design a point system like what TX does for brawl. Adjust the points earned depending on attendance so that will address the problem of 'player A getting first in an eight man tourney' or w/e is solved.

A point system is pretty much a display of activity and placings. There will be no bias involved and OoS know who's relatively active and what players to expect a challenge from aside from already well known names.

With a point system everyone will be ranked as well as giving people a drive to reach the top instead of hoping they get 'one of these 10-15 players' in their bracket/pool.

If you still really want to do the traditional PR system let's let some time pass, maybe till late summer. FL's Melee scene is picking up and hopefully more events will spring up in the future. You guys can use data from these events to find out which players are the most consistent.

EDIT: Here's their PR thread if you want to look at how their system works http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226443

In short, here is how it works.

• The list is extremely dynamic based on recent tournament results. It tries to stay as up-to-date as possible. The list is updated after EVERY tournament (please email me TIO files).
  • Players are rated based on head-to-head battles for any given tournament. They are not based off of placings (1st, 2nd, 3rd), as this is not necessary.
  • Everyone starts at 1600 points. This is considered the average score.
  • You gain points for beating someone in tournament. If they have more points than you, you'll gain more points. If they have less points, you'll gain fewer points.
  • You lose points if you lose to someone in tournament. If they have more points than you, you'll lose fewer points. If they have less points, you'll lose more points.
  • Not going to a tournament means you will not gain or lose points, you'll stay the same. This explains why some inactive players (Melee1, PhoenixAlpha, etc) are still ranked decently high.
  • Only Singles are counted for ratings. Teams, Low-Tier, etc will not be counted.
  • Players must have participated in at least two tournaments to appear on the PR list.

:rosalina:

Zoro

Smash Champion

I think what you guys decided on a month ago should already be the official ranking as of 3/6/2011. If you keep waiting you will have to change like every week. Rankings change because players change.If you dont establish noob as being the last tournament before making the PRs we will never have one.

in a few months or whatever maybe we can do another like quarterly rankings or semi annual rankings. Just an update on whos doing well in the state at a given time. We shouldnt be discussing it after every tourney. In a few months we can sit and compare from past performances but we need to have something to build off of.

The PRs shoulda been made official a month ago

Top Bottom